PDA

View Full Version : whice resort? Pop, POR, AKL or WL?

Gonma
08-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Hi! Looking for feedback where to stay. Would live newer room, Good place to eat variety at quick service and convinient for traveling and moving around with a 2yrs old (need to go back to resort for naps). Looking into Pop, Por, akl, wl. Thanks!!!

softballmom3
08-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Hi! and welcome to the Dis :).

We have stayed at Pop and POR. I, personally, liked them both but did LOVE POR this last November. They have had lots of renovation in the rooms and have a great quick service area. We stayed in Alligator Bayou area because there were 5 of us and had a renovated room which was great!

I did love the theming of Pop and a 2 yr old would probably also but I believe I would stay at POR first. We never had any problems with the buses at either resorts but might say Pop bus system seemed a little quicker than POR .

Can't lose with either one of those. I can't speak for AKL since we haven't stayed there but I have heard the walk is very long from some of those rooms.

mickeynut1
08-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Out of your choices, we have stayed at WL and AKL and my choice would be WL. While the buses at AKL weren't bad at all during our stays, we love taking the boat from WL to MK. Plus we love being in close proximity to MK and to the monorail resorts where it's easy to go to the CR, Poly, and GF for dining, shopping, or just visiting. Good luck with your decision.

Mousemommy1
08-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Of your choices, we have stayed at Pop and WL. Our current favorite resort is hands down, the WL. It is peaceful, beautiful and a true "resort". I honestly don't have a bad thing to say about it. The renovations at WL will be wrapping up at the end of September. We stayed in a new room last month and it was beautiful! :thumbsup2

Plus, with the boat to MK and quick, easy access to the monorail, the transportation options are great.

Happy choosing! :goodvibes

croe321
08-11-2012, 03:23 PM
I've stayed at Pop, WL, and AKL. I dont have kids so I probably am not the best to offer advice, but in trying to invision my trip with kids I have to agree with WL for the reasons people have listed above. I LOVE AKL, but from the perspective of a 2 yo I think WL would be more fun :)