PDA

View Full Version : 1 bedroom suite with 2 queens? Seems rare..

sksjasams
08-04-2012, 10:27 AM
I am looking again for a place for us to stay January 19-26, 2013.

I had decided on Homewood Suites, but then a fellow Dis'er advised me that they just stayed there and it was not very clean and looking run-down. Recent negative review on tripadvisor too.

Caribe Royale and Buena Vista Suites have one bedroom suites with 2 queens but no window in the living room and small fridge.

Then I found Staybridge Suites, which looks very nice and is being renovated, but they only have king one bedrooms and the 2 bedroom are very pricey...more than I really want to spend.

I really do not want to stay at a timeshare, condo, townhouse, etc. We never travel, and are really looking forward to staying in a hotel.

Ideally, we would like a one bedroom suite with 2 queens and a separate living room. Really prefer free breakfast. Mini kitchen or at least a microwave and good size fridge with freezer compartment. Window (or balcony) in the living room. I would like to stay below $120/night if possible.

Thank you for your suggestions and help!!

Brian Noble
08-04-2012, 11:27 AM
We never travel, and are really looking forward to staying in a hotel.
What about a hotel (vs. a timeshare) are you looking forward to?

sksjasams
08-04-2012, 12:19 PM
What about a hotel (vs. a timeshare) are you looking forward to?

Gosh, that's a good question..

I guess housekeeping, free breakfast, smaller complex, all rooms being the same as far as finishes (not worrying if you get an old room or new room). I don't know..it seems like a timeshare would feel more like an apartment.

Eliza32
08-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Springhill Suites at the Marriott Village, Little Lake Bryan????? Showing 179 per night for your stay at the moment, but I have seen cheaper closer to travel time. We've stayed at the Fairfield on the same site, and it was great. Food Court on site and Bahama Breeze and Golden Corral in the car park. Publix 5 mins away.

Brian Noble
08-04-2012, 12:58 PM
I guess housekeeping, free breakfast, smaller complex, all rooms being the same as far as finishes (not worrying if you get an old room or new room). I don't know..it seems like a timeshare would feel more like an apartment.

Of these, housekeeping is probably the biggest issue. You'll have to decide if you are willing to pay what it takes to get it---your other requirements are all a lot easier to accomplish in a timeshare, and many of the better ones are really quite nice.

swilshire
08-04-2012, 02:41 PM
I would never choose a hotel room over a condo. I spend plenty of time in both types of rooms. The free breakfast in a hotel works for me and my son, but my husband would rather be in a condo and make what he calls a "real breakfast". I don't need or want daily housekeeping. There are large and small timeshare complexes.

A one bedroom Residence Inn might meet your requirements. When you reserve, you can select either a single king bed or two doubles or queeens. We usually go for the king and throw the kids on the sofa bed. We all sleep better that way.

Sheila