PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Shoots Self in Rear

Marty Joe
08-08-2012, 01:30 PM
While staying at the Poly, my DW, DD, wife's BFF, and her DD went to the Grand Floridian for lunch, shopping, and to look around on a "park free" day. My wife's friend's daughter wants(wanted) to stay at the GF on her honeymoon. Some CM didn't think this foursome was quite up to GF standards. Words were exchanged, feelings were hurt, and while no one shed any blood, the GF shot themselves in the butt. You have to go the extra mile to get my DW PO'ed. I have (a couple of times) found this line in the sand. All it takes is some college friends, some rum/vodka, and some spare time... or apparently be a Grand Floridian CM :). We actually considered the GF this past July (would have been cheaper). There is not even a remote chance of us staying there in the future - unless a divorce is involved - and I can't live on 35 cents a week....

bdoyledimou
08-08-2012, 01:33 PM
WHAT?!?! I would love to hear about this altercation -- io have toured the GF wearing board shorts a "A" shirt and tattooos all over and no one questioned me one bit -- this just seems bizarre -- is Disney losing its Magic with new hires that just don't get it?

ols386
08-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Definitely not good from a business standpoint.

Sometimes that's all it takes to leave a bad taste in your mouth regarding any hotel, anywhere.

sharadoc
08-08-2012, 01:51 PM
While staying at the Poly, my DW, DD, wife's BFF, and her DD went to the Grand Floridian for lunch, shopping, and to look around on a "park free" day. My wife's friend's daughter wants(wanted) to stay at the GF on her honeymoon. Some CM didn't think this foursome was quite up to GF standards. Words were exchanged, feelings were hurt, and while no one shed any blood, the GF shot themselves in the butt. You have to go the extra mile to get my DW PO'ed. I have (a couple of times) found this line in the sand. All it takes is some college friends, some rum/vodka, and some spare time... or apparently be a Grand Floridian CM :). We actually considered the GF this past July (would have been cheaper). There is not even a remote chance of us staying there in the future - unless a divorce is involved - and I can't live on 35 cents a week....

The RULE!

Anyway, I see we mention "college friends, some rum/vodka, and some spare time". Perhaps the rum/vodka influenced behavior that was unacceptable? Just wondering, that's all. :confused3

LSUfan4444
08-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Are you going to tell us their side of the story on why they were asked to leave?

Waltgirl
08-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Perhaps I am having a slow brain day but I don't understand the OP at all. Could someone please explain what happened?

Thanks.

bdoyledimou
08-08-2012, 02:00 PM
sounds like OP's wife and friend and their two daugheters toured Grand FLoridian and got into an argument with a CM -- cause the CM didn't like how they looked or something?

:confused3

ton80
08-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Troll :rolleyes1

LSUfan4444
08-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Perhaps I am having a slow brain day but I don't understand the OP at all. Could someone please explain what happened?

Thanks.

Don't have much info, but apparantly the op had some family/friends who went to the Grand Floridian and were not resort guests there, got into some argument with a CM and were asked/told to leave.

Why, nobody knows. I am going to say it is because they tried to start a flashbmob dancing to "Call me Maybe" and when nobody joined in they proceeded to trash the place like The Who on a Europeon Tour in the early 70's.

I offer this simply because we have no other story to go off of at the moment and it seems like something I would want to watch.

Missytara
08-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Wow, you show up at the GF, apparently drunk and asked to leave and will never stay there again. Goodbye!

FloridaDreaming
08-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Don't have much info, but apparantly the op had some family/friends who went to the Grand Floridian and were not resort guests there, got into some argument with a CM and were asked/told to leave.

Why, nobody knows. I am going to say it is because they tried to start a flashbmob dancing to "Call me Maybe" and when nobody joined in they proceeded to trash the place like The Who on a Europeon Tour in the early 70's.

I offer this simply because we have no other story to go off of at the moment and it seems like something I would want to watch.

Some people just can't appreciate a good flashmob anymore. It's a shame really.

