PDA

View Full Version : *June/July 'Beach Bod' Dieting Thread*

mandymouse
06-01-2012, 12:51 AM
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg128/mvbound/Smileys/bike.gif

Wow ! It's June, where has this year gone ? So how is everyone getting on with their diets ? I hope those couple of lovely weeks towards the end of May encouraged you to start wearing your shorts, summery clothes and to eat a bit healtier

Please share how you're getting on, whether it's good or bad. Let's see if we can give each other a little bit more encouragement and motivation now that the Summer is almost upon us

:wizard::wizard: Good Luck this month everyone :wizard::wizard:

mandymouse
06-01-2012, 12:56 AM
For me, May has been an emotional month with extreme highs and lows. It started with my last minute holiday (which was amazing) and ended with hubby's dad's funeral yesterday

I've been to one zumba class this week and I've kept away from the scales, I now have my holiday weight and whatever I've put on over the last week due to comfort eating to lose. I will be back on track next week, but whether it's Monday or Wednesday due to the Bank Holiday, I'm not sure, but thankfully zumba is on over half term

:wizard: Good luck everyone :wizard:

Netty
06-01-2012, 02:00 AM
Mandy, hope all went well yesterday :hug::hug:

We have brought our holiday forward from September to August, so I am trying my best to keep on track now as I have around 12 weeks to lose 2 stone, 1 stone will be great to lose before the holiday though,but i'm not going to put too much pressure on myself as that always leads to my downfall and I start really going off the rails!
good luck everyone for this new month hope you all do well! :wizard::wizard::wizard:

loobzuk
06-01-2012, 04:43 AM
was thinking of you yesterday Mandy, hope it went as well as these things can:hug:

Good luck Jeanette with your goal, nothing like an upcoming holiday to focus your mind! Luckily I have over a year until my next trip.

As you know, I'm destined to be one of life's plodders so all I'm hoping for is that by the end of June I will have lost my first stone - that's only another 3 1/2 lbs so highly do-able. Next weigh in as usual on Wednesday and, thanks to working all day Sunday and Monday, not too much time to do any damage over the long weekend that everyone keeps talking about!

crabbie1
06-01-2012, 06:12 AM
Well I feel like a beach whale not beach bod:sad2:I was doing really well then this week put 4lb on. Don't know why either which is why I'm down. Wouldn't mind if I had been out and raiding the chocolate but I haven't.
Charlotte lost one of her friends last week suddenly he was only 7. So tragic and tht has made me not eat so perhaps it's fluid.
Anyway Jeanette when are you in August? Mandy I don't know what's happened but :grouphug: from us to you.

peachiepie
06-01-2012, 08:26 AM
I joined slimming world recently...had my 2nd weight in on Wednesday and so far I've lost 3 1/2lbs, so at least I'm now going in the right direction.

jjk
06-02-2012, 01:33 AM
For me, May has been an emotional month with extreme highs and lows. It started with my last minute holiday (which was amazing) and ended with hubby's dad's funeral yesterday

I've been to one zumba class this week and I've kept away from the scales, I now have my holiday weight and whatever I've put on over the last week due to comfort eating to lose. I will be back on track next week, but whether it's Monday or Wednesday due to the Bank Holiday, I'm not sure, but thankfully zumba is on over half term

:wizard: Good luck everyone :wizard:

we were thinking of you Mandy:hug: Enjoy your Bank Holiday and good luck for the next week :)

We have brought our holiday forward from September to August, so I am trying my best to keep on track now as I have around 12 weeks to lose 2 stone, 1 stone will be great to lose before the holiday though,but i'm not going to put too much pressure on myself as that always leads to my downfall and I start really going off the rails!
good luck everyone for this new month hope you all do well! :wizard::wizard::wizard:

good luck for the next month :wizard:

was thinking of you yesterday Mandy, hope it went as well as these things can:hug:

Good luck Jeanette with your goal, nothing like an upcoming holiday to focus your mind! Luckily I have over a year until my next trip.

As you know, I'm destined to be one of life's plodders so all I'm hoping for is that by the end of June I will have lost my first stone - that's only another 3 1/2 lbs so highly do-able. Next weigh in as usual on Wednesday and, thanks to working all day Sunday and Monday, not too much time to do any damage over the long weekend that everyone keeps talking about!

