PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Dis Exclusive BackstageMagic Adventure 6/9 - 6/14/13

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

DisneyKevin
06-22-2012, 10:19 AM
We are off to California for another exciting Dis Exclusive Backstage Magic Adventure.

The dates for this Adventure are 6/9 - 6/14/13.

The cost of this Adventure is

$3499 single traveler
$2499 per person based on double occupancy
$2378 child

Here are the list of Participants:

Christy - Chropistopy
Cheryl - Cherylbug
Lori - BriarRosie
Kim - kgibbler20
Mary Ann - Kim's Mom
Rory - Roryh22
Melanie - Disneygrl36
Eric - Melanie's Husband
Peter - skier_pete
Ulana - ukeemom
Angie - ymxbfalcon
Toni - Disneykiwi
Christine - Brightie
Adam PumpkinPilot
Kat - longwaybycarriage
Matt - DarthVader92
Nancy - starwood
Michele - Michele&Jessica
Jessica - Michele&Jessica
Lisa - Lee Disney
John - Lisa's Hubby
Mandy -
Phillip
Keith - rkdahl
Leah
Lindsay
Kathryn
Cathy - rkdahl's wife
Pete - WebmasterPete
Dustin
Shaun
William
Craig

If you are interested in adding your name to the List of Participants, just send me an email at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.

Chropistopy
06-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Yay! A couple of more familiar faces...Karen - I'm so glad that you and Kaye are on the trip as well. I thought that Jason and I (and of course K&J and P&W) were the only double dippers next year. Quite a few people that I'll get to see at least twice next year. :banana: Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones on this trip!!

apurplebrat
06-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Yay! A couple of more familiar faces...Karen - I'm so glad that you and Kaye are on the trip as well. I thought that Jason and I (and of course K&J and P&W) were the only double dippers next year. Quite a few people that I'll get to see at least twice next year. :banana: Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones on this trip!!

I'm so excited to do the BSM trips next year. I just need to tell my mom we're going. John & Kevin did a great job Sunday telling her all the great stuff on BSM.

kgibbler20
06-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Hey everyone! I'm Kim and my mom is Mary Ann! We are so excited for this trip. It's her first time ever to California and the first time I get to go for fun. I go every year to a meeting out there but all I have ever seen is the San Francisco airport and the hotel we stay at.

I'm excited to spend the year hopefully getting to know ya'll and then spend this amazing time with new friends!

BriarRosie
06-22-2012, 02:36 PM

I'm so excited to do the BSM trips next year. I just need to tell my mom we're going. John & Kevin did a great job Sunday telling her all the great stuff on BSM.

Look at you lucky ducks! I can't believe how many of you are doing BOTH trips! Well, I shouldn't be surprised about Jason. Hasn't he done this trip more than anyone other than Pete and Walter? :rotfl2: You will love Disneyland at Christmas. The Haunted Mansion and Small World overlays are wonderful.

In addition to all of you, I'm having a mini-reunion with Melanie and Eric. We met doing this tour in December 2008.

Hey everyone! I'm Kim and my mom is Mary Ann! We are so excited for this trip. It's her first time ever to California and the first time I get to go for fun. I go every year to a meeting out there but all I have ever seen is the San Francisco airport and the hotel we stay at.

I'm excited to spend the year hopefully getting to know ya'll and then spend this amazing time with new friends!

Hi Kim! You'll love it. Welcome!

JWren1234
06-22-2012, 06:40 PM

Look at you lucky ducks! I can't believe how many of you are doing BOTH trips! Well, I shouldn't be surprised about Jason. Hasn't he done this trip more than anyone other than Pete and Walter? :rotfl2: You will love Disneyland at Christmas. The Haunted Mansion and Small World overlays are wonderful.

Very excited to be on both of the trips! I could really go for some of the fruit infused water that they serve in the lobby of the hotel in Hollywood (it'll always be the Renaissance to me) right now!

Jason

BriarRosie
06-22-2012, 11:05 PM
Very excited to be on both of the trips! I could really go for some of the fruit infused water that they serve in the lobby of the hotel in Hollywood (it'll always be the Renaissance to me) right now!

Jason

There are things I think I'd do differently this time around. I might need to find out what info you had gleaned from doing this trip so often. The most spontaneous thing I did on mine I'd do in a heartbeat again if the stars aligned. Kathy Griffin was doing a show at the Theater Formerly Known as Kodak on the welcome dinner night. My friend and I went, and it was fantastic.

Disneygrl36
06-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Hi everybody. This will be our 2nd ABD BSM trip. We did this trip in Dec 2008 & want to do it again with everything new out in California. Can't wait to meet everyone. It will by myself & my husband Eric.

JWren1234
06-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Hi everybody. This will be our 2nd ABD BSM trip. We did this trip in Dec 2008 & want to do it again with everything new out in California. Can't wait to meet everyone. It will by myself & my husband Eric.

Hi Melanie,

I really enjoyed your trip report from your last BSM! I read it before I went on my first one in Apr 2010, and it really helped me to prepare!

Jason

BriarRosie
06-23-2012, 03:45 PM

Yay, you made it to the discussion! :hug:

And if any of you doubt how powerful the network of the DIS is, I met Melanie and Eric on a prior BSM tour. I also met a bunch of foodies from the Restaurants board. One of them was on the same cruise as Melanie last fall, was it? Anyway, Melanie had seen pics of the couple I knew and introduced herself as "a friend of Lori". I thought that was very cool.

Chropistopy
06-25-2012, 03:27 PM

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all over the next year! This will also be my 2nd ABD BSM trip. It will have been a few years since my last trip by the time this one rolls around. I'm really looking forward to visiting Disneyland with all the recent changes that have been happening.

kgibbler20
06-25-2012, 04:40 PM
All you experienced BSMers....

I would love to hear about anything I need to know. I'm a compulsive planner but I have gotten it through my head that I don't have to for this trip…

So if there are any tips about what to pack or whatever I would love to hear all about it.

Chropistopy
06-25-2012, 07:25 PM
All you experienced BSMers....

I would love to hear about anything I need to know. I'm a compulsive planner but I have gotten it through my head that I don't have to for this trip…

So if there are any tips about what to pack or whatever I would love to hear all about it.

Look at the daily itinerary on the ABD website...on the Hollywood days there is some free time (but not much). If you like to plan, then plan those times. I know you won't have any trouble filling up the time on the DLR days. ;) ABD really packs in the schedule...even if you only do the ABD items, then you won't have one day that is not filled with wonderful activities.

I recommend coming in a day early (if possible). It's nice to have a buffer day to get on the right schedule (even if it is only 3 hours) before the adventure begins.

As far as packing, bring what you would for any trip to a Disney park. You may want to bring a couple of dressy casual outfits. You may want to dress up a little for the welcome and farewell dinners. That being said, if you want to wear your typical park clothes, then you most likely won't be the only one. There really is not a strict dress code or anything.

skier_pete
06-26-2012, 11:08 AM
We (DW and I) want in on the trip! Been waiting a few years to be able to do it. I sent Kevin an e-mail, hopefully there's room for two more (DD is going to not be happy when we leave her behind.)

kgibbler20
06-26-2012, 11:25 AM
We (DW and I) want in on the trip! Been waiting a few years to be able to do it. I sent Kevin an e-mail, hopefully there's room for two more (DD is going to not be happy when we leave her behind.)

Looks like we are only about 1/2 full.... hope you can make it on!!!!!!!

Disneygrl36
06-27-2012, 07:39 AM
Hi Melanie,

I really enjoyed your trip report from your last BSM! I read it before I went on my first one in Apr 2010, and it really helped me to prepare!

Jason
Thanks Jason. I am glad it helped. I really enjoyed writing about my experiences & thought it was my Once in a Lifetime trip & here we are doing it again.:rotfl:

Yay, you made it to the discussion! :hug:

And if any of you doubt how powerful the network of the DIS is, I met Melanie and Eric on a prior BSM tour. I also met a bunch of foodies from the Restaurants board. One of them was on the same cruise as Melanie last fall, was it? Anyway, Melanie had seen pics of the couple I knew and introduced herself as "a friend of Lori". I thought that was very cool.
Let's all sing it together now......It's a Small World After All. :rotfl: I am excited to get to see you again Lori & to meet all the new friends that I know we will make on our new adventure.

kgibbler20
06-27-2012, 07:52 AM
Thanks Jason. I am glad it helped. I really enjoyed writing about my experiences & thought it was my Once in a Lifetime trip & here we are doing it again.:rotfl:

Do you have a link to this report Lori? I would love to read it!!

BriarRosie
06-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Do you have a link to this report Lori? I would love to read it!!

Well, Melanie wrote the report. I just guest starred in a supporting role. ;)

This was the Backstage Magic trip from December, 2008.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2035488

skier_pete
06-28-2012, 05:02 AM

Looks like we are only about 1/2 full.... hope you can make it on!!!!!!!

I got through to Kevin and left him my CC information through the Dreams Unlimited site, so hopefully I'm in.

This will be our first ever ABD trip. Truth is the cost is a stretch for our normal vacation budget, but I've wanted to sign up since they started doing them with the DIS, so I'm going to find a way. We are ditching our 9-year old DD @ home because we (1) really can't afford 3 people and (2) not sure she'd ready for this trip - i.e. not ready to have the "magic" spoiled. We will downplay the Disney connection with her quite a bit. This will actually be our first full-length vacation without her. (We've dropped her with my parents in Pheonix and went skiing for 3 days in Tahoe a couple of times.) We'll make it up to her in the fall of 2013 with a WDW trip.

Anyways, looking forward to getting to know / meet a bunch of new DISers! Really the best on-line community there is.

SkierPete

DisneyKevin
06-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Hey Pete,

I have officially added you and Ulana to the list!

Welcome to the Adventure!

Kevin

skier_pete
06-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Hey Pete,

Kevin

Do I get to do a banana dance?

Oh yeah! :banana:

Chropistopy
07-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Hey Pete,

Kevin

Welcome Pete & Ulana!!

Cherylbug
07-02-2012, 07:59 AM
Hi guys! Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. My name is Cheryl and I am Christy's cousin. I will be "tagging" along with her on this trip. I'm beyond excited!!!! :banana: Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Chropistopy
07-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Hi guys! Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. My name is Cheryl and I am Christy's cousin. I will be "tagging" along with her on this trip. I'm beyond excited!!!! :banana: Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Yay! Cheryl made it to the thread! :yay:

JWren1234
07-02-2012, 03:58 PM

Welcome Cheryl! Backstage Magic is an incredible trip!

Jason

JWren1234
07-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Do I get to do a banana dance?

Oh yeah! :banana:

Welcome Pete and Ulana!

Jason

DisneyKevin
07-02-2012, 06:19 PM
While it seems that this party has already started....let's make it official!

Please welcome Cheryl to our Adventure (officially:thumbsup2)

WOOHOO!

DisneyKevin
07-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Another official decree!!!!!

Let's welcome Angie to our Adventure!!!

I don't know Angie's board name...but I'm sure I will soon.

Woohoo!!!

ymxbfalcon
07-02-2012, 06:53 PM

Woohoo!!!

Thanks, Kevin. :goodvibes My name is Angie, and after four years of rather obsessively reading the boards, I'm finally "de-lurking." I'm excited to be joining you all on this trip. While I've visited DisneyWorld six times in the last four years, I haven't been to Disneyland since I was ten years old. I'm looking forward to a fun year of planning and of getting to know everyone!

DisneyKevin
07-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Thanks, Kevin. :goodvibes My name is Angie, and after four years of rather obsessively reading the boards, I'm finally "de-lurking." I'm excited to be joining you all on this trip. While I've visited DisneyWorld six times in the last four years, I haven't been to Disneyland since I was ten years old. I'm looking forward to a fun year of planning and of getting to know everyone!

I think it's awesome that your first post was here!!!!

I have added your board name to the list.

No, you are really official:cool1:

Chropistopy
07-02-2012, 07:00 PM
While it seems that this party has already started....let's make it official!

Please welcome Cheryl to our Adventure (officially:thumbsup2)

WOOHOO!

Woohoo!!!

Welcome (officially)! While I know Cheryl quite well (all good things ;)), I look forward to getting to know you over the next year, Angie!

kgibbler20
07-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Welcome to the new additions!!!

I am going to Hawaii this fall and I really think I'm more excited about this trip. How awesome it is going to be to build friendships that lead to a group vacation in the original park!

skier_pete
07-02-2012, 07:53 PM

Hey Angie! Just wanted to say I love your BRILLIANT Gonzo quote in your signature. I have some "old friends" I've never "met" on the boards already, and look forward to meeting some more on this trip! (Seems like there's quite a few lurkers on the trip list as I see a lot of low post counts...and a few high ones.)

Also - glad to see a few others signing up that haven't done the trip before...I was hoping we wouldn't be the only newbs amongst a bunch of "repeat offenders".

