PDA

View Full Version : question for experts about david's rentals; 2 rooms next door to each other possible?

jamioday001
08-07-2012, 11:27 PM
hi,
for those of you who have experience with david's rentals, do you think it is possible (i'm sure not probable?) that he would have two standard rooms next to each other? i.e. for family members not wanting to be too far away, trying to save money getting the two standard rooms versus a 2 bedroom villa. hoping this makes sense.
i see the various types of resorts/rooms he does business with but do not understand how many of each type he may have? or does it just depend on the timing?
thanks for all of your help as usual!

Lynne M
08-08-2012, 12:40 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by standard rooms. Disney Vacation Club resorts have several types of rooms: studios, 1 bedroom villas, 2 bedroom villas, and 3 bedroom villas (only at AKV, BLT, SSR, OKW, BWV).

If you're looking for 2 studios right next door to each other, some resorts have that. I know VWL has at least one pair of studios that are next door to one another. There are no studios that connect, though, if that makes a difference to you.

David has no control over what specific room you get; you can add that request to your reservation, and it may or may not be fulfilled. That's up to the room assigner at the resort, and they'll usually at least try to get your rooms near each other, if they can't find you two that are right next door.

Oh - I just wanted to add, David doesn't have an inventory of rooms. DVC doesn't work that way, owners don't own specific villas. They own points, which are used to 'pay' for villas. His business connects owners to people who want to rent from them. You give him your dates and the resort(s) that you'd be interested and the size of unit that you'd like, and he finds an owner who will make a reservation for you with their points.

cvjw
08-08-2012, 08:30 AM
We have had very mixed luck with getting villas close to each other. Only once have we had 2 villas next door to each other - at BWV one year. Our most recent experience with reserving 2 villas was at BLT, and we had 1 villa on the 11th floor, and one on the 4th floor. As PP stated, David does not own the villas, Disney does. All you can do is request that the 2 rooms be close, and have David call DVC to request it. It is really luck of the draw - it all depends on which villas will be available the day that you check in. I would be happy to have the 2 villas on the same floor, in the same general area of the resort.

dzorn
08-08-2012, 08:53 AM
It would only be a request. They may be close they may not be. No different than any room request. Sometimes they can meet them sometimes not.

Denise in MI

jamioday001
08-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Yes, instead of standard i do mean studios. Thanks for all of the information. :)
Oh and I understand now...I didn't realize that DVC members didn't own specific villas. Makes more sense now. Thanks.

Magic3forme
08-08-2012, 09:19 AM
It also depends on what resort you are staying at, and the time of year. Old Key West and Saratoga you may have a better chance because they are not always sold out as quickly at BLT. (BW )