TheRustyScupper
08-08-2012, 02:20 PM
. . . CM didn't think this foursome was quite up to GF standards . . .

1) Yes, some CM's can be rude or uncaring at times.
2) But, there must be more to this story.
3) CM's do not routinely get into arguments with guests.
4) And, they very rarely ask people to leave.
5) Must be a really interesting tale.
6) We will wait to see it OP gives us enough info.
7) Hopefully the info will be as unbiased as possible.

bwang123
08-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Wow, you show up at the GF, apparently drunk and asked to leave and will never stay there again. Goodbye!

they weren't drunk, they were high on meth and trying to sell girl scout cookies in the lobby. the CM didn't mind, except they were all wearing matching Hell's Angels jackets and the CM didn't take to kindly to that.

Butterflygirl35
08-08-2012, 02:24 PM
popcorn::

NHKristy76
08-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Troll :rolleyes1

Certainly seems that way...

popcorn::

Missytara
08-08-2012, 02:31 PM
they weren't drunk, they were high on meth and trying to sell girl scout cookies in the lobby. the CM didn't mind, except they were all wearing matching Hell's Angels jackets and the CM didn't take to kindly to that.

Good one. I am glad I had a chance in 2004 to take my mom to enjoy the wonderful lobby, the christmas tree, the gingerbread house, the pianist in the lobby by 1900 Park Fare, and the extended family who got married at the wedding pavilion and we spent an hour watching all 21 of them taking their pictures on their special day.

Who knew 8 years later it would come to a flash mob in the lobby.......it was like almost yesterday we could venture out in peace.

LSUfan4444
08-08-2012, 02:32 PM

Now we're cooking...no pun intended on the meth comment.

The CM said, if they were high on girl scout cookies and selling meth, that would be okay, but we have standards and some things we can't just let slide. Robert Iger recently released a statement, "At Disney, we support the Girl Scouts of America and we understand Alice in Wonderland may have been created in the mind of someone higher than the Sears Tower, but we do not condone, nor can we allow, this type of behavior anywhere near Narcoosee's. This is what All-Star Sports is for."

goofyintoronto
08-08-2012, 02:33 PM
There are two sides to every story. Im sorry but I have a hard time believing that the GF kicked out a foursome for no good reason at all.

When there's alcohol involved, I can totally understand why GF did what they did. My guess is that the foursome were louder than they realized (because of the alcohol, which was mentioned) and this is the reason they were asked to leave? I dunno. Just a guess. :confused3

yankeepenny
NOPE-

they were all wearing white t shirts with no undergarments, soaked thru from water, and drinking from 10 year old mugs and smoking whilehopping in the main GF pool. :cool2:

LSUfan4444
Countown on the lifespan of this thread has begun.

goofyintoronto
08-08-2012, 02:34 PM

The CM said, if they were high on girl scout cookies and selling meth, that would be okay, but we have standards and some things we can't just let slide. Robert Iger recently released a statement, "At Disney, we support the Girl Scouts of America and we understand Alice in Wonderland may have been created in the mind of someone higher than the Sears Tower, but we do not condone, nor can we allow, this type of behavior anywhere near Narcoosee's. This is what All-Star Sports is for."

Lets not forget about Victoria & Albert's as well! ;)

bwang123
08-08-2012, 02:41 PM

and what if those weren't really cookies inside the girl scout boxes but really fake fastpasses. now it all makes sense.

Mamato3Princes
08-08-2012, 02:43 PM

The OP's post is very confusing.... but I think when he made the statement about college friends being drunk, I think he was saying that's one of the two things that will get his DW upset. I'm assuming the drunk college friends angered his wife on another occasion. Apparently she doesn't get angry easily, but the situation with the CM angered her just like her experience with drunk college friends in the past. I don't think they showed up drunk, lol. At least I hope not.... :laughing:. Or maybe you already know this and I'm slow so I didn't pick up on the sarcasm :lmao:.

