PDA

View Full Version : For Pete: Thanks for the new stuff on the podcast!

erinreid
06-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Pete,

I just want to take a moment to thank you for the renewed energy that you've had for the podcast recently. You said that you were getting a bit tired of it recently, and we all can understand that, after doing it for so many years.

But many of us, even though we pay nothing, have come to rely on your voice, and everyone else's voices, week after week with you humor, insight, and yes, your rants. So it's great to hear your batteries recharged with:

- the Welcome Center;
- the new recording studio furniture and equipment;
- the live call-in show;
- the return of the Prizematron;
- and all the other things you have up your sleeves!

You don't know me, you don't know the vast majority of us who listen to your show every week. But we know you. And I'm pretty sure I can speak for most of us that our affection for all of you goes well beyond anything to do with Disney. We care about your life events, the weddings, the births, the birthdays, and the deaths. We celebrate Ferris's funky walk and root for the muddy buddies. We cry over your wedding to Walter and we cry over the loss of Kevin's mother. Yes, this is mostly a one-way medium, but you bring so much of yourselves to the podcast that... well...

You're our friends. And we'd miss you if you were gone.

So thank you, thank you for everything you do, every week.

- Erin

Jotash
06-02-2012, 07:14 PM
As an infrequent poster to the boards, but an avid listener to the podcast, I would like to second everything Erin expressed. Thank you for all you do!

coinbeach45
06-02-2012, 07:29 PM
I agree completely!!!!!!!!

teresajoy
06-02-2012, 07:46 PM
I have to agree too!

T Morrows Child
06-02-2012, 07:58 PM
It's interesting . . . at the intro to the latest show, I couldn't help but notice how much richer the sound was. And the recording has always been good quality anyway!

Well done, Pete!

EPCOT is a verb
06-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Pete,

I just want to take a moment to thank you for the renewed energy that you've had for the podcast recently. You said that you were getting a bit tired of it recently, and we all can understand that, after doing it for so many years.

But many of us, even though we pay nothing, have come to rely on your voice, and everyone else's voices, week after week with you humor, insight, and yes, your rants. So it's great to hear your batteries recharged with:

- the Welcome Center;
- the new recording studio furniture and equipment;
- the live call-in show;
- the return of the Prizematron;
- and all the other things you have up your sleeves!

You don't know me, you don't know the vast majority of us who listen to your show every week. But we know you. And I'm pretty sure I can speak for most of us that our affection for all of you goes well beyond anything to do with Disney. We care about your life events, the weddings, the births, the birthdays, and the deaths. We celebrate Ferris's funky walk and root for the muddy buddies. We cry over your wedding to Walter and we cry over the loss of Kevin's mother. Yes, this is mostly a one-way medium, but you bring so much of yourselves to the podcast that... well...

You're our friends. And we'd miss you if you were gone.

So thank you, thank you for everything you do, every week.

- Erin

I also agree with everything Erin said. Thank you all.

tammydel
06-02-2012, 08:47 PM
:thumbsup2

MommyTaraLee
06-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Adding in my thanks... Very nicely said!

SamSam
06-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Well said, I agree completely.:goodvibes

lthiesfeld07
06-02-2012, 09:16 PM
I agree!! I was actually getting worried that the show was going to end!

I can't wait for the new updates!! :goodvibes

WebmasterPete
06-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Wow, what a nice thing to say (even nicer to read :) ).

I do have some renewed energy these past few weeks, and I owe a debt of gratitude to Dustin, who has been incredibly helpful with many of the changes we're making to the show. Dustin has been a big fan of the podcast since the very beginning - its been like hiring someone who knows you really well, but you've never met him before. His talent and background in working with the new equipment made the transition painless, and his enthusiasm has been infectious.

So, I appreciate your kind words but would ask that you also direct some of that to Dustin. He's been working away tirelessly since he started with us 2 months ago, and he's quickly proving to a major asset and a great guy to work with!

Pete

erinreid
06-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Wow, what a nice thing to say (even nicer to read :) ).

I do have some renewed energy these past few weeks, and I owe a debt of gratitude to Dustin, who has been incredibly helpful with many of the changes we're making to the show. Dustin has been a big fan of the podcast since the very beginning - its been like hiring someone who knows you really well, but you've never met him before. His talent and background in working with the new equipment made the transition painless, and his enthusiasm has been infectious.

So, I appreciate your kind words but would ask that you also direct some of that to Dustin. He's been working away tirelessly since he started with us 2 months ago, and he's quickly proving to a major asset and a great guy to work with!

