PDA

View Full Version : orange lakes..east village

luvdisney14
07-26-2012, 02:48 PM
Where are these located? Are they high rise? What kind of pool area?

Straitlover
07-26-2012, 03:59 PM
When I stayed there back in 2003, east village was all high rise and they had a smallish pool. I think theyr were still builidng in that section. Since then, they've built that River Island waterpark area, so you have more water options. Not sure about any accomodations in that area because I haven't been back.

Detailor
07-26-2012, 07:11 PM
The East Village is located in the northeast (or back, right) corner of Orange Lake resort above the River Island Village. Its buildings are, if I remember correctly, five or six story buildings set around four or five holes of one of Orange Lake's golf courses. The pool that was serving the East Village when we last stayed at Orange Lake (2004, I think) isn't there anymore - it's been replaced by two much larger pool areas. The golf clubhouse is incorporated within East Village and there's a sit-down restaurant located there. The East Village abuts the part of Disney property that includes Animal Kingdom.

I don't know if it's true today but several years ago some people who stayed at OLCC's East Village complained about the occasional smell from a Disney sewage plant.

Dick Taylor

JeRmS
07-26-2012, 08:40 PM
Just stayed at Orange Lake last week, LOVE IT. Although we stayed in the River Island area the whole property is nice. I would definitely recommend asking for availability in the River Island area though if you can because the best of the pools is literally right out the back doors of those buildings.

They also have an area in the back of River Island that has one of those HUGE blow up water slides, a Bungee Jump trampoline type thing and a rock wall ... all of this is extra $$$ of course but they have "deal" packages you can buy.

We go to Orlando pretty much every year for a week and we have stayed at many a place, Orange Lake is by far one of it not the best places we stay at.