Missoutandabout
08-08-2012, 02:46 PM

I commend you, good sir. Kudos for not resorting to calling it that foul moniker: "The Willis Tower." :crazy2:

Meth? Nah. See, if Girl Scout Cookies were involved, I'd venture to guess it was more along the lines of a wicked case of the munchies.

Chanting. I'm voting for chanting in the lobby.

FloridaDreaming
08-08-2012, 02:48 PM
The OP's post is very confusing.... but I think when he made the statement about college friends being drunk, I think he was saying that's one of the two things that will get his DW upset. I'm assuming the drunk college friends angered his wife on another occasion. Apparently she doesn't get angry easily, but the situation with the CM angered her just like her experience with drunk college friends in the past. I don't think they showed up drunk, lol. At least I hope not.... :laughing:.

I did think this as well.
He's purposely left out any information that would help his post make any sense in an attempt to see how many nibbles he can get. He's stirred some creative minds. I'm enjoying reading all the interpretations and possible scenarios.

bumbershoot
08-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Anyway, I see we mention "college friends, some rum/vodka, and some spare time". Perhaps the rum/vodka influenced behavior that was unacceptable? Just wondering, that's all. :confused3

He said " have (a couple of times) found this line in the sand. All it takes is some college friends, some rum/vodka, and some spare time... or apparently be a Grand Floridian CM ".

That means when HE has gotten on his wife's bad side, it involved those first three things. But the CM got on her bad side without those things, because all it took was being a GF CM.

OP, you need to clarify what happened, if you wish to have a post people can take something from. I'm clear on the fact that they weren't drinking (lunch, shopping, and sightseeing was what you said was being done by them), but I'm not clear on what went on with the CM.

minnie mum
08-08-2012, 03:05 PM
I have read and reread the OP's post several times and still find it so confusing that it's practically incoherent.:confused3 Wondering if he hadn't been guilty of a little rum/vodka, and some spare time of his own today. It has been entertaining reading all of the possible interpretations of this very puzzling post. So was it the OPs family that was 3 sheets to the wind? Were they engaging in less than stellar public behaviour? Had any of this been prefaced by a loud/slurred "Hey y'all watch this..."?

OP please come back and explain your self. Enquiring minds want to know.

LSUfan4444
08-08-2012, 03:05 PM
I'm clear on the fact that they weren't drinking (lunch, shopping, and sightseeing was what you said was being done by them), but I'm not clear on what went on with the CM.

How can you be clear they weren't drinking? He never said or insinuated they weren't.

I've been (and have know plenty other people) to dine at other resorts, do some sight seeing and enjoy a few adult cocktails.

Now, doing it in my Tinkerbell Pajamas wearing a cowboy hat while high on meth trying to start a flashmob to "Call Me Maybe "is a different story. I leave that to the pros.

LSUfan4444
08-08-2012, 03:10 PM
In all seriousness, this is what a rational person knows and can assume.

Thousands of visitors at WDW visit resorts they are not staying at on a daily basis. If you are dressed and are acting appropriately, you are not confronted by a CM except to offer you assistance or to greet you.

Any interaction beyond a greeting or an offer of assistance with a CM has to either:

A) be initiated by said WDW guest approaching a CM
B) said WDW guest doing, saying, wearing etc. something that requires the CM relay some sort of direction to stop the behavior that is not allowed or frowned upon

For anyone to insinuate their family and friends was doing nothing wrong and for no good reason whatsoever was forced to leave a disney resort simply because they were not guests there is a weak attempt to troll.

minnie mum
08-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Just one other thing.... How does one go about shooting one's self in the rear? Wouldn't you need to be a contortionist?

And am I a bad person to think that if your behaviour is such that you get tossed from the GF, then management isn't going to weep at the thought that you won't be returning as a paying guest?

njmom47
08-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Thank you all! I needed :lmao: today!

luvthemouse71
08-08-2012, 03:19 PM
My sister and I went to the GF one year to check out the resort. A girl in the gift shop was really snotty to my sister. Keep in mind that my sister is very quiet and well mannered, and both of us were wearing nicer vacation clothes, because we had come from an ADR.

