PDA

View Full Version : What was your shopping list for Garden Grocer or other service?

Claudine877
08-09-2012, 01:05 PM
What was your shopping list for Garden Grocer for a week's stay at the world? We're not on the dining plan and are staying at an AoA suite so I was wondering what a typical shopping list contains? Other than soda/water of course! I already know that I'll need a small bag of PullUps but want to ensure I don't miss something obvious. Thanks! :confused:

kddisney502
08-09-2012, 01:19 PM
We only planned to eat breakfasts in our room. So we got milk, cereal, fruit (apples & bannanas), bagels, peanut butter/creme cheese, juice, yogurt and hard boiled eggs. We also got paper bowls, paper towels, and plastic utensils.

Your suite will have a microwave (our room didn't), so you could also get items like precooked sausage or breakfast sandwiches. You could also get raw eggs (cheaper than precooked hard boiled), and either poach or scramble them in the microwave

buffalogirl
08-09-2012, 01:39 PM
We haven't been to WDW since 2008, so maybe this has changed :confused3, but the resorts provided bar soap to wash your hands. Our shopping list always included liquid hand soap.

We also ordered a couple boxes of cereal that could also be used for a snack. We brought ziploc bags with Cheerios and Golden Grahams to the park with us. That way we always had a somewhat healthy snack readily available. (Of course we still enjoyed our Mickey Ice Cream Bars each day :mickeybar)

tsme
08-09-2012, 01:50 PM
We usually order snack type foods. Chips, candy, cookies, WATER, etc. It all depends on what you'll need. We don't eat breakfast or any meal in our room so we don't need those types of food. We just need drinks & snacks. I also try to get snacks that won't melt so we can bring them into the parks.

CarpeDisney
08-09-2012, 01:59 PM
We use Garden Grocer primarily for drinks, on-the-go breakfast foods, and snacks when we're in the room (and don't feel like hoofing it to the gift shops for purchasing random items).

Drinks: Water, Gatorade, Juice Boxes, Milk
Food and Snacks: Bagels, Cream Cheese, Granola Bars, cereal bars, pretzels, hummus, tortilla chips, and salsa

njmom47
08-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Ahh. I finally found my list.
Bread (wheat and white) and Goober (PB and J in one)
Bananas
Case of water and case of gatorade
Cereal and milk
Pretzels
Deli ham and cheese
Mini bagels and cream cheese
Yogurt

beccasmom
08-12-2012, 07:04 PM
24-pack of bottled water, 2-liter bottles of Coke and Sprite, 2 6-packs of beer, snacks (pretzels, chips, cookies), milk, eggs, cereal, donuts, bagels, cheese, bread, Gatorade, frozen pizza.

shdoss23
08-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Definitely water, pop and juice. Also got things for breakfast (cereal, etc.) and ingredients to make sandwiches. Dont' forget the ziplock baggies, though, so you have something to put everything in. I was really happy with Garden Grocer - brought our groceries to our place while we were out and they put everything away. Great service!

deadhedjen
08-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Here's our wegoshop order for this week:

8 boxes Capri Sun (10 pack) stick with cherry, orange, grape,
fruit punch, kiwi-strawberry.
1 case (24 cans) Yuengling Lager 12oz cans
1 12pk Dasani water 16.9oz
1 12pk Michelob Ultra 12oz cans
4 pool noodles, any color
1-750ml bottle Malibu coconut rum
1-750ml bottle Meyers's Original Dark Rum
2-6pk cans Dole pineapple juice, 6oz ea
1-12oz bottle Rose's Grenadine
:dance3:

fitgirl36
08-12-2012, 07:55 PM
For our week stay our GG order was:

1 pack diapers
1 container wipes
4-2 packs of gerber vegetables
1-6 pack sprite bottles
1-6 pack diet Pepsi
2-6 packs of Propel
1 can of Pringles
1 bag of doritos
1 package Keebler deluxe Grahams
1 bag of M&Ms
2 single serves of Cheerios

PoohsFan1
08-12-2012, 08:05 PM
When we have Garden Grocer deliver food to us, we will be staying at BLT in a Studio villa. We will be having them send water, pop, milk, some breakfast items like donuts and pop-tarts (something easy for us to pop in our mouths while we are getting ready for the parks), and some Nilla Wafers for snacking (we all just love those little cookies :goodvibes). We aren't going crazy with food items since we are on the DDP so we will be eating out of the room a lot.

MrEVILdrPorkchop2u
08-12-2012, 08:25 PM
This trip is the first year we may use them. We have decided to take our new car because we get incredible gas mileage instead of our gas guzzler SUV. Space will be very limited since we will be taking DS best friend too. We usually take breakfast stuff, snacks, drinks, and a case of water. There will be no spare room at all. When using them, is there a certain amount you have to spend? How are prices in compaison to going tomthe store? It would be easy for us to hit up the store if it is extra expensive. Thanks for the help!

judypriv
08-14-2012, 10:20 AM
last January was the first year we used them. It was so much better then packing all that crap. I got the diapers and wipes (which was a huge help). Cheerios, milk for the baby, almond milk for us, water, uncrustables for picky eaters, fruit bowls for the baby and small snacks for the evening.

mamataco
08-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Just got back from WDW ASMov great experience with GardenGrocer!!! We got PowerAde, yogurt, apple slices, milk, bread, chips, chex mix, water, donuts. But our room fridge was junk and food was room temp 2 days in a row. Engineer had to replace fridge and give credit on bill for list food. Loved Garden Grocer service!

disneydee6
08-15-2012, 02:33 PM
Most have said what food items I would suggest. Breakfast items (cereal, milk), snacks to bring to the parks (granola bars, nabisco snack paks), water, soda, etc, and snacks for the room (cheese, crackers, pretzels).
For myself, I also bought starbucks espresso shots. I have my coffee in the morning, then just before leaving for the parks, I would throw one in my bag and have on the bus or in the park. Gave me that caffeine fix I need to get through the day. They are a little pricey, but for me, worth EVERY PENNY!

staceyatdisney
08-15-2012, 05:30 PM
We eat breakfast in our room so an assortment of breakfast foods like cereal, milk, OJ, bagels yogurt drink etc. We also buy the items required to eat like paper plates, bowels, spoons, forks and napkins. We also buy a Styrofoam cooler and a couple cases of water. We drink water constantly while in the room so we keep as many bottles of water on ice as possible. GG has been excellent for us.