Cherylbug
07-03-2012, 07:27 AM
Yay!! I'm officially part of the party!! Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes.:hug:

Disneygrl36
07-03-2012, 07:36 AM
Woohoo!!!!! Our group is growing!

ymxbfalcon
07-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Thanks for all of the "welcomes" from everyone. Between appearing on the "official" list on this thread and the deposit amount showing up on my online credit card statement, this trip is starting to feel a lot more real.

Welcome to the new additions!!!

I am going to Hawaii this fall and I really think I'm more excited about this trip. How awesome it is going to be to build friendships that lead to a group vacation in the original park!

Hawaii sounds like a lot of fun! My plans for the fall mainly revolve around teaching middle school students about fractions, so I'm just a little bit jealous.

Hey Angie! Just wanted to say I love your BRILLIANT Gonzo quote in your signature. I have some "old friends" I've never "met" on the boards already, and look forward to meeting some more on this trip! (Seems like there's quite a few lurkers on the trip list as I see a lot of low post counts...and a few high ones.)

Also - glad to see a few others signing up that haven't done the trip before...I was hoping we wouldn't be the only newbs amongst a bunch of "repeat offenders".

Thanks! I'm a firm believer that there's much wisdom to be found in the words of the muppets.

We do seem to have a lot of ABD veterans on this trip; I'm hoping that those of us who are new to this will benefit from their experience. I find it encouraging that so many people seem to want to do this trip more than once; it tells me that they had a good experience the first time around.

kgibbler20
07-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Thanks for all of the "welcomes" from everyone. Between appearing on the "official" list on this thread and the deposit amount showing up on my online credit card statement, this trip is starting to feel a lot more real.

Yep... the credit statement was a very real moment lol... but I think this is going to be a very well spent tax return and bonus check :) lol

DisneyKevin
07-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Please welcome Toni and Christine to our Adventure!

Welcome aboard!:banana:

skier_pete
07-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Ugh...I just realized that this trip will be during the Stanley Cup Finals. This is probably not on the radar of anyone else on this trip...but I am a big hockey fan and particularly a HUGE Buffalo Sabres fan (and season ticket holder). I swore many years ago I would never travel early June - the Sabres last went to the Stanley Cup Finals on during my wedding & honeymoon. Of course we did get to watch the Stanley Cup in the afternoon from a beach bar on Maui.

If the Sabres are not playing for the cup, I won't really care about missing it. It's not that they are likely to be in the finals next year, but if they DID make it to the SCF, I will be freaking out on this trip. Not enough of an issue to make me cancel since the odds are so low, but thought I would mention it now just in case I end up turning into this crazy guy listening to headphones and muttering to himself in a corner with occasional bursts of cursing for 3 hours every other day. ;)

TTFN!
SkierPete

disneykiwi
07-04-2012, 02:31 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm Toni (Disneykiwi) and my sister is Christine. I am extremely excited about this trip and Chris hasnt had alot of time to be excited as I only told her I booked it for us today - I believe she is still in shock!!!

We are coming over from New Zealand and have been to Disneyland a number of times and we went on what I thought then was my dream trip to WDW in 2010. This was a fantastic trip but after hearing about this tour - it is taken over as my dream trip.

I am confined to a wheelchair but have never let this stop me doing most things when travelling - obviously there are a few rides that I have never been able to go on - but thats never worried me as I am a shopaholic so while others do rides - I do the shops and am very good at it!!

I am quite able to push myself around manually but Christine is coming along to be my helper as even though I am fast - she is faster when pushing and we will do our very best to keep up and if we cant will tell you all to go on.

Sorry - probably far too much information than you wanted - some say that is my real disability - I talk too much!!!

Anyway - I am really looking forward to meeting you all and chatting over the next 11mths or so.

Melanie - your trip report was fantastic and really sold me on the trip and of course having such great info from Kevin re access etc. My sister is currently reading your report Melanie and is loving it.

Cheers all.

skier_pete
07-04-2012, 05:03 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm Toni (Disneykiwi) and my sister is Christine. I am extremely excited about this trip and Chris hasnt had alot of time to be excited as I only told her I booked it for us today - I believe she is still in shock!!!

We are coming over from New Zealand and have been to Disneyland a number of times and we went on what I thought then was my dream trip to WDW in 2010. This was a fantastic trip but after hearing about this tour - it is taken over as my dream trip.

I am confined to a wheelchair but have never let this stop me doing most things when travelling - obviously there are a few rides that I have never been able to go on - but thats never worried me as I am a shopaholic so while others do rides - I do the shops and am very good at it!!

I am quite able to push myself around manually but Christine is coming along to be my helper as even though I am fast - she is faster when pushing and we will do our very best to keep up and if we cant will tell you all to go on.

Sorry - probably far too much information than you wanted - some say that is my real disability - I talk too much!!!

Anyway - I am really looking forward to meeting you all and chatting over the next 11mths or so.

Melanie - your trip report was fantastic and really sold me on the trip and of course having such great info from Kevin re access etc. My sister is currently reading your report Melanie and is loving it.

Cheers all.

Welcome Toni! I know Disney has a reputation for doing a great job of being wheelchair accessable, and the guides bend over backwards to make sure everyone has a great experience. I look forward to getting to know you and Chris as well!

Pete

P.S. Hope your planning on coming in a few days early to get used to the time change. I would think that would be the roughest part of doing an ABD trip coming from so far!

ymxbfalcon
07-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Welcome to Toni and Christine!

:welcome:

Cheers all.

It's amazing how many "dream trips" you can have when it comes to Disney, isn't it? I personally took my "once in a lifetime" trip to DisneyWorld in December of 2008; I was just excited to be staying on property for the first time. I've been back there five times since then and even managed to sneak in a Disney cruise. I've reached the conclusion that Disney is addictive.

I look forward to getting to know you and your sister! :goodvibes

Angie

Chropistopy
07-04-2012, 09:57 AM

Welcome!! :goodvibes

JWren1234
07-04-2012, 01:36 PM

Woohoo!!!

Welcome Angie, Toni and Christine!

Jason

BriarRosie
07-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Wow, I blinked and about 4 more people joined the group.

Welcome everyone! :banana:

Disneygrl36
07-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Glad you liked the trip report Toni! I am so excited for the changes to the trip. I never dreamed we'd do it again but there is so much new stuff at Disneyland & the chance to travel with Pete, Walter, John & Kevin & other great Diser's sold me.

DisneyKevin
07-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Please help me welcome Adam and Kat to our Adventure!

Some of you will will remember Adam and Kat from our meeting and dinner in Venice.

Others might remember that on the podcast, we talked of Adam's proposal to Kat while in Venice!

Welcome aboard!

Chropistopy
07-05-2012, 01:50 PM

Some of you will will remember Adam and Kat from our meeting and dinner in Venice.

Others might remember that on the podcast, we talked of Adam's proposal to Kat while in Venice!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome, Adam and Kat! We met very briefly in Venice. I look forward to getting to know you better over the next year and getting to spend more time with you next June!

JWren1234
07-05-2012, 03:54 PM

Welcome aboard!

Welcome Adam and Kat! Looking forward to seeing you again next June!

Jason

ymxbfalcon
07-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Welcome Adam and Kat! :)

PumpkinPilot
07-06-2012, 05:24 AM

Welcome aboard!

Welcome, Adam and Kat! We met very briefly in Venice. I look forward to getting to know you better over the next year and getting to spend more time with you next June!

Welcome Adam and Kat! Looking forward to seeing you again next June!

Jason

Welcome Adam and Kat! :)

What a great welcome, thanks everyone :goodvibes

We're thrilled to be welcomed aboard the good ship Dis!

SO excited about this trip - especially looking forward to getting to know everyone and catching up with all we met (briefly!) in Venice.

Now that we're official, I'm off to find a timer to countdown the number of days until our adventure begins! surely there's an app for that...

Adam

BriarRosie
07-06-2012, 11:23 PM

Welcome aboard!

I thought that was an awesome story. I got verklempt. :blush:
Another welcome from me for Adam and Kat. :thumbsup2

skier_pete
07-07-2012, 09:48 AM
Hey, I haven't heard Adam and Kat's story - but proposals can't help but be great stories - so I imagine doing it in Venice would be pretty awesome. Welcome to the group!

In more selfish news - I was surprised and excited to get a promotion at work this week! More money and also puts me into a bonus program structure. I only mention this because I was kind of worried how I was going to pay for this trip...but now I'm not! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Only a day after I got stuck working the whole day on 4th of July, so that helped soothed that as well.

Chropistopy
07-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Hey, I haven't heard Adam and Kat's story - but proposals can't help but be great stories - so I imagine doing it in Venice would be pretty awesome. Welcome to the group!

In more selfish news - I was surprised and excited to get a promotion at work this week! More money and also puts me into a bonus program structure. I only mention this because I was kind of worried how I was going to pay for this trip...but now I'm not! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Only a day after I got stuck working the whole day on 4th of July, so that helped soothed that as well.

Congratulations! That's awesome news!

kgibbler20
07-07-2012, 05:03 PM

Congratulations Pete!

PumpkinPilot
07-08-2012, 05:10 AM

Thanks for the welcome Pete!

We're in the middle of writing a blog about our engagement in Venice and will be posting a link to it with some photos shortly.

In the meantime, massive congratulations on your promotion.That's awesome news! Really pleased working on 4th July paid off for you :cool1:

Adam

skier_pete
07-08-2012, 06:49 AM
Congratulations! That's awesome news!

Congratulations Pete!

Thanks for the welcome Pete!

We're in the middle of writing a blog about our engagement in Venice and will be posting a link to it with some photos shortly.

In the meantime, massive congratulations on your promotion.That's awesome news! Really pleased working on 4th July paid off for you :cool1:

Adam

Thanks everyone! Though I don't think working on the 4th had any bearing on the promotion...it must've been in works for a while at least. Just made me feel better.

I would definitely check out your blog, Adam!

longwaybycarriage
07-08-2012, 08:18 AM
Just popping in to add my thanks for the warm welcome. Adam surprised me with the news about the trip this weekend - after Venice, and the proposal, and meeting some of you guys, suprises seem to have become a habit of his...one I fully support, of course!

I'm not sure it's really sunk in that we're going yet, even though I've seen the itinerary and we've started talking about extensions and flights etc. So excited!

Kat

DisneyKevin
07-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Hi Kat,

I have updated your sceenname in the first post!

Kevin

Chropistopy
07-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Just popping in to add my thanks for the warm welcome. Adam surprised me with the news about the trip this weekend - after Venice, and the proposal, and meeting some of you guys, suprises seem to have become a habit of his...one I fully support, of course!

I'm not sure it's really sunk in that we're going yet, even though I've seen the itinerary and we've started talking about extensions and flights etc. So excited!

Kat

Definitely a nice habit to have...:thumbsup2 Congratulations again on the engagement!

All - Even though it's almost a full year away, I've been thinking about the time in LA. We will be arriving a day early. I'm trying to think of things to do. Any suggestions that I can start researching? I've been thinking about the Farmer's Market, WB Tour, Universal...

skier_pete
07-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Definitely a nice habit to have...:thumbsup2 Congratulations again on the engagement!

All - Even though it's almost a full year away, I've been thinking about the time in LA. We will be arriving a day early. I'm trying to think of things to do. Any suggestions that I can start researching? I've been thinking about the Farmer's Market, WB Tour, Universal...

We are going to likely come in on Saturday as well since we are coming from the East Coast and won't have a direct flight. I was thinking of doing the WB or Paramount Studios Tour on Sunday. I did the Paramount one many years ago (mid nineties), it was really good. The WB one might be more interesting thanks to all the Harry Potter stuff you get to see.

The bad thing about doing studio tours on Sunday is you have almost zero chance of seeing anything actually going on, the good thing is they can take you to see more working sets. I found these sites looking at a possible stop on our layover for our trip later this month, but I don't know if we will do it with our DD or not or try to go down to Legoland instead. At least I saved you a 30 second google search:

http://vipstudiotour.warnerbros.com/

http://www.paramountstudiotour.com/

JWren1234
07-08-2012, 12:32 PM

I'm a big fan of the Farmer's Market, a great place to spend a morning or afternoon (and relatively close to the hotel). One of my favorite places in the world is the Griffith Observatory in Griffith Park, beautiful views of the city and of the mountains surrounding you. I'm trying to plan how I am going to get both places in before the trip starts.

I'm planning on getting to Hollywood the day before the tour...most likely will be getting to CA a couple of days earlier, either staying in Santa Monica or going up to SF to see the Disney Family Museum.

Jason

Disneygrl36
07-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Welcome Adam & Kat.
Pete, Congrats on the promotion!

We will likely fly in on Saturday too & rent a car from the on-site car rental place to explore some on our own on Sunday before the adventure officially starts. I want to tour Graumann's as we missed being able to do that last time & see a movie at the El Capitan. We will probably do some Walt themed exploring again like we did the last time we did this trip & that was great fun. We went up to the Griffith Observatory but were there too early to go in so I would really like to do that. Would also like to see the beach..........going to be so much to do with so little time.

