PDA

View Full Version : I'm at AofA right now, any quick questions?

Ziggie
08-09-2012, 08:42 AM
We've been here for 4 days so far and while the staff is super wonderful and attentive, I feel we'll be returning to our usual villa accommodations for our next trip (this coming December).

If you have any general questions that I might be able to answer, I'll be happy to help. (We're leaving soon to go to the pool, but I'll be sure to check replies later today).

:goodvibes

mzozzietj
08-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Hope you're having a wonderful time!

Ziggie
08-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Hope you're having a wonderful time!

Thanks mzozzietj! :goodvibes

*Fantasia*
08-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Are you in the suites or LM? Do you find the beds comfortable? What do you like or don't like about AoA? Given another change to stay here, would you stay at AoA again? Thanks in advance! Enjoy the rest of your stay at Disney!!

CrabbyPatty
08-09-2012, 09:39 AM
What's the food court like? For a CS meal. can you get some of the coffee drinks as a beverage (iced latte, etc.) Have you walked over to Pop - if so, about how long did it take you to walk? THANKS!

bdoyledimou
08-09-2012, 09:59 AM
going to be there in 15 days -- :cool1: looking forward to seeing your repsonse.

Claudine877
08-09-2012, 10:29 AM
I have some general questions: we're a party of 6.
Where do you hang 6 wet swimsuits to dry? Just the shower-rod?
Is there a tablecloth for the table?
Is there a closed trashcan for food items as this is an efficiency with a kitchenette?
Is there enough drawer storage for 6 people's clothes?
What was the most efficient way to get new towels since they want you to take the room ones to the pool?
What are the TV channels? Is Disney Junior available?
On average in the AM, how long does it take for the bus to get to MK?
What were your thoughts on the new 'playground' in LK? Many posters dissatisfied as it isn't truly a playground area.

thanks!!!popcorn::

princesshope1982
08-09-2012, 10:31 AM
bus times.

if you could let us know the time it takes for it to come and get to parks etc. that is my biggest concern
and dd wants to know if the nemo pool is "totally awesome"

thank you

Crazy Kanga
08-09-2012, 11:15 AM
Please post lots of pics!

Fokus17
08-09-2012, 11:24 AM
How is the bed situation for adults? Is it hard for two to sleep on the inova or couch bed?

summerw
08-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Yes please tell us more about the beds. Is the queen soft or firm? Would you consider putting your mom on the table bed?

AWilliams
08-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Is there a DVD player for both/either of the TVs?

Hope you have a great trip!! Amy

allyphoe
08-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Does the kids' Chicken Platter come with naan, or just rice? Sauce, or just plain / dry chicken?

Zim
08-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Subbing - very interested in all the questions asked!

Are all the photo ops around the hotel as cool as the ads make them appear??

sadiras
08-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Do the the hot dogs in the food court have natural casing, artificial casing or skinless?

Thanks. Enjoy your stay.

dansdad
08-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Wow, the OP is going to be busy answering all these. :rotfl:

sadiras
08-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Wow, the OP is going to be busy anwering all these. :rotfl:

LOL

I'm interested in knowing if they would let their mother sleep on the table bed!

klwdisney
08-09-2012, 01:41 PM
I was wondering about the different sleeping areas. We're looking at different resorts for next year. We are 3 adults and 1 child and none of us want to share a bed. Is there a sleeper sofa AND a sleeper chair in the living room? How comfortable (and what size) is the table bed? Are there 2 bathrooms, each with their own shower?

Thanks and enjoy your trip!!!!

stitchlovestink
08-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Are you in the suites or LM? Do you find the beds comfortable? What do you like or don't like about AoA? Given another change to stay here, would you stay at AoA again? Thanks in advance! Enjoy the rest of your stay at Disney!!

Not OP, but...
LM section doesn't open until Sept...;)
So I know she is not there.

I went over the bridge from POP just a couple of weeks ago to check AoA out and IMO...
YES, There are LOTS of AWESOME Photo Ops around the Resort!! Now two weeks ago, the only sections open were Nemo and Cars. But the Photo Ops there were Fantastic!! :thumbsup2

Ziggie
08-09-2012, 02:32 PM

We are in a "Cars" suite.

The beds do seem to be comfortable enough although the bed in the master bedroom is on the smallish-side. I think it's a queen, but it looks (and feels) small. (this is just my own opinion).

