PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Dis Exclusive Backstage Magic 12/15 - 12/20/13 SOLD OUT!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

DisneyKevin
06-18-2012, 08:57 PM
The Dis will be going to the Disneyland Resort December 15th - December 20th, 2013.

I have not included the details of this Adventure as it has already sold out.

Here is our list of folks going to see Mickey at Christmas....

Lauren - Stenoboxx
Jeri - Lauren's hubby
Karen - apurplebrat
Kaye - Karen's Mom
Frank - skunkvette
Cathy - 2vettecool
Jason - Jwren1234
Christy - Chropistopy
Erica - Ilwynlea
Steve - JustSteve
Mark - mnra
Susan - suezq55
Alta - SleepingAriel28
Marjorie - Alta's Mom
Jonathan - biozfear
Lisa - Jonathan's Wife
Jon - JonKPest
Melissa - Jon's Wife
Wallis - addicted to dopey
Leo - nyguy3
Susan - suecoppola
William - Sue's Hubby
John - GrmpyTggr
Linda - wdwscout
Jen - NejTheLion
Barry - BartheBear
Debbi - TheFairyGodmother
Sue - DisneySuzy
Fred
Liz - myweegirls
Eric - DEA
Kevin - DisneyKevin
John - WebmasterJohn
Pete - WebmasterPete
Walter - AKAScar

This is going to be an awesome Adventure.

Let the planning begin!
(It's going to be fun to look back at this in December 2013 and think that we started planning 18 months in advance.) :)

JonKPest
06-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Hi Everyone!

I have almost booked this Adventure so many times before. When I worked up the nerve and $$$$ to book it, I've been too late because it has sold out. But not THIS TIME!!

I (Jon) and my wife (of 38 years) Melissa went on the Light, Camera, Magic
Tour last February and really enjoyed the one day Tour. So now we can't wait for more ABD Drugs, were hooked! :dance3:

Chropistopy
06-18-2012, 09:32 PM
Woohoo! Can't wait to spend the next 18 months talking and planning for this trip with you guys. It will be great to spend the holidays at Disneyland with some old and new friends.:santa:

SleepingAriel28
06-19-2012, 12:40 AM
Hi everyone

We have booked this event before but had to cancel and this time I am determined that we will go.

Here's to us finally going on an ABD yeah!!!

Alta aka sleepingariel28

skunkvette
06-19-2012, 05:01 AM
Like some others on this tour. this will be our third DIS/ABD/BSM adventure, and we can't wait!

Great tour with great people - it is going to be a blast!

biozfear
06-19-2012, 07:47 AM
This has to be furthest out I've ever booked a holiday - seems crazy that we have yet to do this Christmas and then its a year to go!

I'm so looking forward to it though - I've been wanting to join one of these tours ever since I heard about them on the podcast, though I've never been in the position to do it until now. I can't wait to see Disneyland for the first time, but I'm especially looking forward to Henson studios!

jnjusoioa
06-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Hi Everyone, I am Jenn, I am very excited about this trip. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. This trip just sounds so amazing, I was going to try and wait a few years but just don't think I could do it. So hopefully 18 months is enough time to save up. :santa:

wdwscout
06-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Hi everyone.
We are super excited to finally be planning a DIS-ABD adventure!
We do actually plan most trips far in advance, so 18 months is fine with me. We have just gotten to the point where having one more Disney trip in the works is just not enough- we have to have several!! :3dglasses

We are headed out on PCC 3.0 this coming weekend, plus we have PCC 4.0 this December. Then we can start counting our time until the 2013 ABD/BSM.

John is my husband. GrmpyTggr is his board name- and a very good descriptor, I might add ;) (it describes his pre and post morning coffee personalities!). He has never posted on the boards, although he is a loyal/avid podcast listener.

We have been to Disneyland twice so far and LOVE it. We can't wait to see it through ABD's eyes and with so many soon-to-be friends. :flower3:

With the trip ending so close to Christmas, we will probably head home as soon as it ends, but will also likely plan a few days prior to the ABD. Thinking of San Francisco again, but we shall see. In 2010 we did SF and the Disney Family Museum prior to our Disneyland vacation. Would love to do that again.

Looking forward to meeting everyone. I have to say- I am glad we will get to meet many of the people from this most recent Italy trip. I followed the thread throughout your trip- loved the photos and the stories. And as long as there is no bus backing up over a cliff in the Backstage Magic ABD, I will be a happy camper!

stenogoddess
06-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Hey there!

I'm so excited about this trip! :yay: We've done the Dis Backstage Magic before, but I think the Christmas and Cars Land is going to make it even special - er! I can't wait! Luckily we have 4.0 to look forward to because 18 months is going to take awhile! :goodvibes

JWren1234
06-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Very excited to be part of this group! Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

This will be my fourth ABD BSM trip (by the time this trip takes place), and in my opinion it is the best vacation of all time!

Looking forward to planning over the next year and a half!

Jason

Chropistopy
06-20-2012, 03:43 PM
Very excited to be part of this group! Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

This will be my fourth ABD BSM trip (by the time this trip takes place), and in my opinion it is the best vacation of all time!

Looking forward to planning over the next year and a half!

Jason

So does that mean you are planning on the June trip as well? I'm currently booked on that trip too. I think my cousin is going to be joining me on that trip. We'll have to assimilate her. :)

BriarRosie
06-20-2012, 04:30 PM
So does that mean you are planning on the June trip as well? I'm currently booked on that trip too. I think my cousin is going to be joining me on that trip. We'll have to assimilate her. :)

Yes yes! I'm having a mini ABD reunion with Melanie and Eric, who did the BSM trip in December 2008. We're excited to see how this trip will be plussed up since we last went. I'm glad you're going too!

DisneyKevin
06-20-2012, 04:39 PM
"how this trip will be plussed up"

This is quite an expression.:thumbsup2

Chropistopy
06-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Yes yes! I'm having a mini ABD reunion with Melanie and Eric, who did the BSM trip in December 2008. We're excited to see how this trip will be plussed up since we last went. I'm glad you're going too!

I'm excited for two trips to DLR in 2013! Now the waiting begins...

JWren1234
06-20-2012, 04:53 PM

Hi Christy!

Yes, I'm going on the June trip as well!

Jason

Chropistopy
06-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Hi Christy!

Jason

:thumbsup2

BriarRosie
06-20-2012, 09:23 PM
This is quite an expression.:thumbsup2

Well, I had to drink the Disney Kool-Aid when I went through Traditions at The Disney Store in the mid-1990s. I still use words like "plussed" because I was stationed in collectibles. (Back then TDS actually had collectibles.) And I still fold all my tshirts the way they taught us. :rotfl2:

Hi Christy!

Jason

:thumbsup2 Now I'll feel like I'm part of another ABD reunion. I can't wait to see a new thread showing who booked.

stenogoddess
06-21-2012, 03:43 PM
My paperwork for this trip came today! Crazy!

wdwscout
06-21-2012, 05:54 PM

We got ours too! It makes it so official! :thumbsup2

Chropistopy
06-21-2012, 08:25 PM

Wow! It's still so weird to be planning on a trip 18 months away. I have not seen my paperwork but I did book several days after you. Let's see if I can actually keep up with this paperwork for the next year and a half.

stenogoddess
06-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Wow! It's still so weird to be planning on a trip 18 months away. I have not seen my paperwork but I did book several days after you. Let's see if I can actually keep up with this paperwork for the next year and a half.

No no no :scared1: Some of it has to be returned in 15 days or they consider you canceled! So don't just throw it on your desk and forget about it. That would make me so sad! :hug:

wdwscout
06-21-2012, 11:02 PM
No no no :scared1: Some of it has to be returned in 15 days or they consider you canceled! So don't just throw it on your desk and forget about it. That would make me so sad! :hug:

:scared1: wow! Thanks for pointing that out.
We are ready to leave for PCC 3.0 and were not really paying attention to the paperwork for a trip 18 months away.

I am so glad you mentioned that. It goes in the mail on our way to the airport!

Thank you! :hippie:

Chropistopy
06-22-2012, 06:13 AM

Thanks for reminding me! I'll jump right on it when it arrives. It would not do to be canceled out of this trip.

jnjusoioa
06-22-2012, 09:19 AM
How long does it take once you make your depoist to get the paperwork?? This will be so exciting getting paperwork in the mail!!! I am so excited about this trip and hoping to make many friends along the way.:goodvibes

stenogoddess
06-22-2012, 09:47 AM
How long does it take once you make your depoist to get the paperwork?? This will be so exciting getting paperwork in the mail!!! I am so excited about this trip and hoping to make many friends along the way.:goodvibes

I'm thinking it was two weeks from the time I made the deposit with Kevin until the paperwork showed up. It's something like that. Gives you something to look forward to though!

Addicted to Dopey
06-22-2012, 10:41 AM
we got our paperwork!! my name was spelled wrong tho, so ABD is working on fixing that!

jnjusoioa
06-22-2012, 11:31 AM
I'm thinking it was two weeks from the time I made the deposit with Kevin until the paperwork showed up. It's something like that. Gives you something to look forward to though!

Awesome, thank you, it will be very exciting to get that in the mail.:thumbsup2

Chropistopy
06-22-2012, 10:07 PM
I received the paperwork today. :goodvibes

iwynlea
06-24-2012, 09:09 AM
Hi, everyone. I'm Erica, and my husband Steve and I are so excited to be joining in this ABD/BSM trip! This will be our first ABD and our first time at Disneyland. I literally cannot wait to walk where Walt walked...and you'll have to forgive me, as I wear my heart on my sleeve and assume I will be in tears at least once on this trip (every time Teresa cries on the podcast, hubby looks at me to see if I'm tearing up, too, if that tells you anything). We promised ourselves that once our credit cards were paid off, an ABD BSM would be the first "real" vacation we would take...and since our credit cards will be clear come August this year (or so we are planning), we took the leap. I haven't been this excited about a vacation, since, well...um...huh...I don't think I've ever been this excited! LOL! Steve was stationed in CA while he was in the Navy, so I suspect we will do some pre-trip time in San Diego, but nothing is definite yet. For your previous ABDers, any advice on the best time to start watching for airfare deals? I know it's still too soon, but I have to plan SOMETHING! :goodvibes

Hope everyone on PCC 3.0 has a great time, and I get to meet some of you on PCC 4.0! Ta Ta For Now! ;)

stenogoddess
06-24-2012, 09:56 AM
Hey Erica! Welcome to the group! You guys are going L-O-V-E this trip, so no worries there. I've been on this one before and I remember that several people teared up in Walt's apartment in particular. Just bring a box of tissues and you'll be fine!

JWren1234
06-24-2012, 06:38 PM
Hi, everyone. I'm Erica, and my husband Steve and I are so excited to be joining in this ABD/BSM trip! This will be our first ABD and our first time at Disneyland. I literally cannot wait to walk where Walt walked...and you'll have to forgive me, as I wear my heart on my sleeve and assume I will be in tears at least once on this trip (every time Teresa cries on the podcast, hubby looks at me to see if I'm tearing up, too, if that tells you anything). We promised ourselves that once our credit cards were paid off, an ABD BSM would be the first "real" vacation we would take...and since our credit cards will be clear come August this year (or so we are planning), we took the leap. I haven't been this excited about a vacation, since, well...um...huh...I don't think I've ever been this excited! LOL! Steve was stationed in CA while he was in the Navy, so I suspect we will do some pre-trip time in San Diego, but nothing is definite yet. For your previous ABDers, any advice on the best time to start watching for airfare deals? I know it's still too soon, but I have to plan SOMETHING! :goodvibes

Hope everyone on PCC 3.0 has a great time, and I get to meet some of you on PCC 4.0! Ta Ta For Now! ;)

Hi Erica and Steve,

Welcome to the adventure, it will be an outstanding time!!!

In regards to airfare, I will tend to look at rates a few times per week as soon as my airline (United) makes the dates available in their system. I've ended up buying my tickets between 4-6 months out for my previous trips, as that is when I've seen prices drop (ending up between $350-$450 R/T to and from Newark...I live in Northern NJ). With this trip being close to Christmas, I plan on really keeping a close eye on airfares, and if I see a good price I will grab it.

I would also suggest looking at Orange County airport as an option at the end of the adventure, as it is close to Disneyland. It's a very comfortable, friendly airport, and sometimes for me it's cheaper than going home through LAX.

Hope this helps!

Jason

Addicted to Dopey
06-25-2012, 10:21 AM
I would also suggest looking at Orange County airport as an option at the end of the adventure, as it is close to Disneyland. It's a very comfortable, friendly airport, and sometimes for me it's cheaper than going home through LAX.

