PDA

View Full Version : best cheapy cheapy hotel to stay in

grumpy&princess
07-09-2012, 08:05 PM
we are going in december and wanted nothing fancy. i just want a place to lay my head. I dont use a pool, and dont care about amenities just want a really cheap place to sleep since there is 8 of us going i know i need 2 rooms.

Candleshoe
07-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Why not try Priceline? :)

houseful of boys
07-09-2012, 09:47 PM
I highly recommend clarion inn lake Buena vista. Often, they will run specials for under $60/night. I've stayed here a couple of times, and have always had success.

Candleshoe
07-09-2012, 10:27 PM
I just happen to be reading a Trip Report on easyWDW (http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showthread.php?5543-5-days-at-Disney-and-3-days-at-Universal-My-April-2012-Photo-Trip-Report).

Here's an except (because it's picture heavy and you may not want to look through it).

we arrived at the Hotel we would be spending the next 9 nights in. The Baymont Inn and Suites Celebration. We stayed at this hotel last year and really enjoyed it. Yeah its not perfect but its also not a dump. We also got it for only $35 a night booked thru hotwire.com so you can't go wrong with the price ether. In all the room only cost us like $360.

But you really SHOULD look through it because there are some really cute pictures in there. :goodvibes

grumpy&princess
07-09-2012, 11:32 PM
How about the Days Inn & Suites Clermont? Has anyone stayed there? I can get both rooms for a total of $600

Sparkie
07-10-2012, 02:46 AM
We stayed at the Rodeway Inn for $26/night. (including continential breakfast for 4 adults)

Now, I know what you are thinking.... but really it was clean. The rooms were very basic and about the size of rooms at Disney Value resorts. Beds were full size, mattresses were a little firm. The biggest perk.... going out of the hotel.... take a left, go 2 red lights, take a left, and you are on Disney property at Hotel Boulevard heading toward Downtown Disney.

We are staying there again this summer. The summer rate was $28/night.

Just google Rodeway Inn Kissimmee.

StuckInKS
07-10-2012, 06:12 AM
We stayed at the Best Western in Kissimmee for a few nights on our 2010 trip and, for $33/night, we were pleasantly surprised. It was clean, the rooms were decently sized (I think they were bigger than Disney values), they had a restaurant (2 kids eat free with paid adult) that serves a full breakfast buffet and an arcade for the kids. There was also a pretty decent sized pool, but we didn't swim. I think we got it off of Hotwire.

Edit to add: the front desk staff were very nice and helpful.

doris1976
07-10-2012, 06:31 AM
The farther south you go down 192 in Kissimmee from I-4, the cheaper the hotel. Some of these are around 17 to 20 night. Look online, find a map, and good luck.

anorman
07-10-2012, 07:10 AM
Why not try the Seralago in Kissimmee. We stayed here a couple of years ago and loved it. I would happily go back there again. Nice pools. Loved the very reasonably priced breakfast buffet. The rooms were clean and had a small kitchenette complete with fridge and microwave. We had a great stay! They even have kids suites with a separate room that can accommodate 3 children if you have kids with you. Check it out on their website http://www.seralagohotel.com/index.php

nessz79
07-10-2012, 01:27 PM
If you'll be at Universal, Days Inn International is very close. It's definitely run-down, but I found it tolerable. We have paid as little as $29/night.