PDA

View Full Version : Best 2BR Villa Room Numbers at BLT

jamioday001
08-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Hi,
In case I get a choice of room numbers or can request one, let me know what your ideal room numbers/locations are. We will be trying for a 2 BR Villa at BLT, in June 2013. Thank you! :earsboy:

madelyn
08-10-2012, 08:40 AM
There's a whole thread that lists room numbers and views. Is your room type standard, lake view or magic kingdom view? Also is it a dedicated 2 bedroom or lock off. You should find all the info you need in this thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

jamioday001
08-10-2012, 08:50 AM
We haven't booked yet, are looking into renting points at David's, so just want to know in case there's a choice of rooms (no idea if we'll have a huge choice or any choice at all yet!). Thank you.

vicki_c
08-10-2012, 11:06 AM
We haven't booked yet, are looking into renting points at David's, so just want to know in case there's a choice of rooms (no idea if we'll have a huge choice or any choice at all yet!). Thank you.

It works like all Disney reservations. You can make a request for something in particular, but it's just a request. So I wouldn't call that a choice.

madelyn
08-10-2012, 11:18 AM
If you are renting DVC points, you will be restricted to the category your reservation is in (standard view, lakeview, Magic Kingdom view). So unless something is wrong w/ the room you were assigned to and it cannot have occupants, there is no such thing as a "pixie dust" upgrade at check-in, unlike the possibility of one if a room is booked through cash. So if a particular type of view is important to you, be sure to book it. And BLT is pretty hard to get so make sure you have everything in place 11 months beforehand. Ohhh...just noticed that your 11 month window has passed. For a June date it will be harder to get a room at BLT the closer you get to the date. Owners at BLT can book at the 11 month window and non-owners at 7 months. So the quicker you get your reservation made the better. The first half of June might be easier to get than the last half. So you would have to get David's to make your reservation and give him a priority (which view type you would prefer, dedicated 2 bedroom or not) and he can try to get what you want. The standard view will cost less, lakeview a bit more and Magic Kingdom the priciest. It is probably easiest to get a lakeview. You then would have David place the room request on your reservation - close to the elevator, upper floor, odd room number, etc. But the sooner you get your reservation made, the better.Once November hits, all DVC owners will be able to book a June reservation at BLT so the choices will be much less or maybe nothing will be available.

cvjw
08-10-2012, 02:53 PM
We've booked 4 villas at BLT so far, and never been given a choice of rooms at check-in. When you check in, they just tell you what villa you have been assigned - if it is ready. Of our 4 stays, our request has only been met once - BLT is full almost all of the time. Keep in mind that to be assigned the room you requested, someone has to be checking out the same day you are checking in.

jamioday001
08-10-2012, 03:58 PM
so....I can't book, as a nonmember, until 7 months out? It's too soon? Confused.
Oh, and I realize there is not a 'choice' necessarily...just wondered if there were certain room numbers (odd/even, close to elevator or not, etc.) I could 'request', hopefully. thanks!

vicki_c
08-10-2012, 04:28 PM
so....I can't book, as a nonmember, until 7 months out? It's too soon? Confused.
Oh, and I realize there is not a 'choice' necessarily...just wondered if there were certain room numbers (odd/even, close to elevator or not, etc.) I could 'request', hopefully. thanks!

You can't book yourself EVER. David's service can book for you at 11 months out, if he has a member with points available for that resort at that time.

Requesting a room number anywhere at Disney is really your least preferred option. If that room is unavailable, they will just stick you anywhere. You are better to make your request for the feature(s) you want - high floor, low floor, near elevator). That stands a much greater chance of success.

jamioday001
08-10-2012, 04:49 PM
I already understood that I won't be booking "ever" through DVC Rentals and David will.
What I was asking about was this statement...."Owners at BLT can book at the 11 month window and non-owners at 7 months. " I thought you meant that since I was a non-owner, I could not utilize the booking service until 7 month window.
Thanks.

Missytara
08-10-2012, 05:27 PM
I already understood that I won't be booking "ever" through DVC Rentals and David will.
What I was asking about was this statement...."Owners at BLT can book at the 11 month window and non-owners at 7 months. " I thought you meant that since I was a non-owner, I could not utilize the booking service until 7 month window.
Thanks.

If you are booking through an owner, you can book at 11 months out; if you are not booking through an owner and say just a cash ressie, you can only book 7 months out.

BLT books very fast, so the soonest you can book through an owner, the better.

jamioday001
08-10-2012, 10:10 PM
thanks so much!

Missyrose
08-10-2012, 10:16 PM
If you are booking through an owner, you can book at 11 months out; if you are not booking through an owner and say just a cash ressie, you can only book 7 months out.

BLT books very fast, so the soonest you can book through an owner, the better.

Actually just to tweak this a bit:
If you're renting points, you can book BLT 11 months out if the person you're renting from owns at BLT.

If the person you're renting from owns at abother DVC resort, then they would be able to book you at BLT at 7 months out.

If you're planning to book a cash reservation through CRO, Disney typically releases the DVC villas 9-10 months out, but a two-bedroom will be very, VERY pricey through Disney. :scared1:

Missytara
08-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Actually just to tweak this a bit:
If you're renting points, you can book BLT 11 months out if the person you're renting from owns at BLT.

If the person you're renting from owns at abother DVC resort, then they would be able to book you at BLT at 7 months out.

If you're planning to book a cash reservation through CRO, Disney typically releases the DVC villas 9-10 months out, but a two-bedroom will be very, VERY pricey through Disney. :scared1:

Oops. Forgot about that option! Sometimes I try to answer many posts, and do not do the detail I wish I had. One of my co-workers offered to sell me his points one year, and explained if I wanted to go anywhere else, except BLT, I would have the 7 month option.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Magic3forme
08-11-2012, 02:07 PM
We stayed at BLT at a 2br the first time we stayed there. ( MK view.) our only request was above the monorail.

We had the 8th floor and the room was awesome!!

There is a big difference between the views for points. ( I just checked....).
we normally stay in the Lake view rooms and the few times we went we were able to see MK from our room!!

I dont know how long you are staying there, but it is truly cheaper to rent points if you can from an owner. than paying the rate thru Disney. ( and even cheaper if you are willing to rent through an owner vs Davids.)

jamioday001
08-11-2012, 02:12 PM
yeah, to save a bit of money we may try a lake view 2 br villa, i assume even a standard view 2 br villa couldn't ruin our experience! i've only stayed at value before and at ft. wilderness, so i'm sure any room at blt will be nice. ;)

ElizabethG
08-11-2012, 03:00 PM
yeah, to save a bit of money we may try a lake view 2 br villa, i assume even a standard view 2 br villa couldn't ruin our experience! i've only stayed at value before and at ft. wilderness, so i'm sure any room at blt will be nice. ;)

Your best be is to go through the thread linked by the first poster. Most of the rooms at BLT are lake view. Standard view rooms are the bottom couple of floors. So, there are some MK view rooms that will be directly above standard view rooms. You should decide if you want dedicated or lock-off as your first choice. Those are actually booked, not requested. Once you have decided on a booking category, then you can think about requests. Look at the BLT thread and check out the view pictures and reviews. You can zone in on a preferred position in the resort. It is a really nice resort. I think you'll be fine with anything.