Jason,

We also live in Bergan County and plan to go out of either Newark or JFK (whichever winds up being cheaper) but fast question for you. If we flew home from orange county airport to NJ/NY will ABD provide transportation to that airport since it says we have to fly out of LAX on all of our paperwork?? I had called ABD fast when I saw in small print that you had to be on a flight before 6pm (we would much rather take the red eye out around 10 or 11pm) and she said that we would probably have to provide our own transportation to the airport unless there were a lot of ppl taking late flights and then maybe ABD would add another trip to the airport for that group. Seems that with the price we are paying you would think they would make that concession or give us some type of voucher to cover a cab/other form of transport.

-Wallis

DisneyKevin
06-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Jason,

We also live in Bergan County and plan to go out of either Newark or JFK (whichever winds up being cheaper) but fast question for you. If we flew home from orange county airport to NJ/NY will ABD provide transportation to that airport since it says we have to fly out of LAX on all of our paperwork?? I had called ABD fast when I saw in small print that you had to be on a flight before 6pm (we would much rather take the red eye out around 10 or 11pm) and she said that we would probably have to provide our own transportation to the airport unless there were a lot of ppl taking late flights and then maybe ABD would add another trip to the airport for that group. Seems that with the price we are paying you would think they would make that concession or give us some type of voucher to cover a cab/other form of transport.

-Wallis

Hi Wallis,

ABD will provide transfers from DL to the Orange County Airport / John Wayne for dartures only.

The last time for transfer departures is at 4:00pm for either airport.

If you want to depart laterr 4:00pm, transfers will be on your own.

This is the same for all guests.

If you decide to book any additional nights on your own, you will be responsible for your own transfers. Again, this is the same or all guests.

There are several efficient ways to get to either airport, should you wish to take a late flight.

Many previous guests have had luck with Super Shuttle or a taxi.

Addicted to Dopey
06-25-2012, 01:10 PM
Kevin,

you should be enjoying the cruise!!

I was told by ABD when i called to have my name fixed that a cab would be approx $150! while we would want to take a red eye out we really dont want to pay that much money! I know we have a lot of time to figure this out, so im sure there must be a more economical way

Chropistopy
06-25-2012, 03:16 PM
Kevin,

I was told by ABD when i called to have my name fixed that a cab would be approx $150! while we would want to take a red eye out we really dont want to pay that much money! I know we have a lot of time to figure this out, so im sure there must be a more economical way

Once everyone starts planning additional nights, etc., we should start sharing that info. We may have several parties heading out on the same date and time. Perhaps we could band together and split the costs. Depending on the day that I head back, I may also want to head out on the red eye.

Addicted to Dopey
06-25-2012, 03:37 PM
My husband Leo and I are planning to come in on that Thursday (12/12) before and want to take the red eye out that Friday night
(12/20). We are thinking of renting a car for those first few days so we can go to Universal maybe and also so we can get ourselves back to the airport to meet everyone else on Sunday the 15th.

Chropistopy
06-25-2012, 04:14 PM
I'll most likely come in on the 14th and stay until the 22nd. I've learned that I don't like coming in on the first day of an adventure and it will be hard to resist a couple of more days at Disneyland at Christmas.

stenogoddess
06-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Hey there y'all! I thought I would post the link to my Backstage Magic scrapbook from 2010 for folks that might be interested in seeing the photos. There may be some spoilers in there, so view at your own risk!
Enjoy!

http://www.shutterfly.com/photobook/viewPreview.sfly?fid=5a921d789e6cc196c9f3edf1ebadc 1fb

Circusgirl
06-26-2012, 12:49 AM
Kevin,

A cab from the Disneyland Resort to the SNA/Orange County airport will be about $40.00 (excluding tip). The valet desk at the Grand Californian often has $10.00 off coupons/vouchers that they give out to guests catching cabs. A Super Shuttle shared van can be as cheap as $8.00 per person.

Once everyone starts planning additional nights, etc., we should start sharing that info. We may have several parties heading out on the same date and time. Perhaps we could band together and split the costs. Depending on the day that I head back, I may also want to head out on the red eye.

I'll most likely come in on the 14th and stay until the 22nd. I've learned that I don't like coming in on the first day of an adventure and it will be hard to resist a couple of more days at Disneyland at Christmas.

I'm thinking about coming in a few days early to Anaheim and spending some pre-peak holiday time at Disneyland. I think the resort will be very crowded and the hotel rates at peak when our adventure ends, and I'm hoping it will be better the week before.

Hey there y'all! I thought I would post the link to my Backstage Magic scrapbook from 2010 for folks that might be interested in seeing the photos. There may be some spoilers in there, so view at your own risk!
Enjoy!

http://www.shutterfly.com/photobook/viewPreview.sfly?fid=5a921d789e6cc196c9f3edf1ebadc 1fb

Lauren, when I use the link I go to the main Shutterfly page, and I tried searching for Stenogoddess but I can't find you!

stenogoddess
06-26-2012, 07:28 AM
Thanks Heather! :goodvibes They never make this stuff easy, do they. They assigned me some random name.

Anyway... here's what is hopefully a good link!

http://www.shutterfly.com/gallery/search/start.sfly?term=backstage+magic&pageNumber=1&itemsPerPage=20&fid=18996e7e9440ee2c6cbbd47cbb382743

jnjusoioa
06-26-2012, 07:40 AM
Just wanted to say hi. I got my paperwork yesterday in the mail.:banana:Also I wish I could come in a couple of days earlier but just don't have the extra cash so just going to be thankful to see what I can on this adventure, sounds like many neat places that one would usually not get to see.:goodvibes

jnjusoioa
06-26-2012, 08:14 AM
Thanks Heather! :goodvibes They never make this stuff easy, do they. They assigned me some random name.

http://www.shutterfly.com/gallery/search/start.sfly?term=backstage+magic&pageNumber=1&itemsPerPage=20&fid=18996e7e9440ee2c6cbbd47cbb382743

Awesome Scrapbook, thank you for sharing!!!:goodvibes

Chropistopy
06-26-2012, 08:20 AM

Beautiful scrapbook, Lauren! Thanks for sharing.

jnjusoioa
06-26-2012, 09:50 AM
Just a quick question. I received my paperwork in the mail and brought it along with me to work. So we only sign and resturn the release right now, is that correct?? The other one with our information we have to wait so we are able to put our flight information on it, is that right? Just want to make sure. Also if I didn't purchase the insurance and would like to how do I do that? Thank You.:)

Addicted to Dopey
06-26-2012, 10:07 AM

Wow, what a beautiful scrapbook! I am in awe!! I saw on the site that you said that you used photoshop elements and other digital apps to make it, but then how did you upload that into shutterfly? I can't seem to see where you can do that, but then again I'm more used to photobook america that only lets you use their templates.

SleepingAriel28
06-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Awesome Scrapbook, thank you for sharing!!!:goodvibes

OMG I loved your scrapbook it's very creative and now I really can't wait till we go on this adventure.

stenogoddess
06-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Just a quick question. I received my paperwork in the mail and brought it along with me to work. So we only sign and resturn the release right now, is that correct?? The other one with our information we have to wait so we are able to put our flight information on it, is that right? Just want to make sure. Also if I didn't purchase the insurance and would like to how do I do that? Thank You.:)

Here's what I do. Though I'll admit I don't think it's the only/right way. I send back all of the paperwork now except the airline part. Mostly because my desk eats paperwork. Then later when I get the airline part squared away I fill that out and put my info on a coversheet and fax it. As for trip insurance I think Kevin sent us info on that that's in an email somewhere. I'm pretty sure he said you can add it all the way up until the trip is paid for in full. HTH

Wow, what a beautiful scrapbook! I am in awe!! I saw on the site that you said that you used photoshop elements and other digital apps to make it, but then how did you upload that into shutterfly? I can't seem to see where you can do that, but then again I'm more used to photobook america that only lets you use their templates.

I'm glad you liked it! I will tell you that Shutterfly does not make making these books easy. I feel like it's sort of how Apple is "intuitive" and I think for whom because I don't know what the carp is going on. But anyway... You have your Shutterfly account and you upload the scapbook pages just like you would regular photos, and then you sort of dig around until you find the make a photo book section and you'll select all of the pages you've uploaded. Now they have helpfully preloaded their scrapbook with their pages for folks that just want to load photos. So this next part is a real pain. You have to trade all of their pages out for the 12x12 blank pages, and I pretty much do that as I go along instead of all at once. But instead of the 12x12 selection being towards the front of the things you can pick, it's not. grrrr... so you have to dig for it. But after a bit you'll get into it and it'll be done and you'll move on. Usually my book winds up costing $150, but around the holidays they will do a coupon for 40/50 percent off and I strike then! One of the things I really like about it is that I know my book is safe with them and if, God forbid, something happens to mine here at the house I can always replace it. Unlike my paper ones which would just go up in flames, or flood, or whatever.

So was that way too much information? :rotfl: Hope that helps anyway

OMG I loved your scrapbook it's very creative and now I really can't wait till we go on this adventure.

I'm really glad you liked it! I had it out again the other night already looking forward to the trip. I can't wait to DL at the holidays. I bet it's beautiful!

jnjusoioa
06-27-2012, 08:03 AM
Here's what I do. Though I'll admit I don't think it's the only/right way. I send back all of the paperwork now except the airline part. Mostly because my desk eats paperwork. Then later when I get the airline part squared away I fill that out and put my info on a coversheet and fax it. As for trip insurance I think Kevin sent us info on that that's in an email somewhere. I'm pretty sure he said you can add it all the way up until the trip is paid for in full. HTH

I'm glad you liked it! I will tell you that Shutterfly does not make making these books easy. I feel like it's sort of how Apple is "intuitive" and I think for whom because I don't know what the carp is going on. But anyway... You have your Shutterfly account and you upload the scapbook pages just like you would regular photos, and then you sort of dig around until you find the make a photo book section and you'll select all of the pages you've uploaded. Now they have helpfully preloaded their scrapbook with their pages for folks that just want to load photos. So this next part is a real pain. You have to trade all of their pages out for the 12x12 blank pages, and I pretty much do that as I go along instead of all at once. But instead of the 12x12 selection being towards the front of the things you can pick, it's not. grrrr... so you have to dig for it. But after a bit you'll get into it and it'll be done and you'll move on. Usually my book winds up costing $150, but around the holidays they will do a coupon for 40/50 percent off and I strike then! One of the things I really like about it is that I know my book is safe with them and if, God forbid, something happens to mine here at the house I can always replace it. Unlike my paper ones which would just go up in flames, or flood, or whatever.

So was that way too much information? :rotfl: Hope that helps anyway

I'm really glad you liked it! I had it out again the other night already looking forward to the trip. I can't wait to DL at the holidays. I bet it's beautiful!

Thank you so much for the awesome advice. I think I will just do that, send everything back except the airline stuff and then fax that once I have made my airline plans. Thank you again so much. Jenn:goodvibes

DisneyKevin
06-29-2012, 02:51 PM
Kevin,

Hi Wallis,

Unfortunately. I have no control over cab fares in LA (my powers don't extend that far;)).

As others have posted....Super Shuttle is an option. Cab sharing is also an option and using the free ABD transfers always works. You just have to play by their rules.:thumbsup2

As this is 18 months away......you have plenty of time to research airfare and transfers if you don't want to use the complimentary ABD transfers.

DisneyKevin
06-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Okay....I'm just saying....folks on this trip might want to add a post night to this trip.

As we are close to the holidays, and post nights are based on availability....they may disappear pretty quickly.

Pre and post nights are added to your balance due and can be canceled up until they are paid. Once paid, they are non-refundable.

Those of you who have traveled with us before will back me up on the fact that I don't usually suggest that guests add post nights unless I think there is a good reason (like never having enough time in Venice).

So....when I suggest that you add an extra night at the end of this trip....before the nights disappear....I must think I have a good reason.....right?

Just sayin.....:rolleyes1

Chropistopy
06-29-2012, 04:28 PM
Okay....I'm just saying....folks on this trip might want to add a post night to this trip.

As we are close to the holidays, and post nights are based on availability....they may disappear pretty quickly.

Pre and post nights are added to your balance due and can be canceled up until they are paid. Once paid, they are non-refundable.

Those of you who have traveled with us before will back me up on the fact that I don't usually suggest that guests add post nights unless I think there is a good reason (like never having enough time in Venice).

So....when I suggest that you add an extra night at the end of this trip....before the nights disappear....I must think I have a good reason.....right?

Just sayin.....:rolleyes1

I'm definitely planning on some extra nights (plural) :good vibes You'll be hearing from me soon.

jnjusoioa
06-30-2012, 08:23 AM
I added some extra nights as well. Do we still do things as a group for those couple of days? That would be nice. I mean I know that we are no longer on the adventure but was just curious if we would still plan a few meals together, etc. :goodvibes

DisneyKevin
06-30-2012, 08:58 AM
I added some extra nights as well. Do we still do things as a group for those couple of days? That would be nice. I mean I know that we are no longer on the adventure but was just curious if we would still plan a few meals together, etc. :goodvibes

Not everyone stays for additional nights after the Adventure ends.

Those that stay may choose to plan meals/events/activities together, or they may choose to enjoy the parks etc. on their own.

