PDA

View Full Version : sending iPhone DIS stories

AuntieKels
06-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Hi everyone!

I was listening to the podcast and wanted to take Pete up on his request for Dis stories. I looked at the show notes and I don't see instructions for sending in my story. Can anyone attach information about that? I've also never used iPhone recording so if anyone has tips I'd be greatful!

Thank you!

OKW Lover
06-02-2012, 01:55 PM
In the Voice Memo app on your iPhone you record your message. Then tap on the silver button to the right of the VU meter. This will bring you to a page with your voice memos where you can select one (or more), then tap on share on the bottom right. From there you can enter the DIS email address:
podcast@WDWinfo.com

froggy5657
06-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Kelsey,
Here is the good news! Recording with an iPhone will be far easier than you might expect. Simply go to the "Voice Memos" app (it comes pre loaded on your iPhone) you will probably find it on the second page of apps in the "Utilities" folder. It is a light blue icon. When you open it up there will be a microphone on the screen and, in the lower left hand corner there will be a record button (the red dot). Tap on this button and record your message. At any time as you record you can press that same button in the lower left hand corner to pause the recording or you can tap the button in the lower right hand corner to stop the recording. After you press stop, the button in the lower right hand corner becomes a button with three horizontal lines. Tap this. You will now see a list of all of your voice memos. Click on one to highlight it. At this point, to the left of the time and date of your recording there will be a small circle with a triangle. Tap this small circle to play your recording. If you can't hear it press the "speaker" button in the upper left hand corner. If it is a bright blue color, the sound will play as if you were calling someone on speaker phone. If it is a dull blue, the sound will play as if you were calling someone the normal way. (I personally prefer to keep the "speaker" option on). Once you are happy with your message you can press the small circle on the right side of the screen. It looks like an arrow. This will bring up a more detailed description of your recording. Then press the "share" button and a menu will pop up. Select "email" and type the podcast team's email into the "To" line (podcast@wdwinfo.com, I think) fill in the "Subject" line with the topic of your message, and press send!

I tried to be very explicit with the directions, but once you go through it on your iPhone, you should have no problem. If you need some more help just let me know!

Best of luck to you!

KristEn87
06-02-2012, 05:17 PM
This was my first time sending anything voice recorded into the podcast and I used voice memo on the. iPhone and emailed it right in. Very easy! I hope it wasn't too long!

NitroStitch
06-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the helpful directions! I used both to help figure out how to send my message. :cool1:

AuntieKels
06-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Yes, Thank you for the helpful directions!! I haven't sent in my recording yet.. I'm too nervous haha. I hope to get up the courage soon!

thanks again!