PDA

View Full Version : Yatch Club?? is it worth it? Other suggestions?

LovesTimone
08-08-2012, 07:09 AM
I am planning a surprise trip for DH for our 10th anniversary.:hug:
We have talked about staying here several times, we love Epcot and seem to end up there for dinner nightly when at WDW. We love the boardwalk at night.

We normally stay at the mod's. We decided several years ago to stay mod's which allowed us to stay longer, and go more often. For us it was how much time do you really spend in the room, sleep, shower, get dressed... repeat.

But this is special event 10 years together, we started our married life by honeymooning at WDW, we stayed at the Poly, but I know I just can not afford that this time.

I priced it out, and it is a difference of about 500.00 dollars between the mod's and the Deluxe resort, So with that said. Is it worth it??

DjdBrit
08-08-2012, 08:18 AM
I love the Yacht Club! Staying there is 12 days:) For our family its worth the Dollars. The resort is beautiful, location excellent, ammentities amazing....

People will argue either way you have to decide if it works for you.

sydneysmom
08-08-2012, 08:26 AM
Only you can decide if it's "worth it", but that being said, I vote YES!!! You are within walking distance to Epcot and a boatride from HS. You can also walk through Epcot to grab the monorail to MK. You're within walking distance of great restaurants and all kinds of activities.

For us, it's worth the extra money. :) We loved staying deluxe when we stayed at the GF. Our next trip is either YC or GF depending on the discount, but both have their wonderful merits.

It's your 10 year... if it doesn't strain your finances to do the extra $500, I say go for it!! Have fun !!! :yay:

BLTtinkerbell
08-08-2012, 08:34 AM
I love the Epcot Resorts! I have stayed at BC, BCV and Swan. Have you priced out the Swan? It is less than the other Epcot Resorts, but no ME or Dining Plan. If you have a car, then you would have to pay to park. We really enjoyed the Swan. The beds are as comfortable as they claim! My favorite Epcot Resort so far is the BC. Very romantic. Remember no matter where you stay, it will be great!

TwistGrl101
08-08-2012, 08:38 AM
If you can afford the extra $500, go for it!!!!

Mousemommy1
08-08-2012, 08:40 AM
I am planning a surprise trip for DH for our 10th anniversary.:hug:
We have talked about staying here several times, we love Epcot and seem to end up there for dinner nightly when at WDW. We love the boardwalk at night.

We normally stay at the mod's. We decided several years ago to stay mod's which allowed us to stay longer, and go more often. For us it was how much time do you really spend in the room, sleep, shower, get dressed... repeat.

But this is special event 10 years together, we started our married life by honeymooning at WDW, we stayed at the Poly, but I know I just can not afford that this time.

I priced it out, and it is a difference of about 500.00 dollars between the mod's and the Deluxe resort, So with that said. Is it worth it??

We are a family who always stayed at values, and then we decided to stay at WL last month. IMHO, there is a big difference between values and deluxes (and even mods and deluxes-we have stayed at CBR). When we stayed at values, yes....it was just a place to sleep and shower...and we wondered why we would pay so much extra to stay at WL....but WOW!!! When we got there, we knew it was worth it! We hung around the resort SOOOO much this past trip...even spending a whole day we had planned for the parks, because we wanted to stay at the resort for the day. :p

So, in our opinion, it would be worth it...and adds a whole other dimension to your experience. :goodvibes

mickeynut1
08-08-2012, 08:44 AM
As the pp said, only you can decide if it's worth it as worth is different to everybody. But with that said, if the extra cost is doable, I think the YC is definitely worth it :). We've never stayed at the YC (we are booked for our first stay in July 2013), but we've stayed at the BC and the location can't be beat. Being within walking distance to Epcot and DHS is so convenient and the boardwalk is great for nightly entertainment. I think the YC would be a great resort for an anniversary trip :goodvibes.

Pakey
08-08-2012, 09:55 AM
It would be rare on these boards for anyone to tell you that it's not worth it. I usually stay deluxe but I have stayed at a mod and a value also. At WDW, you are paying deluxe prices for location, not amenities. Only you can answer whether or not $500 for a better location is worth it.

We happen to love the Epcot area. If there was a mod or value with a 5 minute walk into the World Showcase, I'd be happy to pay less and stay in one of those hotels. However, there isn't.

When we stay in the Epcot area, we go into the World Showcase or to the Boardwalk every night. It's a more relaxed vacation.

elaw
08-08-2012, 10:17 AM

Yes ... IMHO, It's definitely worth it. A split stay between a Mod and the YC could also save a little $. In total, how many nights are you planning on staying?