Not that that should matter. No one should be made to feel like crap by a CM, merely out of snobbishness. And I don't think I'd ever stay at the GF either. The vibe at the resort just seemed kind of sterile, and blah.

If I want to drop serious cash at WDW and want to feel welcome, I stay Poly CL..

And I was able to make out what the OP meant just fine. I'm curious though for more of the story.

si-am
08-08-2012, 03:38 PM
I know a lot of people think the GF is all high class and snooty, but honestly the guests I've seen there look just like the guests at any other Disney resort. There's no kind of dress code that automatically distinguishes GF guests from those staying anywhere else.

I wonder if when people encounter rude CMs there, they automatically assume it's snootiness when really it's just rudeness that you might occasionally find anywhere, even at mods and values.

As for the OP, I don't know. I think we need more info here.

sndral
08-08-2012, 03:43 PM
.... All it takes is some college friends, some rum/vodka, and some spare time... or apparently be a Grand Floridian CM :). ....

Perhaps the GF CM had been talking to the "[p]ool nazi...20 yo a-hole...trying to impress a female lifeguard..." you complained about in your earlier thread re: your incident @ the Poly pool :cool1: and was out to get your wife and buddies
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=45585361#post45585361

I'm unclear to me whether it was the CM who allegedly was drinking the rum/vodka and partying w/ college friends or the wife and a college buddy and their daughters who were drinking the rum/vodka and partying w/ college friends. IME, whomever is drinking the rum/vodka, especially if to excess, will be more likely to cause issues for sober people around them and to have a less than clear recollection of exactly what they did. But, not knowing the particulars, it's hard to judge or to sympathize.
I hadn't considered that the OP was relating that one way he had gotten on his wife's bad side was to drink rum/vodka w/ college friends and that no one was drinking rum/vodka on the day in question.

Sinderelly
08-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Perhaps the GF CM had been talking to the "[p]ool nazi...20 yo a-hole...trying to impress a female lifeguard..." you complained about in your earlier thread re: your incident @ the Poly pool :cool1: and was out to get your wife and buddies

I'm unclear to me whether it was the CM who allegedly was drinking the rum/vodka and partying w/ college friends or the wife and a college buddy and their daughters who were drinking the rum/vodka and partying w/ college friends. IME, whomever is drinking the rum/vodka, especially if to excess, will be more likely to cause issues for sober people around them and to have a less than clear recollection of exactly what they did. But, not knowing the particulars, it's hard to judge or to sympathize.
I hadn't considered that the OP was relating that one way he had gotten on his wife's bad side was to drink rum/vodka w/ college friends and that no one was drinking rum/vodka on the day in question.

:stir:

vicki_c
08-08-2012, 04:00 PM
So funny, sndral! Did not realize it was the same person! Sounds like Marty Joe is not going to be happy anywhere!

bwang123
08-08-2012, 04:03 PM

next, he will start a thread about the evil CM in the magic kingdom that wouldn't let him bring in his flask of whisky, hunting knife and refused to let him park his RV in fantasyland.

gayles
08-08-2012, 04:15 PM
They might have taken one of the " Stuffed Animals " from the " Set-Up" old lady they have in the Lobby who sit's there ...
Whatever it is or was-- the OP wanted to start something or he would have made thing's clearer ... Some folk's are just like that ...

JimS4210
08-08-2012, 04:16 PM
next, he will start a thread about the evil CM in the magic kingdom that wouldn't let him bring in his flask of whisky, hunting knife and refused to let him park his RV in fantasyland.

Or, "Whaddya mean I can't bring my own food into this restaurant? Have you seen the prices of some of these here entrees?"... :rotfl:

Jim

FloridaDreaming
08-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Geez. Anything else we should know about this horrible trip?

ellyn2000
08-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Your comments make me smile! Love this place! :rotfl:

Poohforyou
08-08-2012, 05:41 PM
We get no details of what happened but are supposed to boycott the GF :confused3.

