PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet Creek vs. Windsor Hills

asmit4
07-21-2012, 06:39 PM
It seems everyone loves BC and WH. Why do YOU love either location/spot? What makes each better to you. This time around it will be me, my mom and my 20 month old son (first time at DW:cheer2:) I'm debating btwn the 2 and wondering what your thoughts are. In addition, is there anywhere else you'd suggest looking? Close proximity to the parks is a must- WH and BC seem to be in great locations.

sazzifrazz
07-21-2012, 09:16 PM
Thank you for asking this.... I have the same questions

staceywj
07-22-2012, 09:01 AM
We just booked BC but have stayed at Windsor Hills two years ago. My main reason for never booking there again is that we had a horrible bug experience. We checked in late and the private cleaning company did not want to come out 11:00 pm to assist us due to the time. So, my DH had to go to the store to buy bug spray. The next day the co. came but I was left with a bad feeling. I understand everywhere can get bugs, etc. but feel safer in BC.

mikkiwikki
07-22-2012, 09:37 AM
We just booked BC but have stayed at Windsor Hills two years ago. My main reason for never booking there again is that we had a horrible bug experience. We checked in late and the private cleaning company did not want to come out 11:00 pm to assist us due to the time. So, my DH had to go to the store to buy bug spray. The next day the co. came but I was left with a bad feeling. I understand everywhere can get bugs, etc. but feel safer in BC.

Wow ...that is really too bad.
We did not have that experience at WH. Our units have been exceptionally clean. We will be going there again in 2 weeks and cannot wait. I guess It really depends on the condo owner as to how they deal with these situations. I wouldnt let an experience with one condo owner color the entire establishment. I would think the same thing could happen at Bonnet Creek. Anyways I've never been to Bonnet Creek so cannot really give an opinion on that. We love WH :love: (you can see my 2011 TR for our experience)

Teacher03
07-22-2012, 09:54 AM
We've stayed at both WH and BC...both were beautiful,clean, close to parks...but we prefer BC. We liked having multiple pools to choose from, we liked the lazy river, and the fact that there were restaurants onsite,...BC had more of a "resort" feel. Plus our three bedroom condo was less at BC that at WH. But I don't think you would be disappointed in either.

mossy1
07-22-2012, 10:03 AM
I have stayed at WH many times and had great trips. BC seems very nice and I am thinking my next family stay will be there just to try something different. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. My only downside thoughts are traffic will be a little heavier when returning to BC depending on your travel season. That and I have heard about the timeshare "calls". Not really a deal breaker for me. My downside to WH is their gate system. I appreciate that they have such a system, but it can cause back ups at especially busy times of the day. There are so many nice options to choose from in the area. Not just BC or WH. Best of luck with what ever you decide!!!

sazzifrazz
07-22-2012, 06:38 PM
The only draw back I can see (and I could be totally wrong) is that BC doesn't have townhouses with your own private splash pool.

Also, Im having a hard time finding any units that are bigger than a 2 bedroom, but cost the same as a WH townhouse ($100-$130 a night). Is BC just a much more expensive place?

softballmom3
07-22-2012, 11:19 PM
Have stayed at WH and loved it. Beautiful resort. Stayed in a 3 bedroom TH w/ splash pool. We thought we would like to stay onsite this year (we stayed at POR last yr) but I do believe we are going to probably head to WH again due to space, very nice, in-laws coming and going to Universal. I loved the gate system. We didn't have any back-up when we went but I can see where you could, especially at busy times. Whatever you decide I'm sure you will be happy :). I checked BC and WH was cheaper overall as I won't use BC shuttles. We will drive in.