Chropistopy
07-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Welcome Adam & Kat.
Pete, Congrats on the promotion!

We will likely fly in on Saturday too & rent a car from the on-site car rental place to explore some on our own on Sunday before the adventure officially starts. I want to tour Graumann's as we missed being able to do that last time & see a movie at the El Capitan. We will probably do some Walt themed exploring again like we did the last time we did this trip & that was great fun. We went up to the Griffith Observatory but were there too early to go in so I would really like to do that. Would also like to see the beach..........going to be so much to do with so little time.

There's an on-site car rental place? I was wondering how we would manage getting from place to place....but problem solved. Thanks for everyone's suggestions of things to do. I'm going to be researching. I think the Farmer's Market and Griffith Park may be at the top of the list for me.

PumpkinPilot
07-09-2012, 09:36 AM
I'm a big fan of the Farmer's Market, a great place to spend a morning or afternoon (and relatively close to the hotel). One of my favorite places in the world is the Griffith Observatory in Griffith Park, beautiful views of the city and of the mountains surrounding you. I'm trying to plan how I am going to get both places in before the trip starts.

I'm planning on getting to Hollywood the day before the tour...most likely will be getting to CA a couple of days earlier, either staying in Santa Monica or going up to SF to see the Disney Family Museum.

Jason

Both are definitely worth checking out. We didn't get to spend much time at the farmers market last time we visited CA. We were behind schedule for something else and kind of rushed through it.
Personally I would recommend getting to the observatory just before sunset and checking out the view over LA as it happens. Looks incredible.

We're thinking of doing exactly the same Jason! Not quite sure how yet but want to spend a few days roaming San Francisco and check out the Disney Family Museum before our adventure begins!

Adam

ymxbfalcon
07-09-2012, 06:08 PM
My paperwork from Adventures by Disney arrived today. It's always exciting to get "Mickey mail." :goodvibes I have a feeling it's going to take awhile to read through everything. They certainly send out a lot of information.

kgibbler20
07-09-2012, 06:39 PM
My paperwork from Adventures by Disney arrived today. It's always exciting to get "Mickey mail." :goodvibes I have a feeling it's going to take awhile to read through everything. They certainly send out a lot of information.

I need to get mine filled out. My mom has been visiting the past 2 weeks and I've been so exhausted. I was extremely excited tho when we got it!

skier_pete
07-09-2012, 06:46 PM

We got ours too...though dissappointed that it was mostly...

"If you fall down the stairs or get caught in the rain,
We won't reimburse you for your suffering and pain."

(Can you tell I just kinda wish they wrote those legalese things all in verse. At least they would be entertaining to read.)

There's no real hurry to get these things back, is there?

ymxbfalcon
07-09-2012, 07:19 PM

(Can you tell I just kinda wish they wrote those legalese things all in verse. At least they would be entertaining to read.)

We need to get you on staff at the ABD legal department, Pete. Your version is much more enjoyable - and easier to follow - than the many forms which are now sitting around on my desk. ;)

DisneyKevin
07-09-2012, 08:10 PM

ABD requests that you send them back as soon as possible. They are aware that no one has purchased airfare yet, so that can be left blank.

They very best reason to send them back now is because months from now, when ABD contacts me and says "Pete hasn't sent back his forms", I have to contact you and ask "Pete, ABD needs you to sign your forms now" and then you ask me "what forms?" and I'll say "the forms you received last July when you booked" and you'll say "I don't know where those forms are anymore" and I'll say "I'll ask ABD to send you new forms. Please do not hesitate to fax them back immediately".

Look at all the punctation in the last paragraph. Isn't it easier to just take two minutes and fill the forms out and stick them in the provided self-addressed envelopes now?

Now go fill out your forms.;)

disneykiwi
07-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Welcome Toni! I know Disney has a reputation for doing a great job of being wheelchair accessable, and the guides bend over backwards to make sure everyone has a great experience. I look forward to getting to know you and Chris as well!

Pete

P.S. Hope your planning on coming in a few days early to get used to the time change. I would think that would be the roughest part of doing an ABD trip coming from so far!

Hey Pete

sorry got busy at work - thanks for the lovely welcome.:) We are looking forward to meeting everyone.

yes we are planning to come a day early probably but will stay another week or so after at this stage instead. Just trying to decide where to stay - will have to be offsite after the GCH, but still within walking distance. So planning has begun in earnest - very exciting.

disneykiwi
07-09-2012, 08:40 PM

It's amazing how many "dream trips" you can have when it comes to Disney, isn't it? I personally took my "once in a lifetime" trip to DisneyWorld in December of 2008; I was just excited to be staying on property for the first time. I've been back there five times since then and even managed to sneak in a Disney cruise. I've reached the conclusion that Disney is addictive.

Angie

Thanks Angie - Disney is definitely addictive, but a good addiction:goodvibes

I do hope one day to get back to Disney World but its a long way and quite expensive from way over this side. But dreams are free eh. We look forward to meeting you too.

disneykiwi
07-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Welcome!! :goodvibes

Angie

Wow, I blinked and about 4 more people joined the group.

Welcome everyone! :banana:

Thank you all for your lovely welcomes - sorry its taken so long to acknowledge but work has got a bit hectic at the moment.

Cant wait to get to know you all and then meet up. Planning has started and its all so exciting already. :cool1:

BriarRosie
07-10-2012, 12:39 AM
I haven't given next year much thought, but the Farmers Market sounds fun. I hadn't been there, or anywhere else much outside of the tour last time. I'd love to go to San Francisco for the Walt Disney Family Museum, but I'd have to dedicate a solid trip to see everything in that area, so that's a future "someday" for me.

Last time I flew in same day as the tour, but I have no idea what I'll be doing a year from now.

JWren1234
07-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Both are definitely worth checking out. We didn't get to spend much time at the farmers market last time we visited CA. We were behind schedule for something else and kind of rushed through it.
Personally I would recommend getting to the observatory just before sunset and checking out the view over LA as it happens. Looks incredible.

We're thinking of doing exactly the same Jason! Not quite sure how yet but want to spend a few days roaming San Francisco and check out the Disney Family Museum before our adventure begins!

Adam

I love the idea of the observatory at sunset, what a beautiful setting!

Jason

skier_pete
07-10-2012, 06:00 PM
ABD requests that you send them back as soon as possible. They are aware that no one has purchased airfare yet, so that can be left blank.

They very best reason to send them back now is because months from now, when ABD contacts me and says "Pete hasn't sent back his forms", I have to contact you and ask "Pete, ABD needs you to sign your forms now" and then you ask me "what forms?" and I'll say "the forms you received last July when you booked" and you'll say "I don't know where those forms are anymore" and I'll say "I'll ask ABD to send you new forms. Please do not hesitate to fax them back immediately".

Look at all the punctation in the last paragraph. Isn't it easier to just take two minutes and fill the forms out and stick them in the provided self-addressed envelopes now?

Now go fill out your forms.;)

Kevin - I get the feeling that you've had problems with these forms being submitted more than once! Suffice it to say I will not be one of those problem people. We'll mail them in the next few days.

Pete

Edited July 12th: Forms went out this morning - just no flight info obviously.

disneykiwi
07-23-2012, 11:10 PM
Hey everyone

Very excited down here in Kiwiland.

We have booked our flights to your lovely country. We are coming in the day before (8th June) and are adding an extra 10 days to the other end of the trip so we can take a more leisurely pace round the parks and do lots of shopping places (we love shopping). :cool1:

Due to budget, we will be staying at the Best Western Park Place Inn for those 10 days. Has anyone stayed there at all? If so how was it?? I have heard mostly good things about it and its just a place to sleep so not too worried and its apparently right across the road - so a 5 to 10 min walk they say.

So now just wishing time would go a bit faster!! Not that I want to be older or anything but just cant wait to begin.

Hope all are well.

skier_pete
07-24-2012, 09:02 AM
Hey everyone

We have booked our flights to your lovely country. We are coming in the day before (8th June) and are adding an extra 10 days to the other end of the trip so we can take a more leisurely pace round the parks and do lots of shopping places (we love shopping). :cool1:

Due to budget, we will be staying at the Best Western Park Place Inn for those 10 days. Has anyone stayed there at all? If so how was it?? I have heard mostly good things about it and its just a place to sleep so not too worried and its apparently right across the road - so a 5 to 10 min walk they say.

So now just wishing time would go a bit faster!! Not that I want to be older or anything but just cant wait to begin.

Hope all are well.

Believe it or not...I am standing in front of the Park Place as i type. We are @ the Tropicana next door. Looks nice from outside but cant vouch for quality. However it is extremely close to DL. 5 minutes would be only if you catch the light wrong. Loom up my photobucket account under "skier_pete" i took a picture.Hotel on the left ....tower of terror on the right.

ymxbfalcon
07-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Hey everyone

How exciting that you've already booked your flights! You inspired me to start looking at airline schedules and prices. I don't think I'll be booking anything for awhile because I'd like to see what's available through Southwest as they're often less expensive, and I'm pretty sure that it'll be a few months before their June 2013 schedule comes out. Still, it's fun to plan. :)

disneykiwi
07-25-2012, 12:31 AM
Believe it or not...I am standing in front of the Park Place as i type. We are @ the Tropicana next door. Looks nice from outside but cant vouch for quality. However it is extremely close to DL. 5 minutes would be only if you catch the light wrong. Loom up my photobucket account under "skier_pete" i took a picture.Hotel on the left ....tower of terror on the right.

Thanks Pete

Wow - how cool. How long are you there for? thanks so much for the photo opportunity. I see what you mean - it is very close - excellent.

disneykiwi
07-25-2012, 12:34 AM
How exciting that you've already booked your flights! You inspired me to start looking at airline schedules and prices. I don't think I'll be booking anything for awhile because I'd like to see what's available through Southwest as they're often less expensive, and I'm pretty sure that it'll be a few months before their June 2013 schedule comes out. Still, it's fun to plan. :)

Yes - it does seem a bit soon doesnt it!! But because they are international flights and we dont have alot of choice, it pays to book early. Also helped that they were offering special deals for June 2013 - so thought we should do it now.

Definitely feels more real now!!:cool1:

kgibbler20
07-25-2012, 10:58 AM
I don't know about anyone else, maybe because it's my first ABD/Trip to DL, but when I was listening to this week's housekeeping I got so incredibly excited when John was saying that there were surprises on the trip next week. All I could think is, "next June on a podcast that will be us!!!"

Just had a moment and had to share :)

Chropistopy
07-25-2012, 12:52 PM
I don't know about anyone else, maybe because it's my first ABD/Trip to DL, but when I was listening to this week's housekeeping I got so incredibly excited when John was saying that there were surprises on the trip next week. All I could think is, "next June on a podcast that will be us!!!"

I had a moment as well! I can't wait to live vicariously through the lucky folks on the trip next week.

Disneygrl36
07-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Me too!!!!!! I got a big smile on my face & thought woohoo I know they will work up cool stuff for us too!

ymxbfalcon
07-26-2012, 02:44 PM

I had a moment as well! I can't wait to live vicariously through the lucky folks on the trip next week.

Me too!!!!!! I got a big smile on my face & thought woohoo I know they will work up cool stuff for us too!

Add me to the list of people who are excited about this! I think it's going to be a lot of fun to hear reports of their adventures over the next week or so. :goodvibes

skier_pete
07-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Thanks Pete

Wow - how cool. How long are you there for? thanks so much for the photo opportunity. I see what you mean - it is very close - excellent.

We were leaving that day. Now closer to you in Sydney, Australia. Glad I could help.

disneykiwi
07-30-2012, 08:00 PM
We were leaving that day. Now closer to you in Sydney, Australia. Glad I could help.

excellent - have a great time. I love Sydney.

kgibbler20
07-30-2012, 08:17 PM

So jealous!! Australia is definitely on my bucket list.

BriarRosie
08-15-2012, 10:37 PM
I heard on the podcast that our adventure is sold out, too!

And now I'm foaming at the mouth wondering what they're going to show us at Imagineering. :faint:

Chropistopy
08-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Anyone else notice that we are under the 10 month mark? :woohoo: It's the small things that get me excited.

Who all on this trip with be on 4.0? It would be great to have some type of mini-meet so that we can meet in person before our adventure.

apurplebrat
08-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Anyone else notice that we are under the 10 month mark? :woohoo: It's the small things that get me excited.

Who all on this trip with be on 4.0? It would be great to have some type of mini-meet so that we can meet in person before our adventure.

I like the little milestones :cool1:

We wont be on 4.0 but we will be at WDW 12/5 - 12/16 hopefully we will be able to see folks before they go on 4.0

BriarRosie
08-16-2012, 02:18 PM

I won't be on 4.0, but I am going to be on the Fantasy on Sept. 8! :banana:
Who will be around to make you share their wine? Jeff and Val? :rotfl2:

OKW Lover
08-16-2012, 02:29 PM

:rotfl2: We will be on PCC 4.0 and would love to chat with anybody that's going on either of the upcoming BSM adventures. Doing it in one of the lounges would be just a plus!

