PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone taken a toddler to Megans Bay?

DVC96
08-10-2012, 06:38 PM
We are travelling with a 16 month old for the first time. It seems that the beach trips on the ECB do not allow toddlers. Does anyone know why? It looks like it would be a great place for a little one to play in the sand and surf.

nenner1
08-10-2012, 08:05 PM
You'll have to go on your own. The age restrictions have to do with the vendors DCL contracts out for transportation. It is very common to find - in fact MOST excursions do not allow children under the ages of 3.

Very easy to do on your own- the taxis are open air safari buses that go to multiple destinations. It is a little pricey- IIRC ~8$ pp/each way - but till cheaper than going through the ship.

We have gone to Trunk Bay in St. John on our own with our toddler (now preschooler). Very easy. very expensive LOL. Magens is cheaper!

We will be going to Magens on our own next month. I agree looks like a perfect spot for a little one. :goodvibes

Hope that helps!

:)

havaneselover
08-10-2012, 08:08 PM
We did it through Disney with a 4 and a 5 year old. It was paradise. My favorite stop on the Eastern Caribbean by far. I would definitely encourage you to get your own transportation and go. It is the perfect beach for a toddler.