PDA

View Full Version : Phone call from MS

heynowirv
08-11-2012, 12:09 PM
We're going on our first disney cruise my first cruise ever. It's a 4 night Bahamian cruise on the Dream.MS called to tell us they upgrade us to a outside cabin with a veranda. We leave in 4 days . I"M SOO EXCITED !!!!!!! Do they do this often?pirate:

Snick
08-11-2012, 02:06 PM
I don't know but the exact same thing happened to us!!

Woot-woot!!! Leaving in 3 days!!!!

grahamgallagher
08-11-2012, 02:16 PM
It may be that the cruises are not as full as normal, so upgrading people to empty cabins.

G

I don't know but the exact same thing happened to us!!

Woot-woot!!! Leaving in 3 days!!!!

heynowirv
08-11-2012, 03:40 PM
That was my guess as well. All I know is it saved us 48points and we were upgrated.Snicks we'll see you on the dream,,,

kcashner
08-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Upgrades depend on the number of unsold cabins. Sometimes you get the pixie dust.

Purdue Mouse
08-11-2012, 05:19 PM
We're going on our first disney cruise my first cruise ever. It's a 4 night Bahamian cruise on the Dream.MS called to tell us they upgrade us to a outside cabin with a veranda. We leave in 4 days . I"M SOO EXCITED !!!!!!! Do they do this often?pirate:

On our Alaska cruise, I asked for an upgrade at port. The ship was full but they only had a veranda room for parties of 3 (we were 4). There must be a few veranda rooms without the bunk. We got upgraded on our first cruise (3). Congratulations on your pixie dust.

sabchief
08-11-2012, 05:24 PM
We cruised in July 2012 and had a cabin with a veranda. We really, really enjoyed it. You will be glad that you have it.

Snick
08-11-2012, 06:56 PM
We were originally booked in. 10A cabin but decided to upgrade to an 8c, a large cabin meant for 5. We are a group of 3. Was very happy in my 8c but got upgraded (no one called. I just noticed online one day last week).

I'd read, after my paid upgrade, that sometimes you can be upgraded out of the 8c to make room for a group of 5. We got upgraded to a 5c. Same deck. I bet there is a group of 5 in our old cabin. :) maybe with a gty or something like that.

3 more days til we leave! We are heading down a day early.

Disneyholic
08-11-2012, 07:25 PM
I've been racking my brain, what is MS?

disneybeachprincess
08-11-2012, 07:30 PM
I've been racking my brain, what is MS?
Member Services

Disneyholic
08-11-2012, 07:38 PM
Member Services

DVC??? I guess that's why I didn't make the connection.

disneybeachprincess
08-11-2012, 07:42 PM
MS for me is related to DVC but I have heard it used for the DCL and WDW customer service agents too. I think if you are a DVC member, you use it for everything Disney! :happytv: That's what I do! princess:

P.S. Enjoy the Fantasy! I sail in June 2013 on her. Sailed on the Dream this past June.

CRSNDSNY
08-11-2012, 07:44 PM
That's awesome!!!!
We are using points for our December Fantasy cruise....booked an 11A.

disneybeachprincess
08-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Congrats! Pixie dust is wonderful! Enjoy your cruise!

love280mickey
08-11-2012, 09:48 PM
awesome for all of you with the upgrades!

I also booked on points with a cat 8C and would love to end up with a verandah! prob not going to happen though, we go Easter Week!

Disneyholic
08-12-2012, 10:35 AM
MS for me is related to DVC but I have heard it used for the DCL and WDW customer service agents too. I think if you are a DVC member, you use it for everything Disney! :happytv: That's what I do! princess:

P.S. Enjoy the Fantasy! I sail in June 2013 on her. Sailed on the Dream this past June.

Thanks. We were on the Dream May of 2011. It was a beautiful ship. We picked the same room on the Fantasy because we loved the location. Midship, middeck & close to the midship elevators & stairs.:thumbsup2

tripster222
08-12-2012, 12:43 PM
I was another one in this group that is leaving Wednesday that got upgraded from an 8 to a 5. We called to decline the upgrade though. We wanted to keep our Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom! ::yes::

I think having one of these staterooms that acommodate up to 5 helps in obtaining an upgrade! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to seeing my fellow cruisers in 3 days!! :cloud9:

SnowWhite2
08-12-2012, 01:54 PM
It might help but DH and I were in a cat 8C for NYE and didn't get an upgrade. I don't expect one this year either. I specifically booked it for the extra space.