AofA is wonderful for a value resort. You can get the feeling that you're immersed inside a cartoon because the colors are all very rich and saturated. We usually stay in 1 or 2 bedroom villas (we are *not* DVC members) so I prefer the comforts that the villas offer. I also feel, for a family, that the AofA suites are on the expensive side for what they offer. (again, jmo).

Would I stay here again? Perhaps in the far distant future.

Ziggie
08-09-2012, 02:35 PM
What's the food court like? For a CS meal. can you get some of the coffee drinks as a beverage (iced latte, etc.) Have you walked over to Pop - if so, about how long did it take you to walk? THANKS!

The food here is delicious! Most items are made right in front of you to order. The "pasta your way" is fabulous. Sorry, I don't know about the coffee as there is a coffee maker in the room and we've been using that.

Pop Century is very close by (cross over the bridge). We didn't walk to Pop because we're very familiar with that hotel and we didn't feel the need to revisit it.

You're welcome! :)

Ziggie
08-09-2012, 02:42 PM
I have some general questions: we're a party of 6.
Where do you hang 6 wet swimsuits to dry? Just the shower-rod?
Is there a tablecloth for the table?
Is there a closed trashcan for food items as this is an efficiency with a kitchenette?
Is there enough drawer storage for 6 people's clothes?
What was the most efficient way to get new towels since they want you to take the room ones to the pool?
What are the TV channels? Is Disney Junior available?
On average in the AM, how long does it take for the bus to get to MK?
What were your thoughts on the new 'playground' in LK? Many posters dissatisfied as it isn't truly a playground area.

thanks!!!popcorn::

As I speak, our swimsuits are drying by hanging over the shower stall door. The shower in the master bedroom, by the way, is very, very pretty (imo).

No closed trashcans in this room (Cars suite). There is only a mini-fridge (the kind you see in dorm rooms) with a microwave and coffee maker.

While at the pool, you use your room towels. Then, when you get back to the room, you can call for more.

Disney Jr. is available in the morning (ch. 16).

Sorry, but we don't take buses anywhere (we used to, but just for fun) because we all have our own cars here.

We've only been to the Nemo playground. It's not what I would call a playground either. You must be between 5 and 12 years old to use it. It's only a tube slide (nothing else).

Ziggie
08-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Not OP, but...
LM section doesn't open until Sept...;)
So I know she is not there.

I went over the bridge from POP just a couple of weeks ago to check AoA out and IMO...
YES, There are LOTS of AWESOME Photo Ops around the Resort!! Now two weeks ago, the only sections open were Nemo and Cars. But the Photo Ops there were Fantastic!! :thumbsup2

Lion King is open right now. You can walk in, tour it and see whatever you like. You can stay there starting Aug. 10th.

Ziggie
08-09-2012, 02:47 PM
bus times.

if you could let us know the time it takes for it to come and get to parks etc. that is my biggest concern
and dd wants to know if the nemo pool is "totally awesome"

thank you

As I mentioned above, we don't use the bus system because we all have our own cars. But, when we used to ride them for fun, I remember being told to allow 45 minutes to an hour to get to your destination. And always remember, it's very crowded at closing time.

hehehe.. tell your daughter the Nemo is ALL THAT and then some! It's fabulous! And you can listen to music as you swim underwater :)

Ziggie
08-09-2012, 02:50 PM
How is the bed situation for adults? Is it hard for two to sleep on the inova or couch bed?

Glad you asked this!

The wall bed is definitely for children or young adults. It's relatively small. The hide-a-bed in the living room can comfortably fit 2 average sized adult. If you're tall you might have a problem. Hubby is 6'5" and there's no way he could fit in that bed.

Ziggie
08-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Yes please tell us more about the beds. Is the queen soft or firm? Would you consider putting your mom on the table bed?

The master room bed is smallish. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a queen(?) but it's not very bed.

The table bed is designed for children (it even has a night light). Depending on the size of your mom, she might fit there.

Ziggie
08-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Is there a DVD player for both/either of the TVs?

Hope you have a great trip!! Amy

There are NO dvd players in the suite at all.

Ziggie
08-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Does the kids' Chicken Platter come with naan, or just rice? Sauce, or just plain / dry chicken?

I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer to this. The food at the food court is very good though.

Yes!

Do the the hot dogs in the food court have natural casing, artificial casing or skinless?

Thanks. Enjoy your stay.

I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer to this.

