PDA

View Full Version : Scariest Disney Moments

Spindler2007
06-12-2012, 05:36 PM
In many Disney movies, there are moments that many of us have found quite scary and may still scare us a little to this day. I must admit that scary moments in animated Disney movies never scared me but scary moments in live action ones is another story.

The scary moment for me would have to be from Return to Oz when just after Dorothy guesses correctly, the Nome King gets mad and starts to transform into the giant rock monster he becomes moments later in the movie. This scared me as a child but it no longer did as I got older.

Who else here has a scary moment that used to or still does scare them?

Please feel free to share it with us

Tinks1984
06-13-2012, 07:17 AM
I clearly remember being terrified of Jafar & his hypnotizing snake staff! :rotfl: I watched the film as a youngster and hated him, when he turned into the all-powerful genie it was just horrendous! LOL!

And then, we visited the parks and they used to do a breakfast with Aladdin & Co and my Mum & Dad arranged for us to go whilst over there. I clearly remember being so excited, as I loved Aladdin & the Genie and actually didn't realise that Jafar would be at the breakfast also :lmao: I remember him coming for a photograph and me crying and running off to my Dad's knee :rotfl2:

I actually still don't think I'd be comfortable meeting him to this day, he honestly freaks me out :(

Spindler2007
06-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Yeah. Jafar can be quite intimidating even at the Disney theme parks. The scene where he is a giant cobra is pretty intense although the part where the Genie is cheering Aladdin on is hilarious including this very line "Jafar Jafar. He's our man. If he can't do it, GREAT!!":rotfl2:

tinks_1989
06-13-2012, 10:12 AM
I was just talking about this with a friend so many of them are scary lol!

Snow White - When she is lost in the wood and all the tree's logs start looking really scary! Is probably the scariest.

Though Pinocchio, Fantasia (Dinosaur scene), Dumbo,

Spindler2007
06-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Yeah. That bit in Snow White sure does look scary.

There is one scene that I think is really scary for many people is the whole spindle sequence from Sleeping Beauty especially the scene where Maleficent is in the fireplace and all you see is the glowing green orb and her eyes. This scared a lot of people. I remember hearing that when Sleeping Beauty first came out back in 1959, kids were taken out of the movie theatres crying by their parents because of this scene. It really frightened them. This never scared me as a child but I did find it creepy. There is one thing in the sequence that does creep me out and that is the music. Its so scary :scared1:

Word of advice. Never listen to it in the dark. Its worse when you hear it in your head when you enter a dark area.

Sarah28
06-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Yeah. That bit in Snow White sure does look scary.

There is one scene that I think is really scary for many people is the whole spindle sequence from Sleeping Beauty especially the scene where Maleficent is in the fireplace and all you see is the glowing green orb and her eyes. This scared a lot of people. I remember hearing that when Sleeping Beauty first came out back in 1959, kids were taken out of the movie theatres crying by their parents because of this scene. It really frightened them. This never scared me as a child but I did find it creepy. There is one thing in the sequence that does creep me out and that is the music. Its so scary :scared1:

Word of advice. Never listen to it in the dark. Its worse when you hear it in your head when you enter a dark area.

You read my mind, that's the one that creeps me out the most to this very day! It's def her eyes that freak me out :scared:

Spindler2007
06-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Yeah. I'd say this is Maleficent at her most scariest. Whats even more scarier is not being able to know what she's gonna do because she is basically capable of anything.

TotallyAngelic
06-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Snow White for sure and the scene where the Wicked Queen turns into the evil old crone .... that old crone scares me even now.

Spindler2007
06-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Snow White for sure and the scene where the Wicked Queen turns into the evil old crone .... that old crone scares me even now.

Yeah. It is pretty freaky. The transformation scene is kind of trippy and feels like your watching Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde instead of a Disney movie.

Spindler2007
06-20-2012, 03:31 AM
Does anyone remember The Watcher in the Woods? That movie was just plain creepy.

