PDA

View Full Version : Reservation problem!

Tygerlilly
08-10-2012, 11:08 AM
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but I've got kinda a big problem with my reservation.

I started a new job and there was a lag in pay. In any case, in the chaos of moving and trying to get on a new pay schedule, I'm just barely $500 short on paying my reservation off by Monday.

Have any of you ever had this problem? Can Disney do any kind of grace period? I'd really only need maybe a week. Or am I totally screwed?

mickeynut1
08-10-2012, 11:24 AM
If your package isn't paid in full 45 days prior to arrival, Disney will most likely send you an email stating the balance is past due. I don't think reservations cancel due to non payment until around 30 days prior to arrival, so there is a little grace period in there prior to cancellation. But with that said, I would call Disney today and explain the situation and have it noted on your account and then pay it as soon as you can. Good luck.

poohbear13
08-10-2012, 12:26 PM
i think you will be ok... just call them. good luck pixiedust:

minnie mum
08-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Couldn't you just put the balance owing on a credit card and then pay off the credit card on payday?

mousejunkie98
08-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Call them, they'll work with you! Reservations don't auto-cancel until the 30-day mark as mentioned. They want you to come, they'll work with you on extending your deadline!

Tygerlilly
08-10-2012, 06:24 PM
That's good news! Whew!

I don't have and can't get a cc. Bad decisions as a teen and now I have bad credit. I'll call tomorrow morning for sure.

tinkerbella16
08-10-2012, 10:02 PM
As others have mentioned, you should definitely be fine to pay it a week or so later. This happens to many people and they have always gotten more time. Just let them know before Monday though.

MinniesYooHoo
08-10-2012, 10:20 PM
I have been in a similar scenario before. But for me all I could do was claim a "blond moment"! I absolutely FORGOT when my 45 day mark was! (I know. Who does that right? ME.) Well I called Disney and they didn't even bat an eye. She said " No problem. I'll just make a note on your reservation and no one will bother you." What a relief. I paid it the following payday which was 6 days after the phone call. I never got an email though. Weird. Don't stress. Just call them and let them know.:goodvibes