Chropistopy
08-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Maybe we could have an unofficial meet on the ship for everyone with an upcoming 2013 ABD DIS trip. It would be a great way for people to meet and ask questions. I'd be happy to organize it. What do you think the interest would be? We could have some veterans of the trips around to help answer the random questions...what to do during free time, etc.

Any ideas for locations on the ship? I have not been on the Fantasy or the Dream yet.

Chropistopy
08-16-2012, 03:39 PM
I like the little milestones :cool1:

We wont be on 4.0 but we will be at WDW 12/5 - 12/16 hopefully we will be able to see folks before they go on 4.0

I'll be at WDW on Friday, 12/7. I'm driving down that day so should be arriving during the early afternoon. I'm debating on going to MVMCP that night. It will be my only time to see the Fantasyland changes. Any chance that you guys will be going to the party that night? I'd love to see you.

OKW Lover
08-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Maybe we could have an unofficial meet on the ship for everyone with an upcoming 2013 ABD DIS trip. It would be a great way for people to meet and ask questions. I'd be happy to organize it. What do you think the interest would be? We could have some veterans of the trips around to help answer the random questions...what to do during free time, etc.

Any ideas for locations on the ship? I have not been on the Fantasy or the Dream yet.

Sounds like a great idea. We would love to join in even though we aren't going on any of the upcoming BSM trips. We would be happy to answer questions (but will not reveal surprises) as they come up. How about a meet in the Cove Cafe one afternoon?

Chropistopy
08-16-2012, 03:41 PM

I'd be open to someone offering to share their wine. Since I have not met Jeff and Val, they may take exception to me randomly demanding wine from them though...;)

Chropistopy
08-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Sounds like a great idea. We would love to join in even though we aren't going on any of the upcoming BSM trips. We would be happy to answer questions (but will not reveal surprises) as they come up. How about a meet in the Cove Cafe one afternoon?

Cove Cafe sounds good. I may start a separate thread to generate interest. Once we know more about the official schedule, then I/we can start narrowing down a date and time.

k5jmh
08-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Since I have not met Jeff and Val...;)

How is that possible? :confused3

Chropistopy
08-16-2012, 04:03 PM

Good question! I've heard their names plenty of times but our paths have never crossed. I'm going to have to rectify that situation on 4.0.

OKW Lover
08-16-2012, 04:21 PM
I'd be open to someone offering to share their wine. Since I have not met Jeff and Val, they may take exception to me randomly demanding wine from them though...;)

We happily share! Any DIS friend is somebody we will share our wine with.

OKW Lover
08-16-2012, 04:21 PM

:rotfl2:

There are lots of DIS regulars that we haven't yet met in person.

But we're working on that!!!!

BriarRosie
08-16-2012, 09:46 PM

I was thinking the same thing, Mike, until I realized I don't know your friend Scott. But everyone else seems to know him. :lmao:

sayhello
08-16-2012, 09:54 PM
I'll be at WDW on Friday, 12/7. I'm driving down that day so should be arriving during the early afternoon. I'm debating on going to MVMCP that night. It will be my only time to see the Fantasyland changes. Any chance that you guys will be going to the party that night? I'd love to see you.I'm flying in on 12/7, arriving early afternoon, so I was thinking the same thing about MVMCP. It might be a fun way to meet up with folks!

Sayhello

disneykiwi
08-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Oh!! I am getting so jealous over here - miles away from Disney. Turning greener by the minute :thumbsup2 The thought of being able to pop to WDW for the day!!! Your plans all sound wonderful.

One day when I am rich - I would love to go back to WDW and do a cruise as well.

I live my Disney dreams through all you guys and your trip reports. So thank you.

less than 10months till we head over ourselves. Its so exciting and listening to the podcast the other day about the new "surprises that shall not be mentioned" makes it so much fun to dream about.

Take care all and enjoy all your upcoming trips.:wave2:

k5jmh
08-17-2012, 08:58 AM
Just a big FYI, No Disney Gift cards are accepted at MoG or The Soda Fountain.

skier_pete
08-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Oh!! I am getting so jealous over here - miles away from Disney. Turning greener by the minute :thumbsup2 The thought of being able to pop to WDW for the day!!! Your plans all sound wonderful.

One day when I am rich - I would love to go back to WDW and do a cruise as well.

I live my Disney dreams through all you guys and your trip reports. So thank you.

less than 10months till we head over ourselves. Its so exciting and listening to the podcast the other day about the new "surprises that shall not be mentioned" makes it so much fun to dream about.

Take care all and enjoy all your upcoming trips.:wave2:

Hey DK - did you decide to book at the Best Western Park Place? We are probably going to stick around DL for a day or two after the trip. Like you, for budgetary reasons we will not be staying on property those extra days. We probably will re-stay at the Tropicana because of our good experience there, but might consider BWPP if the price is right and we know a fellow BSMer will be there as well!

For everyone else - if you are interested I am writing up a Trip Report (click here) (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=45873344&posted=1#post45873344) for our recent (1st time ever) trip to Disneyland - with a 3 week layover in Australia. If you are interested in joining in / getting to know my wife and I - please join in!

disneykiwi
08-22-2012, 12:42 AM
Hey DK - did you decide to book at the Best Western Park Place? We are probably going to stick around DL for a day or two after the trip. Like you, for budgetary reasons we will not be staying on property those extra days. We probably will re-stay at the Tropicana because of our good experience there, but might consider BWPP if the price is right and we know a fellow BSMer will be there as well!

For everyone else - if you are interested I am writing up a Trip Report (click here) (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=45873344&posted=1#post45873344) for our recent (1st time ever) trip to Disneyland - with a 3 week layover in Australia. If you are interested in joining in / getting to know my wife and I - please join in!

hey there

Thats great that you are staying a bit longer. Yes - we definitely did. We are there from the end of the tour for another 10 days so hope to see you there or around. Will get onto your trip report now.

Take care

skier_pete
08-22-2012, 01:22 PM
hey there

Thats great that you are staying a bit longer. Yes - we definitely did. We are there from the end of the tour for another 10 days so hope to see you there or around. Will get onto your trip report now.

Take care

I looked at the two hotels pricing for next year - BWPP was $10 less per day that the Tropicana. At that price I would probably book BWPP to give it a try. I didn't book either yet because I don't know if we will be leaving Saturday or Sunday, ideally I am hoping to stay until Sunday. This will all depend on airfare pricing, and good ole Southwest isn't open that far out yet.

Does anyone of the BSM vets on here know how we would go about adding extra days to our Disney park passes, or if we stay extra do we have to pay for a separate ticket. I kind of assume they give you some sort of "3- or 4-day hopper" pass when you arrive, so I am hoping we can just add an extra day or two as it becomes necessary. Would hate to have to start from scratch with a base ticket @ $100 a day. Might reconsider the extra stay if that's the case.

SP

OKW Lover
08-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Does anyone of the BSM vets on here know how we would go about adding extra days to our Disney park passes, or if we stay extra do we have to pay for a separate ticket. I kind of assume they give you some sort of "3- or 4-day hopper" pass when you arrive, so I am hoping we can just add an extra day or two as it becomes necessary. Would hate to have to start from scratch with a base ticket @ $100 a day. Might reconsider the extra stay if that's the case.

SP

Unfortunately ABD tickets are only for the duration of your actual adventure. There are no add ons or extensions available. Instead you would have to purchase a ticket for the extra days as though you were starting from scratch.

skier_pete
08-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Unfortunately ABD tickets are only for the duration of your actual adventure. There are no add ons or extensions available. Instead you would have to purchase a ticket for the extra days as though you were starting from scratch.

Bummer...does the ABD trip at least cover Friday park entry? (The full day on the last morning of the trip?)

OKW Lover
08-22-2012, 02:42 PM
Bummer...does the ABD trip at least cover Friday park entry? (The full day on the last morning of the trip?)

Yes, it does cover the full Friday.

skier_pete
08-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Yes, it does cover the full Friday.

Thanks again. :thumbsup2 I was hoping it was as we would at least like to stick around for that full day. We are hoping to wait to fly back on Sunday, so might have Saturday as well. A big ? now if we will stay at DLR for that day, though, or do something else if I have to pay for a full price park day, maybe we'll head up to Universal or something else entirely.

kgibbler20
08-25-2012, 09:20 PM
What about a (mini) meet on the main land???? I can't go on 4.0 but I live here and would love to meet people pre or post night!!!

kgibbler20
08-27-2012, 11:13 AM
What about a (mini) meet on the main land???? I can't go on 4.0 but I live here and would love to meet people pre or post night!!!

Maybe I should be less excited about meeting people and read the whole way through the posts lol.

I think it would be cool if we could organize a MNSSHP or MVMCP or a park day before ya'll leave out on 4.0 or when you come back.

And if anyone else is visiting between now and 286 days from now and would like to meet that would be awesome too!!!

Chropistopy
08-27-2012, 12:41 PM
Maybe I should be less excited about meeting people and read the whole way through the posts lol.

I think it would be cool if we could organize a MNSSHP or MVMCP or a park day before ya'll leave out on 4.0 or when you come back.

And if anyone else is visiting between now and 286 days from now and would like to meet that would be awesome too!!!

My plans are a little up in the air right now. I'm planning on driving down the Friday before 4.0 and going to MVMCP that night...but nothing is booked at this point. Once I have my plans finalized, I'll let you know. If you're open to it, I'd love to meet up for dinner or exploring the park that night.

ymxbfalcon
08-27-2012, 04:09 PM

I am trying very hard to exercise some self-control and to stay out of the state of Florida over the next year, but if my willpower fails me and I end up booking a trip, I will let you know. :thumbsup2

DisneyKevin
08-31-2012, 12:52 PM
Please welcome Nancy and Matt and Michele and Jessica to our Adventure!!!!

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

starwood
08-31-2012, 12:57 PM
Thanks Kevin! Let the countdown begin.

starwood
08-31-2012, 02:36 PM
Who did everyone use for trip insurance? There are some policies on insuremytrip that are half the price of what Disney is charging.

DisneyKevin
08-31-2012, 02:54 PM
Who did everyone use for trip insurance? There are some policies on insuremytrip that are half the price of what Disney is charging.

We always use the insurance offered by ABD.

ymxbfalcon
08-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Please welcome Nancy and Matt and Michele and Jessica to our Adventure!!!!

:welcome: I look forward to getting to know all of you!

skier_pete
09-01-2012, 06:52 AM

We've purchased through Insuremytrip for several trips, including this one. I usually read the reviews and check the details of the policy to insure it will cover what we need. Check the insurance rating and the actual insurance company. (For instance, for ABD we bought a TruTravel package, but this is actually covered under Nationwide Insurance - which is a trustworthy carrier IMO.) There are usually also reviews of each carrier that are linked that I read through as well.

Luckily,we have never had to USE the trip insurance, so I can't say how the insurance works once you NEED it, though. I am 100% certain the ABD trip insurance is reliable, but as you said, it is quite expensive.

Wherever you get your insurance, you typically need to add it within 14 days of booking, else it usually won't cover pre-existing conditions.

SP

P.S. Oh, and :welcome: to the trip!

Chropistopy
09-01-2012, 07:10 AM
Welcome!!!

starwood
09-01-2012, 07:41 AM
We've purchased through Insuremytrip for several trips, including this one. I usually read the reviews and check the details of the policy to insure it will cover what we need. Check the insurance rating and the actual insurance company. (For instance, for ABD we bought a TruTravel package, but this is actually covered under Nationwide Insurance - which is a trustworthy carrier IMO.) There are usually also reviews of each carrier that are linked that I read through as well.

Luckily,we have never had to USE the trip insurance, so I can't say how the insurance works once you NEED it, though. I am 100% certain the ABD trip insurance is reliable, but as you said, it is quite expensive.

Wherever you get your insurance, you typically need to add it within 14 days of booking, else it usually won't cover pre-existing conditions.

SP

P.S. Oh, and :welcome: to the trip!

That is the policy I was looking at also. Most of the reviews are from people who never used it so not sure how reliable their coverage is. We don't have pre-existing conditions so the only time I would use it would be if one of us was sick or something happened to my 86 year old mother.

skier_pete
09-01-2012, 07:58 AM
That is the policy I was looking at also. Most of the reviews are from people who never used it so not sure how reliable their coverage is. We don't have pre-existing conditions so the only time I would use it would be if one of us was sick or something happened to my 86 year old mother.

I agree most reviews are "I didn't use this, so it was great" but if you wade down through them, there are usually a few that had to use the policy.

