PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans Question

Dimplenose
07-25-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm currently doing research (i.e. planning without a date) into a trip to POFQ.

I keep coming across references to puns in the road signs and I have seen photos of one or two that are quite amusing but most articles I've read keep saying that "Rue D'Baga" is the best. But I don't get it. :confused:

I've tried saying it out loud, reading it as Rudy Baga doesn't help me either. Can anyone explian what I'm missing?

Dan in AL
07-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Rutabaga
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the Drosophila gene, see Rutabaga (gene). For similar vegetables also called "turnip", see Turnip (disambiguation).
Rutabaga

Scientific classification
Kingdom: Plantae
(unranked): Angiosperms
(unranked): Eudicots
(unranked): Rosids
Order: Brassicales
Family: Brassicaceae
Genus: Brassica
Species: B. napobrassica
Binomial name
Brassica napobrassica
(L.) Mill.
The rutabaga, swede (from Swedish turnip)[1], turnip or yellow turnip (Brassica napobrassica, or Brassica napus var. napobrassica, or Brassica napus subsp. rapifera) is a root vegetable that originated as a cross between the cabbage and the turnip; see Triangle of U. The roots are prepared for food in a variety of ways, and its leaves can also be eaten as a leaf vegetable.

Dimplenose
07-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Thank you so much, I've never come across that word before. :)

darthtatty
07-26-2012, 02:37 AM
youve never watched Winnie the pooh then ;)
Rabbit is always planting them in his garden

Dimplenose
07-27-2012, 01:31 AM
Actually, you're right - I've not seen much Disney Winnie-the-Pooh. The most I've seen was on Disneytime as a child (I used to love that programme at Bank Holidays.)

There definitely wasn't any rutabaga in the original books (there wasn't a gopher either! :))

Still I'm pleased to now know what everyone is referring to.