Ziggie
08-09-2012, 03:00 PM
I was wondering about the different sleeping areas. We're looking at different resorts for next year. We are 3 adults and 1 child and none of us want to share a bed. Is there a sleeper sofa AND a sleeper chair in the living room? How comfortable (and what size) is the table bed? Are there 2 bathrooms, each with their own shower?

Thanks and enjoy your trip!!!!

There are only 3 sleeping areas in this entire suite so there is no way you can split that amongst 4 people.

There is a sleeper sofa in the living that will fit 2 average sized adults. There is no sleeper chair. The table bed is on the small side and designed for children. There are 2 bathrooms and the shower in the master bedroom is wonderful.

sadiras
08-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Thank you for taking the time out of your vacation to answer questions.

Ziggie
08-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Thank you for taking the time out of your vacation to answer questions.

My pleasure!

I'm sitting in our suite right now while everyone else gets ready to head over to the Boardwalk. Looking forward to some delicious beer cheese soup :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

disneyred
08-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Is it an easy walk from AoA to POP ?? how long does it take ?

allyphoe
08-09-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer to this. The food at the food court is very good though.

Thanks! (I knew it was kind of a weird question - my kid's favorites are naan and sauce, and I was trying to figure out if I could budget for kid's meals for her.)

allyphoe
08-09-2012, 05:40 PM

I've walked from Pop to the AoA end of the bridge over Hourglass Lake before they opened AoA. The bridge itself is short - it only takes a minute or two to walk over. From one main building where you check in to the other shouldn't take more than about 10 minutes.

stitchlovestink
08-09-2012, 06:02 PM

I was towards the back of bldg 5 of the 60's at POP and it only took less than 5 minutes to get to the Big Blue Pool at AoA. But might I suggest that you not rush over the bridge too quickly!! We saw several turtles swimming around in the water around the bridge when I crossed over! :)

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

JM1226
08-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Thanks for taking the time out of your vacation to answer our questions. My husband is insisting there's room dividers for the table/bed. Can you answer this for me? Also, do you hear much noise at night? DD & I are light sleepers.

allyphoe
08-09-2012, 06:51 PM

No hot dogs on the menu. Standard Disney hot dog is John Morrell.

summerw
08-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Thanks so much for answering all these! I hope I'm not too pesky asking a followup. My mom is short, so I'm not too worried about the size. I was wondering if you think it's comfortable enough for an 60 something to sleep on for 12 nights?

She keeps saying she'll be fine and would prefer the suites, but I keep wondering if I should just get two rooms with her own bed.

goofyintoronto
08-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Sorry but a couple of these questions are bizarre. Lol!

OP can you tell from just how far the LM building is ? Is it really far?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

goofyintoronto
08-09-2012, 09:07 PM

I would like to try out the LM section next yr (just my DS12 & I) but if its too far then forget it. :)

stitchlovestink
08-09-2012, 11:24 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by goofyintoronto

I would like to try out the LM section next yr (just my DS12 & I) but if its too far then forget it.

I'm not the OP, but I was wandering around that resort 2 weeks ago because I too want to stay in the LM section as I don't have a need for a suite and don't desire to spend the extra $ when I don't need the suite. So I thought I'd go and check out the location of the LM section in comparision to the rest of the resort.
IMHO, I think the LM section is further out from the main bldg than the 80's/90"s section at POP. Now this is MY opinion but they are going to be a hike and they are clearly the furtherest bldgs from the food court/bus stop. As much as I would really like to try this resort, it's not looking favorable for me...

LizAgna
08-09-2012, 11:37 PM
How is the cell/text service? We stayed in a Finding Nemo suite for 1 night in early June and hardly had any cell service in the room. We were in a ground floor, corner room so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. We have iPhones with AT&T. I couldn't imagine staying there a week with that cell/text reception. Thanks for answering questions while you are on vacation!!

Ziggie
08-10-2012, 06:20 AM
Thanks for taking the time out of your vacation to answer our questions. My husband is insisting there's room dividers for the table/bed. Can you answer this for me? Also, do you hear much noise at night? DD & I are light sleepers.

There are no room dividers in the table/bed area. The table is the first thing when you enter the room. As for noise, it's relatively quiet in the master bedroom. You can hear some noise if you're sleeping in the main room, but it is muffled due to the rooms being off an interior hallway.