Our concern as well, my DW has a 92 year-old Grandmother who is in good health, but you never know. I think if you check the policy and make sure it covers you in the cases you want it to - as most will cover if you are sick or something serious happens to an immediate family member. However, rarely will they cover cancelation just an illness to a family member...again I would read the policy carefully, and even call the 800 number and ask questions if you have something specific. I (obviously) think there is no reason that you couldn't find a good TI without using the Disney one.

sayhello
09-01-2012, 05:43 PM
That is the policy I was looking at also. Most of the reviews are from people who never used it so not sure how reliable their coverage is. We don't have pre-existing conditions so the only time I would use it would be if one of us was sick or something happened to my 86 year old mother.Be careful. "Pre-existing conditions" covers your 86 year old mother, also. If something were to happen to her to cause you to cancel your trip, but it was a pre-existing condition for her, you would not be covered. A pre-existing condition is any medical condition you had or were treated for, during the "lookback period" prior to your buying the policy (usually, 60 to 90 days prior to the purchase). If it's a chronic condition that's stabilized, and for which the treatment hasn't changed during the lookback period, then it doesn't count as a pre-existing condition (if, say, you're a diabetic with good control and no changes to your meds).

I've had to use the policy I bought with Travelex, and I found them wonderful to work with. They covered pretty much everything, including the ER, re-booking the flight I missed (including change charges & increased airfare), an extra night in a hotel and some meals. Worth every penny! (They dealt directly with the ER's billing department; I never even saw a bill!) Long story, at the end of my Alaska ABD...

Also, for some of the International trips, ABD's insurance can actually be much cheaper than outside companies. It was for my Knights & Lights trip.

Sayhello

starwood
09-01-2012, 06:56 PM
They really could write these things so the average person would be able to see if it meets their needs.

DisneyKevin
09-01-2012, 10:32 PM
We make it a point to not quote what is or is not covered by any insurance policy, with any insurance company.

Unless you hear it from the insurance company or have it in writing, please take anything quoted by another party cautiously.

starwood
09-02-2012, 06:15 AM
We make it a point to not quote what is or is not covered by any insurance policy, with any insurance company.

Unless you hear it from the insurance company or have it in writing, please take anything quoted by another party cautiously.

I didn't mean you Kevin - I meant the insurance companies. They tend to write these things so that no matter what happens they can say "you're not covered for that".

DisneyKevin
09-02-2012, 09:10 AM
I didn't mean you Kevin - I meant the insurance companies. They tend to write these things so that no matter what happens they can say "you're not covered for that".

When I have guests with questions regarding ABD insurance, I give them the toll free number to Access America (the insurance company ABD uses) and suggest that they direct their questions to them.

Because some scenarios can be tricky and there are often times personal questions that need answering, I think speaking with the insurance company is best.

My post was more in about taking any advice received on the boards or from anecdotal stories from other folks about what may or may not be covered.

I have dealt with travel insurance for someone needing emergency surgery while on an ABD trip and someone needing to be airlifted from an island among other things. Most travel insurance claims are far less dramatic and usually involve flight delays, cancelations etc.

We feel you will be far better off if you ask your chosen company if you will be covered if you have to cancel the trip because Aunt Sophie has an asthma attack or you come down with a case of poison ivy.

DarthVader92
09-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Out of curiosity to everyone how are you going to be doing your before ABD itinerary. We are hoping to fly southwest into lax the day of but it looks like (for the time being) the earliest flight gets us in at 1:45 which I believe makes us miss the transfers from the airport to the hotel (correct me if I'm wrong). So now we are debating about spending a night before in Hollywood.

Is anyone else planning to spend a night or two before ABD? Are you staying at the renaissance? What do you do about the transfer then? Is it worth to spend a night before in Hollywood?

I'd love to go out the day before to see some sights and especially forest lawn.

DisneyKevin
09-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Out of curiosity to everyone how are you going to be doing your before ABD itinerary. We are hoping to fly southwest into lax the day of but it looks like (for the time being) the earliest flight gets us in at 1:45 which I believe makes us miss the transfers from the airport to the hotel (correct me if I'm wrong). So now we are debating about spending a night before in Hollywood.

Is anyone else planning to spend a night or two before ABD? Are you staying at the renaissance? What do you do about the transfer then? Is it worth to spend a night before in Hollywood?

I'd love to go out the day before to see some sights and especially forest lawn.

Pre-nights are available at the Loews Hollywood Hotel (formerly the Renaissance) at a cost of $279.62 per night and are based on availability.

If you book your pre-night through ABD, transfers are included from LAX to the hotel.

If you book pre-nights on your own, including the Loews Hollywood Hotel, transfers are not included and must be arranged on your own.

We always book at least one pre-night...usually two. We cant visit LA without a trip to the LA Farmer's Market.

k5jmh
09-02-2012, 11:36 AM
...and the Farmer's Market is worth it. Christy says "just for Monsieur Marcel alone!"

OKW Lover
09-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Pre-nights are available at the Loews Hollywood Hotel (formerly the Renaissance) at a cost of $279.62 per night and are based on availability.

We booked a pre-night for our trip and thought it was well worth it. I know the price sounds high, but this is a very nice hotel that is located in the middle of the Hollywood strip. I had checked the cost of the hotel on my own and the ABD price was comparable so we booked it as an addon. Having the transfers from the airport was wonderful!

HollyMac71
09-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Definately get there a day ahead so you can unpack and get adjust to the time change. I arrived around Noon on Saturday and our room was ready. There is a lot to see around the hotel (Hollywood Walk of Fame, stores, people watching etc...)

The farmers market is soooo much fun. So much to see and taste!

Make sure you have comfy shoes because you will do a lot of walking also.
:surfweb:

skier_pete
09-03-2012, 08:13 AM

We are going to try and fly out the day before, I would hate to risk and delayed or canceled flight on missing the beginning of the trip.

We will probably not stay at the Loews Hollywood Hotel. We are already breaking our budget for this trip, so need to save where we can. We recently (two weeks ago) stayed at the Marriot LAX for $98 a night, and it was a VERY nice hotel, so we might try the same. We were thinking of doing a studio tour on Sunday morning before transferring to the Hollywood Hotel. (Am I the only one that keeps thinking I shouldn't use the elevators there?:rotfl:)

Does any know the answer to this...if we were to get back to LAX on Sunday, could we still get an ABD transfer to the hotel? Or will they only do that if you have a flight that day? My thought is if we stay at the Marriot LAX, it is so easy to get back to the airport, and then we could still catch a ABD transfer, I don't know why they wouldn't allow it.

DisneyKevin
09-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Does any know the answer to this...if we were to get back to LAX on Sunday, could we still get an ABD transfer to the hotel? Or will they only do that if you have a flight that day? My thought is if we stay at the Marriot LAX, it is so easy to get back to the airport, and then we could still catch a ABD transfer, I don't know why they wouldn't allow it.

The answer to your question is yes!

I have guests that do this on every trip. John and I have rented a car at the airport and returned it at the airport and taken the ABD shuttle back to the hotel.

Keep in mind that there is a very specific time and location for this type of transfer. Typical transfers are there when your flight arrives. THis type of transfer has one departure point and time.

If you would like to set up this transfer, just drop me an email at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and I can give you the info on how to do this.

This is not something that needs to be done immediately. Unfortunately, we have some time to wait. :)

skier_pete
09-03-2012, 01:59 PM
The answer to your question is yes!

I have guests that do this on every trip. John and I have rented a car at the airport and returned it at the airport and taken the ABD shuttle back to the hotel.

Keep in mind that there is a very specific time and location for this type of transfer. Typical transfers are there when your flight arrives. THis type of transfer has one departure point and time.

If you would like to set up this transfer, just drop me an email at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and I can give you the info on how to do this.

This is not something that needs to be done immediately. Unfortunately, we have some time to wait. :)

Thanks Kevin for the fast reply. I would be totally understanding to be on ABDs schedule for something like this. I wouldn't want to set it up until we have our flight booked, though, which might be a little while yet. I will contact you when we are sure of our plans. As you say...we have a while to go yet.

DisneyKevin
09-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Please welcome Lisa and John to our crazy Adventure!

:dance3:

starwood
09-04-2012, 07:47 AM

woo whoo!

Chropistopy
09-04-2012, 08:19 AM

Welcome!!

Lee Disney
09-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave2:

I'm super excited about this trip as I have been wanting to go badly for several years. :) This is our (me and husband John's) first ABD trip but our 2nd Disneyland trip with the first being in 2004. We are from New England but have relocated to Central Florida and just love it here. :thumbsup2 We were on PCC 2.0 and 3.0. We are booked on 4.0 as well but think we will be canceling since our son will be in the midst of mid terms that can not be made up. :sad1: Since we live near by - we are up for any Disney World meets that come about. Can't wait to meet you all and share an incredible adventure! :goodvibes

Lisa

OKW Lover
09-05-2012, 07:01 AM
Hi Everyone! :wave2:

I'm super excited about this trip as I have been wanting to go badly for several years. :) This is our (me and husband John's) first ABD trip but our 2nd Disneyland trip with the first being in 2004. We are from New England but have relocated to Central Florida and just love it here. :thumbsup2 We were on PCC 2.0 and 3.0. We are booked on 4.0 as well but think we will be canceling since our son will be in the midst of mid terms that can not be made up. :sad1: Since we live near by - we are up for any Disney World meets that come about. Can't wait to meet you all and share an incredible adventure! :goodvibes

Lisa

Lisa - You and John are going to have a really fun time on this trip. You'll see so much Disney stuff you'll explode. And you just might see a smile on Johns face at times. :)

DisneyKevin
09-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Please welcome Mandy and Phillip to our Adventure!

Chropistopy
09-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Please welcome Mandy and Phillip to our Adventure!

Welcome!!!

Disneygrl36
09-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Welcome everyone! I have been listening to the DIsneyland podcast more regularly & it gets me excited for our trip!

disneykiwi
09-08-2012, 10:17 PM

Hey there

Firstly - welcome to all the recent new travellers - looking forward to meetin you all.

Darthvader 92 - We (my sister Christine and I) are arriving the day before and staying at the Renaissance, this seemed to be the easiest option rather than risking delayed flights etc.

We are hoping to go off to explore maybe Farmers Market during that time as well as shopping maybe :cool1: then more shopping;)

Actually Christine has mentioned Forest Lawn. Have to suss out how far away and transport etc and decide what is more doable.

skier_pete
09-12-2012, 08:36 AM
OK - what's the big deal about the Farmer's Market? Seems like everyone wants to go there. I mean, Farmer's Markets are nice and all, but is there any attraction besides shopping? I certainly won't be interested in picking up any fresh meat or produce. Anything unique about it beyond other Farmer's Markets? I went to the website and I don't get why I would want to spend my one day of free time there vs a studio tour or say Griffith Park or the beach or something uniquely LA. What am I missing? :confused3

Maybe its growing up in the Northeast and going to Farmer's Markets regularly as a kid and being bored silly at them. I admit we went to one in Melbourne, Australia recently and it was slightly interesting, but we used it to buy souvenirs for friends and family back home, and even then I had had enough after an hour.

Pete

DisneyKevin
09-12-2012, 09:28 AM
OK - what's the big deal about the Farmer's Market? Seems like everyone wants to go there. I mean, Farmer's Markets are nice and all, but is there any attraction besides shopping? I certainly won't be interested in picking up any fresh meat or produce. Anything unique about it beyond other Farmer's Markets? I went to the website and I don't get why I would want to spend my one day of free time there vs a studio tour or say Griffith Park or the beach or something uniquely LA. What am I missing? :confused3

Maybe its growing up in the Northeast and going to Farmer's Markets regularly as a kid and being bored silly at them. I admit we went to one in Melbourne, Australia recently and it was slightly interesting, but we used it to buy souvenirs for friends and family back home, and even then I had had enough after an hour.

Pete

Let me start by saying that the LA Farmer's Market is our favorite thing to do while in Los Angeles.

The FM is not your average vegetable stand. It's been in business since the 1930's. If you are an I Love Lucy fan, they mention visiting DuPar's restaurant. It's been a fixture at the FM since the beginning. History says this was where James Dean ate just before his auto accident, which killed him.

You can tell be the way it's built, that this was not the original plan. It's obvious that the buildings are additions to additions to additions.

At the FM, you will find every type and variety of food imaginable. John and I think Magee's makes and sells the best corned beef sandwich anywhere...including NYC. Bob's Donuts makes fresh donuts all day. We try to visit both of these places as many times as our schedule will allow.

There is great French gourmet food shop (they ship) and many small shops selling unique stuff. There is also a fruit and veggie section, as well as butchers, bakers and candlestick makers.

We mainly go for the atmosphere and the food vendors. We love the Farmer's Market.

Also, in recent years, they have added the Grove to the FM. This is an outdoor mall and has stores you would find in most cities. There are some cool features. There is a trolley that runs the length of the shopping area and there are restaurants and cafes all along the way.

If you have young girls or know young girls, I'm sure you have heard of the American Girl stores. There is an American Girl store and cafe at the Grove.

The Grove's other claim to fame is that it's where famous people get "caught" shopping amongst the common folk. I find it hard to believe they are "caught" when they are in full hair and makeup....but who am I to judge.

If after reading this you still think this would bore you, then you are absolutely correct in skipping this and going on a studio tour.

