PDA

View Full Version : Florida Deluxe Villas Groupon Deal??? Scam???

shawy1269
07-21-2012, 10:01 PM
Has anyone heard of this company before, Florida Deluxe Villas? A friend sent me a link to the groupon. The groupon website says that over 300 have sold, but I can find very little info about the company besides their website. Apparently they're a broker of some sort for rental home owners. They have 4 options to choose from starting with
two nights in a two or three bedroom condo (up to 8 ppl)$156
three nights " " $234
two nights up to 6 people in a townhome $249
three nights" " in a luxury townhome $379

Its a great deal, but im having trouble pulling the trigger because I cant find a review of the company anywhere.

If you google the company you will see the groupon right there at the top.

TrustedTraveler
07-22-2012, 01:17 PM
No hard answers, just an opinion: Groupon requires the vendor offer a big discount, then they take about half of what is left. It's great for a business that really needs new customers and are willing to give stuff away in order to get them.
My concerns would be:
You don't know where the rental unit is, what configuration or amenities.
These are not apt to be the most popular or the closest since that are trying to fill up their calendar 2 and 3 days at a time. The management company mentions in their info for owners that they book tour groups.
So, it might be a great deal, it might be a bust, much would depend on your expectations
I'm often willing to take a chance on special offers, but I would pass on this one.