Pete

You've got it! Thanks, Dustin, for everything you've done. For Pete, for the podcast, and for all of us!

- Erin

Dustin
06-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Pete,

- Erin

This is exactly how I felt several months ago. And trust me... this sentiment is not lost or forgotten among the podcasters. :)

k5jmh
06-02-2012, 09:40 PM
:thumbsup2

Mrs D
06-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Gotta ditto the sentiment. I had SO much fun fun being in and listening to the call in show. I'm really excited for this renewed format.

I listen to several other podcasts, some Disney related, and as an audio engineer I am always impressed with the audio quality of the show and enjoy hearing Max's increasing editing proficiency (I realize most people don't hear editing).

I'm excited for the skills Dustin is bringing to the table ;).

Can't wait to record my Dis story to share!

*NikkiBell*
06-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Well said, all! I agree! :thumbsup2

chica622
06-02-2012, 11:19 PM
I don't post too much, but just wanted to agree with all of the sentiments above. I look forward to hearing you all each week and thank you all for everything you do!

LionKingRules84
06-03-2012, 08:30 PM
I agree completely as well!

:)

jcarter29
06-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Great post, Erin...I agree 100%!

Kim Borcoman

chaoscent
06-04-2012, 06:44 AM
I normally don't "hang" at the podcast board. Sometimes I will stop in and make a comment or two and then leave. I think Erin hit the nail on the head. I know so much about all of you. My DH (not a Disney fan) asks about different people. When we were in my car last week Jim heard Dustin for the first time and asked about the new guy. Anyway, ditto what Ellen said.
ps - my DH bought me an iPod for my birthday 3 years ago. I didn't use it until the summer when I stumbled on the podcasts. I downloaded them all and listened to them all. I have since added other podcasts to my cache because the Dis podcasts alone don't ge me through my weekly commute. In the last few weeks my iPod has been acting up and when I downloaded it last week, it didn't download any of the DIS podcasts. When we were headed down to my Mom's Jim said "got any new podcasts from Pete" and none of them were there. I complained that my iPod has been acting up. :scared1: Well on the way home from my Mom's we bought a new iPod because I couldn't make it through the week without my DIS podcasts.:banana: So now I am all synced and ready to go. :dance3:
Thanks to the whole podcast team for what you do. Penny

jodiey
06-04-2012, 07:29 AM
I agree. I look forward to my little bit of Disney I get from you guys every week. I can't believe how bummed I become when I hear there won't be a show for the week.

T Morrows Child
06-04-2012, 07:52 AM
I do have some renewed energy these past few weeks, and I owe a debt of gratitude to Dustin, who has been incredibly helpful with many of the changes we're making to the show.

Thanks, Dustin. You have had a positive impact on the show, which is saying a lot since we enjoy it so much (and so many of us can be resistant to change)!

Cherinva
06-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Well said by all....thanks Pete, Dustin and all of the Pod casters !!!! I look forward to each new show.

hbg4
06-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Well said Erin.
I'm sure this is how a lot of us feel Pete. There's a lot not said, but you do fill that space in our lives and we look forward to listening and getting updates from you and the dis team on a regular basis.
Since I may not get a chance to individually thank everyone in person on the podcast cruise 3.0, I'm sending out a Big thanks to everyone in advance. :grouphug:

Brenda

kathleendsm
06-04-2012, 02:07 PM
I totally agree with all the sentiments expressed here. I listen to NPR a lot too, and they do the pledge drives with the "we don't make you give, we ask you to give" guilt-mongering (side note: I do give). You don't even ask that of us, we just get free entertainment and a glimpse into the lives of people we come to think of as friends, even though you have no idea we exist. It's amazing when you think about it...all this information and care and love and we have to do NOTHING for it!

My favorite way to listen to the podcast is on training runs. My main problem is that sometimes I laugh, and I'm pretty sure that you look like a maniac when you're running down the street by yourself laughing at nothing. :rotfl:

Anyway, thank you to Pete, Walter, Dustin, Julie, Corey, John, Kevin, Teresa, Kathy, Max and everyone else who makes this podcast of ours so great. Where would we be without you?

pittsburghmarc
06-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Love it! :thumbsup2

DisneyCruisin'
06-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Thank You to Pete and Dustin!

AuntieKels
06-04-2012, 04:58 PM
I don't think I could go without saying thank you. I will share my Dis story with you soon enough but I wanted to echo what everyone else has said here.

THANK YOU PODCAST CREW!!

