PDA

View Full Version : Do you take the word of CM??

Tigger2ntinkerbell
08-11-2012, 08:51 AM
I was on the phone with CM and he told me to wait to make my room only reservation because after Aug 14 because the "New" room only discounts will come out Aug 15 for Oct,Nov,Dec online.
So would you take him at his word. I just thought it odd. He didn't seem to hint at anything,just a matter of fact statement.
I guess I wait and see if he's right.

tigger2ntinkerbell

TDC Nala
08-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Well, if it doesn't bother you to wait, you can wait. But you can always make it now, and change it if anything comes out, you'd have to make 2 phone calls instead of 1 if you do that though.

Tigger2ntinkerbell
08-11-2012, 09:07 AM
I told him I still wanted to my a reservation. But he said why, when you will have to call back to cancel the first and make a new one. I told him fine, and hung up. I'll call later today and try again :goodvibes.

tigger2ntinkerbell

Missytara
08-11-2012, 09:15 AM
I told him I still wanted to my a reservation. But he said why, when you will have to call back to cancel the first and make a new one. I told him fine, and hung up. I'll call later today and try again :goodvibes.

tigger2ntinkerbell

He was incorrect; if you have a room only ressie and want to add a room only discount, you do not have to cancel and rebook. It is the same booking number.

Same if you book a package and then add a discount to a package; the booking numbers were the same.

If you went from room only to a package, you would have to change, because the booking number sequence is definately different.

You were smart to hang up; he lost a sale.

Maybe Disney should require CMs' to train on the Disboards.

Royal Consort
08-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Maybe Disney should require CMs' to train on the Disboards.

I've been very bewildered by what the CMs do and don't know. I've had some great CM experiences over the phone and they really knew their stuff.

And then I had to walk one through Free Dining and to actually apply it to my reservation.

In my experience they've either been very very good, or not up to scratch. No middle ground yet.

I would have thought they'd all be on the ball to be honest. Unfortunately the best advice I've ever found is use the DISboards to get all the information you need about how reservations work and then you know if the CM is off. Then send Disney your invoice :P