The shots that I thought were creepy in the movie was when the camera was going all Evil Dead by roaming through the woods following the characters watching there every move. :scared1:

Dimplenose
06-21-2012, 01:44 AM
Not a film but a food court! POFQ food court (Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory?) has loads of carnival heads that are so creepy I had to sit with my back to them while I ate! :rotfl2:

Clare Marie
06-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Beauty & The Beast, when Belle is on Beast's chair and she looks one way around the chair and then the other and his big scary face is there!! Made me jump every time!!! I used to be so scared. The parts in Sleeping Beauty with Maleficent Also scared me half to death! :eek:

TavieP
06-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Haha - I blogged an essay that my sister wrote about this a few years ago, fun topic. Warning: the of the post and some of the content has some bad language in it (nothing disgusting, just a few swear words, but wanted to warn)!

12 Most @$*&#*&^-up Disney Moments (http://www.tavie.com/2009/08/i-am-generally-not-one-to-plagiarize.html)

For me, # 1 is the worst - Lampwick turned into a donkey. Still scarred by that.

Spindler2007
06-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Beauty & The Beast, when Belle is on Beast's chair and she looks one way around the chair and then the other and his big scary face is there!! Made me jump every time!!! I used to be so scared. The parts in Sleeping Beauty with Maleficent Also scared me half to death! :eek:

If I remember correctly, its actually Belle's dad that sits in the chair. I'd be terrified as well if I was sitting in Beast's chair.

Clare Marie
06-21-2012, 02:11 PM
If I remember correctly, its actually Belle's dad that sits in the chair. I'd be terrified as well if I was sitting in Beast's chair.

Yes your right! What a numpty. My apologies :)

Spindler2007
06-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Yes your right! What a numpty. My apologies :)

No worries. It is quite an intense scene though.

Clare Marie
06-21-2012, 02:50 PM
No worries. It is quite an intense scene though.

:scared1:

Spindler2007
06-23-2012, 04:38 AM
I remember a scene at the end of the movie The Black Hole which was creepy where Hans Reinhart was floating through space, sees the robot Maximillian and they end up joining together (with Hans ending up inside in the robot) in what appears to be Hell.

This is pretty dark for a Disney movie.

If you haven't seen the movie, here's the link for this scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFv9ZRAqG1s

~Piglet~
06-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Not a film but a food court! POFQ food court (Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory?) has loads of carnival heads that are so creepy I had to sit with my back to them while I ate! :rotfl2:

That was the deciding factor for me in choosing to stay at POR rather than POFQ last trip!! I just couldn't have sat and ate every day with the masks there :laughing:

wideeyes
06-27-2012, 03:30 AM
My sister used to find Beauty and The Beast Scary when Belles dad first went to the castle. I found most things scary, The whale in pinocchio scared me!!
The Queen in Alice In Wonderland, when she shouted off with their head! When Tigger got lost in the woods!!

My daughter will not watch Toy Story 3! As she finds it to scary!

Spindler2007
07-08-2012, 05:03 AM
My sister used to find Beauty and The Beast Scary when Belles dad first went to the castle. I found most things scary, The whale in pinocchio scared me!!
The Queen in Alice In Wonderland, when she shouted off with their head! When Tigger got lost in the woods!!

My daughter will not watch Toy Story 3! As she finds it to scary!

Yeah. The Big Baby can be quite intimiditing especially in the scene when he's looking up at the moon and then when he hear's something, his head goes all the way around facing backwards all Exorcist style. Creepy

stba2006
07-09-2012, 03:06 AM

:rotfl2: This just made me giggle :)

wen-tom
07-09-2012, 04:03 AM
I have always been fine with all the evil queens etc but pinnochio scared the heck out of me when i was a kid! The growing nose.. the whole turning into a donkey thing...Monstro!! :scared::scared::scared: even the ride freaks me out!

I have only ever watched it once as an adult and still find it freaky!