There is something for everyone.

skier_pete
09-13-2012, 10:58 AM
If after reading this you still think this would bore you, then you are absolutely correct in skipping this and going on a studio tour.

There is something for everyone.

Hmmm, the food vendors do peak my interest a bit, especially a good corned beef sandwhich! Based on your dining reviews I think we have very similar tastes in food/restaurants, so we might have to give it a try.

The shopping and celeb spotting not so appealing to me. DD has always been more into Legos than dolls, so one of the few little girls in america that's never had an American Girl doll.

It's still not likely we will have the time for it this trip, though I bet my wife would really like it. Hollywood fascinates me in a way that I think is different from most of America. I would rather meet the writers or producers of a television show than any of the actors. Even talking with a propmaster or stunt co-ordinator would be so cool. That really why my preference would be to take my extra day and get to a studio tour. I realize this is what we will be doing all week to some degree, but I can't get enough. However, being a Saturday/Sunday perhaps we can't do that...I will certainly consider the Farmer's Market as a 2nd option!

History says this was where James Dean ate just before his auto accident, which killed him.

This sentence made me laugh, as when I first read it the thing that popped into my mind was "Eating at DuPar's killed James Dean?":goodvibes

DisneyKevin
09-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Hmmm, the food vendors do peak my interest a bit, especially a good corned beef sandwhich! Based on your dining reviews I think we have very similar tastes in food/restaurants, so we might have to give it a try.

The shopping and celeb spotting not so appealing to me. DD has always been more into Legos than dolls, so one of the few little girls in america that's never had an American Girl doll.

It's still not likely we will have the time for it this trip, though I bet my wife would really like it. Hollywood fascinates me in a way that I think is different from most of America. I would rather meet the writers or producers of a television show than any of the actors. Even talking with a propmaster or stunt co-ordinator would be so cool. That really why my preference would be to take my extra day and get to a studio tour. I realize this is what we will be doing all week to some degree, but I can't get enough. However, being a Saturday/Sunday perhaps we can't do that...I will certainly consider the Farmer's Market as a 2nd option!

This sentence made me laugh, as when I first read it the thing that popped into my mind was "Eating at DuPar's killed James Dean?":goodvibes

Of the studio tours I in which I have participated, meeting the writers, stunt folks, prop masters etc was not part of the tour. It's usually things like seeing the backlot, sound stages and seeing where things are filmed. "This is the soundstage where Everybody Loves Raymond was filmed." That kind of thing.

Unless you are very familiar with the writers or producers, they are less easy to spot than the actors. There is a low recognizability factor to the off camera folks. Unless they are walking around in an "I Produced XXXX" tshirt, you might have trouble finding them.

I want you to know that I wasnt trying to sell you on going to the Farmer's Market. I dont really have a stake in whether you go or not. I was just trying to answer your question.

We have always found lots of stuff to do. On our last trip, we went to the Santa Monica Pier, The La Brea tar pits and museum, the Griffith Observatory (absolutely cool even if you have no interest in the actual observatory).

All of this was free (no admission), but we had a car and that made transportation easy.

skier_pete
09-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Of the studio tours I in which I have participated, meeting the writers, stunt folks, prop masters etc was not part of the tour. It's usually things like seeing the backlot, sound stages and seeing where things are filmed. "This is the soundstage where Everybody Loves Raymond was filmed." That kind of thing.

Unless you are very familiar with the writers or producers, they are less easy to spot than the actors. There is a low recognizability factor to the off camera folks. Unless they are walking around in an "I Produced XXXX" tshirt, you might have trouble finding them.

I want you to know that I wasnt trying to sell you on going to the Farmer's Market. I dont really have a stake in whether you go or not. I was just trying to answer your question.

We have always found lots of stuff to do. On our last trip, we went to the Santa Monica Pier, The La Brea tar pits and museum, the Griffith Observatory (absolutely cool even if you have no interest in the actual observatory).

All of this was free (no admission), but we had a car and that made transportation easy.

No - I know the tours do not involve meeting writers or producers, just seeing backstage areas, but that's cool enough for me. I was just showing examples on what interests me about Hollywood - not "celebrities" put "operations", probably the same thing that makes me want to take this tour. Actually I'm nerdy enough that I would probably recognize a few of the bigger name producers - and not just Jerry Bruckheimer. (Directors too, I'd rather get my picture taken with Brad Bird than Tom Cruise.)

And I know you weren't trying to sell me on the Farmer's Market. I really appreciated your feedback about what made it special versus any plain old Farmer's Market!

PumpkinPilot
09-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Welcome Mandy & Phillip, Lisa & John!

Regarding pre ABD activities - Kat and I are planning on arriving LAX June 3rd then driving up to San Francisco checking out Big Sur and a few other highlights on the way. A few days there including a day at the Walt Disney Family Museum and then flying back down to LAX on the 9th in time to start our adventure!

Post night stays are still being worked out. Does anyone know if it's possible to do ABD post nights at an alternative Disney resort? We'd love to check out the Disneyland hotel for 1 or 2 nights but don't know if we can still take advantage of the ABD airport transfer back to LAX at the end of our stay?

Getting super excited the more I think about this trip, then I look at the calendar and it still seems sooo far away!

Adam

DisneyKevin
09-14-2012, 11:05 AM
Does anyone know if it's possible to do ABD post nights at an alternative Disney resort? We'd love to check out the Disneyland hotel for 1 or 2 nights but don't know if we can still take advantage of the ABD airport transfer back to LAX at the end of our stay?

ABD's contract is with the Grand Californian only. They can not provide additional nights at any of the other hotels.

If you want to stay at a different DL hotel, Dreams Unlimited Travel can provide a price quote, but it would be a separate reservation and transfers would not be included.

skier_pete
09-14-2012, 12:52 PM
I just noticed John and Kevin's names have been removed from the front page. Does this mean you guys won't be making the trip? I was looking forward to meeting you!

DisneyKevin
09-21-2012, 10:44 AM
I just noticed John and Kevin's names have been removed from the front page. Does this mean you guys won't be making the trip? I was looking forward to meeting you!

Just saw this. Sorry for the delay in responding.

At this point, I dont think John and I will be participating.

With the amount of travel we do, it's hard to fit everything in.

No final descisions have been made.

skier_pete
09-21-2012, 11:30 AM

Oh well, we will miss meeting you in person, but completely understand! Even for those of us that love to travel, there's only so much you can take before the fun starts to fade.

Lee Disney
09-21-2012, 12:01 PM

:(

WebmasterJohn
09-24-2012, 07:52 AM
I see that there is some interest in the LA Farmers Market.

I just published a blog about it on the FoodieTales site - http://foodietales.com/2012/09/foodie-travels-la-farmers-market-los-angeles-california/

This is a 'must do' for Kevin and I on any ABD trip we go on.

OKW Lover
09-24-2012, 08:07 AM

I just published a blog about it on the FoodieTales site - http://foodietales.com/2012/09/foodie-travels-la-farmers-market-los-angeles-california/

Thanks for reminding me to check your foodie site John. Its not yet in my regular browsing habits - I'm going to have to work on that!

Val & I did the Farmer's Market before the BSM trip this summer and really enjoyed it. We were there with some other DIS'ers and found the most difficult thing was deciding which place to eat at. :thumbsup2 I honestly don't recall where we did wind up eating but I know that there were many, many more places that we wanted to try.

Also enjoyed browsing through the specialty food and wine markets there. Mr Marcel's was very, very tempting.

WebmasterJohn
09-24-2012, 08:31 AM
Thanks for reminding me to check your foodie site John. Its not yet in my regular browsing habits - I'm going to have to work on that!

There's a place on site where you can get added to the mailing list and I will send you an email whenever a new blog is posted.

This mailing list is strictly for blog posting announcements and I will never sell or distribute your email address to anyone - in case you were worried about that :thumbsup2

OKW Lover
09-24-2012, 09:04 AM
There's a place on site where you can get added to the mailing list and I will send you an email whenever a new blog is posted.

Done!:surfweb:

Disneygrl36
09-24-2012, 11:01 AM

:confused3 Awwww.....I hope you guys decide to come. I was really looking forward to meeting you.

skier_pete
09-24-2012, 11:46 AM

Oh boy, that corned beef sandwhich looks great. I can see the nice thick slabs of beef jutting out the side. You and Kevin are making me think seriously about a stop here! Though I have to admit I was also thinking of trying to track down Phillipe's - not sure if you have heard of it, but the place where the "French Dipped" sandwhich was supposedly invented? More mouth-watering goodness! Though, that seems more out of the way than the Farmer's Market would be.

BTW, I really enjoy your FoodieTales site, though I haven't signed up for the e-mails yet, I just check it out once a week or so. I love the concept of having a site for recommendations by locals and travelers that includes reviews AND pictures. Us DISers get so used to our food porn. I have to submit some of my own ideas for the "Eat like a local" segment! (Though not all of them are local to where I live now.)

Lee Disney
10-09-2012, 05:46 PM
8 months!! :)

ymxbfalcon
10-10-2012, 05:16 AM
8 months!! :)

That sounds so much better than "almost a year," which is where we were at when I first decided to do this. :goodvibes

starwood
10-10-2012, 06:34 AM
241 Days 23 Hrs 27 Mins 25 Secs

5816 hours
348986 minutes
20939158 seconds

PumpkinPilot
10-10-2012, 06:59 AM
241 Days 23 Hrs 27 Mins 25 Secs 5816 hours 348986 minutes 20939158 seconds

Lol...love that! Can't wait. So excited about this trip. Even more so now after being at the London Dis meet and live podcast last night! Too cool

skier_pete
10-10-2012, 07:53 AM
241 Days 23 Hrs 27 Mins 25 Secs

5816 hours
348986 minutes
20939158 seconds

Whenever I see a breakdown like that, I think:
"This does NOT make me feel like it's getting closer!"

241 days! :crazy2:

5816 hours! :sad:

I'll stick with 8 months! :cool1:

Lee Disney
10-10-2012, 09:28 PM
How about 7 months and 30 days, that sounds better!

DarthVader92
10-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Curious if anyone is planning on spending a few extra nights in Disneyland? If so, where and for how long. We were thinking of staying DVC grand Californian (if available) and check out Sunday. I'd rather check out Monday but Starwood thinks Sunday will be better :(

skier_pete
10-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Curious if anyone is planning on spending a few extra nights in Disneyland? If so, where and for how long. We were thinking of staying DVC grand Californian (if available) and check out Sunday. I'd rather check out Monday but Starwood thinks Sunday will be better :(

We are going to try and stay until Sunday as well, but will only be able to afford an off-site stay. Sounds like from what's been said if you stay past Friday, you have to buy a new ticket to enter the parks - can't add to the existing ticket. We will likely get a one-day ticket for Saturday in that case. There are others staying as well I believe.

Chropistopy
10-14-2012, 11:19 PM
We'll be staying until Sunday as well. I don't get to DLR too often so I'm packing in as many days as possible before having to return to work. We'll be extending the stay at the Grand Californian.

ymxbfalcon
10-15-2012, 05:08 AM

I'm planning to stay one extra night at the Grand Californian and leave Saturday. I'd love to stay longer, but I believe Sunday is Father's Day, and, as I recently missed Father's Day to hang out on Castaway Cay, I'd like to be back home for that.

Roryh22
10-15-2012, 04:05 PM
I'm planning on staying until Wednesday but most likely offsite or possibly at the Disneyland Hotel if there is a good rate.

It's my first trip over to California so as I'm flying all the way I might as well stay for awhile. I will probably go to Knotts and Magic Mountain as well over the extra days.

Disneygrl36
10-15-2012, 04:45 PM
We will be staying over 2 nights I think. I am shooting for 2 nights at DVC Grand Cali but if we can't get that, might change over to Disneyland hotel for 2 nights....will be expensive, but I'd really rather stay there, but will stay at GCV on points if I can get it.

PumpkinPilot
10-16-2012, 06:49 AM
We have return flights heading back to London on the Tuesday, so staying an extra few but haven't actually booked anything yet. We'd love to stay at the Disneyland hotel having recently been refurb'd but depends on the cost with all the additional extras like park tickets etc. If we can't spring for there it'll be an offsite hotel....or a tent!

Lee Disney
10-16-2012, 11:18 AM
We are definately going to stay an extra night or two. I'm waiting for Southwest to open reservations for that time so I can figure out what works best.

DarthVader92
10-21-2012, 09:59 AM
FYI if anyone lives in the New York/new jersey area. JetBlue has a great fare the morning of Saturday (june 8th) out to lax. $149!!!

We are most likely going to take this flight out there and fly southwest coming home. Flights coming home are about $263

Not sure if this helps anyone but if it does great!

starwood
10-21-2012, 06:28 PM
We have our flight out now I just need to find a flight home.

skier_pete
10-21-2012, 06:31 PM
FYI if anyone lives in the New York/new jersey area. JetBlue has a great fare the morning of Saturday (june 8th) out to lax. $149!!!

