PDA

View Full Version : AOA bar looking for Pictures.

RMAMom
08-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Does anyone have pictures of the bar and info regarding the bar it seems that all of the AOA threads exclude this information.
Is it like the other value bars? What is the drink menu? Is there any snacks.

Thanks for any info and pictures you can share.

PrincessShanShan
08-10-2012, 06:45 PM
We stayed at AoA last week. One evening we were doing laundry, so we sat at the bar while waiting. I don't drink alcohol (don't have a problem with it, I just don't like the way it tastes) so I can't tell you anything about the alcoholic drinks. They do have iced coffees and they were great! They also had milk, water, soft drinks, etc. There are also all kinds of food options there. Alot of what you find in the grab and go section of the food court is available at the pool bar. They have wraps, crab cakes (expensive, but great), sandwiches, etc. Also, you can't get hotdogs at the food court, but they do sell them at the pool bar. They also have chips, cookies, candies, etc. in addition to food items.

goofyintoronto
08-10-2012, 07:08 PM
We stayed at AoA last week. One evening we were doing laundry, so we sat at the bar while waiting. I don't drink alcohol (don't have a problem with it, I just don't like the way it tastes) so I can't tell you anything about the alcoholic drinks. They do have iced coffees and they were great! They also had milk, water, soft drinks, etc. There are also all kinds of food options there. Alot of what you find in the grab and go section of the food court is available at the pool bar. They have wraps, crab cakes (expensive, but great), sandwiches, etc. Also, you can't get hotdogs at the food court, but they do sell them at the pool bar. They also have chips, cookies, candies, etc. in addition to food items.

wow! Amazing. Now I really gotta stay there next year!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

RMAMom
08-10-2012, 07:08 PM
That sounds very different from the other values, thank you for posting the info.

jkbd03
08-10-2012, 07:24 PM

OMG I did not know this when we were there in June. I made all of us go to MK to get my hot dog fix. They really should have had this in the check in paperwork. All I thought was that it was for drinks only.

PrincessShanShan
08-10-2012, 11:35 PM
My sister is a TA and talked to food court manager about some things. She's the one who told us about the hotdogs, or we would have never known. She did tell us they don't plan to offer hotdogs or chicken nuggets in the foodcourt (and as of now, you can't get nuggets at the pool bar either). They want to keep it a little more upscale than the other values. Also our trip was the first day of many of the grab and go items. I had a crab cake "platter" with three small crab cakes, slaw, three little cookies, and some fruit. My sister got a wrap. They were also offering these at the pool bar. The manager told us they were still adding new things and just so happens, we were the first to try these items (both great, but the crab cakes were expensive--$14.99). I don't usually go to the pool bars, so I don't know what they are like at the other resorts, but this one was very nice.

The bartender who waited on us was extremely friendly. I don't remember his name, but he also works at Fulton's. He told us about some of the items they had at the bar. I'm pretty sure I remember him saying they had sushi also, but I can't remember for sure. Anyway, it was a great place to spend time waiting on laundry to finish!!