Saying that, we rode snow white in Paris a few months ago and oh my lord! The tree's leaning in toward us had 4 grown woman screaming like babies :rotfl2: They are some SCARY looking trees! :crazy2:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk284/wen-tom/252255_4139527207466_1070685573_n.jpg

Spindler2007
07-09-2012, 12:09 PM
I have always been fine with all the evil queens etc but pinnochio scared the heck out of me when i was a kid! The growing nose.. the whole turning into a donkey thing...Monstro!! :scared::scared::scared: even the ride freaks me out!

I have only ever watched it once as an adult and still find it freaky!

Saying that, we rode snow white in Paris a few months ago and oh my lord! The tree's leaning in toward us had 4 grown woman screaming like babies :rotfl2: They are some SCARY looking trees! :crazy2:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk284/wen-tom/252255_4139527207466_1070685573_n.jpg

WOAH!!! Those are some scary looking trees. I remember going on this ride at the Magic Kingdom and all I did was laugh all the way through it. Perhaps thats probably because I don't scare easily I guess.

wen-tom
07-09-2012, 12:40 PM
:rotfl2: I don't remember the ride in WDW being quite as scary as this one in Paris :scared:

Spindler2007
07-09-2012, 01:01 PM
I've just looked at the recent video of the Paris version on Youtube and it does look scarier than the one that used to been in Florida.

Tink1987
07-09-2012, 05:24 PM
The Snow White ride is terrifying in Paris!

I think the scariest Disney villains are Maleficent and Ursula! They really scared me when I was younger.

One thing that really had me cowering at the back of the sofa though was the live action 'The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe - nothing to do with the Snow Queen, it was Morgan, Chief of Police that scared me! The one that changed into the wolf/dog! Haha!

Spindler2007
07-10-2012, 02:40 AM
I know that some Disney villains have a certain theme tune that plays when they're around. I only know a few have theme tunes that give me chills when I hear them.

The Queen from Snow White: Her theme tune is very eerie and does make you feel like something evil is about to happen. :scared:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-XOOjaDd7U&feature=relmfu

Ursula: Her theme tune is really creepy. The intro of the music gives me shivers when I hear it and then when the next piece of the theme plays, it makes me want to move to the music like a snake to a snake charmer. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7hbDzkL4U4

Maleficent: Her theme tune I would say is the most scariest theme tune that is ever written for a Disney Villain. This is one piece of music you do not want to listen to alone especially in the dark. The music itself does make you feel like something evil and very scary is about to come out of the dark and get you. :scared1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfSKgCOF3vU

Spindler2007
07-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Does anyone here have disney music that gives them the creeps?

amylouv
07-16-2012, 02:46 PM
There are quite a few Disney moments that give me the creeps! The Horned King in The Black Cauldron is downright scary altogether, the scene in Sleeping Beauty when Malificent (or the green light) leads Aurora up the stairs to the spinning wheel (the music has a lot to do with that for me) and the whale and the donkeys in Pinocchio.

Spindler2007
06-04-2014, 03:05 PM
Thought I'd give this a bump to see if anyone else has a scary moment from Disney they remember.

Here is a scary moment that I forgot to mention from the movie The Watcher In The Woods. All the other stuff in the movie is creepy but there is one bit that I still cannot watch and its that jump scare from the Ghost Train before the mirror scene. I can't remember what it is that pops up as I was only a kid when I saw it. I still can't stand that horrid screeching it makes. It unnerves me every time I hear it from another room.:scared1:

Feel free to share any scary moments from Disney that you remember.

Jeff in BigD
06-21-2014, 04:11 AM
This is the stuff of nightmares:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9UTiEhE3xbs/TpszAX3ReBI/AAAAAAAACBk/A7RMk-Q2v8k/s640/hh.jpg

Seeing this around 7 years of age made for many recurring nightmare.

But I love the movie now, haha.

petals
06-25-2014, 07:48 PM
Pink Elephants on Parade in Dumbo terrified me as a child although i loved the rest of the movie and when I started collecting vinylmation the first one I got was a Pink Elephant! :)

godders
07-06-2014, 02:28 PM
The Haunted Mansion ride - scarred me for life when I went on it when I was 6 and have had panic attacks when my family have tried to persuade me to get on it again.