PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about the Grand Beach resort

lilasmom
08-08-2012, 07:17 AM
Has anyone stayed in a 3br here? How does it compare to Wyndham Bonnet creek ? Are washers/ dryers in the units? How's the pool? Is there a slide ?

Thanks!

momtotwins
08-08-2012, 07:25 AM
we stayed here in a 3 bedroom before and chose it again in a few weeks. the 3 bedrooms condos are very large and i love the dual master bedroom layout. the pools are nice but no slide. they had a few kids activities that my kids participated in like face painting. we love the location.

I have never stayed at bonnet creek so i cannot compare them.

Gr8t Fan
08-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Bonnet Creek has way more of a resort feel than Grand Beach and offers more amenities. Grand Beach is nice, but Bonnet Creek wins hands down when comparing them head to head.

swilshire
08-08-2012, 11:14 AM
I found the rooms at Grand Beach very small except for the masters. The living room and kitchen were tiny. Bonnet Creek has much more space if you don't mind not having the second master.

Sheila

P.S. My comments are compared to a 2br Bonnet Creek. Still much more spacious feeling than a 3br Grand Beach. I've never stayed in a 3br at Bonnet Creek.

Lauren81M
08-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Kind of depends on what kind of experience you like. We have stayed at Grand Beach twice and love it precisely because it's a smaller property, so it doesn't take a lot of walking to get to pools, etc., and parking is nice and close to the buildings. We don't care about resort amenities, just nice pools and hot tubs, which it has. It's also far enough away from the I-4 exit to be out of the traffic, but super convenient to the parks because it's only about a block from World Center Drive. We have also found it to be super clean, with modern furnishings, and we really like the big master bedrooms, as we usually travel with more than one adult couple. The one-bedroom units are pretty small, I wouldn't try to put 4 people in them. But the 2-bedrooms and 3-bedrooms are wonderful. Though the kids room with 2 twin beds in it is a little small, we haven't found this to be a problem. The hall bathroom is quite roomy as well, we have slept a child in a Kidco Peapod Plus in there with no problem. Hubby works remotely, so he loves to take his laptop out to the screened-in balcony to work during nap times and in the evenings. First time we stayed, we checked in at 9pm and check-in was very easy. Second time we stayed, we arrived at 3:50pm for a 4pm check-in and didn't get our keys until 4:30, and the line was kind of long. That was a pain since the kids really needed a nap. Otherwise we've had no problems with customer service. I haven't stayed at Bonnet Creek, so I can't compare.

BonnieA
08-08-2012, 10:14 PM
I absolutely love Grand Beach 3 bedroom unit. So roomy. Two master bedrooms are great. It is my favorite place to stay. I have stayed there 2 times. I don't pay full price, I get it from skyauction or ebay. But it is hard to get. I have not stayed in Bonnet Creek, but I'm sure it is wonderful.

lisajl
09-05-2012, 05:33 PM
I absolutely love Grand Beach 3 bedroom unit. So roomy. Two master bedrooms are great. It is my favorite place to stay. I have stayed there 2 times. I don't pay full price, I get it from skyauction or ebay. But it is hard to get. I have not stayed in Bonnet Creek, but I'm sure it is wonderful.

Thanks to the OP for posting this. We will be staying there for the first time next month. We got a great deal..less than $400 for the week.
Can't wait to get there!

lilasmom
09-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Your welcome! We'll be there next month also.

lilasmom
09-05-2012, 06:14 PM
U

chalee94
09-05-2012, 08:26 PM
random question: can you get directly from grand beach to world center drive, or do you have to take a left across apopka-vineland?

Lauren81M
09-06-2012, 02:22 PM
You have to take a left across Apopka, but it's very easy, very little traffic there. There IS a small access driveway/road from Lake Bryan Beach Blvd to neighboring Buena Vista Suites, then cut through their parking lot and you can hit World Center Dr. However, it's faster to take a left across Apopka unless the traffic just happens to be atrocious for some reason. We use the access road to get to the 7-11 on the corner across the street from Buena Vista Suites (we are big Slurpee fans).