Thanks so much for answering all these! I hope I'm not too pesky asking a followup. My mom is short, so I'm not too worried about the size. I was wondering if you think it's comfortable enough for an 60 something to sleep on for 12 nights?

She keeps saying she'll be fine and would prefer the suites, but I keep wondering if I should just get two rooms with her own bed.

Comfort is a personal thing. Your mom might feel it's fine while others might not. The table/bed is in an open area so there is no privacy.

If you're talking about distance from the main AofA building, LM is far. LM is just like Pop Century, with smaller room and exterior hallways. Most of AofA is built off interior hallways.

How is the cell/text service? We stayed in a Finding Nemo suite for 1 night in early June and hardly had any cell service in the room. We were in a ground floor, corner room so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. We have iPhones with AT&T. I couldn't imagine staying there a week with that cell/text reception. Thanks for answering questions while you are on vacation!!

Wifi service for the following items was very weak (rendering the items mostly useless):

iPhone 4s
android phone
iPad (latest generation)
Nook color
Kindle Fire

Wifi service was excellent and reliable for the following devices:

Dell laptop
High end HP laptop

Most times, we could not get a clear/reliable cell signal. Other times, the signal would come in, but it would be fleeting.

tink15823
08-10-2012, 08:20 AM
Can you tell me if they have a ATM in the lobby?

disneydiva16
08-10-2012, 08:52 AM
I have read in the other AoA thread that the rooms get hot when noone is in them due to the air conditioning only turning on when it senses movement. Is this the case? I hate returning from a long day at the parks to a warm room.

Hope you are having an amazing time!!!!!:goodvibes

100acrewoodfan
08-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Hi, Thanks for taking the time to answer questions while on your vacay. I was wondering if they have a microwave and toaster for guests to use in the food court? Thanks so much, enjoy the rest of your vacay!!

Airb330
08-10-2012, 09:25 AM

AT&T, I think is generally known for the best service around the world. They are using the cellular 850 megahertz band which penetrates walls the best. Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint are using the PCS 1900 megahertz frequency, which doesn't travel as far. Most cell sites around Disney are shared sites between all of the carriers, and most are off-site, so the signal is traveling pretty far, and thus doesn't penetrate buildings as well. Disney needs to allow microcells on the property. They are very small and can be hidden very well. Many suburban areas are getting these on lightpoles and they can house equipment for 4-5 mobile carriers even.

At POP Century, Verizon and Sprint didn't work too well, so I doubt they'd work very well across the lake at AoA either. I had to go outside to get a reliable signal on either of those carriers.

jockey
08-10-2012, 10:38 AM
How quick is the Internet? Would love to see some pics please

goofyintoronto
08-10-2012, 10:50 AM
I'm not the OP, but I was wandering around that resort 2 weeks ago because I too want to stay in the LM section as I don't have a need for a suite and don't desire to spend the extra $ when I don't need the suite. So I thought I'd go and check out the location of the LM section in comparision to the rest of the resort.
IMHO, I think the LM section is further out from the main bldg than the 80's/90"s section at POP. Now this is MY opinion but they are going to be a hike and they are clearly the furtherest bldgs from the food court/bus stop. As much as I would really like to try this resort, it's not looking favorable for me...

OH MY DEAR HEAVENS!!! Thats FAR!!!!!!!!! Its not very appealing to me either now! Ive been to pop, I know how far 80's/90's is from the main building. Thats painfully far. Since its just my DS12 & I, i really cannot justify spending $ on a suite. Thats why i considered LM. I might do LM for one night only on my next trip, just to check out the resort. But anything more than one night is just crazy. There's just no way.

Thanks for the info.

jenjie
08-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Can you buy milk on property? Not the individual serving size, but a larger amount - maybe a half gallon?

Thank you so much! Hope you're having a wonderful time!:goodvibes

stitchlovestink
08-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Can you buy milk on property? Not the individual serving size, but a larger amount - maybe a half gallon?

Thank you so much! Hope you're having a wonderful time!

Again, not OP, but I stayed at POP two weeks ago which is right over the bridge. they had half gallons of milk. I would suspect that AoA would have them too, but if not...you could get one not TOO far away. HTH!!

jenjie
08-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Again, not OP, but I stayed at POP two weeks ago which is right over the bridge. they had half gallons of milk. I would suspect that AoA would have them too, but if not...you could get one not TOO far away. HTH!!

Excellent! Thanks so much

dontthrowsand
08-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Would it be possible to measure the size of the safe?

