PDA

View Full Version : 5 night Canada cruises on Magic--shows

TChrist05
08-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Hello all....can anyone tell us what the shows are on the 5 night Canada cruises--been a while since we were on the Magic. Do they have the welcome aboard show and the show at the end of the cruise?
Thanks.
Tom

Eric, Julie and Hailey
08-11-2012, 11:29 PM
According to the Navigators posted from June, they have a Welcome Aboard show, Villians Tonight, Twice Charmed, Disney Dreams and a variety farewell show.

lady9
08-12-2012, 08:15 AM
We are just off the 5 night Canada cruise. The shows were: Welcome Aboard, Twice Charmed, Villians Tonight, Brave in 3D (also showing several times in Buena Vista in regular vision) and Dreams.

Happy Goofy
08-12-2012, 08:18 AM
Hi Tom- We just got off the Magic after doing the BTB. We did the first part with family and it was a whole new experience and then John and I did the Canadian one alone. They had the Sail Away Show, Villians, Twice Charmed and Dreams. Five nights went by very fast after we are used to doing the longer cruises. We had our shrimp every night- missed sharing it with you and I had a Mickey Bar in your honor.
There were some Disboarders on it but nothing was really oraganized. We did do the FE, There were no special landyards or name tags to recognize others from the site. We missed our Disboard activities and Friends.
The service we got was excellent and the food was a little better than on the Hawaiian one I think. When we went to Halifax it POURED and we were walking in the parks in two inches of water. I decided to get one of those rolling walkers for this curise because of my eyes and balance and it worked out great except when I was trying to hold the umbrella and push it.
We did the TOP TEN of Halifax and would of enjoyed listening to the Titanic connection but it was raining so hard then we could not hear the guide.
It stopped a little when we got to Peggy's Cove but we did not walk the rocks it was too slippery.
In St John's we took THe Highlights of St John. There really is not that much to see there. IF you go to the waterfront they had a stand that sells ice cream and I got Bear Tracks and it was the best chocolate ice cream. There is another stand that sell Beaver Tails which is like fried dough and you chose the topping. We got bananas and chocolate. It was delicious.
The staff was very attentive and it was my birthday the day we did the BTB switch and Joseph from guest services had all the BTB people (36) sing HP to me in the Atrium and he sent us up a bottle of Asti.
IF you run into Sherri tell her we said hello- She does a lot of the quiz shows and is one one the dancers on the Sail Away and the Pirate Night. On Pirate Night they did the buffet in Topsiders which worked out very well- it was a lot less chaos.

Hope Manilou is doing great- Let us know how your trip goes. We booked a BTB on the Fantasy at the beginning of Feb just to have something booked. We will see what happens.

valbob89
08-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Hi Tom- We just got off the Magic after doing the BTB. We did the first part with family and it was a whole new experience and then John and I did the Canadian one alone. They had the Sail Away Show, Villians, Twice Charmed and Dreams. Five nights went by very fast after we are used to doing the longer cruises. We had our shrimp every night- missed sharing it with you and I had a Mickey Bar in your honor.
There were some Disboarders on it but nothing was really oraganized. We did do the FE, There were no special landyards or name tags to recognize others from the site. We missed our Disboard activities and Friends.
The service we got was excellent and the food was a little better than on the Hawaiian one I think. When we went to Halifax it POURED and we were walking in the parks in two inches of water. I decided to get one of those rolling walkers for this curise because of my eyes and balance and it worked out great except when I was trying to hold the umbrella and push it.
We did the TOP TEN of Halifax and would of enjoyed listening to the Titanic connection but it was raining so hard then we could not hear the guide.
It stopped a little when we got to Peggy's Cove but we did not walk the rocks it was too slippery.
In St John's we took THe Highlights of St John. There really is not that much to see there. IF you go to the waterfront they had a stand that sells ice cream and I got Bear Tracks and it was the best chocolate ice cream. There is another stand that sell Beaver Tails which is like fried dough and you chose the topping. We got bananas and chocolate. It was delicious.
The staff was very attentive and it was my birthday the day we did the BTB switch and Joseph from guest services had all the BTB people (36) sing HP to me in the Atrium and he sent us up a bottle of Asti.
IF you run into Sherri tell her we said hello- She does a lot of the quiz shows and is one one the dancers on the Sail Away and the Pirate Night. On Pirate Night they did the buffet in Topsiders which worked out very well- it was a lot less chaos.

Hope Manilou is doing great- Let us know how your trip goes. We booked a BTB on the Fantasy at the beginning of Feb just to have something booked. We will see what happens.

Glad to read you had a good time on the trip, despite the rain. Hope your doing better. Val & Bob

FriscoTexasMom
08-12-2012, 06:45 PM
I had read mixed reviews on "Villains Tonight," but it was our favorite show of the five-day cruise. Even my sensitive 7-year-old loved it; I was worried she would be frightened. I highly recommend it!

FINCANTIERI
08-12-2012, 07:32 PM

Glad to hear that you had a great time. We were part of the group of 20 on the BTB that sang to you. My wife who led the song says hi.

Happy Goofy
08-13-2012, 07:08 AM
Your group really made my day. THANKS