PDA

View Full Version : Hotel near Seaworld?

penny28380
07-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Looking for a reasonably priced hotel near Sea World for this Fri. and Sat nite. Any suggestions? Thanks!

jlevis
07-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Looking for a reasonably priced hotel near Sea World for this Fri. and Sat nite. Any suggestions? Thanks!

There are a number of hotels in the area as it is close to the convention center, Sea World and Disney. Reasonable is a relative term. We have stayed at the Renissance and you can't get closer to Sea World that that. I don't remember what we've paid there but you might try one of the aggrigators like Priceline or expedia.

kathy884
07-09-2012, 08:40 PM
We love the Hilton Garden Inn right next to the Renaissance Hotel. Clean, friendly, cute little pool and hot tub, reasonably priced room service, and walking distance to Sea World. Great place -- have stayed there twice for two little mini trips.

Grumpy92
07-10-2012, 11:39 AM
The Doubletree Resort at SW is wonderful. We really enjoyed the tower rooms. The higher you are the better the SW fireworks. Very good Breakfast buffet and they offer lots of room discounts.

Detailor
07-10-2012, 12:06 PM
There are several options in the immediate SeaWorld area. Off the top of my mind are the following, but I may be missing a couple of others in the general neighborhood...

Renaissance Orlando Resort is across the street from the SeaWorld parking lot - probably the most expensive option of the area hotels but, IMO, the nicest as well.

Hilton Garden Inn is a few yards further away, across a side street and a bit behind the Renaissance.

There's a Marriott Residence Inn, off Westwood Boulevard, about a mile from SeaWorld.

There's a SpringHill Suites on International Drive adjacent to the SeaWorld property and a Fairfield Inn across I-Drive from the SpringHill. And that Doubletree a bit further up I-Drive but still quite close to SeaWorld.

And several other hotels of varying prices up in the Convention Center area.

Dick Taylor

Hidadsoup
07-10-2012, 01:08 PM
We like Hampton Inn Windover dr. Usually 90$ for a pair of queens and free breakfast.

srferson
07-10-2012, 01:18 PM
We wanted to stay within walking distance. (Had to be there at their gates at 6:30 our first morning.)

Made a reservation at the Hilton Garden Inn. I did not like what we saw of it. It seemed very poorly maintained. Peeling wallpaper and paint. Stains on the bedskirt (and bedspread or sheets I think). Found other people's hair in the room... Decided to check out after a couple of hours. The front desk staff we very nice though.

Renaissance looked really nice, but was too pricey.

We ended up at the Doubletree and liked it a lot. Reasonable price and was clean. There are a lot of outdoor activities there if I recall correctly. I know we saw a huge bouncy castle style water slide being blown up a couple of days. We don't have kids and DH was sick, so we didn't do much outside the room, but it seemed like a fun little place. We'd stay there again.