PDA

View Full Version : Narrowing down which 2 BR Villa to choose.

jamioday001
08-09-2012, 03:48 PM
We think we have narrowed things down to renting points towards a 2 bedroom villa. It is the space that is ideal for us (2 adults, 5 children ages 5 months to 9 years) and we'd love to have a relaxing vacation.

-We love the idea of BLT, being so close to the Magic Kingdom, which is perfect for our family right now. What do you feel like would come in next as top choices for us? We will be using one stroller and would like bus service to be no stops if possible.

-Also, is there a way to easily compare each villa picture side by side? Where do you recommend viewing photos easily?

Thanks as usual for the awesome help!! :thumbsup2

Reddog1134
08-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Allears.net has a lot of pictures of the villas.

BLT is great for access to MK and afternoon breaks.
OKW has the biggest rooms and lowest points cost.
AKV has the savannas with animals.

mkoerner
08-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Not sharing busses with another resort limits your choices to SSR, and OKW. That being said, both of those have multiple stops within the resorts. BLT has location going for it when visiting MK, but traveling to EPCOT can be a hassle, even on the monorail because you have to transfer at TTC. It also shares busses with CR and at least 1 other resort. When we stayed there, busses were always packed. My understanding is the villas at OKW are the largest of all, and you can request a villa near hospitality house at no extra charge, which makes it close to most things. Fewer points are also needed when staying at SSR or OKW. BLT has a very high point requirement in comparison. Good luck with your choice.

Missyrose
08-09-2012, 04:09 PM
My understanding is the villas at OKW are the largest of all, and you can request a villa near hospitality house at no extra charge, which makes it close to most things.

OKW's "near hospitality house" is a booking category, not a request. If you go that route, make sure the owner you're renting from books that category, otherwise, you'll be out of luck.

chalee94
08-09-2012, 04:12 PM
life's full of tradeoffs...

BLT and AKV-kidani 2BRs include 3 bathrooms. so that's nice.

BLT, AKV-kidani and OKW 2BRs have an extra sleeper chair.

OKW's 2BRs are the largest overall.

for young kids, BLT and VWL are the closest to the MK. BLT is within walking distance and VWL has a boat.

BCV and BWV are close to epcot and a long walk or boat ride from hollywood studios.

AKV is a long way from the MK but it has giraffes and zebras on the grounds.

msp2mco
08-09-2012, 09:06 PM
You have gotten a lot of good advice here. Just try to start the rental process ideally at least 7 months before your trip in order to secure the resort and room type that you want. If you wait until 2 or 3 months before your trip, it is hard to get a reservation.

spiceycat
08-09-2012, 09:21 PM
What do you feel like would come in next as top choices for us? We will be using one stroller and would like bus service to be no stops if possible.

-Also, is there a way to easily compare each villa picture side by side? Where do you recommend viewing photos easily?

Thanks as usual for the awesome help!! :thumbsup2

there is no DVC resort with no stops. AKV has the least only it (kidani) and AKL (jambo house) - but it is the furthest from the MK.

BLT has the Mk which you can walk too and Epcot which you monorail to (the monorail is in CR)

both BWV and BCV are walking or boating distance to Epcot and Studios (DHS).

so probabably BCV - it has the best pools and it about 5 minutes to Epcot.

you can see the outside of the villa here = well was going to recommend another site on this board - but it looks like they did away with most of the DVC resorts

so instead here is one
http://allears.net/acc/dvc.htm

jamioday001
08-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Wow, thanks alll such great advice and detailed tips. I really appreciate you guys helping me clarify! We're not going until June 2013, but I still want to try to do the points rental soon. It's our first time to try this out, so we're being cautious. :) Thanks again!

nolanboys
08-09-2012, 11:10 PM
You are right that BLT is a great choice for you. I'm sure you will be spending a ton of time at MK. As others pointed out, OKW is another great choice. The villa is huge and you get a full size washer/dryer. If you are able to book the HH category, you will be near the main pool, which is great, and also has a playground, basketball court, tennis court and community hall with games right there. OKW is actually one of our boys favorites to relax at.

brockash
08-10-2012, 12:54 AM
I'd def. do BLT in your situation. We stayed in a 2 bedroom there last year and it was wonderful. For me, any time I have a stroller, I would always pick a resort on the monorail, and BLT is the only villa. You won't have to worry about unpacking, folding up and getting the kids out of the stroller on your MK days or Epcot days...that will help considerably. BLT 2 bedrooms also have 3 bathrooms which is a nice perk unlike most 2 bedroom villas. We're staying in a 2 bedroom at BLT again in just a few weeks, and we can't wait.

We would like to stay at Beach Club sometime -the pool looks awesome, but we'll probably wait to do that when our kids are older, no strollers, able to more freely enjoy the water etc.

jamioday001
08-10-2012, 09:18 AM
That's exciting! Have a great time! Now I'll have to start researching which room numbers are the best 2 BR villas at BLT! ;)

Deb & Bill
08-10-2012, 01:49 PM
That's exciting! Have a great time! Now I'll have to start researching which room numbers are the best 2 BR villas at BLT! ;)

You won't want to do a room request based on room numbers. If that room isn't available, the room scheduler will have no idea what you want. They might not even allow you to do a request based on a room number. Just go for generalities. And find a member to rent from if that is what you plan to do.

jamioday001
08-10-2012, 05:01 PM
right....not specific room numbers but qualities of the room locations, i guess i should say. thanks.

Deb & Bill
08-10-2012, 06:32 PM
right....not specific room numbers but qualities of the room locations, i guess i should say. thanks.

Correct. High floor, low floor. Near elevator, near stairwell. Water view.

haleofafamily
08-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Besides transportation there are a lot of other things to consider about the DVC properties. We have stayed at all of them except BLT and have loved them.

If pools are a big deal to your family then BCV and AKV have the best in our opinion.

Also the transport from BLT and Epcot is not easy with a stroller. I took my girls from Epcot to MK using the monorail in an umbrella type double stroller and was exhausted from going up and down the winding ramps. Another issue with the strollers and monorail is that to get on the monorail is not smooth so the strollers have to be tipped to get on and off. Does that make sense?

I don't want to discourage you from BLT. I'm sure you will love it. It is on our list to try :) But multiple bus stops and the winding monorail ramps can be annoying if transportation to other parks besides MK is important to you.