HappyArtist
08-08-2012, 05:49 PM
This isn't a new poster, I wonder if they got hacked or something. If that isn't the case, I would like to hear more.popcorn::

kerriemiller
08-08-2012, 05:55 PM

I believe this is referring to sometime in the past when OP upset his wife not that the foursome was drinking.

Is there a dress code or something?

sdzman
08-08-2012, 05:58 PM
OP stole his post from a Seinfeld episode

""Yeah. I met this lawyer, we went out to dinner, I had the lobster bisque, we went back to my place, yada yada yada, I never heard from him again."
"But you yada yada'd over the best part."
"No, I mentioned the bisque."

jennabcassell
08-08-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm waiting as well!popcorn::

ErinsMommy
08-08-2012, 07:25 PM
To give the guy the credit of doubt, maybe at the time he posted, he was in his hotel room and then headed back out for the rest of the day and will post when he gets back? :confused3

Seahunt
08-08-2012, 07:28 PM
they weren't drunk, they were high on meth

Yeah and they probably got it from this undercover "Service Dog"
http://i49.tinypic.com/28mp6xd.jpg

jdb in AZ
08-08-2012, 07:35 PM
OP is going to have to come up with some plausible details if he expects us to boycott the Grand Floridian. When we stayed there last year, their staff was amazing. They were above and beyond professional.

notaclue
08-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Sounds to me like it was OP himself who shot himself in the rear, not the GF. Looking at some of his other posts, he complains about most every resort. Poor guy just gets no respect....

kerplop
08-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Well I went to the GF and I'm not sure I'd let me into the place again. Wearing my Walmart clothes and my knock-off Crocs, but then again I'm kind of a jerk. :joker:

poly princess
08-08-2012, 08:43 PM
I guess we will never know the whole and true story.
:wave2:

Planogirl
08-08-2012, 08:59 PM
I bet that there is way more to the story if this actually happened. Disney CM's anywhere don't make a habit of fighting with people. If anything they are just the opposite, sometimes too indifferent.

Sue M
08-08-2012, 09:14 PM
:confused3. Don't get why someone would post an inflammatory statement without any explanation of what actually happened unless he's trying to stir people up :sad2:

Deb & Bill
08-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Based on his other threads, he has no plans at all to stay at the GF unless the CMs at the Polynesian shoot themselves in the "foot". Which it appears one did at the pool.

OhioDisneyDad
08-08-2012, 09:32 PM
This post stays open while other useful posts get closed. Makes no sense but then the mind of a mod is a strange place. :confused3

baler31
08-08-2012, 09:35 PM
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2This post stays open while other useful posts get closed. Makes no sense but then the mind of a mod is a strange place. :confused3

Allison
08-08-2012, 09:37 PM
With your problems with the cms at the Poly and the GF I guess the monorail resorts are not for you.

Deb & Bill
08-08-2012, 09:39 PM
With your problems with the cms at the Poly and the GF I guess the monorail resorts are not for you.

There is always the Contemporary Resort....

notaclue
08-08-2012, 09:40 PM
This post stays open while other useful posts get closed. Makes no sense but then the mind of a mod is a strange place. :confused3

It's probably still open because we are all waiting to hear back from the OP....if he dares.

Deb & Bill
08-08-2012, 09:44 PM
It's probably still open because we are all waiting to hear back from the OP....if he dares.

Nah, his posting style is more hit and run.

arthur06
08-08-2012, 09:48 PM

I don't think he does.

fynook12
08-08-2012, 09:53 PM
I just wish he would tell us what happened!! :grouphug: You can't give us an introduction like that and not clarify the event!!! LOL....That's writing 101.....:confused3

Allison
08-08-2012, 09:54 PM

We will probably get that post in a week or so and it will be a trifecta.

