PDA

View Full Version : KTTW cards / lanyards

twynk9
08-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Hello!

We are heading out on our first cruise in October on the Fantasy... DD is 7 - does she need to have her KTTW card with her all the time while we're onboard, or can I just keep it? While we plan on using the kids clubs extensively, DD will never be roaming the ship without DH or me.

Are people using lanyards for their KTTW cards? Or other reasons? Are you buying them ahead of time or do you receive them on the ship?

Thank you!

TheTexasGal
08-11-2012, 08:09 AM
I am curious about this too! My girl is 4 and would have to have a lanyard if she needed to keep it with her.... Glad you asked and I am stalling this post for sure! LOL

KristiMc
08-11-2012, 08:15 AM
Your daughter does not need to carry her KTTW card. You will only need it when you get off the ship at ports.

I carry my card in a lanyard but my husband just puts his in his pocket. On your 2nd cruise and everyone after that you will get a lanyard when you check in based on your Castaway Club status. On your first cruise you will need to either bring one or buy one on the ship if you want one.

kddlm
08-11-2012, 08:18 AM
Thought I read somewhere that DVC members get free lanyards :confused3 Is this true? Just need to know whether to bring them ahead of time or not.

RunnerMomO
08-11-2012, 08:25 AM
I have a ton of lanyards from previous cruises and some are DVC. But we didn't get them when we checked in...want to say it was later, possibly during DVC party on board.

caheffe
08-11-2012, 12:51 PM
I have a ton of lanyards from previous cruises and some are DVC. But we didn't get them when we checked in...want to say it was later, possibly during DVC party on board.

We received our DVC lanyards in our room with a welcome aboard message.