The Running Ann
06-04-2012, 06:15 PM
I actually began to reply to this thread last night, but couldn't quite decide what to say. In short, all of the above posts have touched on some of the great things about the podcast and its crew. I too have noticed that the past few weeks and months have shown a great deal of energy. It makes me feel terrific every time I tune in and I appreciate all of the hard work that goes into the boards and all of the shows (both in front of the microphone and behind the scenes). I listened to the call in show while out on my morning run yesterday and thought it was a really fun change of pace. Can't wait to see what the rest of the year brings.

Thanks again and happy 15th anniversary to all!

Sarabi's Cubs
06-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Very well said and so true!!!!

Laurie

deekaypee
07-03-2012, 01:37 PM
What Erin said. Thanks to all the DIS podcast crew (WDW and DL). You don't know me, but I feel we're connected by our mutual love of Disney.

I have said this many times to the people I run Disney races with, and you deserve to hear it too: I couldn't get through my training without you.\.

Knowing that I could listen to your podcasts during training...why, that "luxury" has gotten me through some of my longest and toughest runs. Just today, when I wake up and it's already in the 80s, I used the podcast as my motivation to get out there. It works for me in a way music doesn't always.

So thank you, thank you, thank you! You not only make me laugh - and sometimes tear up (Give Kids the World) - but you have helped make me a happier, healthier person. You have enriched my life far beyond the Disney knowledge you offer.

I know many of the crew like to poke light-hearted fun at those of us who run - including Tinker Bell Half Marathoner Tony - all in good fun! :goodvibes But I also know you appreciate realizing that, I (and many others) have found running partners and friends through the support of the DISboards and its W.I.S.H. forum.

So thank you Pete, Walter, John, Kevin, Julie, Corey, Teresa, Kathy, Max, Dustin, and Max the intern. Thank you Tom, Walter, Tony, Nancy and Mary Jo. Thanks Bob Varley; I know your spirit still sits at the table. And thanks to all the correspondents - especially Dave Parfitt, who turned me onto the podcast - and special guests.

DisVillianMomma
07-03-2012, 03:47 PM
I agree completely!!!!!!!! Thanks you everything you and the rest of the team do!! :cool1::love: You guys are the best!!

Bewitch324
07-03-2012, 04:02 PM
I totally agree with everything that has been said...

the service and entertainment that all of you provide...and I find myself so attached and invested...

I think Dustin has been a wonderful addition; I'm loving all the new videos.

I celebrate your personal happinesses (is that a word??) and cry over your tragedies...

Thank you for sharing so much of yourselves with all of us...I know that you could do the show WITHOUT that...but it wouldn't be the same, and I really love all the personal stuff that you share with us, making us part of your lives in some small way.

I hope that some day I'll be able to participate in a special event or trip...but until then, I continue to feel a "part" of the show because of the way you all talk to us and include us...

Thank you so much!

Brooke

*NikkiBell*
07-03-2012, 04:17 PM
I have to add here how great it is to see so many new (or new to posting) people posting on this thread. Please jump right in and join us in threads that appeal to you!!

Hoping to see more of you all soon!! :)

Nikki
DIS Unplugged Forum Moderator & Blogger - Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards App.

UConnFan
07-03-2012, 11:25 PM
I agree! The podcast is the greatest motivation to get my hiney out the door to run. I feel like the team are all close friends.

mickeyoverload
07-05-2012, 06:35 AM
I have to agree!!! Love the podcast crew and I look forward to every show!!! Keep it up guys!!! :)

roomthreeseventeen
07-05-2012, 06:41 AM
Great post. :-) Thanks, Pete, Dustin and team.

EMTMICKEY
07-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Perfectly said. My eyes started welling up with tears as I read this post. No matter what's going on in my life, I can always count in the podcast crew, and the board family to be my escape and a source of smiles and laughter. I hope that there will be a way that I can one day repay everything.

SkyMedik
07-07-2012, 06:43 AM
I am coming back to the boards after a 4-year absence.... Having listened to the podcasts the whole time, it feels a bit like coming home. :) Love the new energy also!

Sooze
07-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Adding to the long thread of agreements here!

Just a reminder to you all who love the DisUnplugged like me...

Pete requested that if we are able, to make a donation to GKTW as a way of thanking the podcast team for all of their time and efforts in putting the wonderful DisUnplugged together. I can't think of a better way to let them know how much their podcast means to us than to donate to their favorite cause!

Say Thanks to the Team! Donate Here! (http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/david-parfitt/disgktw)

Thanks to the whole Podcast Team! We truly love you all!:blush: