PDA

View Full Version : PORS Can you give me some tips to get the hubby excited

PersonalizedMouse
08-07-2012, 10:56 PM
We almost didn't go to Disney this year. (DH, Me, DD8, DS9 and DS12) We were going to take a break due to finances. I figured out that we could swing the trip by choosing PORS instead of Boardwalk or Contemporary. DH is distressed by this. :idea:He LOVES Boardwalk. So do I but if it means going PORS or not going at all, its a no brainer for me and the kids.

Are there some things those of you who use it as your home resort can tell me. I've read the home thread, but are there some things we shouldn't miss. Ie DH likes the acts on the Boardwalk at night. Do they have any entertainment. Thanks so much. I don't think he's looking forward to it as much, so I want to make him see that this trip will be just as good-just different.

PS We are NEVER in the room:rotfl2::rotfl:

Missytara
08-08-2012, 03:04 AM
We almost didn't go to Disney this year. (DH, Me, DD8, DS9 and DS12) We were going to take a break due to finances. I figured out that we could swing the trip by choosing PORS instead of Boardwalk or Contemporary. DH is distressed by this. :idea:He LOVES Boardwalk. So do I but if it means going PORS or not going at all, its a no brainer for me and the kids.

Are there some things those of you who use it as your home resort can tell me. I've read the home thread, but are there some things we shouldn't miss. Ie DH likes the acts on the Boardwalk at night. Do they have any entertainment. Thanks so much. I don't think he's looking forward to it as much, so I want to make him see that this trip will be just as good-just different.

PS We are NEVER in the room:rotfl2::rotfl:

Yee-hah Bob performs Wed - Sat nights from 8 pm to midnight. He loves audience participation and recognizes people in the crowd for special occasions. I go see him every night on most trips.

He has a website.

wdwrich
08-08-2012, 11:01 AM
POR is a wonderful resort with lovely grounds. As a PP mentioned, Ye-Haw Bob's show in the piano bar is not to be missed. The boat to DTD is great too.

Also, you can still spend some time hanging out at the Boardwalk even if you're not staying there. Our favorite resort is the Poly, but it's not always in the budget. Even when staying elsewhere at WDW, we always spend a few evenings at the Poly for dinner, drinks, etc.