DJFan88
08-08-2012, 10:03 PM
I get where you all are coming from here and I'm not even going to get into any of what went on here - (although I also understood that the wife drinking thing was an example of one of the ways to get her ticked off ).
However, I just wanted to state that I've definetly seen snooty CM's, most notably a waiter at the CG at YC. Too bad, too, 'cause I liked the food there. Also, at CBR gift shop, but I'm willing to chalk that one up to communication issues. However, many have been great. Think you can find that anywhere --even here on the Dis!

Sammie
08-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Unless you are willing to share what happened, why even start a thread :confused3

It would take a lot for Disney to ask someone to leave a resort, good grief they let them carry off my patio chairs at the Polynesian to watch fireworks. :eek:

Marty Joe
08-08-2012, 10:53 PM
HOLY CRAP!!! I was at work taking a DIS break and I had a work related issue to deal with!!!! I would have been more forthcoming on info but I had to roll!!!

No, the foursome was not drunk (I should have been) or on meth. No white clothes with no drawers. They did not get kicked out of the GF! The point with the college buddies is when were are all together, we "sometimes" get into trouble. A lot of stones were cast on that one because I know it never happens to anyone else :rolleyes1

The deal the the CM was not that big a deal... The BFF (I hate the term) was not that familiar with the GF and asked directions to the cafe where they were having lunch. The CM was rude by rolling his eyes and turned his backed her and walked away. My DW called him on it and some harsh words were exchanged. I can't give you a play by play because I was not there. I was busy cooking meth in room 1605 (Samoa/volcano pool side/patio) :rolleyes1. After that incident, they did not get that warm and fuzzy feeling from anybody else (CM wise) while at the GF. When things go wrong, it is hard to recover... After staying at the Poly, which is (almost) always magical with friendly and helpful CMs, it was kind of a culture shock for them. In one visit to the Grand Floridian, it went from a possible future stay (and a honeymoon) to a "no way" all because of a snotty CM. Was it a fluke? Probably. I know a lot of DISers think the world of the GF (as we do of the Poly). But the GF isn't gonna happen.

Some of you were funny in your posts. Some of you were mean spirited...

luvthemouse71
08-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Some here are ok, others are like sharks when there's blood in the water. Dont let it get to you, i chalk it up to boredom and perhaps unhappiness.

Sure, bad CM's can be anywhere but it rankles even more when you are paying a good chunk of change to stay there. On a positive note, you discovered that the GF isn't for you, and you didnt have to pay them a dime.

minnie mum
08-08-2012, 11:00 PM

Unless some CM has already banned him from the observation platform.

Sammie
08-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Some CM didn't think this foursome was quite up to GF standards. Words were exchanged, feelings were hurt,

If this CM actually told your wife and friends they were not welcome there, then it should have been reported to the manager on duty. Believe me that is not the norm for any Disney resort and they would want to know.

POOHsie
08-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Now that I have the explanation, I am as confused as ever. Eye rolling, back turning, harsh words?

Last time I was there with DD and BF, in sneaks, theme park shorts/tshirts, looking around. We were cordially approached by a man in a suit who asked if he could assist in any way. He personally guided us to GF Cafe for our ADR. Later we visited the shops, admired the marble inlaid floors, studied the decorative folk art and listened to the live musicians, then left. I can't recall a GF CM being anything less than gracious in the many times we've visited. Of course, we were gracious, too, in keeping with the refined atmosphere.

:confused3

TDC Nala
08-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Well, "not quite up to GF standards" is very vague. Personally I was expecting something more drastic than an eye roll.

Did your party report the CM for his rudeness?

Missytara
08-09-2012, 06:09 AM
My mom and I had a wonderful time at GF several years ago. It was the week after Thanksgiving.

A wedding party was having their picture taken in front of the Xmas tree. It was an older couple with two sets of siblings and grandchildren. They took tons of pictures.

We sat there for at least an hour, off to the side in a couple of overstuffed chairs, watching them and listening to the pianist play xmas music. Not one CM asked us to move it along. We had a lovely afternoon.

DJFan88
08-09-2012, 06:47 AM
Well, "not quite up to GF standards" is very vague. Personally I was expecting something more drastic than an eye roll.

