PDA

View Full Version : Not sure where to post. Tampa Beach Hotel

DelaneyJ
07-18-2012, 08:17 PM
We are looking at doing a split stay at disney for 5 nights and then a tampa bay area beach resort for 4 nights. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of a great family resort at Clearwater, St. Petes etc? I have NO idea where to stay. What is the best beach etc? Please help me or point me in the right direction. Thank you so much. FYI.. we are moderate/deluxe disney people if that helps narrow down the hotel choices. :goodvibes

MattM
07-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Don Caesar in St Pete Beach is fantastic, and at a little lower price point the Hilton Clearwater Beach is a nice resort.

ttfn3
07-19-2012, 07:17 AM
We have stayed at the Marriott Sand Key - nice suite hotel with free parking. It's a bridge over from Clearwater Beach, so you can easily drive or take the trolley over to explore the busy beach area.

MarcyMouse
07-19-2012, 07:58 PM
The Don Cesar at St Pete Beach is gorgeous and right on the beach. We got this through priceline at a very good rate. The Tradewinds at St Pete beach is another great family resort. We love that beach- very quiet and the water was warm and calm.

joe1946
07-20-2012, 10:04 PM
We stayed at the Beach House Suites

http://www.beachhousesuites.com/

kathy884
07-21-2012, 02:21 AM
In June, we stayed at this little family run place at Clearwater Beach call Sea Captain Resort // loved it. It was right across the street from Clearwater beach. We had views of the marina and the boats there.

Here's my Trip Advisor review and a link to other trip advisor reviews and details. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

"I wasn't expecting much staying at an older low rise non chain motel less than 1/2 the price of a room at the Hyatt, but this place really pleasantly surprised me. They've done a nice job of keeping this older property in good shape. We loved the little pool area. Although you don't have a private balcony there is a shared big balcony with tables and chairs which was wonderful for sitting out with view of the water and marina. Beds were comfy. Air kept us cool. It was nice to have a suite with a little kitchenette. The location in particular was great -- quick walk to the marina, Clearwater beach, the pier, Crabby Bill's resturant, and the tour boats for dolphin watching. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and would recommend the property to family and friends. I laughed when I first saw the name Sea Captain's Resort -- thought what little motel would call itself a resort, but my stay was so pleasant and delightful at this well located place that I felt like I was staying at a little resort. "

We paid a little over $150 a night for suite with two queens in the bedroom, a little kitchette, and another little room with hydabed couch, TV, coffee table, etc.

It's a very popular choice with TripAdvisor reviewers. Most of the other guests I talked to during our stay were repeat visitors who have made annual visits there for the last 10 to 15 years and consider it to be the best choice in the area from a quality/price standpoint.

Here is a link to all the Trip Advisor reviews.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34141-d84264-Reviews-Sea_Captain_Resort_on_the_Bay-Clearwater_Florida.html

I prefer Clearwater Beach to St. Petes beach -- It's a big wide beach, great soft sand, lots of action and things going on. I personally like a beach with a lot of activity more than a quite secluded beach, and that's why Clearwater Beach is a favorite of mine. I know different people have different preferences.