We are most likely going to take this flight out there and fly southwest coming home. Flights coming home are about $263

Not sure if this helps anyone but if it does great!

Nice fare! Unfortunately we are on the wrong end of the state for that one.

I will be thrilled if we can RT around $400!

Roryh22
10-21-2012, 06:37 PM
Hoping to book an upper class miles seat in January for my flight over. I should have enough miles after Podcast Cruise 4.0 ;).

disneykiwi
10-22-2012, 03:52 PM
We are staying another 10 days after the tour - at the Best Western Pasrk Place Inn - right across the road from the parks. Its a long way to come from NZ so we decided to make the most of it and stay a couple of weeks all up.:cool1:

Now we just have to pay for it!!! :crazy2:

skier_pete
10-22-2012, 10:37 PM
So, I wanted to give everyone a head's up for those looking for SWA tickets. SWA has posted that on November 19th they will be opening their schedule through August 9th, which will of course include our travel dates. They sometimes adjust that date, but it is a Monday which is when they've been opening of late.

However, I also have noticed that they don't always have the best prices on opening day like they used to, so buyer beware.

DarthVader92
11-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Hey Pete, correct me if I'm wrong but I think they give you a credit if the price goes down.

skier_pete
11-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Hey Pete, correct me if I'm wrong but I think they give you a credit if the price goes down.

Yes, they do give you credit, but it is a bit restrictive. You have to use the credit on the original ticket holder (a change in recent years ) and also have to fly with the money within one year of the purchase date of the original ticket. If you would still be able to use it then its a good buy.

skier_pete
11-19-2012, 07:35 AM
Hey everyone,

For those looking for flights on Southwest, seats for June opened up today!

We bought our tickets because the price was right.

Flying out on Saturday, June 8th, arriving 3:20 PM
Leaving Saturday, June 15th @ 1:30 PM. This flights even direct (one stop, no plane change) which is the best you can possibly do LA -> Buffalo.

Round trip, Buffalo to LAX was $398. One flight was booked on points, so we only paid for the one flight plus $7.50.

We were hoping to return home on Sunday, but the flights on Sunday are $70 greater than Saturday. Combine that with an extra day park pass for Saturday, plus an extra night hotel stay on Saturday, and we couldn't come up with a good reason to spend an extra $500+ on a trip that's already stretching our budget to the breaking point, so we will just have Friday as an "extra" day in the park.

Next up...booking hotel rooms for the first night / last night. (Wish we could stay that one extra night at the Grand California, but I don't think I could justify it without some sort of deep discount rate.)

SP

ymxbfalcon
11-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Hey everyone,

For those looking for flights on Southwest, seats for June opened up today!

We bought our tickets because the price was right.

Flying out on Saturday, June 8th, arriving 3:20 PM
Leaving Saturday, June 15th @ 1:30 PM. This flights even direct (one stop, no plane change) which is the best you can possibly do LA -> Buffalo.

Round trip, Buffalo to LAX was $398. One flight was booked on points, so we only paid for the one flight plus $7.50.

We were hoping to return home on Sunday, but the flights on Sunday are $70 greater than Saturday. Combine that with an extra day park pass for Saturday, plus an extra night hotel stay on Saturday, and we couldn't come up with a good reason to spend an extra $500+ on a trip that's already stretching our budget to the breaking point, so we will just have Friday as an "extra" day in the park.

Next up...booking hotel rooms for the first night / last night. (Wish we could stay that one extra night at the Grand California, but I don't think I could justify it without some sort of deep discount rate.)

SP

I just purchased my plane ticket too. I was able to get direct flights both ways, and I was happy with the times and prices. :goodvibes

DisneyKevin
11-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Some great news....

We have 4 - 6 spaces available for this Adventure!

Know anybody that wants to have an AMAZING Time?

OKW Lover
11-23-2012, 01:17 PM
So tempting!!! If Val & I weren't already doing the DCL west Coast reposition cruise and the first Alaska cruise just before that....

Anybody on the fence for this should just go ahead and book it. Val & I did it this past summer and it was a wonderful experience. Some really great things that you just can't get anywhere else.

starwood
11-24-2012, 02:36 PM
Grand California DVC waitlist came through! 3 nights post ABD.

DarthVader92
11-26-2012, 09:01 AM
I know it's early to be thinking about dining, but trying to decide where we might want to dine. I was looking at the itinerary and saw that lunch on Disneyland day is provided but is not told where. Anyone know where this lunch is?

Also, if we were looking to getting reservations for dining during ABD can ABD set it up for us? I'm guessing that we only need to look at dinner on Disneyland day and lunch on California adventure day.

DisneyKevin
11-26-2012, 09:18 AM
I know it's early to be thinking about dining, but trying to decide where we might want to dine. I was looking at the itinerary and saw that lunch on Disneyland day is provided but is not told where. Anyone know where this lunch is?

Also, if we were looking to getting reservations for dining during ABD can ABD set it up for us? I'm guessing that we only need to look at dinner on Disneyland day and lunch on California adventure day.

In the past, lunch has been on a voucher system. ABD provides the vouchers and you can then dine where you'd like.

ABD will assist with dining recommendations and reservations during the Adventure. They do not make dining reservations in advance.

That being said, Disneyland dining reservations are much easier to acquire that WDW reservations. Unless you have an exceptionally large party or have a very specific time, reservations are usually available much closer to travel. The exceptions to this can be Napa Rose and Blue Bayou.

Something else to keep in mind....dining reservations will cut into your OYO time. ABD will provide fast passes for you to enjoy your time in the parks and most guests find that the OYO time is already tight. My suggestion is to consider "grab and go" unless you have your heart set on a specific location.

We have never made reservations prior to departure and have never had an issue going where we wanted. We havent ever tried to go to Blue Bayou during an ABD trip, so that wasnt an issue.

OKW Lover
11-26-2012, 09:37 AM
Matt, Kevin has already given you some good advice here so I won't reiterate what he has said.

On the DL day, Val & I used our voucher at the Plaza. We don't eat much and were able to split a chicken dinner with desert. After using one voucher and our 20% AP discount on the excess we wound up paying about $1 out of pocket for the meal. I forget what we used the second voucher for but it was something similar. The Plaza is good because the food is hot and tasty plus its quick to get in and out.

AndyPok1
11-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Fact. And the voucher is good on any day of your adventure, including the last day where you only get breakfast.

I just got a small snack for lunch that day that lunch was "provided" and paid out of pocket (since there was only 1 of me). Then I saved the voucher for a good meal in the afternoon before my flight.

skier_pete
11-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Hmmm....this is interesting about the voucher thing.

Does this mean we get one voucher (per person) for each of the two days at Disneyland?

What sort of meal is it good for? OKW Lover mentions The Plaza, but is it pretty much good for any dining in the parks (except I'm guessing Blue Bayou and Carthay Circle)?

We were thinking of eating at Carthay Circle on Friday, but haven't really thought about any other meals. Not that I plan on calling for reservations anytime soon, but this more just curiousity how they work.

OKW Lover
11-26-2012, 01:07 PM
The voucher was for a specific dollar value (or actually up to a specific dollar value) if I remember correctly. I think there may have been some restrictions but don't recall them and I suspect they were pretty few.

Yes, it is one voucher per person.

DisneyKevin
11-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Hmmm....this is interesting about the voucher thing.

Does this mean we get one voucher (per person) for each of the two days at Disneyland?

What sort of meal is it good for? OKW Lover mentions The Plaza, but is it pretty much good for any dining in the parks (except I'm guessing Blue Bayou and Carthay Circle)?

We were thinking of eating at Carthay Circle on Friday, but haven't really thought about any other meals. Not that I plan on calling for reservations anytime soon, but this more just curiousity how they work.

The vouchers are for a dollar amount and not specific menu items.

I apologize for not remembering more of the details. We ended up giving ours away, as we had other plans.

AndyPok1
11-26-2012, 02:09 PM
It was reasonable. I believe it was $15 or so per person. Give or take $5.

You only get the voucher for the Disneyland day, because there are activities that go most of the day, so they need to provide lunch. The DCA day didn't have lunch (though Dreams did provide something).

Disneygrl36
11-26-2012, 05:24 PM
Our DVC waitlist for 2 nights at Grand Californian Villas came in today too! Yeah....Now we will have to make our own arrangements to get back to the airport, but that will be much cheaper than paying out of pocket for 2 more nights at the DL resort.:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Still looking for flights & not sure hwen I am going to jump. Right now the cheapest I can find from our home airport is 425$ which isn't too bad I guess.

DarthVader92
11-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Be sure to look into either super shuttle or prime time shuttle for transportation back to the airport.

OKW Lover
11-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Be sure to look into either super shuttle or prime time shuttle for transportation back to the airport.

Depending on which airport you are flying home from and how many in the party you may be just as well off taking a taxi. If you were flying out of SNA, a taxi one way is ~$40. They have flat rate coupons at GC's guest relations counter.

Suggestion for those considering their inward flights and wondering about getting to CA a day or two before the actual tour - do it!!! And book the extra days through ABD (yes, I know the place is expensive) so that you get the transfers from LAX to the hotel. It is so worth it not to have to deal with the logistics of getting out to Hollywood and the hotel is located right in the heart of the strip.

HollyMac71
11-27-2012, 05:50 PM
If you can fly out of the SNA airport. It's about 30 minutes from DL.

skier_pete
11-28-2012, 07:04 AM

Depending on which airport you are flying home from and how many in the party you may be just as well off taking a taxi. If you were flying out of SNA, a taxi one way is ~$40. They have flat rate coupons at GC's guest relations counter.

If you can fly out of the SNA airport. It's about 30 minutes from DL.

So, just this past July, we flew into SNA and out of LAX going to Disneyland, and we used Supershuttle both ways. If you have the Entertainment book - there's a discount coupon in there, I think it's $2 per person.

Looking at my records, we paid $8 per person from SNA to the Tropicana on Harbor Boulevard (probably about 25 minutes), and we paid $14 per person from the Tropicana to LAX (45-60 minutes). Leaving SNA we literally walked up to the shuttle and it drove us off. It was right across the road from the terminal. We were in our hotel less than an hour after getting off the plane. Traveling back we waited about 15 minutes past our provided "window" for the shuttle to arrive at the hotel, waiting about 30 minutes total. There was some confusion as a shuttle came and dropped someone at the hotel, then drove off without us. When that happened, I called, and they explained that that was not our scheduled shuttle, and ours was on its way. We've also used Supershuttle in Arizona in the past and had all good experiences.

Since we are staying an extra day at the end, I am planning on using supershuttle again ths trip from Disney to LAX. (Expect they will want to pick you up about 2.5 - 3 hours before your flight.)

Pete

DisneyKevin
11-28-2012, 08:22 AM
For those Adventurers unfamiliar with ABD policy, ABD will provide arrival transfers from LAX only.

For your departure, ABD will provide transfers to LAX or SNA (Orange County / John Wayne Airport).

Incoming flights should arrive prior to 1:00pm on the day the Adventure begins. This allows time to get to the hotel, check in and get to the Welcome Dinner. If you arrive earlier and have booked your pre-night with ABD, your arrival time doesnt matter.

Departure flights on the last day of the Adventure can be at any time. ABD states that the last shuttle to LAX leaves at 4:00pm. Your shuttle will be scheduled approximately 3 hours prior to your flight out of LAX.

ABD provides transfers to guests under an ABD reservation only. Should you decide to arrive early or stay later and book your extra nights through ABD...transfers are included. If you book pre or post nights on your own (this includes booking your own Disney hotel and DVC), transfers are not included.

With every one of these trips I get questions about arriving in Los Angeles early and renting a car.

Should you decide to do this, ABD will still provide transfers from LAX on the day the Adventure begins. You would have to meet the transfers at a certain place and time at the airport. If this is a possible option, I need to know as I need to make certain ABD schedules that transportation. If no one is scheduled, that transfer will not be there.

Also, if you live close enough to drive or have a rental car that you wish to keep for after the Adventure, you can park at the Grand Californian (free of charge) and ABD will provide transfers on the day the Adventure begins. Again, there are specifics with this and it needs to be scheduled in advance

With the discussion of airfare, airports, transfers, transfer companies etc....I though this might get confusing. I hope this helps

skier_pete
11-28-2012, 08:35 AM
With every one of these trips I get questions about arriving in Los Angeles early and renting a car.

Should you decide to do this, ABD will still provide transfers from LAX on the day the Adventure begins. You would have to meet the transfers at a certain place and time at the airport. If this is a possible option, I need to know as I need to make certain ABD schedules that transportation. If no one is scheduled, that transfer will not be there.

Kevin,

My wife and I are planning on doing this...coming in on Saturday and renting a car for 1 day, and then returning to LAX on Sunday to drop off the car and pick up the ABD transport.

Please have ABD let us know time and location @ LAX on Sunday and we will be sure to be there with plenty of time to spare! Thanks!

Peter

P.S. If you need a separate e-mail on this from us, please let me know.