RMAMom
08-10-2012, 03:40 PM
I posted this in another thread but it hasn't been answered yet. I would love some info and pictures of the bar. Is it attached to the main building or a separate building like at Pop. Do they have any specialty drinks or is it standard value bar menu. Can you order snacks?

LovesTimone
08-10-2012, 03:49 PM
I know that there is a door that close off the main bedroom and 1 of the baths, but is there a door or curtain, that close off the sink area, for dressing in the main area? or is there a pocket door that can close off the area with the pull out couch in it?

We are thinking about going this route with my daughter and her husband next Dec, 2013 - and not sure if we will have enough privacy. Basicly is there enough privacy for all of us.

How are the food choices, for breakfast ? and is there a pasta station.

Any pictures of Loin King area would be great.

I hope that you have a wonderful time, and thanks so much for allowing us to ask questions.pixiedust:

Ziggie
08-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Can you tell me if they have a ATM in the lobby?

I believe there is. Don't quote me, but I believe I saw one when I was last in there.

I have read in the other AoA thread that the rooms get hot when noone is in them due to the air conditioning only turning on when it senses movement. Is this the case? I hate returning from a long day at the parks to a warm room.

Hope you are having an amazing time!!!!!:goodvibes

I said this *exact thing* to my hubby! To me, it gets uncomfortably warm during the night when we sleep. I said, I bet the a/c comes on when there is movement. The bathroom fans operate on this same principle. When you walk in, they automatically turn on.

The room isn't warm when you walk in (push it down to 68 like we did before you leave!)

Ziggie
08-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Hi, Thanks for taking the time to answer questions while on your vacay. I was wondering if they have a microwave and toaster for guests to use in the food court? Thanks so much, enjoy the rest of your vacay!!

I personally didn't notice if there was a toaster oven or not (sorry). But there is a microwave in the suites.

AT&T, I think is generally known for the best service around the world. They are using the cellular 850 megahertz band which penetrates walls the best. Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint are using the PCS 1900 megahertz frequency, which doesn't travel as far. Most cell sites around Disney are shared sites between all of the carriers, and most are off-site, so the signal is traveling pretty far, and thus doesn't penetrate buildings as well. Disney needs to allow microcells on the property. They are very small and can be hidden very well. Many suburban areas are getting these on lightpoles and they can house equipment for 4-5 mobile carriers even.

At POP Century, Verizon and Sprint didn't work too well, so I doubt they'd work very well across the lake at AoA either. I had to go outside to get a reliable signal on either of those carriers.

Our personal experience is AT&T has been the least reliable in South Florida. After losing power during hurricanes, AT&T was always the last to restore any sort of signal.

The devices I listed above are using AT&T, Sprint and Verizon. All of them have service problems.

canopynut66
08-10-2012, 07:31 PM
how far is the food court/buses from Little Mermaid building #9 or #7 my Grand daughter is wanting to stay there and know can get close at POP

disneydiva16
08-10-2012, 09:11 PM
I said this *exact thing* to my hubby! To me, it gets uncomfortably warm during the night when we sleep. I said, I bet the a/c comes on when there is movement. The bathroom fans operate on this same principle. When you walk in, they automatically turn on.

The room isn't warm when you walk in (push it down to 68 like we did before you leave!)

Thanks for your quick response. I will definitely take your advice!:)

jenjie
08-11-2012, 06:46 AM
I came across this somewhere and have it saved on my phone for our trip. It's worth a try.

"Search "Motion bypass" and several articles over the years say:

"Here are the directions to overiding the a/c system:

On the thermostat push the power button and the down arrow (that adjusts the temp) at the exact same time. If you do this correctly there will be the letters "bp" where the temp numbers usually are. You are now bypassing the sensors in the room. You can then set the temp to whatever you want and it keeps the room that cold whether you are in it or not. The maintenance man said that you might have to do this once a day as the thermostat tends to go back to sensor mode after 24 hours. We found that it stayed on bypass for a couple of days at a time. It was great to come back to a cold room or not wake up in the middle of the night in a sweat again."

A high up Disney facilities chief told me that all AC bypasses by maintenance (like when they turn down the AC in a crowded conference room) get reset every night by Mickey's Master Computer.

Several also say the mylar balloon tied to the AC grill works."

