PDA

View Full Version : pirate cruise??

mrsswat
08-09-2012, 03:51 PM
not sure where to post this but wanted to know if anyone knows if they still offer the pirate cruise and where does it sail from. Last time I saw it it was sailing from the Contemporary. How can I get info/book? Thanks:)

smitch425
08-09-2012, 03:54 PM
not sure where to post this but wanted to know if anyone knows if they still offer the pirate cruise and where does it sail from. Last time I saw it it was sailing from the Contemporary. How can I get info/book? Thanks:)

Are you referring to the shorter kids only snack cruise or the Pirates and Pals Wishes viewing cruise? If it is the latter, it sails from the Contemporary on select nights. I forget the exact pricing, but we are booked the night of Nov. 2 and two adults and two kids was right at $180.

disney516
08-09-2012, 03:59 PM
They still have the pirates cruise. They have the albatross treasure cruise that leaves from the yacht and beach club, the pirate adventure which leaves from the grand Floridian, the island of the Caribbean pirate cruise that leaves from Caribbean beach, and the bayou pirate cruise from port orleans riverside. Each of these have special days of the week but they all begin at 9:30 a.m. These cruises are for kids 4-12 and cost 31.95 and last two hours.

There is also a pirate and pals fireworks voyage. The cost is 53.99 for guests 10+ and 30.99 for kids under 10. This is the one that begins at the contemporary. It's is 1-3 hours long and includes firework viewing, captain hook, mr smee, and storytelling.

smitch425
08-09-2012, 04:01 PM
The number to book any of the pirate cruises is 1(407)WDW-PLAY

shocker
08-10-2012, 12:53 AM
They still have the pirates cruise. They have the albatross treasure cruise that leaves from the yacht and beach club, the pirate adventure which leaves from the grand Floridian, the island of the Caribbean pirate cruise that leaves from Caribbean beach, and the bayou pirate cruise from port orleans riverside. Each of these have special days of the week but they all begin at 9:30 a.m. These cruises are for kids 4-12 and cost 31.95 and last two hours.

There is also a pirate and pals fireworks voyage. The cost is 53.99 for guests 10+ and 30.99 for kids under 10. This is the one that begins at the contemporary. It's is 1-3 hours long and includes firework viewing, captain hook, mr smee, and storytelling.

Wow, I've been keeping my eye on the pirates cruise for our next trip when DS is 10. I never hear much about it so I too start to think it's disappeared. Little did I know there were SO many of them, options are good. I only knew of the one from GF.

disney516
08-10-2012, 01:08 AM
Wow, I've been keeping my eye on the pirates cruise for our next trip when DS is 10. I never hear much about it so I too start to think it's disappeared. Little did I know there were SO many of them, options are good. I only knew of the one from GF.

I was shocked when I saw all of the options too, but I'm sure your Disney son will love this experience. Also, a good idea to make the experience even better is to become at a pirate at the pirate league in adventure land at the magic kingdom! However, if you did this you would probably have to stick with the pirate fireworks cruise because I don't know if the pirates league is open early enough to be done by a 9:30 a.m. departure for the other pirate cruises.

shocker
08-10-2012, 01:21 AM
I was shocked when I saw all of the options too, but I'm sure your Disney son will love this experience. Also, a good idea to make the experience even better is to become at a pirate at the pirate league in adventure land at the magic kingdom! However, if you did this you would probably have to stick with the pirate fireworks cruise because I don't know if the pirates league is open early enough to be done by a 9:30 a.m. departure for the other pirate cruises.

Yes, I have looked at this too! But, admittedly, I'm all about the Disney knock-off. I totally did my own BBB for DD (even had an outfit sewn by hand for her), it was totally affordable that way. It's only fair that I should knock-off the Pirate League for DS ;). I see no reason why I couldn't have him "pirated" in time for the sailing. When I go to this much effort, I usually do it again for a character meal or 2 also.

disney516
08-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Yes, I have looked at this too! But, admittedly, I'm all about the Disney knock-off. I totally did my own BBB for DD (even had an outfit sewn by hand for her), it was totally affordable that way. It's only fair that I should knock-off the Pirate League for DS ;). I see no reason why I couldn't have him "pirated" in time for the sailing. When I go to this much effort, I usually do it again for a character meal or 2 also.

Awesome! That's definitely dedication :D

mrsswat
08-10-2012, 03:49 PM
was able to book the one from the GF as we are staying at the POLY - and with only 10 days out! Maybe not too busy in August:confused3 Works for us:thumbsup2

disney516
08-10-2012, 03:55 PM
was able to book the one from the GF as we are staying at the POLY - and with only 10 days out! Maybe not too busy in August:confused3 Works for us:thumbsup2

My guess is either since there are so many options and days of operation that they don't get busy or people just don't know Disney still offers these, but whose complaining! Haha