PDA

View Full Version : Snagged French Quarter - Free Dining!!!

Royal Consort
08-10-2012, 07:23 PM
I check each morning with my coffee and today I was able to snag a standard room at the French Quarter!

We originally booked the FQ for our November trip in January and called first thing when Free Dining was announced but had to move to Riverside with Garden View. That's fine, no problem, but everyone kept talking about their FQ-love so I thought it would be worth checking if we could get back there.

So after moving to Riverside and moving back I think I'm going to leave reservations alone. I don't even know why I'm excited about the one bus stop since we're a couple of young lads and we like walking anyway! :confused: But we've been selling it to ourselves as "and its only got the one bus stop! ...and we can go for walks in the evening!"

*Fantasia*
08-10-2012, 08:32 PM
I think you will like POFQ! It's quaint and lovely. It's compact. You have the bus advantage. You still get to use POR amenities. :) POFQ is our favorite moderate resort! Enjoy your stay! You have to try their beignet!! Yummm!!

aubreysmom09
08-10-2012, 09:13 PM
We just did also. Switched from CBR. I was pretty excited. I don't know why because I've never stayed on property before. I do like that we will have queen size beds. Is it sad that I felt like we won the lottery....lol. I really wanted POR, but still nothing.

OThopeful35
08-10-2012, 09:20 PM
We love POFQ!! We always got dropped off first when sharing busses with POR:thumbsup2

tinkerbella16
08-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Congrats!!!!!! I am a major POFQ lover and I don't think you will be disappointed at all! POFQ is one of the first resorts to sell out quick for Free Dining. The same thing that happened to you, actually happened to me. Wanted to book POFQ with free dining for Sept, but no rooms were left with the offer and I love this resort that much that I booked it, paying for the DDP!! Then the room discounts became available and I switched to Royal Room at POR paying for DDP, with the room discount and came to be cheaper than POFQ paying for dining. Then not even two weeks later, my travel agent was able to find me a room with Free Dining at POFQ, but in a river view room and that made the cost even LESS!!! So I switched again back to my "home resort".

It is such a charming and beautiful resort! Enjoy!!!

Royal Consort
08-11-2012, 02:39 AM
aubreysmom09
We just did also. Switched from CBR. I was pretty excited. I don't know why because I've never stayed on property before. I do like that we will have queen size beds. Is it sad that I felt like we won the lottery....lol. I really wanted POR, but still nothing.

Congrats!!! I noticed as soon as I gave up my POR ressie, it was snapped up in 2 seconds! (I was curious and immediately searched on the system :P)

Congrats!!!!!! I am a major POFQ lover and I don't think you will be disappointed at all! POFQ is one of the first resorts to sell out quick for Free Dining. The same thing that happened to you, actually happened to me. Wanted to book POFQ with free dining for Sept, but no rooms were left with the offer and I love this resort that much that I booked it, paying for the DDP!! Then the room discounts became available and I switched to Royal Room at POR paying for DDP, with the room discount and came to be cheaper than POFQ paying for dining. Then not even two weeks later, my travel agent was able to find me a room with Free Dining at POFQ, but in a river view room and that made the cost even LESS!!! So I switched again back to my "home resort".

It is such a charming and beautiful resort! Enjoy!!!

Thanks tinkerbella16! I think we'll have a great trip. I think the appeal was also a more 'adult' resort and somewhere we can relax a little.

Disney appeared to release a whole bunch of French Quarter rooms today with Free Dining. Interesting, I wonder if they held them back for long.

caper4
08-11-2012, 05:14 AM
What dates are we talking as I'm stuck as the POFQ is only available from Dec. 20th-27th and are dates are Dec. 20th-Jan 3rd. Any suggestions? I guess I'll book at Riverside and hope something opens up there. Do I check a few times a day? Help...

aubreysmom09
08-11-2012, 06:24 AM
What dates are we talking as I'm stuck as the POFQ is only available from Dec. 20th-27th and are dates are Dec. 20th-Jan 3rd. Any suggestions? I guess I'll book at Riverside and hope something opens up there. Do I check a few times a day? Help...

We are going Nov. 25-Dec 3.

Royal Consort
08-11-2012, 07:13 AM

I've been checking each morning to get back to French Quarter since Free Dining opened. I would suggest you do the same. Since Disney seemed to release a few French Quarter rooms I don't think they'll do it again but you may catch a cancellation. Keep trying. I would book some resort with Free Dining right now so that's secure and then you can always move resorts. Either way you'll have free meals! Book now, shift if FQ becomes available.

hsmamato2
08-11-2012, 08:04 AM

YES check a few times daily,in the meantime get something else w/FD for your dates,otherwise you could end up with no deals you are going at a very busy time,and any deal at all is a good deal! I would be amazed at ANY deal left in that timeframe....

Disney Ron
08-11-2012, 08:11 AM
You can't go wrong with POR or POFQ, both are beautiful resorts.

Royal Consort
08-11-2012, 07:17 PM
YES check a few times daily,in the meantime get something else w/FD for your dates,otherwise you could end up with no deals you are going at a very busy time,and any deal at all is a good deal! I would be amazed at ANY deal left in that timeframe....

absolutely

tinkerbella16
08-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Thanks tinkerbella16! I think we'll have a great trip. I think the appeal was also a more 'adult' resort and somewhere we can relax a little.

Disney appeared to release a whole bunch of French Quarter rooms today with Free Dining. Interesting, I wonder if they held them back for long.

You are very welcome! And I do think it is more adult friendly and POR is more kid friendly with the pool area at POR being a little more fun for the kids and the resort has multiple quiet pools also. POFQ just has this charm that I love.. it very relaxing! Be sure to take the boat to DTD if you plan on heading over there at all during your trip! It is so nice and the views of the Tree Houses are great on the way!! :)

disneyfreak18
08-11-2012, 09:04 PM
POFQ is my favorite resort! The one bus stop really does make a HUGE difference. The walking part isn't a problem since there are bus stops close to all of the rooms but the multiple bus stops really does take a long time to get through all of the stops. Make sure to eat tons of beignets!

bamatmac
08-12-2012, 01:08 AM
Just curious how folks "check" for rooms opening up, etc? Can you do it online, do you have to call, use a TA, etc? Thanks for the info.

aubreysmom09
08-12-2012, 06:37 AM
Just curious how folks "check" for rooms opening up, etc? Can you do it online, do you have to call, use a TA, etc? Thanks for the info.

I checked online under the FD link. POFQ popped up. Since I already have a reservation I called, and they switched it for us.

utkscvol1
08-12-2012, 12:16 PM
We just switched from cbr as well. Hope we like it:)