You just never know what might happen.;)

stenogoddess
06-30-2012, 02:20 PM

This is starting to feel taunt-ish! I wonder what's up your sleeve? :cool2:

DisneyKevin
06-30-2012, 02:27 PM

Just elbows....at this point.:thumbsup2

jnjusoioa
06-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Not everyone stays for additional nights after the Adventure ends.

Those that stay may choose to plan meals/events/activities together, or they may choose to enjoy the parks etc. on their own.

This is a little sad to hear. Hopefully we will be able to plan some things together, it gets kind of lonely when you are solo.:)

jnjusoioa
06-30-2012, 06:10 PM

I think so too. Sounds like there might be something happening.:)

iwynlea
07-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Hmm. We were thinking of adding a few days before, but now may have to add some days after, too! Steve's sister lives in CA, so maybe we'll look at spending Christmas with her!

Addicted to Dopey
07-03-2012, 12:51 PM
we were definitely going to do 3 nights extra before the trip but maybe will have to think about adding another night after based on what "might" be going on...what suspense for 18 months! :goodvibes LOL It will all come down to airfare....that time of year I'm already worried about how much its going to be!

NancyIL
07-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Is there a waiting list for this tour? I'd love to be on it, if there is one. :)

wdwscout
07-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Is there a waiting list for this tour? I'd love to be on it, if there is one. :)

I believe Kevin said he has a "wait list for the wait list."

NancyIL
07-03-2012, 03:37 PM
I believe Kevin said he has a "wait list for the wait list."

Ahhh...thanks. Guess I'll move on to Plan B!

jnjusoioa
07-10-2012, 03:40 PM
For those of you who have been on this tour what kind of a budget for souveiners do you usually plan on? Do you usually spend the most at Mickey of Glendale's, just curiuos?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.:)

Chropistopy
07-10-2012, 03:53 PM
For those of you who have been on this tour what kind of a budget for souveiners do you usually plan on? Do you usually spend the most at Mickey of Glendale's, just curiuos?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.:)

That's a tough one! It really all depends on the person. I spent ~$200 at Mickey's of Glendale...I've heard others have spent over a thousand. Just know that you'll definitely find quite a bit that you'll want to buy there. My advice would be to determine what your personal souviners budget would be and plan on spending 80% of it at MOG. Hope that helps.

JWren1234
07-10-2012, 05:20 PM

I totally agree with Christy, by far I buy spend the most on souvenirs at MOG. I expect that to hold true for me on this trip as well, I plan on doing a lot of Xmas shopping there!

Jason

jnjusoioa
07-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Awesome, thank you, better start saving up, I have a feeling I am going to need a lot of money for this place. :goodvibes

stenogoddess
07-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Christy and Jason are both right. We spent the majority of what we budgeted at MOG. However, with the Cars Land I personally am hoping for some super cute park specific souvinEARS.

But if you need help with sticking to your budget, you can shop with my husband, Jeri. He can pretty much talk anybody out of anything. He's like a reverse salesman that way. I'm already putting together some ideas for a distraction team if I see a Dooney with the cute 1950s style pattern on it.

Jason, start studying up on European cycling, football and beers from around the world!

Heather, start practicing asking Jeri to pose in a million photos without it sounding like a scheme to stall him!

Christy, start learning to fake a heart attack! Or better yet you buy the Dooney and I'll slip ya the cash later and then I can be all, look what Christy got me for Christmas, she's just the sweetest girl!

And if all that fails, John can come in with prices of Florida real estate and the pros and cons of owning two homes. Jeri can pretty much go on about real estate for h-o-u-r-s.

That's what I've put together so far. What we need is a code word, a wheelbarrow and a holocaust cloak and we'll have a plan! :rotfl:

iwynlea
07-11-2012, 03:02 PM
I won't tell you how much I've been "allowed" to budget for MOG, but let's just say I have a fantastically understanding husband! Yes, I will bring boxes to ship things back to myself. Between this being my first trip to California, my first trip to Disneyland, and once-in-a-lifetime BSM trip...well, I expect to spend a lot. :-P As far as Dooneys...don't tell Steve but I'll probably come home with one of those, too. I only have 4 currently.... :whistle:

DisneyKevin
07-11-2012, 03:19 PM
I always find the question of "how much money will I need" difficult to answer.

It depends on you and what you want.

If I'm in my favorite Italian pottery store.....I'm gonna need a lot.

If I'm in a store that sells aluminum gun racks for your pick up and fishing rods (don't laugh.....we have a huge one called Outdoor World on IDrive....and I have been there.)....my monetary needs are much lower...okay non-existent.

I think a lot also depends on how much you have.

If I were in Louis Vuitton...the amount of money I would need would be mind blowing.

Since I don't have mind blowing amounts of cash.....my options are limited.

MOG has some great stuff that can only be found there. You will not see it in Tomorrowland, the hotel lobby, the Disney store and the Emporium. It will only be available there.

I would make sure that, if you found something you really liked, that you get it. Things are pretty much "Disney priced". This is not a bargain outlet.

That being said...shirts are usually $20 - $30, but you will get one 40% off coupon good for one item.

Hope that helps.

iwynlea
07-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Oooh, we get a coupon?! That's more than I expected...I WILL put that to good use! ;)

Chropistopy
07-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Christy and Jason are both right. We spent the majority of what we budgeted at MOG. However, with the Cars Land I personally am hoping for some super cute park specific souvinEARS.

But if you need help with sticking to your budget, you can shop with my husband, Jeri. He can pretty much talk anybody out of anything. He's like a reverse salesman that way. I'm already putting together some ideas for a distraction team if I see a Dooney with the cute 1950s style pattern on it.

Jason, start studying up on European cycling, football and beers from around the world!

Heather, start practicing asking Jeri to pose in a million photos without it sounding like a scheme to stall him!

Christy, start learning to fake a heart attack! Or better yet you buy the Dooney and I'll slip ya the cash later and then I can be all, look what Christy got me for Christmas, she's just the sweetest girl!

And if all that fails, John can come in with prices of Florida real estate and the pros and cons of owning two homes. Jeri can pretty much go on about real estate for h-o-u-r-s.

That's what I've put together so far. What we need is a code word, a wheelbarrow and a holocaust cloak and we'll have a plan! :rotfl:

Can I be all..."Look what I got for Lauren...Did you see what I got for Lauren?" I can handle that. If I'm faking a heart attack, I need a soft place to fall. I'll need back up to hurry and throw a nice pile of shirts or something on the floor.

DisneyKevin
07-11-2012, 04:37 PM

Can I be all..."Look what I got for Lauren...Did you see what I got for Lauren?" I can handle that. If I'm faking a heart attack, I need a soft place to fall. I'll need back up to hurry and throw a nice pile of shirts or something on the floor.

Okay, Laverne and Shirley.....

Don't make me lock you on the bus.;)

jnjusoioa
07-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Thank you all so much, you have all really made me laugh, I can see this is going to be a fun trip. I think I am going to need to get a part time job in order to save for this trip. I think I will probably be dropping a lot of money here, the studio store and Club 33 if we are lucky enough to go in there. Again, thank you all so much. Jenn:goodvibes

Chropistopy
07-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Okay, Laverne and Shirley.....

Don't make me lock you on the bus.;)

Oh...we're still a year and a half out...the real scheming has even started yet. ;)

Circusgirl
07-12-2012, 12:37 AM

I'm there for you!

:rotfl:

Oh...we're still a year and a half out...the real scheming has even started yet. ;)

JWren1234
07-13-2012, 08:13 PM

This really made me laugh (and after this week at work I really needed it)! I think I might be the opposite of Jeri, I've learned that I can rationalize anything I want to buy when I travel...particularly at MOG. Thoughts like, "I already have five watches that I don't wear, but this one has an imagineering logo on it, I won't find it anywhere else so I can't miss the opportunity and I must buy it."

I will start studying this weekend, I need to learn more about cycling:)

I think Grom makes a good code word!

Jason

stenogoddess
07-14-2012, 10:30 AM
So my internet is so slow snails are impressed. I've tried everything, but I don't know what the problem is. I'm over at my mom's using her's for a second but wanted to let folks know that I, in fact, did not die of heat. Just a slow internet. It's SO VERY ANNOYING!

Anyway...

Christy: It'll be Christmastime so there are bound to be sweatshirts and they'll make a comfy place to fall. Though I'm thinking you showing everyone what an awesome friend you are by buying me a Dooney for Christmas is also an excellant idea. And much less prone to accidently breaking someing you might need.

Heather: Your big coat? CARP! I don't have a big coat. I'll put that on my list. Also, read Midnight Circus. I couldn't put it down. It's so charming. Magic, a love story and a circus (with NO clowns) what's not to love!

Jason: You always need a new watch! Where would you ever get that chance again? You know, other than the five other times you've been to MOG. ;) But that is SO not the point. I have plenty of handbags, plus one Disney Dooney, but does that mean I don't need another one? NO IT DOES NOT!

Chropistopy
07-23-2012, 07:56 PM
I'm so excited for the group heading out on the BSM trip next week...and quite a bit jealous. :) Can't wait to follow the folks via Facebook and board updates. Just think...we only have about 17 more months until our trip. Putting that "only" in there just makes it sound better.

Circusgirl
07-23-2012, 08:17 PM
So my internet is so slow snails are impressed. I've tried everything, but I don't know what the problem is. I'm over at my mom's using her's for a second but wanted to let folks know that I, in fact, did not die of heat. Just a slow internet. It's SO VERY ANNOYING!

Anyway...

Christy: It'll be Christmastime so there are bound to be sweatshirts and they'll make a comfy place to fall. Though I'm thinking you showing everyone what an awesome friend you are by buying me a Dooney for Christmas is also an excellant idea. And much less prone to accidently breaking someing you might need.

Heather: Your big coat? CARP! I don't have a big coat. I'll put that on my list. Also, read Midnight Circus. I couldn't put it down. It's so charming. Magic, a love story and a circus (with NO clowns) what's not to love!

Jason: You always need a new watch! Where would you ever get that chance again? You know, other than the five other times you've been to MOG. ;) But that is SO not the point. I have plenty of handbags, plus one Disney Dooney, but does that mean I don't need another one? NO IT DOES NOT!

Christy really is the kindest, most generous person in our band of travelers. :thumbsup2

I loved The Night Circus!

Lauren, you are such a shopper enabler!! ;) It's a good thing you and I weren't around many chandeliers in Venice or I would have ended up with one.

I'm so excited for the group heading out on the BSM trip next week...and quite a bit jealous. :) Can't wait to follow the folks via Facebook and board updates. Just think...we only have about 17 more months until our trip. Putting that "only" in there just makes it sound better.

I'm so delighted that Mike and Jeff are on that trip - many pictures coming up! I have been impatiently awaiting the 10th of August and my trip down to Anaheim for the Destination D event. Mostly I'll be eventing, but I'll have part of Friday and Monday day to explore Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. I'm taking a 6:30 am flight down there (eek!) so I'll be getting to the resort around 10:30 am on Friday. I'm going to have lunch at the Carthay Circle that day. I'm sad that the BSM trip wasn't just a little later, or that the Destination D event wasn't just a little sooner!

stenogoddess
07-25-2012, 07:26 AM
Mostly I'll be eventing, but I'll have part of Friday and Monday day to explore Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. I'm taking a 6:30 am flight down there (eek!) so I'll be getting to the resort around 10:30 am on Friday. I'm going to have lunch at the Carthay Circle that day. I'm sad that the BSM trip wasn't just a little later, or that the Destination D event wasn't just a little sooner!

I've got one word for ya, PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

k5jmh
08-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Holy Crap!! This was such an amazing Adventure!! Even if you guys (especially Jason) have done it before, there are so many new pluses!!

Circusgirl
08-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Holy Crap!! This was such an amazing Adventire!! Even if you guys (especially Jason) have done it before, there are so many new pluses!!

I love that the trip does change each time. I am as excited for my third time around as I was for the first!

JWren1234
08-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Holy Crap!! This was such an amazing Adventure!! Even if you guys (especially Jason) have done it before, there are so many new pluses!!

I can't wait to do this trip again! I've really been enjoying your pictures!!

Jason

Chropistopy
08-05-2012, 04:06 PM
I can't wait to do this trip again! I've really been enjoying your pictures!!

Jason

Ditto!

wdwscout
08-09-2012, 07:18 AM
We are beyond excited for our FIRST Adventure!!!
I love reading everyone's reports but... I need to be there myself.

I'm not wishing the time between now and Dec 2013 away, but I can't wait to to be an "Adventurer"!! :cool1:

k5jmh
08-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Anyone want a little sample? Here is a quick review of the 1 day version of this trip that ABD is now offering.

http://travel.usatoday.com/alliance/destinations/mouseplanet/post/2012/08/Lights-Camera-Magic---Disneys-Hollywood-Adventure/820877/1

OKW Lover
08-16-2012, 09:09 AM
Hi folks,
I was just looking through this thread and the level of excitement is palpable. Val & I were just on the DIS BSM Adventure and you're going to have a wonderful time.

