PDA

View Full Version : Room requests AKV Kidani

jrw118
08-10-2012, 08:03 AM
We will be arriving in 13 days :cool1: I am looking at the map and thoroughly confused...We have a savanna studio booked and would really love to be close to the lobby and the pool. What should I request? Is there a specific building number, or code?
Thanks

magicaldisney
08-10-2012, 08:11 AM
You can no longer request "close to lobby", but I believe you can still request "close to pool".

jimandami
08-10-2012, 08:12 AM
I am not sure about specific numbers (maybe check the DVC resorts board), but I would simply request a room close to the main lobby/elevators. To get to the pool, you have to go out the main lobby and walk down the sidewalk so that should serve both your needs. Plus, those hallways at Kidani are LONG and I would definitely not want to be all the way at the end.

madelyn
08-10-2012, 08:22 AM
You can no longer request "close to the lobby"! What about "lobby level"? The pool over at Kidani was not that close to the hotel (last stay was in 2010 so trying to remember). I think there was a parking area between the building/pool area. It is possible to go through the lobby and out to the pool area but I think the closer way was sorta out through the parking garage. I think we could see the pool from our room but it was still sorta a long distance.

magicaldisney
08-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Does this help to remember the layout?

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/Lunow/dvc%20AKV/Kindani_Village_Map.jpg

madelyn
08-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Yes, it does help to see the layout! I do recall that gray parking area in front of the pool. My requests for our two stays at Kidani have been "lobby level, close to the lobby". I think both times we were in that second section of rooms near the lobby in front of the pool. Even though we were physically about as close to the pool as you can get, the access did not seem that easy. For sure not as close to the pool as you can get at Jambo House.