PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Resort's relaxing places?

HappyArtist
08-08-2012, 04:34 PM
I am an AKL fan, I love the lobby where you can find a relaxing spot without too much noise, it just feels calm.

I am thinking of trying another deluxe resort but I am having a hard time finding an inside place that looks as relaxing besides the club lounges.

Contemporary looks fun, but I only see a small area with a few chairs near the checkin.

Poly looks great, but mostly outside. Their lobby is pretty with all the plants but it is very loud and I didn't see a lot of seating areas.

It just feels like AKL is somewhere you go and you know you are somewhere as soon as you walk into the door. (not hotel like, but somewhere special) Plus they have the savanna outside too.

Am I missing something? I am really trying to find somewhere else to love in case I can't get a deal there. Am I just spoiled? lol

goofy4prez
08-08-2012, 04:39 PM
The Wilderness Lodge has two that I know about. On the second floor is a little nook area that has a few chairs and a table. Also on the fourth floor is a nice seating area overlooking the awesome lobby and has several chairs, tables, and a fireplace. It is almost never occupied and is one of my favorite area's to get away and read a book or magazine for a few moments. ;)

HappyArtist
08-08-2012, 04:53 PM
The Wilderness Lodge has two that I know about. On the second floor is a little nook area that has a few chairs and a table. Also on the fourth floor is a nice seating area overlooking the awesome lobby and has several chairs, tables, and a fireplace. It is almost never occupied and is one of my favorite area's to get away and read a book or magazine for a few moments. ;)

I see you have done club level, is that good too? I would love to take a glass of wine and sit somewhere nice (inside) that doesn't feel like I'm at the mall. :rotfl:

rcraw45425
08-08-2012, 06:45 PM
WL lobby is great for kicking back and relaxing, their lounge is somewhat odd, scattered tables and chairs, reminds me of a food court area. The main lobby of the GF is also good, sofas and easy chairs throughout. Also, each individual building has a lobby area with sofas and chairs to relax in. YC lounge is smallish, but they may have remodeled and enlarged since we last stayed there. The Tower Club (14th floor) at the CR is pretty spacious, plus there are balconies with tabes and chairs overlooking the Magic kingdom. .

NHKristy76
08-08-2012, 07:02 PM

I love the nook area, SO peaceful! On one of our trips our room was directly next to the "nook" so my husband and I would put our DD to sleep and then sit in the nook and enjoy a drink and the view of the gorgeous Christmas tree!

I've heard there is a Solarium in the Beach Club that is very quiet!

PoohsFan1
08-08-2012, 07:18 PM
I agree with the WL...it is really relaxing in that resort. They also have rocking chairs in the lobby that I love to sit and rock while people watch or just looking over the WL lobby in amazement.

My absolute favorite spot to sit in and relax (especially with a good book in hand) is the breezeway in the BC. It is so pretty in there and very quiet. Also, if you are ever planning on staying at BCV, there is a breezeway in there, right off of where the quiet pool is, that is also one of my favorite places to read or just relax.

Sue M
08-08-2012, 07:18 PM
I think WL, Akl,BC,YC, & Gf all have nice lobby areas for sitting.

Deb & Bill
08-08-2012, 07:46 PM
BC has the Solarium.

disneydee6
08-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Second on the Solarium of the BC. Their lobby can be busy, the solarium is gorgeous and usually very quiet and peaceful

goofy4prez
08-08-2012, 08:27 PM
I see you have done club level, is that good too? I would love to take a glass of wine and sit somewhere nice (inside) that doesn't feel like I'm at the mall. :rotfl:

I myself enjoy the club level. There are some of the opinion that the cost does not equate to value based on what they eat or drink. If this is your only way of measuring whether it is good for you, I would say no.

If you are not a person who is a park commando and will spend time at the resort then yes, it can be well worth it. Breakfast offerings are fine for those who don't eat big breakfasts (like me) with cereals, pastries, fresh fruit and a few other items. Snacks are nice, the evening appetizers are very good, and if you enjoy having a couple of drinks, no problem; enjoy a glass of wine or two, or three or so on and so on. LOL Same for a cold beer as well.

As someone mentioned, the WL does not have a "traditional" lounge in CL; it is spread out looking over the lobby from the seventh floor (this floor is exclusive to CL). There are some very nice areas though to sit back away from it all and enjoy your quiet time. ;)