PDA

View Full Version : Disney World Road Trip Survival Kit

KristEn87
06-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Hi All!

My family will be making our yearly trip to the World in just 29 days, but this time we'll be bringing some extended family who are newbies. Most of them will be driving down and from our area it's about 15 hours. I'd like to create a "survival kit" for them to have in their cars, but also for them to use while at Disney. There are three family's joining us and in total there will be two 2 year olds, one 4 year old, and one 11 year old. So if you guys can think of any Disney related items or have any ideas of what I could pack in their "survival kit" I'd greatly appreciate it!

jeanigor
06-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Snacks are obvious.

We have found a pack of baby wipes to be the best secret.
Varying sizes of ziploc baggies also come in useful for odd things.

AuntieKels
06-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Off the top of my head I thought of:

mini magnadoodles
misters
disney window clings - for car or hotel window
park maps - my 4yo niece loooves looking at them
snacks (duh)
iSpy or seek and find books

Check out dollar bins at your local craft store and Target. They can have some pretty cute Disney themed toys for cheap like wind-up cars and princess wands.

I hope that helps!

KristEn87
06-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Totally LOVE the magnadoodle idea!

I have Disney Princess Fruit Snacks and Disney Princess Band-aids on the list as well.

I think our local Disney Store has some park maps so I can get that there too. I'm thinking of throwing in like $15 dollar gift cards for each of the kids too.

kermit116
06-07-2012, 02:00 PM
The cheap ($0.99) disposable camping ponchos from Walmart or Target. They are small enough to keep in a pocket or purse, and can be a good quick way to save yourselves from the rain without spending big money on a Disney poncho.

Sarabi's Cubs
06-07-2012, 09:28 PM
I never take a long road trip without a box of gallon ziplock bags. 3 kids - 2 prone to carsickness. It has saved us many times.

I also bring a couple of washcloths that we wet and freeze. I put them in ziplocks and take them out to put on on their necks if they get hot.

Laurie

KristEn87
06-08-2012, 07:38 AM
Love the wash cloth idea!

I can't wait to go shopping for all this stuff!

Jedana
06-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Color wonders Markers/paper.
Invisible ink books http://www.kidslovetravel.com/invisible_ink_books.htm

Laptop desk thingy (you know what I mean), so the kids can use it when they are drawing/playing.

DVD/disney movies

slippers. My kids loved to take off their shoes in the car on long rides, and so they didn't mess with their socks (DS has a bad habit of picking at the seams at the toes until he makes a hole), I made them wear slippers or slipper socks.

Cozy blanket/pillow
Card games, like Uno or go fish
Rubik's cube
paper for tic tac toe or hangman

Masking tape. little ones love to play with tape.
Metal lunch box with magnets

for the older one
a journal
camera
puzzle books
ipod

angieand3rs
06-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Oooh, goodie! We're taking our two year old and (then) one year old in the car down in Dec, so those ideas are perfect! :thumbsup2

KarmaLady
06-11-2012, 06:03 PM
We're driving down in 76 days (but who's countin') :cool1: with DS6 & DD4 for a 22 hour drive. It'll be our first car trip together over 4 hours so I'm anticipating some not so happy campers. We've already started our road trip box with Disney toys I found on sale, a magnet story toy, Disney movies to watch, and comfy pillows and blankets. We're leaving at midnight when they are sleeping and a stuffed Mickey & Minnie will be in their car seats snuggling with them when they wake up.
LOVE the masking tape idea!