PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants for grownups between MCO and Sheraton Vistana Villages?

MrsDarling
07-12-2012, 10:21 AM
I'm going with a friend to WDW this fall, staying at the Sheraton Vistana Villages. Our plane will be getting in a bit late (~7:30pm), and by the time we pick up our rental car and hit the road, it's going to be late enough that we'll want to just grab some dinner and head over to the VV.

We won't have any kids with us on this trip, so family-friendly is not an imperative.

We're willing to pay for a nice restaurant as long as we won't feel uncomfortable because we're casually dressed.
We are reasonably adventurous eaters, but tasty mainstream fare is A-OK, too.

Where would be a good place to go for dinner that's not too much of a detour when we're coming from the airport?

bankr63
07-12-2012, 11:28 AM
I'm going with a friend to WDW this fall, staying at the Sheraton Vistana Villages. Our plane will be getting in a bit late (~7:30pm), and by the time we pick up our rental car and hit the road, it's going to be late enough that we'll want to just grab some dinner and head over to the VV.

We won't have any kids with us on this trip, so family-friendly is not an imperative.

We're willing to pay for a nice restaurant as long as we won't feel uncomfortable because we're casually dressed.
We are reasonably adventurous eaters, but tasty mainstream fare is A-OK, too.

Where would be a good place to go for dinner that's not too much of a detour when we're coming from the airport?

I would suggest one of the restaurants along Sand Lake Rd in the Dr Phillips area. Cantina Laredo for classy Mexican is a personal fav., and Seasons 52 is a favorite of many here for healthy eating. You can google both for location and menu.

The Orlando Sentinel has a good restaurant section - check out their guide to restaurant row (i.e. Sand Lake). Sand Lake is a very quick detour if you take the North side route from the airport. Maybe a few blocks of extra driving.

A bit closer to the resort and very quick and casual would be the Panera Bread at 8600 Vineland. I don't like a heavy meal late at night, so that is a good choice for a modest meal.

Have fun!