A few suggestions - pre Adventure:

Get there a day early, especially if traveling from the east coast. ABD is very much a go-go-go type of trip and you don't want to start off behind the curve by having had to fly in the same day it starts.
The ABD hotel is located in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of of Hollywood Blvd (yes, its actually on Hiland St, but that's academic) and you can just marvel at all the strange people.
The burgers at the Hotel Rosevelt (just a block away) are wonderful. Even if you don't eat there, be sure to go into their lobby. You'll immediately see where the Imagineers got some of their inspiration for the lobby of the Tower of Terror attraction.
Fortunately the ABD hotel itself is quiet and very conducive to rest, be sure to get some on Saturday night and sleep in on Sunday morning.

A few suggestions - post Adventure:

By all means stay a couple of extra days at the end. You'll see and do a lot of DL/CA on the Adventure but there is so much more. You'll want the extra time.
If you area DVC member, try to book a 2BR (find a fellow adventurer to fill out the party) unit and request #6500 for your post stay. The views from that unit are amazing! Imagine watching WoC from your living room. Twice a night!
If not a DVC member, the GC is a wonderful hotel - go ahead and pay the high price for the extra nights.

I thought the only "off" part of this trip was the first thing on Monday - a tour of Hollywood in open air vans. Pretty much a quick drive-by of "famous" night spots/restaurants and views of the gates behind which stars live (or used to live). I wouldn't do that part again. All the rest of the events were great!

I can only hope that you all enjoy the surprises as much as Val & I did.

stenogoddess
08-16-2012, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the info Jeff. Glad you and Val had such a great time! See y'all on 4.0! :grouphug:

Chropistopy
08-16-2012, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, Jeff!

Lauren mentioned 4.0...Who all from this trip with be on 4.0? It would be great to do a mini-meet so that we can meet in person before our ABD. A year and a half is a long time to wait. :)

Addicted to Dopey
08-16-2012, 11:00 AM
my husband Leo and I will be on 4.0 room #7512!

this is us in case you run into us on the ship!
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8322/7930817144_5bf88147b7.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/84961948@N07/7930817144/)
CIMG0413 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/84961948@N07/7930817144/) by wcoppola (http://www.flickr.com/people/84961948@N07/), on Flickr

k5jmh
08-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Just a big FYI, No Disney Gift cards are accepted at MoG or The Soda Fountain.

wdwscout
08-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Lauren mentioned 4.0...Who all from this trip with be on 4.0? It would be great to do a mini-meet so that we can meet in person before our ABD. A year and a half is a long time to wait. :)

We'll be there!
Linda and John
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af106/njdisney/PCC%203%20June%202012/DSCN6716.jpg
(sorry it's so big- I haven't figured out how to make them smaller!)

I love the idea of a mini-meet.
Can't wait to meet everyone. :cool1:

Chropistopy
08-18-2012, 03:50 PM
For anyone who is interested in the meet on 4.0, I've started a separate thread on the DIS ABD Trips sub-forum.

Since we're sharing pictures...

http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac33/cnasworthy/699.jpg

DisneyKevin
08-18-2012, 06:37 PM
For anyone who is interested in the meet on 4.0, I've started a separate thread on the DIS ABD Trips sub-forum.

Since we're sharing pictures...

http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac33/cnasworthy/699.jpg

A Christy and two Boxxes.

I think that beats a full house. ;)

Chropistopy
08-18-2012, 07:24 PM

awwwhh!!! :hug:

stenogoddess
08-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Lawd I hope I'm looking at something interesting and that's not how I look just walking around all the time. If it rains I might drown! :rotfl:

stenogoddess
08-19-2012, 09:52 AM

It so totally does!

DisneyKevin
09-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Please welcome Sue and Fred to our crazy Christmas Adventure!

stenogoddess
09-03-2012, 08:38 PM

:goodvibes Welcome Sue and Fred! :goodvibes

Circusgirl
09-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Welcome aboard Sue and Fred! :woohoo:

Chropistopy
09-04-2012, 06:12 AM

Welcome!!!

Addicted to Dopey
09-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Welcome Sue and Fred (who just happen to be my parents!) They aren't on the boards, so ill post a picture for them...they will also be on podcast 4.0

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8438/7930831140_38af4f4b45.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/84961948@N07/7930831140/)
img_0343 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/84961948@N07/7930831140/) by wcoppola (http://www.flickr.com/people/84961948@N07/), on Flickr

suecoppola
09-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Many thanks we are thrilled to be going on this vacation

DisneyKevin
09-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Welcome Sue and Fred (who just happen to be my parents!) They aren't on the boards, so ill post a picture for them...they will also be on podcast 4.0

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8438/7930831140_38af4f4b45.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/84961948@N07/7930831140/)
img_0343 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/84961948@N07/7930831140/) by wcoppola (http://www.flickr.com/people/84961948@N07/), on Flickr

Hey....I know them!!!!!:)

mnra
09-05-2012, 08:42 AM
welcome

JWren1234
09-05-2012, 09:02 PM

Welcome Sue and Fred!!

Jason

NJGuy3
09-11-2012, 03:33 PM

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8322/7930817144_5bf88147b7.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/84961948@N07/7930817144/)
CIMG0413 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/84961948@N07/7930817144/) by wcoppola (http://www.flickr.com/people/84961948@N07/), on Flickr

Nice photo of us! Aboard the Disney Dream during Valentine's Day 2011...I proposed to you. ;)
I speak for both of us when i say we're sooo excited for this trip...this is our first ABD trip! :cool1:

WebmasterJohn
09-24-2012, 08:33 AM
I see that there is some interest in the LA Farmers Market on the other DIS BSM adventure thread so I thought I would share this here as well.

I just published a blog about it on the FoodieTales site - http://foodietales.com/2012/09/foodie-travels-la-farmers-market-los-angeles-california/

This is a 'must do' for Kevin and I on any ABD trip we go on.

wdwscout
09-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Excellent idea John! Thanks.:thumbsup2

I know we are currently thinking of heading out several days early to spend a couple days in the San Francisco area again. I need another trip to the Walt Disney Family Museum, and both John and I have relatives up there. So we need to decide when to get back to LA- especially if we want to do any local sightseeing- like the Farmer's Market, Olviera Street, etc.

We go to Walt's Barn on the ABD- right?

JonKPest
09-27-2012, 10:45 PM
John your link is broken. I was able to find it.
http://foodietales.com/2012/09/foodie-travels-la-farmers-market-los-angeles-california/

JonK

NejTheLion
11-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Kevin -

You can add our DIS names to the first post, even though we never seem to spend a lot of time on the boards.

Jen - NejTheLion
Barry - BarTheBear

We'll miss everyone on PCC 4.0, but hope everyone has fun. I'm still slowly going through London/Paris photos to add to Facebook :faint:

DisneyKevin
11-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Kevin -

You can add our DIS names to the first post, even though we never seem to spend a lot of time on the boards.

Jen - NejTheLion
Barry - BarTheBear

We'll miss everyone on PCC 4.0, but hope everyone has fun. I'm still slowly going through London/Paris photos to add to Facebook :faint:

Jeez...I'm slipping. I just saw this.

It is now done!

NejTheLion
11-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Jeez...I'm slipping. I just saw this.

It is now done!

That's okay. Maybe I'll post more than once or twice this time around :thumbsup2

JWren1234
12-15-2012, 03:05 PM
We're exactly one year away now!

Jason

stenogoddess
12-15-2012, 07:37 PM

So awesome to meet you guys in person on 4.0. Hope you all really enjoyed the cruise. Personally, I'm still swaying a bit in my chair. No one buys that I am chair dancing!

Jason! One year!!! That makes my countdown look so much more reasonable than it did when it was above 500 days! :rotfl: But, really, define reasonable?!

Kevin: ABD just sent me the Brave DVD. It's like they know, and they torture me for fun. SCOTLAND, SCOTLAND, SCOTLAND!!!!! :cutie:

stenogoddess
12-15-2012, 07:53 PM
PS:

Heather: This is soo off topic, but here is the baby carrot article. If you don't want to read the whole thing, for me at least the crisis is averted and I'll continue with my baby carrots and hummus snack with no problem-o! I wanted to let you know because I could tell you were worried for me! :thumbsup2;)

http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2012/12/11/the-truth-about-baby-carrots/

Chropistopy
12-15-2012, 09:57 PM
So awesome to meet you guys in person on 4.0. Hope you all really enjoyed the cruise. Personally, I'm still swaying a bit in my chair. No one buys that I am chair dancing!

Jason! One year!!! That makes my countdown look so much more reasonable than it did when it was above 500 days! :rotfl: But, really, define reasonable?!

Kevin: ABD just sent me the Brave DVD. It's like they know, and they torture me for fun. SCOTLAND, SCOTLAND, SCOTLAND!!!!! :cutie:

I came home to the Brave DVD too. I could get behind a Scotland trip...or Ireland...or Italy...I'm just looking forward to traveling with all of you guys again. I can't believe that we were on the Fantasy only this morning.

Yay! One year...it seems like a long time but, if its anything like this year, it will fly by. I guess it's now time to turn my planning attention to the June and December BSM trips. Got to do something to lift the post vacation blues.

Addicted to Dopey
12-27-2012, 11:21 AM

Just saw this now! with xmas being so soon after getting home from 4.0 things were a little nutty! It was great to meet you too! Had a great time on 4.0, very relaxing and it was nice to see everyone! Can't believe we are less than a year till BSM now!! I have been watching airfare like its my job!

Addicted to Dopey
12-27-2012, 03:33 PM
trying to figure out some planning....we are coming into CA on the 12th prob, and trying to figure out car rentals and stuff...what time do we need to meet at LAX to leave with the group to go to Hollywood on the 15th?? Was it 1pm or am i imagining that?

stenogoddess
12-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Excellent question! No idea! :goodvibes I'm pretty sure Kevin is still "off" for the holidays so we might have to wait a bit on that one to find out unless someone else knows. We're thinking about coming in a few days early, too, but are having to wait to see how this year goes. A lot of big changes in the Boxx house in 2013. And I'm not nervous or freaked out at all. Nope. Not me! :crazy2:

OKW Lover
12-27-2012, 05:27 PM
If you check the thread from this July BSM trip I believe it was about 1:00. We all had the same question. I think the discussion was more towards toe end of the thread

Addicted to Dopey
12-28-2012, 09:39 AM
1 sounds about right!

skunkvette
12-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Regarding early arrivals and car rentals for Hollywood portion of the adventure...

Cathy and I rented a car for a few days on our February 2011 DIS/BSM/ABD.

The car was a big help in getting around for various sightseeing, if I remember we parked at the Lowes (then Renaissance) with valet for a fee.

Car rental was worth it just to go to the Farmer's Market.

On the first day of the actual adventure, we arranged to meet the last ABD shuttle at LAX before the 1 PM dead line and traveled back to the hotel with some arriving adventurers.

One comment - when you return the rental car to the airport, be sure you know which gate where the ABD representative will be waiting.

We got off the rental shuttle too early and had quite a walk through the gates to get to the ABD pick up location.

Looking forward to our return visit next December!

Addicted to Dopey
01-10-2013, 03:57 PM
So i have been watching the United site like a hawk for the past 2 weeks waiting for them to release dates and they just came out for the day we want to head down before the ABD starts (thursday the 12th)! BUT not only are the pts insane (25,000 for economy when usually its 12,500 for economy and 25,000 for first class) the one way fare is $1050!!! I know we are quite a way out from booking, but we have always found with united that as soon as the rates come out the pts are always lowest....this is quite a turn of events!

stenogoddess
01-10-2013, 05:03 PM
airfare is always such a trial. I had budgeted $2,000 of us but then it always more expensive to fly out of Savannah. I usually start looking at the six month mark. We'll all keep our fingers crossed on a reduction! :thumbsup2

wdwscout
01-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Our problem is that, although we usually book airfare as soon as possible (when the dates open up), this time we don't know where we will be flying from!! 2013 will be spent actively trying to make a move to Orlando. I am hopeful we are in and settled somewhere by early fall, but we can't look at tickets yet since we don't know where our home airport is!!
I am an uber-planner- and this will drive me nuts. Thankfully- I have plenty more to keep me on the insane side of the road this year, maybe this will be the least of my problems! :rotfl:

In any event- we are so looking forward to this trip and meeting everyone!!! Disneyland at holiday time AND a DIS-BSM-ABD!! our first ABD!!! :cool1:

Addicted to Dopey
01-11-2013, 10:59 AM
United just came down for EWR to LAX on the 12th this morning!! Got it for 12,500pts (or it would have been $195!)

stenogoddess
01-11-2013, 11:21 AM
:dance3: You bought airfare happy dance of joy!!!:dance3:

Addicted to Dopey
01-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Sooo happy!! Now fingers are crossed that the return flight works out as well! Then I can breathe a sigh of relief!

