PDA

View Full Version : Hair Wrapping done at hotels?

sherrix3
08-09-2012, 01:43 PM
I have heard this is done at hotels. we are going to be staying at Pop and was wondering if anyone knows how much they charge do this and how long it lasts? Does anyone have photos of it so i can show my DD?
Thanks!

Dopey420
08-09-2012, 01:55 PM
I can't remember the price exactly but I think it is around $15/inch. Very expensive. That price goes up if you add any decorations to the braid. It takes a while to do (which is why it is so expensive i'm sure.)

If my daughter were to want to do this again, I would have it done at home.

julieanddanny
08-09-2012, 02:03 PM
I can't remember the price exactly but I think it is around $15/inch. Very expensive. That price goes up if you add any decorations to the braid. It takes a while to do (which is why it is so expensive i'm sure.)

We got one at crb in feb. it was $2 per inch plus beads, it adds up fast though. Dd has one about 12 inches and it was $35 with simple beads at the bottom. Some beads were $4 alone!
It lasted a long time - like 3 months

smitch425
08-09-2012, 02:07 PM

$15 an inch???:rotfl:

DD was thinking about doing it this year. Her hair is probably 14-16 inches long. Hmmm... 16 x $15= $240. :eek:

:rotfl:

I think it is around $2 an inch. I hope so anyway! :goodvibes

KELLY
08-09-2012, 03:20 PM
$15 an inch???:rotfl:

DD was thinking about doing it this year. Her hair is probably 14-16 inches long. Hmmm... 16 x $15= $240. :eek:

:rotfl:

I think it is around $2 an inch. I hope so anyway! :goodvibes

It was. LOL. Riley has super long hair it was around 50.00. She had a rainbow one done. My younger dd was only 28.00. I let them each pick out one special bead. It lasted about 2 months.

chocovrdmicears
08-09-2012, 06:23 PM
It is definately not $15 an inch - but it isn't inexpensive either. I can't remember the specifics..but my DD has shoulder length hair..by the time she chose the color scheme (blue and black) and beads, I think it cost us about $35- $40. Like the pp said, it lasted a couple of months..the only bad side was the only way we could get eventually it out was to cut it out, so she had a little bit of hair that took quite a while to grow out. It didn't bother her at all and wants to get another one on our next trip.

sherrix3
08-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Wow..this could get expensive.:( My DD has very curly hair..do u think it would work out okay with curly hair?? I know she would love this. Do u know if you can use disney gift cards to pay for it? I know she has gotten alot of GC's from people since we have booked our vacation...so this would be great if i could use them to pay for it.:)

Mom2HandR
08-09-2012, 07:55 PM
I know they did it at Riverside when we stayed there. I thought they only took cash but I could be wrong.

ktsupp
08-13-2012, 09:26 AM
We had ours done at Riverside and you could pay with gift cards. You have to pay at the office next to the boat dock. My daughters has lasted 6 months so far, just depends on how well she takes care of it.

mag73
08-13-2012, 09:51 AM
I have heard this is done at hotels. we are going to be staying at Pop and was wondering if anyone knows how much they charge do this and how long it lasts? Does anyone have photos of it so i can show my DD?
Thanks!

My DD used to get it done at the Poly, her hair was quite long and it cost us around 60 with the beads. The longest time she had it in was probably 4 months. The colors stayed vibrant and it look nice until my son pulled it out and morning :rotfl2: (she was not happy). I guess it will stay longer if you are careful how you brush her hair, and if she pulls on it.:goodvibes

MomToPirate&Princess
08-13-2012, 10:39 AM
My DD8's hair is below her shoulders. She had her hair wrapped at AK in 2010, POP in 2011, and POR in 2012. Each time it was $2/inch plus beads. Hers totalled around $30 each time. We always get hers done right behind the ear instead of from the top. It takes several inches off the overall total and for us it works better for day to day wear than over the top. We have taken hers out after 4 months each time. She loves having her hair done and chooses that for part of her souvenir money each trip.

guyver71
08-13-2012, 10:43 AM
we had my daughters done in Nov 2011 and be aware the only way we could get it out was to cut it out..though it did look fab while it was in :)