DisneyKevin
11-28-2012, 08:42 AM
Kevin,

My wife and I are planning on doing this...coming in on Saturday and renting a car for 1 day, and then returning to LAX on Sunday to drop off the car and pick up the ABD transport.

Please have ABD let us know time and location @ LAX on Sunday and we will be sure to be there with plenty of time to spare! Thanks!

Peter

P.S. If you need a separate e-mail on this from us, please let me know.

Please email me with your plans and I will make sure this is set up and that you have the correct info.

Thanks.

Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

Lee Disney
12-01-2012, 09:41 PM
We just booked our flights. :cool1: We arrive just before noon on Friday and depart the following Saturday morning. We plan to rent a car for the first couple of days as well and possibly do a side trip on Saturday to the San Diego zoo. I'm so excited! :yay:

OKW Lover
12-02-2012, 06:17 AM
We just booked our flights. :cool1: We arrive just before noon on Friday and depart the following Saturday morning. We plan to rent a car for the first couple of days as well and possibly do a side trip on Saturday to the San Diego zoo. I'm so excited! :yay:

Sounds good Lisa. Just wanted to suggest though that you do not try to cram too much into those pre-ABD days. Once the actual ABD part of the trip starts you'll find yourself constantly on the go. We found that the change in time zones had us awake really early but ready to fall asleep at 7:00 pm. :rolleyes1

BriarRosie
12-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Grand California DVC waitlist came through! 3 nights post ABD.

Our DVC waitlist for 2 nights at Grand Californian Villas came in today too! Yeah....Now we will have to make our own arrangements to get back to the airport, but that will be much cheaper than paying out of pocket for 2 more nights at the DL resort.:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Still looking for flights & not sure hwen I am going to jump. Right now the cheapest I can find from our home airport is 425$ which isn't too bad I guess.

Nice going! I put myself on the waitlist on November 14th and am still waiting for the 2 post-ABD days at GCV. In the meantime, I have a "safety" reservation at the Tropicana on Harbor. They had a web special rate of $129, which was actually a better rate than I was seeing for similar hotels in the area.

Wish me luck that my wait list comes through!

skier_pete
12-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Gosh - no one else said it yesterday, so I'll say it today!

SIX MONTHS TO GO!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

starwood
12-10-2012, 12:19 PM
woo hoo! Still haven't booked airfare home. I just got a $50 Southwest GC from Coke Rewards so I want to wait until I get that in the mail.

ymxbfalcon
12-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Gosh - no one else said it yesterday, so I'll say it today!

SIX MONTHS TO GO!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
I didn't say it, but I was thinking it. Does that count? ;)

Lee Disney
12-10-2012, 08:09 PM
gosh - no one else said it yesterday, so i'll say it today!

six months to go!
Yippee!

skier_pete
12-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Was just on travelocity because of an announced sale. They are showing the Lowe's Hollywood hotel for $219 a night plus tax ($252.51 inclusive) for both June 7th and June 8th. I think that's about $25 less per night than ABD is charging. Of course I don't know how that affects transfers or anything, but I thought I would put it out there if anyone was interested.

(I booked us at the LAX Hilton for $93 a night on Saturday, June 8th, non-refundable. Need to save money where we can on this trip.)

DisneyKevin
12-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Please help me welcome Keith (rkdahl) and Cathy to our Adventure!

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

ymxbfalcon
12-16-2012, 09:38 AM

:welcome: I look forward to getting to know both of you!

starwood
12-16-2012, 11:31 AM

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/starwood2000/clipart/dog20.jpg

Just booked return flight home with miles on United. Nonstop flight LAX to Newark.

Chropistopy
12-18-2012, 12:50 PM

Welcome!!

skier_pete
12-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Just booked return flight home with miles on United. Nonstop flight LAX to Newark.

Oh man. Good for you. Very jealous! Best we can ever hope for is "direct", which is only "direct" in that you don't get off the plane. :lmao:

starwood
12-18-2012, 03:29 PM
It's so hard to find non-stop flights anymore. If we fly to Florida we can fly Jet Blue or Southwest non-stop but all the others stop in Atlanta.

Disneygrl36
12-20-2012, 08:33 AM
:welcome: Keith & Cathy!

Bought our airfare last night. I have been watching it for weeks & it isn't going down & I am afraid it willl start going up, so I went ahead & took the plunge. Now to plan our before & after days. :cool1:

rkdahl
12-20-2012, 10:20 PM
Thanks everyone! Just getting off PCC 4.0 last weekend. A wonderful trip, thanks guys!

We heard so many positive comments on this ABD trip we just had to sign up! Looking forward to meeting everyone and having an outstanding tour this Summer!

Keith and Cathy

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

skier_pete
01-04-2013, 12:09 PM
Just listening to the Jan 3rd podcast, and heard Kevin announce the tour is sold out. I count 29 names listed on the first page, though John and Kevin aren't listed and I guess might still come. But still, seems like a good size limit to me! Does anyone know, is this trip limited just to DIS'ers or is there going to be a few "outsiders". Those folks would be in for a shock, right!

On another topic...I discovered that our local BJs sells $25 Disney gift cards for $23.99. Am I crazy to think about picking up a few hundred dollars of these just to save 4 %? I mean, 4 % of what I spend on Disney each year would be...well, a lot.

SkierPete

DisneyKevin
01-04-2013, 12:18 PM
John and I will not be taking part in this Adventure.

Other members of the Dis team will be part of the Adventure.

All that being said, this Adventure is sold out.

Chropistopy
01-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Does anyone have any experience with Starline tours? I'm thinking about getting 48 hour passes to cover Saturday and Sunday (pre-time) to use as a way to get around without depending on taxis or renting a car. It is a hop-on hop-off bus that goes to all the main sites in LA including going out to Santa Monica, etc. I've done something similar in NYC but not with the same company.

skier_pete
01-04-2013, 03:23 PM

Again, disappointed to hear you won't be there as you and John are our faves on the podcast, but understand that you guys can't join on every trip.

At the same time, excited to hear the number looks to be limited around 30 people. Seems like a pretty manageable group. (I seem to remember one of the early trips was more like 40+ people.)

Actually though, I AM glad to hear we might get to meet other DIS team members and that Pete is spreading the love with who's going...hopefully some team members that haven't had the chance to do BSM yet! I sometimes feel like we will be in the wild minority in having not done this or any Podcast outings before. (My wife is a bit nervous because she doesn't go on the DIS or listen to the Podcasts, so feels likes she might really be "on the outs". (She is a Disney lover, but not as big a Disney geek as I.) I really don't think this is the case though as I find DISers in general to be the nicest bunch of people on the internet and really friendly when you meet them in person.

Oops, caught myself rambling again. Happy Friday everyone!

Chropistopy
01-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Again, disappointed to hear you won't be there as you and John are our faves on the podcast, but understand that you guys can't join on every trip.

At the same time, excited to hear the number looks to be limited around 30 people. Seems like a pretty manageable group. (I seem to remember one of the early trips was more like 40+ people.)

Actually though, I AM glad to hear we might get to meet other DIS team members and that Pete is spreading the love with who's going...hopefully some team members that haven't had the chance to do BSM yet! I sometimes feel like we will be in the wild minority in having not done this or any Podcast outings before. (My wife is a bit nervous because she doesn't go on the DIS or listen to the Podcasts, so feels likes she might really be "on the outs". (She is a Disney lover, but not as big a Disney geek as I.) I really don't think this is the case though as I find DISers in general to be the nicest bunch of people on the internet and really friendly when you meet them in person.

Oops, caught myself rambling again. Happy Friday everyone!

Tell your wife not to worry. On all the DIS trips I've been on, there's always a spouse or significant other that is along for the ride. They quickly get pulled into the group.

Disneygrl36
01-04-2013, 04:07 PM

:( Sad that we won't get to meet you Kevin & the genius :rotfl2: John. Looking forward to meeting everyone else though. This will be our first DIS specific trip but we have done this ABD before & are excited to see the changes & can't wait for the extra perks that come along with it being a DIS exclusive trip.:cool1:

BriarRosie
01-04-2013, 11:30 PM
:( Sad that we won't get to meet you Kevin & the genius :rotfl2: John. Looking forward to meeting everyone else though. This will be our first DIS specific trip but we have done this ABD before & are excited to see the changes & can't wait for the extra perks that come along with it being a DIS exclusive trip.:cool1:

At any rate, Melanie, you and Eric and I have the unique experience of seeing all the changes I believe have been "upgrades" since our ABD adventure. :thumbsup2

This is my second one with DIS team members. And my second one with a few repeat guests on different ABD trips, so it's kind of cool for me to merge my former ABD pals together. :hug:

skier_pete
01-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Tell your wife not to worry. On all the DIS trips I've been on, there's always a spouse or significant other that is along for the ride. They quickly get pulled into the group.

I'm not too worried, she's a big time Disney fan as well, but thanks for the support. We are trying not to get too excited about this trip, but its hard not too. Right now we have a vacation to my parents in Arizona to disctract us coming up in February, but after that, we will be talking about this quite a bit. (We also aren't letting our DD know about it just yet, we plan on telling her a ways in advance, but describing it as a "backstage hollywood tour for adults only" and not going to mention the Disney part.

disneykiwi
01-07-2013, 01:12 AM

Hi Kevin

Just want to add my disappointment that you and John wont be joining us:sad1:

I was really looking forward to meeting you especially after all the wonderful helpful info you gave us on the wheelchair access on the tour - which convinced us to give it a go. Another time maybe. Really looking forward to meeting any members of the podcast crew as I love listening to it.

Hey Skier_Pete
Christine (my sister) who is coming with me is in the same boat as your wife and was worried about not being on the DIS etc (she does listen to the podcast a bit now though) but she is into Disney just as much as me and I am sure will fit in easily.

Nearly at the 5 month mark :banana:

skier_pete
01-07-2013, 07:51 AM
Hey Skier_Pete
Christine (my sister) who is coming with me is in the same boat as your wife and was worried about not being on the DIS etc (she does listen to the podcast a bit now though) but she is into Disney just as much as me and I am sure will fit in easily.

Nearly at the 5 month mark :banana:

Ha - Christine and Ulana can sit together and roll their eyes at the rest of us crazies. :rolleyes:

Lee Disney
01-07-2013, 08:08 AM
My husband John will join the eye rollers! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

DisneyKevin
01-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Howdy Folks....

Please help me officially welcome Leah, Lindsay and Kathryn to our Adventure!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

disneykiwi
01-08-2013, 01:15 AM
Howdy Folks....

Please help me officially welcome Leah, Lindsay and Kathryn to our Adventure!!!!

Welcome to you all. :welcome:

Ha - Christine and Ulana can sit together and roll their eyes at the rest of us crazies. :rolleyes:
Cool - she is good at the eye roll :lmao: Also shopping.

My husband John will join the eye rollers! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

great - eye rollers galore :woohoo:

Chropistopy
01-08-2013, 06:13 AM
Howdy Folks....

Welcome Leah, Lindsay, and Kathryn!

starwood
01-08-2013, 06:17 AM
Howdy Folks....

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/starwood2000/clipart/welcome1.gif

kgibbler20
01-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Just wanted to say Welcome to everyone on our trip and

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!

I can't believe our adventure starts in 152 days!

Chropistopy
01-09-2013, 10:57 AM
We've hit the 5 month mark!!! :cool1:

starwood
01-09-2013, 11:15 AM

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/starwood2000/clipart/dancingfruits0nm.gif

skier_pete
01-09-2013, 02:35 PM
Ya beat me to it this month!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I've probably said this before - but I get such a kick out of seeing every post on a thread have the same ticker date! It makes me giddy. Hee Hee! (Yes, I DO need therapy.)

Lee Disney
01-09-2013, 03:45 PM

Great minds think alike. I came on to say the same! :banana::banana::banana:

Lee Disney
01-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Ya beat me to it this month!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I've probably said this before - but I get such a kick out of seeing every post on a thread have the same ticker date! It makes me giddy. Hee Hee! (Yes, I DO need therapy.)

I can never figure out how to put a ticker on. I've designed it many times but don't know how to get it on there.:confused3

skier_pete
01-09-2013, 09:31 PM
I can never figure out how to put a ticker on. I've designed it many times but don't know how to get it on there.:confused3

Not that hard. Under your "User CP" (upper left) just select "Edit Signature". Then when you make the ticker, there should be a version that starts and ends with [url] that you have to copy and then paste in there.

Mine for example is:
[u r l=http://distickers.com/ticker/][i m g]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/mcqy2jpwibw1ttk5.png[/i m g][/u r l]

Except that I put spaces in URL and IMG so that it would show up as letters. If you want to duplicate that one you could while removing the spaces. Or you should be able to make your own.

Lee Disney
01-12-2013, 11:39 AM
Thanks Pete! Now testing it...

Lee Disney
01-12-2013, 11:40 AM
YAY!! It worked!

OKW Lover
01-12-2013, 11:58 AM
YAY!! It worked!

:banana::banana::banana:

Those dates are coming up fast!

skier_pete