Did your party report the CM for his rudeness?

I think an eye roll can say wonders. It shows the spirit. I really don't like high and mighty and can understand why this would upset someone. In the end, we're all just people. (Disclaimer: I would in no way be mistaken for someone with "class".)

CRB#33
08-09-2012, 08:08 AM
If someone in this line of work rolled their eyes at me and then turned their back to me, I'd have let him have it. It's rude and unacceptable from anyone IMO.

Same as waitstaff or a store clerk.

I probably wouldn't have reported him however. I'm not going to take that time out of my vacation, but I would have told the person I was going to in order to shake him up.

We're heading there for lunch in a few weeks. Hoping your experience was a fluke.

Poohforyou
08-09-2012, 08:11 AM
I don't know, 2 seperate incidents at 2 different resorts where the op or his party did nothing yo incite an issue but were on the receiving end of such poor treatment by a cm that it warrants starting a tread. I'm guessing thin skin or exaggeration.

Of course there is poor customer service everywhere but in what I've observed in my life the customer wasn't 100% innocent. I am not of the belief that the customer is always right.

davedmaine
08-09-2012, 08:14 AM

So what happened? There's usually two sides to the story..

dragonfly57005
08-09-2012, 08:34 AM
And am I a bad person to think that if your behaviour is such that you get tossed from the GF, then management isn't going to weep at the thought that you won't be returning as a paying guest?

As GF is my fav place to stay I'd be happy to hear if this story is actually true.

Keep my place nice and respectable. If you want to act crazy, please come visit me during the beginning of August in Sturgis.

Missytara
08-09-2012, 08:53 AM
I don't know, 2 seperate incidents at 2 different resorts where the op or his party did nothing yo incite an issue but were on the receiving end of such poor treatment by a cm that it warrants starting a tread. I'm guessing thin skin or exaggeration.

Of course there is poor customer service everywhere but in what I've observed in my life the customer wasn't 100% innocent. I am not of the belief that the customer is always right.

Regarding the incident at the Poly, he was asked to remove his water shoes before using the water slide and was informed by the Lifeguard that you could wear them anywhere but on the slide.

He stated he looked around for a sign, but it was not that entailed about water shoes, so he accused the guard (or as he called him "pool nazi") of trying to show off to a female cast member.

One cannot list the mountains of things on a sign; sometimes one has to realize that common sense prevails.

Ironically, I googled "are water shoes prohibited on water slides at water parks?" The first page alone included major US water parks that stated water shoes are allowed everywhere but on pool slides. It is a safety issue; if you stop short or get caught on a fast, long run, serious injury could occur.

In that case, he was wrong and a bit of common sense was called for, not the attitude.

Poohforyou
08-09-2012, 08:59 AM
Regarding the incident at the Poly, he was asked to remove his water shoes before using the water slide and was informed by the Lifeguard that you could wear them anywhere but on the slide.

He stated he looked around for a sign, but it was not that entailed about water shoes, so he accused the guard (or as he called him "pool nazi") of trying to show off to a female cast member.

One cannot list the mountains of things on a sign; sometimes one has to realize that common sense prevails.

Ironically, I googled "are water shoes prohibited on water slides at water parks?" The first page alone included major US water parks that stated water shoes are allowed everywhere but on pool slides. It is a safety issue; if you stop short or get caught on a fast, long run, serious injury could occur.

In that case, he was wrong and a bit of common sense was called for, not the attitude.

This was exactly my point. I have to wonder the legitimacy of what someone says when a lifeguard just doing his job is referred to as a pool Nazi.

Lynne M
08-09-2012, 09:06 AM
And now, a public service announcement from your friendly neighborhood moderators: :)

If you think a thread needs the attention of a mod, use the Report Post button under the poster's name. It's the little white triangle with a red border and an exclamation point in the middle. That will send an e-mail to all moderators of that board, and the admins.

We can't be on the boards 24/7, and we can't read every single post, so sometimes we're not aware that a thread is going south until one of you lets us know.

Thanks!