JWren1234
01-20-2013, 09:14 AM
United just came down for EWR to LAX on the 12th this morning!! Got it for 12,500pts (or it would have been $195!)

I've been watching these flights too! Just this morning, the flights dropped for R/T from Newark-LAX (on 12/14)/ OC-Newark (on 12/21) from $1100 down to $580. Newark-LAX/LAX-Newark on those dates is coming in around $480. I'm definitely booking tickets this weekend, flying close to Christmas I think these prices are not too bad. Undecided on whether to use points or pay cash and save my miles for 2014 travel.

One thing too with United, I've purchased the Economy Plus seats on my last few flights (usually the exit row seats) and have found them to be worth the extra $ for the extra legroom.

Jason

Addicted to Dopey
01-24-2013, 10:45 AM
I've been watching these flights too! Just this morning, the flights dropped for R/T from Newark-LAX (on 12/14)/ OC-Newark (on 12/21) from $1100 down to $580. Newark-LAX/LAX-Newark on those dates is coming in around $480. I'm definitely booking tickets this weekend, flying close to Christmas I think these prices are not too bad. Undecided on whether to use points or pay cash and save my miles for 2014 travel.

One thing too with United, I've purchased the Economy Plus seats on my last few flights (usually the exit row seats) and have found them to be worth the extra $ for the extra legroom.

Jason

Jason,

since we did so well with using points going out we upgraded our seats to the extra legroom ones since 5 hours in a cramped united/continental plane in regular coach is not my idea of fun! If it was jetblue it would be different but regular coach on anything else is like being crushed and i don't even have long legs! lol

we are still holding out for the returning flight since the pts are still holding at 25,000 for the red eye in coach! it kills me to spend that many points for coach when i know if we went home on Sunday night on the red eye we could fly first class for 25,000. Now i just need to talk my husband into the fact that its really easy to fly the red eye and go back to work the next day instead of flying the red eye Saturday and having Sunday to "re cooperate".

Addicted to Dopey
01-24-2013, 10:49 AM
as i mentioned in the above post i am trying to talk my hubby into staying one more additional night and taking the red eye out on Sunday instead of Saturday...i know the parks will be insane but what if we stayed out of them on Sunday and just hung around downtown disney? Is that enough to fill the day, will that be crazy crowded as well? Am i just being silly and we should leave on Saturday night?? any feedback would be appreciated!

JWren1234
01-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Jason,

since we did so well with using points going out we upgraded our seats to the extra legroom ones since 5 hours in a cramped united/continental plane in regular coach is not my idea of fun! If it was jetblue it would be different but regular coach on anything else is like being crushed and i don't even have long legs! lol

we are still holding out for the returning flight since the pts are still holding at 25,000 for the red eye in coach! it kills me to spend that many points for coach when i know if we went home on Sunday night on the red eye we could fly first class for 25,000. Now i just need to talk my husband into the fact that its really easy to fly the red eye and go back to work the next day instead of flying the red eye Saturday and having Sunday to "re cooperate".

I agree, I've been getting the upgraded coach seats on my last few United flights. Well worth the money!

Jason

stenogoddess
02-10-2013, 02:21 PM
as i mentioned in the above post i am trying to talk my hubby into staying one more additional night and taking the red eye out on Sunday instead of Saturday...i know the parks will be insane but what if we stayed out of them on Sunday and just hung around downtown disney? Is that enough to fill the day, will that be crazy crowded as well? Am i just being silly and we should leave on Saturday night?? any feedback would be appreciated!

I think that depends on your threshold for crowds. Myself, mine is low. I mean real low. And I always like an extra day to do the laundry and the mail before getting back to work. Since I do all the heavy lifting at home for stuff like that and I control my own schedule in your case I would stay the extra day if I really wanted to (keeping in mind their DTD is smaller than ours) and take Monday off and send Jeri to work. You might need to add in a jetlag factor. Jeri and I both get it pretty bad, but I'm much worse. So there is that to consider as well. You'll get it figured out!

I listen to a podcast that's called Capturing Magic that is all about photo taking and scrapbooking in the parks. Which is really proof that there is a podcast about everything. But I did want to recommend epi CN016 which is all about capturing the magic in Cars Land. The ladies go through the whole land and point out different areas that are not to be missed for photos and where to stand and what not. They also point out where the facilities are, which is always nice to know! ;) It's a fun little listen. If anyone needs it there's also an app for DL and WDW where you can put in all of the photos that you want to get and then when you get close to that area your phone will vibrate to remind you. I thought that was a cool idea! I really don't need it for WDW unless I was working on a specific scrap layout and needed a photo, but I'm more overwhelmed in DL because we've only been there twice so I'm thinking of getting the app to help remind me which photos I want.

We went ahead and booked a preday, now what to do, what to do!?!?

Hope everybody's having a great Sunday!!

Addicted to Dopey
02-12-2013, 03:27 PM
I think that depends on your threshold for crowds. Myself, mine is low. I mean real low. And I always like an extra day to do the laundry and the mail before getting back to work. Since I do all the heavy lifting at home for stuff like that and I control my own schedule in your case I would stay the extra day if I really wanted to (keeping in mind their DTD is smaller than ours) and take Monday off and send Jeri to work. You might need to add in a jetlag factor. Jeri and I both get it pretty bad, but I'm much worse. So there is that to consider as well. You'll get it figured out!

I listen to a podcast that's called Capturing Magic that is all about photo taking and scrapbooking in the parks. Which is really proof that there is a podcast about everything. But I did want to recommend epi CN016 which is all about capturing the magic in Cars Land. The ladies go through the whole land and point out different areas that are not to be missed for photos and where to stand and what not. They also point out where the facilities are, which is always nice to know! ;) It's a fun little listen. If anyone needs it there's also an app for DL and WDW where you can put in all of the photos that you want to get and then when you get close to that area your phone will vibrate to remind you. I thought that was a cool idea! I really don't need it for WDW unless I was working on a specific scrap layout and needed a photo, but I'm more overwhelmed in DL because we've only been there twice so I'm thinking of getting the app to help remind me which photos I want.

We went ahead and booked a preday, now what to do, what to do!?!?

Hope everybody's having a great Sunday!!

I have a very low tolerance for crowds when we are in WDW, hence why we always avoid going when the kids are out of school, but this would be different since we have never been to DL before and we didnt personally choose this range of dates. That said I think i need to prepare myself for the crowds and just have a different mind set- keep calm and breathe! ha!

I know that i do not suffer from jet lag, but Leo isnt sure how he is since he hasn't flown that far west since he was very young, so thats something to consider when thinking about extending an extra day. We do have 3 1/2 days pre trip booked but we are only doing DL one of those days and I'm always pushing to get the most days packed into our vacations! lol

Thanks for those podcast suggestions! Do you know the name of the picture taking app?? That might come in really handy for us DL virgins!

stenogoddess
02-13-2013, 07:42 AM
The app is called Capturing Magic. It's 2.99. There's one for WDW and DL

Addicted to Dopey
02-13-2013, 10:34 AM
The app is called Capturing Magic. It's 2.99. There's one for WDW and DL

LOL i figured it out last night after I subscribed to the capturing magic podcast...i was like oh duh! lol

stenogoddess
02-14-2013, 01:16 PM
i was like oh duh! lol

And that is the story of my life! :thumbsup2

DisneyKevin
02-17-2013, 07:46 AM
I have been absolutely re-miss in not welcoming Liz and Eric to our Adventure!

Welcome to the Adventure!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

JWren1234
02-17-2013, 08:13 AM

Welcome Liz and Eric!
Jason

myweegirls
02-17-2013, 08:13 AM
Yaaaaay! :) Thanks, Kevin - we are both *so* excited for our first ABD trip with this great group. Woohoo!!!

XO
Liz

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Chropistopy
02-17-2013, 01:48 PM

Welcome!

stenogoddess
02-17-2013, 09:13 PM
:wave2: :cool1: Welcome to the party Liz and Eric! :cool1: :wave2:

DEA
02-21-2013, 11:03 PM

Thanks, Kevin, and everyone else for the welcomes aboard.

DEA
02-21-2013, 11:08 PM

Thanks, Kevin, and everyone else for the welcomes aboard.

wdwscout
03-02-2013, 02:02 PM
:cheer2: Welcome Liz & Eric!! :cheer2:
Loved meeting you on PCC4.0- and looking forward to getting to know you (and everyone!) better on this ABD.

DisneyKevin
04-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Hi Folks,

I have some BIG NEWS!!!!

I have just gotten word from ABD that there will be some changes made to the Backstage Magic Adventure.

First, the Disneyland Welcome Dinner will be moved to the Big Thunder Ranch inside the Magic Kingdom.

Second, and this is BIG, Day 5 will start with a Character Breakfast at Storyteller's Cafe and then into DCA prior to park opening for an experience at Soarin, a spin on Toy Story Mania and a backstage experience at Cars Land and "FastPass service to a select attraction".

Finally, your Farewell Dinner will now be held at the Carthay Circle Restaurant followed by VIP seating for World of Color.

This means that the Steakhouse 55 dinner and breakfast at Goffy's Kitchen have been replaced.

The Farewell Breakfast is still being held at Storyteller's Cafe.

These are awesome additions.

This may change some of your planning.

wdwscout
04-09-2013, 05:31 PM
Thanks Kevin!

We can dine at Steakhouse 55 on our own then (I love that place :cloud9:).

But it looks like we now have 2 breakfasts at Storyteller's Cafe? I think that's odd. Seems like they would have kept one at Goofy's.

Love that we will dine at Carthay Circle. :cool1:

No matter what- we know we will be with friends having a WONDERFUL time!!! So, we could be eating at Burger King for all I care - let's have a great Adventure!

stenogoddess
04-09-2013, 05:48 PM
So excited about this! Very happy I don't have to try to get ressies at Carthay Circle, and I was really fingers crossed hoping they would add something about Cars Land.

Is Tam O'Shanter's on the tour now? We did it on our own when we went in 2010 but I noticed that it seems that some of the groups are now going on the tour.

Hugs all around!

DisneyKevin
04-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Thanks Kevin!

We can dine at Steakhouse 55 on our own then (I love that place :cloud9:).

But it looks like we now have 2 breakfasts at Storyteller's Cafe? I think that's odd. Seems like they would have kept one at Goofy's.

Love that we will dine at Carthay Circle. :cool1:

No matter what- we know we will be with friends having a WONDERFUL time!!! So, we could be eating at Burger King for all I care - let's have a great Adventure!

As Goofy's Kitchen is in the Disneyland Hotel, it means travel time to and from the restaurant from the Grand Californian. Breakfast at Storyteller's puts you at the entrance to DCA. Instead, they have added CarsLand. I think it's a MUCH better deal.

The Farewell Breakfast can be a rushed affair. In fact some guests dont even attend due to flight schedules.

DisneyKevin
04-09-2013, 05:50 PM
So excited about this! Very happy I don't have to try to get ressies at Carthay Circle, and I was really fingers crossed hoping they would add something about Cars Land.

Is Tam O'Shanter's on the tour now? We did it on our own when we went in 2010 but I noticed that it seems that some of the groups are now going on the tour.

I need to go look up Storytellers Cafe though. Never heard of it! But if there's food and characters I'm sure that I'll be more than happy.

Hugs all around!

Yes! The Tam is part of the Adventure.

Storyteller's is in the Grand Californian and I think you had your Farewell Breakfast there last time.

stenogoddess
04-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Yes! The Tam is part of the Adventure.

Storyteller's is in the Grand Californian and I think you had your Farewell Breakfast there last time.

Excited about Tam. Really had a great experience there, and that was without you guys so I know it's going to be ever better!

You're so right about Storytellers! I went and looked up some photos and it brought it all back.

This has nothing to do with nothing, but the RunDisney rumor mill is that they are going to announce a 1/2 marathon for Disneyland Paris. Did I miss the memo where it's National Torture Lauren Day?

DisneyKevin
04-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Excited about Tam. Really had a great experience there, and that was without you guys so I know it's going to be ever better!

You're so right about Storytellers! I went and looked up some photos and it brought it all back.

This has nothing to do with nothing, but the RunDisney rumor mill is that they are going to announce a 1/2 marathon for Disneyland Paris. Did I miss the memo where it's National Torture Lauren Day?

You didnt get the memo?;)

wdwscout
04-09-2013, 06:04 PM
As Goofy's Kitchen is in the Disneyland Hotel, it means travel time to and from the restaurant from the Grand Californian. Breakfast at Storyteller's puts you at the entrance to DCA. Instead, they have added CarsLand. I think it's a MUCH better deal.

The Farewell Breakfast can be a rushed affair. In fact some guests dont even attend due to flight schedules.

Makes sense- we'll be right there in the Grand Californian.

We've eaten there twice- and I had good experiences there both times. No problem- I just thought it was odd to repeat a restaurant.

LOVE that they added a Cars Land experience!! This will be new to us!!

Oh- and Tam O'Shanter's will be very special. Looking forward to that!

stenogoddess
04-09-2013, 06:04 PM
You didnt get the memo?;)

No, but I know YOU did. You probably wrote it! :hug:

JWren1234
04-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Hi Folks,

I have some BIG NEWS!!!!

I have just gotten word from ABD that there will be some changes made to the Backstage Magic Adventure.

First, the Disneyland Welcome Dinner will be moved to the Big Thunder Ranch inside the Magic Kingdom.

Second, and this is BIG, Day 5 will start with a Character Breakfast at Storyteller's Cafe and then into DCA prior to park opening for an experience at Soarin, a spin on Toy Story Mania and a backstage experience at Cars Land and "FastPass service to a select attraction".

Finally, your Farewell Dinner will now be held at the Carthay Circle Restaurant followed by VIP seating for World of Color.

This means that the Steakhouse 55 dinner and breakfast at Goffy's Kitchen have been replaced.

The Farewell Breakfast is still being held at Storyteller's Cafe.

These are awesome additions.

This may change some of your planning.

I love the additions! Particularly the Day 5 breakfast at Storyteller's, we will be so close to DCA.

I'm also very excited to be going to Tam O'Shanter for lunch. I also need to go back to The Grill on the free night in Hollywood, they have the best short ribs and the carrot cake is awesome.

Jason

skunkvette
04-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the update Kevin, the new additions sound great!

Jason, we love the Grill too, we even tried it for lunch the last time were in LA, and it did not disappoint. Greatest carrot cake EVER!

Frank

wdwscout
04-09-2013, 08:07 PM
I also need to go back to The Grill on the free night in Hollywood, they have the best short ribs and the carrot cake is awesome.

Jason

oooo- that sounds wonderful... might have to include that in the plan! :idea:

JWren1234
04-10-2013, 04:27 AM
Thanks for the update Kevin, the new additions sound great!

Jason, we love the Grill too, we even tried it for lunch the last time were in LA, and it did not disappoint. Greatest carrot cake EVER!

Frank

I just went and looked at their lunch menu, it looks terrific! I might have to try lunch there as well!

Jason

JWren1234
04-10-2013, 04:29 AM
oooo- that sounds wonderful... might have to include that in the plan! :idea:

In my opinion, it is definitely worth adding it! A great restaurant, and it's only steps from the hotel!

Jason

DisneyKevin
04-10-2013, 07:13 AM
We love The Grill!

DisneySuzy
04-10-2013, 08:49 AM
The change to go see Cars Land is great. We are flying out this Saturday to take an early trip to DL & DCA with our grandson. And now don't have to stress so much about getting the best view of World of Color since we will be getting VIP viewing on this ABD trip.

Kevin, is there any word about pre-night stays yet. We are getting close to be able to book our flight and we are working out the details for the pre-ABD. Thanks

Chropistopy
04-10-2013, 12:43 PM
I'm excited about the changes! Thanks for updating us, Kevin!

I've got to start making a list of restaurants that I want to try out. I keep hearing recommendations but know that I won't remember any of them once we are there.

stenogoddess
04-10-2013, 02:33 PM
Don't worry Christy! I've got an evernote file going! #shocker :rotfl2:

Chropistopy
04-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Don't worry Christy! I've got an evernote file going! #shocker :rotfl2:

I knew I could depend on you, Lauren! ;)

stenogoddess
04-11-2013, 10:25 AM
I have a confession to make. Y'all, don't judge me too harshly. The restaurant I most want to eat at in the Hollywood portion of our trip is . . . California Pizza Kitchen. I KNOW!!!!! Of all the places to want to eat, a chain restaurant. A CHAIN Restaurant. Oh, the shame of it.

It's one of those things, you know. When I was little we had a CPK at Lenox Mall in Atlanta. The only way I could get there is if I was really good while Mom ran work errands, which were boring and took forever. But then would come the if you just give me another hour we'll go by CPK before heading home. Oh, the pizza, the pasta, the desserts! And, of course, we window shopped our way there and back to the car. Lenox was so fancy and big city back then. It was a really big deal to get to go there. This is less so now. I would not advise Lenox Mall after dark, FYI. During the day, yes, at night, no, go home.

But, you know, we recently - I mean recently like last year - got a McDonald's downtown and I see tourists in there all the time. Sometimes you just gotta get that kid a McNugget. I don't judge. It's freaking hot, and they've got Cokes!

So if you happen to see me in the California Pizza Kitchen on our trip, don't judge me too harshly. Just know that I'm reliving my childhood moment right there. And come share the pizza, please. God knows I don't need to eat all that. Plus, I'm saving room for dessert! :wave2:

Chropistopy
04-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Oh, I won't judge. On the my first BSM trip, I arrived at the hotel the first day and my room was not ready. At that point, I went over to the Hollywood and Highland complex to waste some time. I was starving and guess where I end up? CPK!

DisneyKevin
04-11-2013, 10:58 AM
I have a confession to make. Y'all, don't judge me too harshly. The restaurant I most want to eat at in the Hollywood portion of our trip is . . . California Pizza Kitchen. I KNOW!!!!! Of all the places to want to eat, a chain restaurant. A CHAIN Restaurant. Oh, the shame of it.

It's one of those things, you know. When I was little we had a CPK at Lenox Mall in Atlanta. The only way I could get there is if I was really good while Mom ran work errands, which were boring and took forever. But then would come the if you just give me another hour we'll go by CPK before heading home. Oh, the pizza, the pasta, the desserts! And, of course, we window shopped our way there and back to the car. Lenox was so fancy and big city back then. It was a really big deal to get to go there. This is less so now. I would not advise Lenox Mall after dark, FYI. During the day, yes, at night, no, go home.

But, you know, we recently - I mean recently like last year - got a McDonald's downtown and I see tourists in there all the time. Sometimes you just gotta get that kid a McNugget. I don't judge. It's freaking hot, and they've got Cokes!

So if you happen to see me in the California Pizza Kitchen on our trip, don't judge me too harshly. Just know that I'm reliving my childhood moment right there. And come share the pizza, please. God knows I don't need to eat all that. Plus, I'm saving room for dessert! :wave2:

There is a CPK in Florida Mall.

C'mon down. I'll take you for your "fix".

DisneyKevin
04-11-2013, 10:59 AM
And by the way...I'm judging both of you!:rotfl2:

Chropistopy
04-11-2013, 02:35 PM
We all have our crosses to bear...mine just happens to be a love of mediocre chain restaurants. I'm perfect in all other things though.

JWren1234
04-11-2013, 04:00 PM
I'm a CPK lover too, particularly the Hollywood/Highland location.

Another really good place to eat is 25 Degrees at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel (across the street from Hollywood/Highland complex). Excellent burgers and sweet potato fries!

Jason

OKW Lover
04-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Another really good place to eat is 25 Degrees at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel (across the street from Hollywood/Highland complex). Excellent burgers and sweet potato fries!

Jason

Just wanted to add a recommendation for this place. Val & I did it (along with Lisa and Paul Tully) on the Saturday we arrived for our BSM tour. Really good burgers.

Be sure to check out the lobby of the hotel too. It must have been some of the inspiration for the lobby of the ToT.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/391244_4213730988958_1205929549_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/386860_4213731308966_1367659726_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/378306_4213732749002_1627472529_n.jpg

stenogoddess
04-11-2013, 04:28 PM
There is a CPK in Florida Mall.

C'mon down. I'll take you for your "fix".

Five hours + CPK and your company = priceless

And by the way...I'm judging both of you!:rotfl2:

And yet love us still! :cutie:

Jason

The Roosevelt is also on my list. And Jeri loves sweet potato fries so win/win!

We all have our crosses to bear...mine just happens to be a love of mediocre chain restaurants. I'm perfect in all other things though.

If that's your cross Christy, you're doing all right! Personally I think it adds to your cool factor. Of course, mediocre chain restaurant birds of a feather flock together! We need to get on Ancestory.com. I just know we're related somewhere! :goodvibes

stenogoddess
04-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Just wanted to add a recommendation for this place. Val & I did it (along with Lisa and Paul Tully) on the Saturday we arrived for our BSM tour. Really good burgers.

Be sure to check out the lobby of the hotel too. It must have been some of the inspiration for the lobby of the ToT.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/391244_4213730988958_1205929549_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/386860_4213731308966_1367659726_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/378306_4213732749002_1627472529_n.jpg

Thanks for the further rec, Jeff. Did you and Val see the haunted mirror that's supposed to be there? 'Cause I want to avoid that. The last thing I need is a ghost in my life! :faint:

OKW Lover
04-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the further rec, Jeff. Did you and Val see the haunted mirror that's supposed to be there? 'Cause I want to avoid that. The last thing I need is a ghost in my life! :faint:

Never heard of the haunted mirror, so I guess we missed it.

Chropistopy
04-11-2013, 09:57 PM

Jason

I definitely want to find time to check this out. I love me some sweet potato fries!

Five hours + CPK and your company = priceless

And yet love us still! :cutie:

The Roosevelt is also on my list. And Jeri loves sweet potato fries so win/win!

If that's your cross Christy, you're doing all right! Personally I think it adds to your cool factor. Of course, mediocre chain restaurant birds of a feather flock together! We need to get on Ancestory.com. I just know we're related somewhere! :goodvibes

We've got to be related somewhere along the way...definitely feel a kinship! Kindred spirits at least!:goodvibes

JWren1234
04-28-2013, 07:50 AM

Jason

And how did I forget, there's a Crumbs cupcake shop at Hollywood/Highland! The cupcakes are incredible, particularly those that have peanut butter!

Jason

Addicted to Dopey
04-29-2013, 04:52 PM
Okay so we are coming in 4 days before the abd starts and originally we were going to return the rental car back at lax at 12 and meet up there with everyone but the more I think about it that might be really silly... With all the traffic we would hit it would prob make more sense to find a rental co that has a return location near the hotel and meet everyone at the hotel .... Has anyone done this before? Will we feel like we are missing part of the experience if we don't take the bus with people from lax? Or are most ppl coming in early too and not many will be at lax on Sunday anyways??

OKW Lover
04-29-2013, 04:59 PM
Okay so we are coming in 4 days before the abd starts and originally we were going to return the rental car back at lax at 12 and meet up there with everyone but the more I think about it that might be really silly... With all the traffic we would hit it would prob make more sense to find a rental co that has a return location near the hotel and meet everyone at the hotel .... Has anyone done this before? Will we feel like we are missing part of the experience if we don't take the bus with people from lax? Or are most ppl coming in early too and not many will be at lax on Sunday anyways??

The ABD provided transportation from LAX is most likely a car service (that's what we had last year when we came in on the Saturday). It was just for Val & I, even though there was one other ABD couple on the same flight. So, I wouldn't worry about missing part of the experience.

I understand that Hertz has a location right near the hotel.

Mary Jo
04-29-2013, 04:59 PM

You know, I've never eaten here before! I'm going to have to try it out. :)

DisneyKevin
04-29-2013, 05:06 PM

There is a rental car location IN the hotel.

You can rent at the airport and return at the hotel.

You will miss nothing by not taking ABD transportation

Addicted to Dopey
04-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the info! Hertz is in the hotel but crazy expensive (600 plus!!) and budget is around the corner but currently sold out! Will have to keep an eye on it in the months to come.

Circusgirl
04-29-2013, 09:45 PM

I agree that the trip in from the airport is not worth a special trip back out to the airport. When I arrrived for my first Backstage Magic tour, several groups were arriving together and we were to share transportation,which I knew ahead of time, but when I got in I had to schlep all my stuff to another terminal to meet the other groups and our transportation. There was no one waiting for me when I arrived and I had to call ABD to get instructions on what to do.

stenogoddess
05-14-2013, 04:37 PM
So I've lately been obsessed with the idea of trying to wedge in the Disney Family Museum in San Fran into this trip. Has anyone else tried to do that? Should I just let it go? I don't know. I really want to go, but it's really resisting fitting into my schedule! :confused3

chirurgeon
05-14-2013, 04:49 PM
So I've lately been obsessed with the idea of trying to wedge in the Disney Family Museum in San Fran into this trip. Has anyone else tried to do that? Should I just let it go? I don't know. I really want to go, but it's really resisting fitting into my schedule! :confused3

Lauren, it's a long way to San Francisco. If you are going to go to San Francisco I would make it a trip just for that. It's such a lovely city.

Kim

Circusgirl
05-15-2013, 12:04 AM

The museum is fabulous, but you definitely need almost a whole day, or at least as much of a day as you can stand, to see everything. If you can make the schedule work and don't think you'll be back to the west coast for a while you should go. You could fly in to San Francisco and then fly down to LA to keep the extra time needed to a minimum. With more time, the coast drive is worth doing as an event unto itself.

wdwscout
05-15-2013, 09:01 PM
We did just that on our last trip to Disneyland. We flew in and out of LAX, then booked a Southwest flight to San Francisco for right after we landed in LAX. Both flights were in the same terminal, so it was super easy to make the connection! The Flight to SF is fairly short and wasn't very expensive.

