PDA

View Full Version : 3 Women 1 week - which resort - needs and wants

dadschum
08-10-2012, 05:58 PM
What would be the best option for 3 women at Disney together for a week? Traveling with me are my two best friends who are sisters. They could share a bed or we could have a place with 3 beds.

I am hoping to travel in 2014 at the end of Oct or early Nov – hopefully for
F & W.

Our needs are:

2 or 3 beds
Fridge
Coffee maker
2 bathrooms or at minimum 2 sinks outside of the toilet/shower area

Wants:

Balcony
Washer/Dryer
Microwave
Toaster
Pool, preferably a quieter one
Disney Transportation
Transport to/from MCO

A friend of mine has 250 points at BCV. That would likely get us a 1 bedroom at BCV at the 11 month mark or a 1 bedroom at BLT or AKV Kidani at the 7 month mark (2 choices which would give us the 2nd bathroom). Assuming she charges me a minimum of $10/point (maybe more) it will be about $2500.

BCV is near Epcot. BLT is near MK and the monorail. AKV is out of the way but seems to have more ambiance than BLT which seems like a large apartment building. But BLT and AKV rooms have great views. BCV don’t seem to have any good views from their villas.

In the 1 bedrooms are the sleeping options in the living room comfortable for an adult?

Or we could do a 2 bedroom at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Which gives us almost everything but much cheaper than DVC.

Or is it cheaper to do 2 rooms at a Value or Mod (connecting would be great but not essential) or a Family Suite at AoA or ASMu?

Would a suite somewhere be a good option? FW Cabins are also possible.

Where am I most likely to get a discount?

This is a trip to celebrate a special birthday. We will be mostly at MK and Epcot with probably 2 full or partial days of down time to spend at the resort or otherwise relaxing. BLT does not seem to be too relaxing to me. The other choices – more relaxing.

Price matters – but not completely. What gets us most of what we want for the best price?

Thanks for your help.

deegack
08-10-2012, 06:16 PM
I would go with animal kingdom simply because it has two full baths and it's so relaxing there

amberpi
08-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Try a nicer room at the Swan/Dolphin. For $2500 for a week, you might be able to get a suite with 2 bathrooms we've stayed in some suites that were supposed to sleep 9 and they would definitely fit 3 woman in per bed, although one was a pull out (it was NICE though!). It would be close for F&W festival, which given your group would probably be your main decider. We are just getting a group together for the marathon in Jan. It seems short notice, but I'm a short notice kinda gir; however, the struggle for "which resort" rages...

MMS1125
08-10-2012, 08:02 PM
It would depend on what you want to spend and what you are willing to give up or get for the amt of $$.

You can get 2 value rooms for a lot less than 2500/week and everybody gets their own bed vs a 1 BR at AKV-Kidani which would be the cheapest point value for a 1BR with 2 bathrooms

I personally would probably stay in a standard room at the Yacht Club if the sisters are willing to share a bed or if you get a daybed then ev1 would have their own space to sleep. You are near Epcot, guaranteed a balcony unless you are on the bottom floor but give up the 2 bathroom need (there are 2 sinks at the vanity). Plus there's a great pool to boot!

HermanTriplets+1
08-15-2012, 02:27 AM
Hi I found your thread, too!
Here's to BFFs celebrating big birthdays together at WDW!
F and W is a great idea...
looking forward to hearing more as plans develop:woohoo:

goodferry
08-15-2012, 07:16 AM
I think I would choose BCV because you will be going during Food and Wine, it will make it easy for you to get to Epcot every evening if you want! I don't think you will want to go with a Value resort simply because there will be so many more people and definitely no quiet pools :) I love BLT and AKL, but I really feel like either BCV or BWV would fit your trip better.