PDA

View Full Version : Reputable DVC Rental Company?

Marthasor
08-11-2012, 11:24 AM
A friend of mine is interested in renting DVC points and I'm not sure where to direct her. I would like to recommend a rental company - I know of Dave's and DVC Rental Store. I'm not sure of others.

Can anyone make recommendations? Let me know of their experiences? I'm just hoping for a smooth transaction as I have heard good and bad stories about renting points.

thank you so much!

spiceycat
08-11-2012, 11:36 AM
there are others - but Dis does not allow them to be posted.

Dis before has had problems with other people saying they were DVC members and renting points - when in reality they just took the person money.

so they side on what they can control. they can control the dvc rental/trade and Dave has an established relationship with them.

they are the biggest and because of that if you go thru the board you will find a fair price.

Marthasor
08-11-2012, 11:44 AM
there are others - but Dis does not allow them to be posted.

Dis before has had problems with other people saying they were DVC members and renting points - when in reality they just took the person money.

so they side on what they can control. they can control the dvc rental/trade and Dave has an established relationship with them.

they are the biggest and because of that if you go thru the board you will find a fair price.

I see! Thank you. I will check out Dave's!

magrudersmakes3
08-11-2012, 03:27 PM
We used stayatWDW to rent ours. They are professional and courteous. They answered every question I had and since this was our first time, I had a ton of them. They always replied promptly and a lot of times the reply was outside of normal business hours. I also like the fact that they are local. There is no international fee and if something were to happen, they are a few minutes from WDW.

Butterflygirl35
08-11-2012, 03:47 PM
I have used timeshare store three times. Very happy and they charge $12 a point.