On our trip, we spent 4 days in the SF area, including a FULL day at the Walt Disney Family Museum. But it would be very doable for a 2 day side trip! :thumbsup2
In fact, we are still considering it for this ABD trip in December. But with our upcoming move and assorted other life events- we think we're only going to have time for LA stuff this year.

We live on the East Coast- so flying all the way to California is a big deal.
We try to make the most of all that time in the air!

stenogoddess
05-16-2013, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the input, guys! Here's what I'm thinking so far. Go ahead and book the trip just the LAX round trip. And if something awesome happens and we can add more time onto our trip I can always jiggle things around. It's so hard to know this far in advance what's going to be possible. I love the idea of flying down to SF and then driving back up to catch the group. Would love a chance to see a little more of California than just LA.

JonKPest
05-17-2013, 09:58 AM
Hi All!

I can now book SWA for this Trip.
I am thinking of starting a little early and fly in Friday night, Universal on Saturday, then Hollywood Sunday.
Are pre nights stays at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel still an option and after what time should I book the return trip on the 20th?

Thanks,

Jon K
:hourglass

stenogoddess
07-10-2013, 11:27 AM
So one thing I'm looking at:

http://www.thecounterburger.com/

And the second thing I'm looking at that's not going to happen so I need to let it go but it just looks so cool!:

http://www.stoneworldbistro.com/home.asp

How's everyone else's planning going?? We're about 158 days out so it's almost time to start getting excited!

Having nothing to do with anything, Jeri and I actually have a little date weekend planned for Sept to drive up to Atlanta. I found out they are having a showing of the Girl With the Pearl Earring, which is one of my favorite paintings, so I thought we could drive up for that. But then I wondered if anything good is being performed at the Fox. And, as it happens, the Little Mermaid is showing! We got killer seats, too, so I'm thinking it's meant to be. We might even go to Ikea 'cause we're wild like that! ::yes::

JWren1234
07-11-2013, 05:13 AM
The Counter Burger looks really good!

I'm still figuring what I want to do before the ABD starts. I get in around noon on Saturday. I really like the Griffith Observatory and The Farmers Market and want to fit both of them in.

Jason

OKW Lover
07-11-2013, 06:57 AM

I'm still figuring what I want to do before the ABD starts. I get in around noon on Saturday. I really like the Griffith Observatory and The Farmers Market and want to fit both of them in.

Jason

We enjoyed the Farmers Market when we did BSM in July 2012. Didn't make it to the Griffith Observatory but know others in our group did and they really enjoyed it.

Don't forget a stop at the Roosevelt Hotel for one of their burgers. While there be sure to check out the lobby. It appears to me to be the inspiration for the lobby of the Hollywood Tower Hotel.

stenogoddess
07-11-2013, 08:44 AM

Jason

Those two things are on my list too. Great minds! :thumbsup2

We enjoyed the Farmers Market when we did BSM in July 2012. Didn't make it to the Griffith Observatory but know others in our group did and they really enjoyed it.

Don't forget a stop at the Roosevelt Hotel for one of their burgers. While there be sure to check out the lobby. It appears to me to be the inspiration for the lobby of the Hollywood Tower Hotel.

Forgot the Roosevelt was on my list too! Thanks Jeff!

Chropistopy
07-11-2013, 09:24 AM

Those two things are on my list too. Great minds! :thumbsup2

Forgot the Roosevelt was on my list too! Thanks Jeff!

I've got those on my list too. My cousin, Cheryl, and I tried to get to the Farmers Market in June. It was a comedy of errors that ended with us seeing the Farmers Market from a distance but not actually going there. I hope to have better luck in December. We did get to have a burger at the Roosevelt though. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Very good!

wdwscout
07-11-2013, 11:36 AM
We're also arriving midday on Saturday. :thumbsup2
One plan we have is to take the subway to Olvera Street on either Saturday or Sunday (not sure which). It is located across the street from Union Station- which John is anxious to get in and photograph! Then Olvera St for food and shopping. The subway is one train (no changing)- so that looks easy.

I had Griffith Park Observatory on my list- but it looks like that's taking a back seat to Union Sta/Olvera.
If we can do one on Saturday and the other on Sunday- that would be great!

OKW Lover
07-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Just a suggestion for those planning some pre-Adventure excursions; don't over do it. Try to hit the sack early on Saturday night, especially those crossing multiple time zones to get there, and sleep in a bit on Sunday. Once the welcome dinner starts on Sunday evening you'll be pretty much constantly on the go. You don't want to start out in a sleep deficit.

Addicted to Dopey
07-11-2013, 12:26 PM
we have one of those here in NYC and its deeeelicious!!!

Addicted to Dopey
07-11-2013, 12:27 PM
So one thing I'm looking at:

http://www.thecounterburger.com/

we have one of those here in NYC and its deeeelicious!!

skunkvette
07-11-2013, 02:48 PM
This just dawned on me today, as I watched the trailer for "Savings Mr. Banks" , which looks terrific.

IMDB list a USA released date of 12/13/13 for the film.

We are going to be in Hollywood around that date, Cathy and I actually arrive on 12/14.

The El Capitan Theatre is right across the street from our hotel.

The El Capitan is a great sight to see even without a movie.

Figure they probably will be showing the film, and there might be a preshow presentation or maybe a special display for the movie, it has been done before.

That would make seeing the movie in Hollywood a must do for us.

Last time we were on the BSM, we prepurchased balcony tickets at the El Capitan, unfortunately they were for Gmomeo and Juliet...

Chropistopy
07-11-2013, 03:35 PM
This just dawned on me today, as I watched the trailer for "Savings Mr. Banks" , which looks terrific.

We are going to be in Hollywood around that date, Cathy and I actually arrive on 12/14.

Figure they probably will be showing the film, and there might be a preshow presentation or maybe a special display for the movie, it has been done before.

Last time we were on the BSM, we prepurchased balcony tickets at the El Capitan, unfortunately they were for Gmomeo and Juliet...

I watched the trailer earlier today. It does look terrific! I didn't even think about the fact that it would open just before our trip beginning. Fingers crossed that it will be at the El Cap!

apurplebrat
07-11-2013, 05:19 PM

I watched the trailer earlier today. It does look terrific! I didn't even think about the fact that it would open just before our trip beginning. Fingers crossed that it will be at the El Cap!

This would be wicked awesome!
We haven't started planning fully yet
We arrive mid-day on Friday the 13th ;)

Anybody planning on DAP? We will be at WDW 12-6 - 12/13 before heading to Cali

skunkvette
07-16-2013, 06:50 PM
Press releases in the last few days now list the opening date for Saving Mr. Banks as 12/20/13.

Would have been fun to see it in El Capitan....

stenogoddess
07-17-2013, 08:45 AM
we have one of those here in NYC and its deeeelicious!!

Hmmmm I think it's just moved further up the list! :goodvibes

Press releases in the last few days now list the opening date for Saving Mr. Banks as 12/20/13.

We saw Alice in Wonderland on our last BSM at the El Cap and it was wonderful! Maybe they'll have something else playing that'll be great too. You never know! :thumbsup2

stenogoddess
07-17-2013, 08:48 AM
This would be wicked awesome!
We haven't started planning fully yet
We arrive mid-day on Friday the 13th ;)

Anybody planning on DAP? We will be at WDW 12-6 - 12/13 before heading to Cali

I reeeaaaalllly want to. When I brought it up I was given the you must be kidding look, so I'm thinking no. . . for now. :laughing:

Just a suggestion for those planning some pre-Adventure excursions; don't over do it. Try to hit the sack early on Saturday night, especially those crossing multiple time zones to get there, and sleep in a bit on Sunday. Once the welcome dinner starts on Sunday evening you'll be pretty much constantly on the go. You don't want to start out in a sleep deficit.

Great advice! These "vacations" really take a lot out of you. I remember on our other BSM everybody was getting together to close MK and I could only make it through Space Mt. before I was just totally done for the night. Lesson learned! I'm saving some energy for the parks this time! :woohoo:

Chropistopy
07-17-2013, 09:56 AM

Didn't they have the premiere for Lone Ranger at CA the week before the official opening date. Maybe we'll luck into something like that for Saving Mr. Banks...

SleepingAriel28
07-21-2013, 02:42 PM
The ABD provided transportation from LAX is most likely a car service (that's what we had last year when we came in on the Saturday). It was just for Val & I, even though there was one other ABD couple on the same flight. So, I wouldn't worry about missing part of the experience.

I understand that Hertz has a location right near the hotel.

We are thinking of coming in the day before on Saturday, if we come in early will we have to find our own way to the hotel or will abd provide transportation. we plan on staying at the some hotel.

It's getting so exciting it feels like it coming up soon :)

OKW Lover
07-21-2013, 02:59 PM
We are thinking of coming in the day before on Saturday, if we come in early will we have to find our own way to the hotel or will abd provide transportation. we plan on staying at the some hotel.

If you book the extra night at the hotel through ABD then they will provide the transportation. If you book the extra night on your own then you will have to arrange your own transportation.

Kevin should be able to help you with this.

skunkvette
07-21-2013, 03:00 PM

Kevin can correct me if I get this wrong, but if you book your extra pre or post stay at Lowes Hotel or Grand California through ABD, then the ABD transportation to the airport is available.

If you use other plans or booking for your pre and post, then you are on your own for that part.

Last BSM we did we rented a car for a few days and then met the ABD transfer at LAX the day of the start of our adventure as we returned our rental car. Post adventure we stayed one night at GC through ABD and ABD returned us to LAX the day after the adventure ended.

Frank

Addicted to Dopey
07-30-2013, 03:01 PM
I know its not ever promised, or even mentioned in most trip reports but i was hoping for a stop in Club 33....just read the refurb is going to start Oct 1st with a full shutdown of the place for an extended period of time....Womp, womp. I know i can't complain because it was never a certainty but I'm still bummed.:sad2:

stenogoddess
08-05-2013, 03:07 PM
I know its not ever promised, or even mentioned in most trip reports but i was hoping for a stop in Club 33....just read the refurb is going to start Oct 1st with a full shutdown of the place for an extended period of time....Womp, womp. I know i can't complain because it was never a certainty but I'm still bummed.:sad2:

This is a total bummer! But, what can you do? Last time I was there the whole stupid lake was walled up so I'm pretty stoked to see Fantasmic! this time. I always try to tell myself I'm leaving something undone for next time. So you'll just have to go on another BSM! ;) Believe me, you'll want to! I think Kevin is starting a program where you just give him your credit card to hold on to so he can get you on trips faster. What I need is a monthly debit plan like I have for insurance and the electric bill and other "needs"!

Christy, I loved seeing your pretty self go by in Dustin's video! Can't wait to hug necks!

New app I found called 2013 Photo A Day Disneyland Resort to bring a bit of magic into my life before the trip. It's 1.99 in the Apple store, which seems fairly reasonable. I'm hoping it'll help me come up with some new shot ideas. Though, to be fair, this guy is leagues better than I am. Still, something to aspire to and I love getting the new photo everyday.

Just had my birthday last Monday (40! Whoop!) and the whole family came down and hung out at a beach house on Tybee Island we rented for a week. It was so awesome! Bonus, no one killed anyone else! Jeri and my mom banded together on a gift idea and got me a Disney Chamilia bead bracelet!!!!! I lurvs it so much!!! Best. Husband. And. Mom. Gift. EVER!!! :cheer2:

Hope everyone else is having a great summer and staying cool! See y'all soon!! Okay, soon-ish but still sooner than it was! :grouphug:

Chropistopy
08-05-2013, 07:34 PM
I agree, Lauren! Kevin just needs to start taking a monthly payment from me even if I don't have a trip planned...but that being said, I think I've been planning or paying for an ABD trip since the first one I took in 2010.

It was great to see the video of our June trip! Dustin did a great job. I can't to experience the trip with you guys!

The summer has been good. I'm looking forward to some cooler weather though.

DisneyKevin
08-05-2013, 07:45 PM
I think Kevin is starting a program where you just give him your credit card to hold on to so he can get you on trips faster. What I need is a monthly debit plan like I have for insurance and the electric bill and other "needs"!

I agree, Lauren! Kevin just needs to start taking a monthly payment from me even if I don't have a trip planned...but that being said, I think I've been planning or paying for an ABD trip since the first one I took in 2010.

First...Happy Birthday!

Second...I think we need direct deposit....like with a 401K. Just take the money off the top before you even see it. Let me work on the "deferred taxes". That might be an issue.:scratchin

SleepingAriel28
08-06-2013, 09:24 PM

Just added a pre-trip night with abd and its almost paid for yea so happy the total is finally get down there :banana::cool1:

Addicted to Dopey
08-29-2013, 07:24 AM
fast question for anyone that might know....the DL passes we get from ABD, are they 3 day or 4 day? We are going down a few days ahead of time and staying a day and a half after the ABD ends, so we will need to buy a pass for some of that time...just trying to figure out if i need a pass for that friday and that saturday, or if friday is covered by what we get with ABD.

