PDA

View Full Version : Heard from WdW Customer service today.

connie1042
06-05-2012, 01:14 PM
If you remember I wrote Customer Service about getting cut at Animal Kingdom. Well I talked to a representative today and explained what went on. I said, I did it, it was really not their fault, but that having a CM say there is nothing we can do about it, was not okay in my book. I said anytime blood is involved, there should be procedures in place. She said there are, and that what happened to me is not the way it should of been handled. She said the CM should of helped anyway she could. I said I know there are liability issues, but getting me a tissue, would not of been a problem. So hopefully no one gets fired, but they are going to try to figure out who it was and re-train them.
They asked if I wanted to be compensated, and I said no, I just do not want this to happen to anyone else.

Tink rules
06-05-2012, 02:23 PM
I'm glad you got an answer.. they are pretty good at that.

& kudo's to you... lots of people would have piped up right away and say yes on the compensation... Like you said... you just wanted to make sure that the cm's got the right training.

Kimberle
06-05-2012, 04:54 PM
I got a bad cut at AK a few years ago. I was trying to open one of those stupid fast food desserts served in a plastic container. The plastic was sharp as a razer in one place. I went to first aid, showed them the cover, they gave be a bandaid, ointment, and "shrugged". I was more concerned about someone else getting hurt on the plastic. No one seemed to care.

connie1042
06-05-2012, 09:39 PM
I was recorded for the whole phone call. Which I can say, I was never recorded before talking to guest services. I thought the first e-mail I got saying I will be contacted by the claims department was different. So when all my issues were addressed, and I said I did not want anything for getting cut, but I did want to know if "I can't do anything about it" was okay in their book. She said "I will turn off the recorder and I will discuss it with you." After I hung up, I thought that was a little odd. Like I said, she said that is not normal, but from reading the last reply, I am not so sure. Let's hope not.

Mndisneygirl
06-05-2012, 10:10 PM
I'd venture a guess that you were recorded for legal reasons. They now have a recording of you saying you do not want to be compensated. They are a corporation, and of course are concerned about potential lawsuits and such.

I'm glad you declined compensation. It seems that they assumed you were looking for it, and it would silence you or whatever. But maybe it also indicates that they are not as concerned about the guests' safety as much and that's too bad.

I can only hope that the re-training helps them recognize that it's not a big deal to offer a little assistance (like a tissue or napkin or bandaid) and then refer you elsewhere AFTER that.