LovesTimone
08-11-2012, 06:53 AM
A high up Disney facilities chief told me that all AC bypasses by maintenance (like when they turn down the AC in a crowded conference room) get reset every night by Mickey's Master Computer.

Several also say the mylar balloon tied to the AC grill works."[/QUOTE]

The balloon trick works, DH and I like it cool at night, so we always have to have a Mickey balloon in the room, who doesn't like to see Mickey floating around 1st thing inthe morning. Tie it to a bag and put it right next to the air conditioner, worked great for us.

Ziggie
08-11-2012, 07:20 AM
***** We are home now :goodvibes *****

... but I'll be happy to answer a few more general questions.

Would it be possible to measure the size of the safe?

My laptop is 17" and it would not fit into the safe. The depth was probably around 3 to 3.5". Our phones, iPad, nook, kindle etc. did fit in there. The safe is now electronic with you setting your own password. There is no more key.

I posted this in another thread but it hasn't been answered yet. I would love some info and pictures of the bar. Is it attached to the main building or a separate building like at Pop. Do they have any specialty drinks or is it standard value bar menu. Can you order snacks?

The bar is immediately adjacent to the Nemo pool (which, by the way, is surrounded by a massive blue metal fence). It is not part of the main building. They do have specialty drinks along with beer. You can order meals there as well (hot dogs, sushi, wraps, salads, etc.)

I know that there is a door that close off the main bedroom and 1 of the baths, but is there a door or curtain, that close off the sink area, for dressing in the main area? or is there a pocket door that can close off the area with the pull out couch in it?

We are thinking about going this route with my daughter and her husband next Dec, 2013 - and not sure if we will have enough privacy. Basicly is there enough privacy for all of us.

How are the food choices, for breakfast ? and is there a pasta station.

Any pictures of Loin King area would be great.

I hope that you have a wonderful time, and thanks so much for allowing us to ask questions.pixiedust:

The sleeping area that consists of the sofa bed and table/bed offers NO privacy. There is nothing that separates those 2 sections from one another. No curtain, no partitions, nothing. The bathroom has a pocket door that separates it from the main room. Behind the bathroom door, there is another door that separates the toilet and shower from the sink area.

The breakfast food choices are very similar to that of Pop. I had the Mickey pancake which I've had before at other hotel food courts.

The pasta station is delicious!

Ziggie
08-11-2012, 07:25 AM
how far is the food court/buses from Little Mermaid building #9 or #7 my Grand daughter is wanting to stay there and know can get close at POP

LM is very far from the main building where the food court is. I can't answer the bus question because we don't ride them (sorry).

I came across this somewhere and have it saved on my phone for our trip. It's worth a try.

"Search "Motion bypass" and several articles over the years say:

"Here are the directions to overiding the a/c system:

On the thermostat push the power button and the down arrow (that adjusts the temp) at the exact same time. If you do this correctly there will be the letters "bp" where the temp numbers usually are. You are now bypassing the sensors in the room. You can then set the temp to whatever you want and it keeps the room that cold whether you are in it or not. The maintenance man said that you might have to do this once a day as the thermostat tends to go back to sensor mode after 24 hours. We found that it stayed on bypass for a couple of days at a time. It was great to come back to a cold room or not wake up in the middle of the night in a sweat again."

Several also say the mylar balloon tied to the AC grill works."

There was no "bp" on our thermostat. The lowest the setting would go is 68.0 degrees. You couldn't alter that.

Ziggie
08-11-2012, 04:23 PM
I wanted to add that the Nemo pool has a distinct "salt" taste to it. And the underwater music is fun! :goodvibes

AWilliams
08-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Thanks so much for sharing and answering so many questions. I was wondering if you knew if the sidewalk going all around the lake was open or if the area near the Little Mermaid section was still blocked off?

Thanks! Amy

Ziggie
08-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Thanks so much for sharing and answering so many questions. I was wondering if you knew if the sidewalk going all around the lake was open or if the area near the Little Mermaid section was still blocked off?

Thanks! Amy

We were able to walk along the lake following a sidewalk that circled Lion King, Nemo and Cars. The sidewalk is blocked by Mermaid, but still forms a circle around the remaining 3 sections.

Ziggie
08-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Also wanted to add... I did take a mini-nap on the table/bed and found it to be quite comfortable. I am only 5'4" tall, so please take that into consideration :goodvibes

rentayenta
08-11-2012, 09:53 PM
This is great info, thank you! :thumbsup2