Chropistopy
08-29-2013, 08:14 AM
fast question for anyone that might know....the DL passes we get from ABD, are they 3 day or 4 day? We are going down a few days ahead of time and staying a day and a half after the ABD ends, so we will need to buy a pass for some of that time...just trying to figure out if i need a pass for that friday and that saturday, or if friday is covered by what we get with ABD.

It's a 4 day pass. You shouldn't have to worry about Friday.

Addicted to Dopey
08-29-2013, 09:28 AM
It's a 4 day pass. You shouldn't have to worry about Friday.

thanks!! :-)

Addicted to Dopey
08-29-2013, 03:16 PM
okay so i just came across this place and wow does it look interesting!! And its right around the corner from the hotel! Has anyone been here before? Is it all hype, or pretty cool with different candy that's not so easy to find?

http://sweetlosangeles.com/

skunkvette
08-29-2013, 07:34 PM
okay so i just came across this place and wow does it look interesting!! And its right around the corner from the hotel! Has anyone been here before? Is it all hype, or pretty cool with different candy that's not so easy to find?

http://sweetlosangeles.com/

Have not tried Sweet yet but love Crumb Bake Shop right next the the Lowes...

Addicted to Dopey
08-29-2013, 09:09 PM
Have not tried Sweet yet but love Crumb Bake Shop right next the the Lowes...

Ahh yes Crumbs....YUM! We have a bunch here in NYC.... i have to force myself to walk past one on my way to work everyday without stopping and getting one for breakfast! Lol

stenogoddess
08-30-2013, 09:19 AM
Ahh yes Crumbs....YUM! We have a bunch here in NYC.... i have to force myself to walk past one on my way to work everyday without stopping and getting one for breakfast! Lol

I would be the size of a house if I had to walk past them everyday. You are strong like bull!!! :thumbsup2

Addicted to Dopey
08-30-2013, 12:27 PM
I would be the size of a house if I had to walk past them everyday. You are strong like bull!!! :thumbsup2

haha, its very very hard!!

wdwscout
08-31-2013, 01:12 PM
Bought plane tickets today!!!!
Tricky part is that we STILL do not know where we will be living on Dec 14 when we fly to LA. :crazy2:
So we might have to buy more tickets from Philly to Orlando the day before if we haven't moved yet. Living in limbo is driving us nuts!!!

Flying in Saturday morning and staying at the Lowes that first night (ABD add on). One extra night at the end, but we are using DVC points, so we'll have to find our own way back to the airport.

Not sure what we will do before the Adventure starts, but there are lots of good ideas out there. I know the photographer, historian and train buff in John wants to see Union Station, so we'll probably just take the subway there and also see Olvera St while we're there- maybe have dinner there? Nothing too big or strenuous after traveling. Sunday we'll likely just hang out around Hollywood & Vine.

We are bound and determined to make this trip work!! :cool1:
California here we come!!

DisneyKevin
09-01-2013, 08:04 AM
I know the photographer, historian and train buff in John wants to see Union Station

Union Station looks absolutely beautiful.

I'd love to go see it.

wdwscout
09-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Union Station looks absolutely beautiful.

I'd love to go see it.

You guys (and anyone) are certainly welcome to join us! :thumbsup2
It's one train from Hollywood & Highland right to Union Station (a bunch of stops, but only about 15-20 minutes long).

Aside from the station itself- Olvera Street is literally right across the street! It is the "birthplace of Los Angeles" and is full of shops and eateries. It would be fun to browse- even if we end up deciding to eat somewhere closer to our hotel.

Our plane lands at 10:15am. So, after we transfer to the hotel, check-in and have some lunch- I suspect we might be heading toward Union Station around 2-ish (give or take)? Back to Hollywood and Highland by dinner time.

If anyone is interested in joining us, let me know.

DisneyKevin
09-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Okay Folks.....

In two weeks we pass another milestone.

The folks headed to Germany will be done with the ABD chat room.

We will hold two more Germany chats....9/5 and 9/12.

After that....it's yours. You take ownership.

We hold ABD chat on Thursday evenings starting at 8pm ish EST.

I will not be around for the 9/19 or 9/26 chats (in Germany), but you are welcome to use the ABD chat room.

Just make sure you leave it clean, stack the chairs and turn the lights out when you are done. :)

If you are unfamiliar with Chat...just click the link at the top of any page.

Regular Dis Unplugged Chat is on Wednesday at 8pm and ABD is Thursday at 8pm. Dont forget the "ish". ;)

Come and meet your fellow travelers.

myweegirls
09-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Augh! I'll have to leave the chatting to Eric (DEA), as I have a regular rehearsal on Thursday evenings...I will miss getting to chat with folks prior to the trip!

XO
Liz

stenogoddess
09-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Wow, you know it's getting real when you get the chat room! Fun!

Have a wonderful time in Germany, Kevin. You have to have some extra fun for me! And maybe one of those pretzels. I've always wondered if the pretzels are really better over there like bagels are better in New York, or if they just taste better because you're in Germany on vacation. Inquiring minds want to know! :goodvibes

wdwscout
09-05-2013, 11:19 AM
:dance3:100 DAYS:dance3:

:surfweb: setting my calendar reminder for chat time!

DisneyKevin
09-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Wow, you know it's getting real when you get the chat room! Fun!

Have a wonderful time in Germany, Kevin. You have to have some extra fun for me! And maybe one of those pretzels. I've always wondered if the pretzels are really better over there like bagels are better in New York, or if they just taste better because you're in Germany on vacation. Inquiring minds want to know! :goodvibes

Wish you were going with us!

I'll let you know about the pretzels. :goodvibes

wdwscout
09-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Grrrrr. so we went ahead and purchase airfare on Delta (thanks to Pete's recommendation) and now they are scr*wing us over.

We bought first class tickets each way.
Today- they have changed our return flight and MOVED US TO COACH!!!!! :furious:
John is on the phone with them right now and they are not helping at all. They are offering a $200 refund. (The coach tickets were $500 less than what we paid- each). Or- we can leave Saturday morning and lose our whole extra day of vacation. Or we can fly back Sunday morning "maybe" on an overbooked flight.

So is this the real Delta????
We are so angry right now I don't know what to do. :furious:
Any suggestions?

stenogoddess
09-15-2013, 01:53 PM
Grrrrr. so we went ahead and purchase airfare on Delta (thanks to Pete's recommendation) and now they are scr*wing us over.

John is on the phone with them right now and they are not helping at all. They are offering a $200 refund. (The coach tickets were $500 less than what we paid- each). Or- we can leave Saturday morning and lose our whole extra day of vacation. Or we can fly back Sunday morning "maybe" on an overbooked flight.

Any suggestions?

This is terrible news! :eek: We usually fly Delta too. I have no idea what to suggest other than asking for a full refund and going with someone else. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. Let us know how it works out.

sayhello
09-15-2013, 02:32 PM

Any suggestions?Sorry to butt in here, but that is the real Delta. The people actually working on the airplanes are fabulous, but the folks running the scheduling and such in the back offices are sadists. Last time I flew to LA, I had a non-stop flight home that I paid a lot extra for. They just got rid of the non-stop flight for that day, and re-routed me through Atlanta, which added over 6 hours to my trip. And I got *NO* refund for that! That's only one of MANY times Delta has screwed me over.

Sayhello

wdwscout
09-15-2013, 03:04 PM
Here's where we are right now...
We are now flying back on Sunday morning 12/22 and spending Saturday night at the Hilton by LAX (thanks for the link Jeff :thumbsup2). Surprisingly, it wasn't at all expensive for the hotel- so I guess we'll be OK.

The option to stay on our original flight in coach (on a red eye flight) was not a good one. They could not guarantee they could keep the middle seat open, and we could not get a refund of the extra money we spent until AFTER the travel was over- then we'd have to hash it out with the "fare office" which I have no interest in doing. :crazy2:

What we are missing though, is spending Sunday with our son in Orlando. :sad1:

And we also lost any wiggle room we had in case we had to change planes to Philly due to weather. This is all so very complicated it makes my head hurt!! :headache:
We are flying in and out of MCO because we hoped we would have already moved to Orlando by December. But that's not going to happen. So just this morning, I purchased the Phila-MCO airfare. Luckily- we had built in some time to see Nicholas- so the Delta mess only impacts our time with him and not our other flight.

At least we know the Backstage Magic ABD is worth all this hassle!! Time with friends, time in Disneyland. :cloud9: I've got to focus on the good stuff!

DisneyKevin
09-15-2013, 03:08 PM
Here's where we are right now...
We are now flying back on Sunday morning 12/22 and spending Saturday night at the Hilton by LAX (thanks for the link Jeff :thumbsup2). Surprisingly, it wasn't at all expensive for the hotel- so I guess we'll be OK.

The option to stay on our original flight in coach (on a red eye flight) was not a good one. They could not guarantee they could keep the middle seat open, and we could not get a refund of the extra money we spent until AFTER the travel was over- then we'd have to hash it out with the "fare office" which I have no interest in doing. :crazy2:

What we are missing though, is spending Sunday with our son in Orlando. :sad1:

And we also lost any wiggle room we had in case we had to change planes to Philly due to weather. This is all so very complicated it makes my head hurt!! :headache:
We are flying in and out of MCO because we hoped we would have already moved to Orlando by December. But that's not going to happen. So just this morning, I purchased the Phila-MCO airfare. Luckily- we had built in some time to see Nicholas- so the Delta mess only impacts our time with him and not our other flight.

At least we know the Backstage Magic ABD is worth all this hassle!! Time with friends, time in Disneyland. :cloud9: I've got to focus on the good stuff!

I'm really sorry that you're having these issues.

We flew Delta pretty much exclusively and we havent faced these issues.

wdwscout
09-19-2013, 07:09 PM
Anybody up for Chat tonight?
The ABD chat room is ours as of tonight!! THAT means our trip is NEXT!! :cool1::goodvibes

stenogoddess
09-20-2013, 07:40 AM
Totally forgot about chat last night. I'm out of town for my niece's one year old birthday party and dedication at the church. Next week for sure though! :thumbsup2

wdwscout
09-20-2013, 08:27 AM
Totally forgot about chat last night. I'm out of town for my niece's one year old birthday party and dedication at the church. Next week for sure though! :thumbsup2

No problem- it is still early!
I checked in a couple of times, but no one every joined in.

I am a chat newbie- so I guess I was a little "over-excited' to finally be a part of one of these trips. :tigger:

In the meantime- we can all enjoy the reports coming back from Germany and all those lucky travelers!!
Next Thursday everyone!! :wave:

SleepingAriel28
09-20-2013, 10:41 AM
I'm sorry too I really need to set an alarm so I can remember I wanna go and chat plus being on the west coast I gotta make sure im home at 5ish. Last night I wasnt home sorry :)

Chropistopy
09-20-2013, 11:24 PM
add me to the list of folks that completely forgot about chat...I'll definitely try to remember next week!

apurplebrat
09-21-2013, 06:34 AM
Can't wait for chat to begin!

Disneynana03
09-22-2013, 04:08 PM
I'm gonna try and make it to chat

Disneynana03
09-22-2013, 04:10 PM
:):):cool1:

wdwscout
09-22-2013, 06:04 PM
I look forward to seeing you there! :wave:

And welcome to the boards! :cheer2:
This is fun place to hang out too!

biozfear
09-25-2013, 07:24 AM
Hi again!

I can't believe this holiday is finally going to arrive!! It seems ages ago since I signed up for the trip and we booked our flights back in January when the sales were on.

I think we're doing the trip differently to most other people. As we're coming in from the UK, we're flying in on the 7th Dec, travelling around for a week (probably San Francisco and back again) and then dropping the car at the airport for the start of the adventure. We're not flying back out until the 24th, so I'm thinking a quick night or two in Vegas at the end.

Are we the only ones coming from outside the US?

PS, I'd like to make chat sometime, but it's 1am for me!

SleepingAriel28
09-26-2013, 07:20 PM

I made it to chat this time so where is everyone this time

wdwscout
09-26-2013, 08:17 PM
I made it to chat this time so where is everyone this time

True- only 3 of us this week.
I'm sure it will get busier as we get closer.

It was nice to chat with you though! :thumbsup2

stenogoddess
09-27-2013, 09:39 AM
I even wrote myself a post it. I'm hopeless! I might need someone to call me to remind me to get online to chat! :rotfl:

Chropistopy
09-27-2013, 10:54 AM
I'm the same way, Lauren! I completely forgot last night. I'm going to need to put a huge note on my computer the night before...

wdwscout
09-27-2013, 04:59 PM
I set a reminder in my calendar- so my phone reminds me. :)
There would be NO WAY I would remember otherwise. :rolleyes2

apurplebrat
10-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Plan to be at chat tonight :santa: