PDA

View Full Version : which day for SW in Oct?

sahoenshell1218
08-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Planning a trip in October, and wondering which scenario will be better for us to see and do as much as we can (without rushing from here to there): a weekday with park open 9am-6pm, or a weekend with park open 9am-8pm but dealing with heavy crowds from the Halloween Spooktacular?

Thanks!

KBF
08-05-2012, 12:44 AM
Planning a trip in October, and wondering which scenario will be better for us to see and do as much as we can (without rushing from here to there): a weekday with park open 9am-6pm, or a weekend with park open 9am-8pm but dealing with heavy crowds from the Halloween Spooktacular?

Thanks!

Depends how much your family enjoys Halloween. If you have young kids, then I would definitely do a Halloween Spooktakular day. There is trick or treating, activities for kids, a special Halloween Elmo show, a special night time Shamu show called Shamu Rocks and much more. Kids can even come dressed in a costume. All the activities are included with park admission.

If you have older kids or adults mainly in your group, then I would go with a weekday when it's slower.

mickieKK18
08-06-2012, 01:38 AM

Thanks!

We were debateing the exact same thing a month ago. It really depends on if you have kids and if there younger or not. Me and my mom are going in October as well and going on A weekend to avoid the spooktacular crowds and little kids. You said without rushing from here to there so it sounds exactly like us so maybe shorter might be better