I too am a plodder but Keep going we will all get there in the end :thumbsup2

hWell I feel like a beach whale not beach bod:sad2:I was doing really well then this week put 4lb on. Don't know why either which is why I'm down. Wouldn't mind if I had been out and raiding the chocolate but I haven't.
Charlotte lost one of her friends last week suddenly he was only 7. So tragic and tht has made me not eat so perhaps it's fluid.
Anyway Jeanette when are you in August? Mandy I don't know what's happened but :grouphug: from us to you.

so sorry to hear that, im sure you will loose it in know time stress can play havoc with weight loss/gain :hug:

I joined slimming world recently...had my 2nd weight in on Wednesday and so far I've lost 3 1/2lbs, so at least I'm now going in the right direction.

well done thats fab :goodvibes

jjk
06-02-2012, 01:39 AM
forgot to say I have been missing for a little while as life got in the way however the last 2 weeks have been really good. Hubby and I signed up to my fitness pal and have been keeping a food diary, aiming for 1200 calories a day (hubbies is higher) and I have lost a 1lb each week.
The really good thing for me is when you update your days food it tells you what you would weigh in 5 weeks time if you keep up the work . good luck to everybody this month :wizard::wizard::thumbsup2

mandymouse
06-02-2012, 01:44 AM

:hug: Thanks Jeanette

:wizard: Good luck, I hope you reach your goal for your hols ::yes::

:hug: Thanks Louise

:wizard: Good luck hun, I hope you have lost your first stone by the end of the month ::yes::

Well I feel like a beach whale not beach bod:sad2:I was doing really well then this week put 4lb on. Don't know why either which is why I'm down. Wouldn't mind if I had been out and raiding the chocolate but I haven't.

:hug: Thanks Alyson, hubby's dad passed away last week and it was the funeral on Thursday

:hug: Oh how sad to hear about Charlotte's friend :wizard: I hope once you start eating properly again, the weight falls off

:banana: Well done hun, keep up the good work

we were thinking of you Mandy:hug: Enjoy your Bank Holiday and good luck for the next week :)

:hug: Thanks Rach

mandymouse
06-02-2012, 01:47 AM
forgot to say I have been missing for a little while as life got in the way however the last 2 weeks have been really good. Hubby and I signed up to my fitness pal and have been keeping a food diary, aiming for 1200 calories a day (hubbies is higher) and I have lost a 1lb each week.
The really good thing for me is when you update your days food it tells you what you would weigh in 5 weeks time if you keep up the work . good luck to everybody this month :wizard::wizard::thumbsup2

That sounds good Rachel, I like the idea of knowing what you could be in 5 weeks time, very motivational (if that's a word :rotfl2:) :wizard: Good luck !!

PumpkinPastie
06-04-2012, 06:29 PM
I am looking forward to my holiday in October to WDW and I really need to lose some serious weight and to get my fitness levels up as all that walking about carrying the extra weight is just awful.

So I am going to come here and look for some support when the chocolate is a calling.

mandymouse
06-05-2012, 01:52 AM
I am looking forward to my holiday in October to WDW and I really need to lose some serious weight and to get my fitness levels up as all that walking about carrying the extra weight is just awful.

So I am going to come here and look for some support when the chocolate is a calling.

:wave2: Welcome to the Disboards and to our dieting thread Cee Cee

Will you be following a diet, exercising or just generally eating better ? :wizard: Good Luck in reaching your goal before your holiday, if you can pop on here each week or whenever you feel happy to let us know how you're getting on :)

bee86
06-05-2012, 04:57 AM
Hi all,

Im back! and annoyingly have gained back 6 of the 10 lbs I had lost :( Darn it!
Was sitting exams all through May and I just fell right off the wagon! Getting back on today, so if anyones off the wagon use today to get back on with me :cool1:
Completed the womens mini marathon(for the irish cancer society) yesterday and gosh am I sore today! Anyone got any remedy's for sore muscles??

Also, just wondering what everyone is doing? I had been going to WW but I just havent got the time (or money, its 10 per week before you buy some branded goodies at the meeting) so as of this morning, I have downloaded a free calorie counting app........so my question is to count calories or points?(cue silly question of the century) does calorie counting work? What method as such, is everyone using? :banana:

PumpkinPastie
06-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Counting calories can work but its really time consuming. If you know how much weight watchers points you are meant to have for your size extra then you wouldnt have to go to the classes as such because you can work it out for yourself. Also asda and morrisons do eat smart foods that are ww pointed. Good luck.

Personally, I just try and cut back on the things that I know are bad for me. Eat a bit more healthily and try more excersice. Its not going to have the weight falling off me but it wont make me lose hope every time I have a chocolate bar either.

Holstar
06-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Hullo everyone!

I'm so glad I found this thread.... Sometimes, it feels as if I'm living on the UK Trip Planning Forum!

We're off for our first holiday to WDW for three weeks in August 2013 - and I want to loose about 6 stone by then (eeeeek).... so quite a bit of serious slimming needs to be done!

I've lost 1st 12lb so far, but loads more to go! It's a relief knowing there are others out there with similar goals :)

xxx

mandymouse
06-06-2012, 01:36 AM
Hi all,

Was sitting exams all through May and I just fell right off the wagon! Getting back on today, so if anyones off the wagon use today to get back on with me :cool1:
Completed the womens mini marathon(for the irish cancer society) yesterday and gosh am I sore today! Anyone got any remedy's for sore muscles??

Also, just wondering what everyone is doing? I had been going to WW but I just havent got the time (or money, its 10 per week before you buy some branded goodies at the meeting) so as of this morning, I have downloaded a free calorie counting app........so my question is to count calories or points?(cue silly question of the century) does calorie counting work? What method as such, is everyone using? :banana:

Well done on completing the womaens mini marathon, and for such a good cause too ::yes::

When I'm dieting I tend to just cut out sweets, biscuits, crisps etc (though allow one treat a day, like a Milky Way), and before I went on holiday I cut out bread too. I do zumba 2 or 3 times a week (which I love) and I have a treadmill too, which I need to get back on again

:wizard: Good luck :wizard:

Hullo everyone!

I'm so glad I found this thread.... Sometimes, it feels as if I'm living on the UK Trip Planning Forum!

We're off for our first holiday to WDW for three weeks in August 2013 - and I want to loose about 6 stone by then (eeeeek).... so quite a bit of serious slimming needs to be done!

I've lost 1st 12lb so far, but loads more to go! It's a relief knowing there are others out there with similar goals :)

xxx

:banana: Well done on losing 1st 12lbs. Have you joined a slimming club or are you doing it yourself ?

:wizard: Good luck, I hope you reach your next mini target soon :wizard:

crabbie1
06-06-2012, 03:07 AM
Iv been doing SW but don't know whether to try WW. Trouble is I like my normal food not just the rubbish which I'm cutting down on and worry tht WW wnt be enough food. Anyone have any views. I don't do exercise which I know I should but have bout a AB pro trainer . I would live to try Zumba but worried abt my neck problems.

loobzuk
06-06-2012, 06:33 AM
Weigh in Wednesday (it seems to come round so quick!). Lost 1lb so that's me up to 11 1/2lbs now. On course for the first stone to go by the end of June.

I follow WW - I tried SW but for me it was all about portion size. SW lets you eat as much as you want of certain foods (including potatoes) and I did so I didn't do very well. WW puts controls in place around portion size which is what works for me. I think both plans will work but you have to find the one that works with your particular issue(s).

jjk
06-06-2012, 08:00 AM

Hello and welcome and good luck :wizard::wave2:

Hi all,

well done on compleating the mini marathon. Have you tried my fitness pal I used to follow weight watchwers but got stuck have been eating normal food and tracking calories here and have lost 1lb every week so far.

Hullo everyone!

well done on your loss so far and good luck for the next week :)

xxx

well done on your loss so far and good luck for the next week :)

Iv been doing SW but don't know whether to try WW. Trouble is I like my normal food not just the rubbish which I'm cutting down on and worry tht WW wnt be enough food. Anyone have any views. I don't do exercise which I know I should but have bout a AB pro trainer . I would live to try Zumba but worried abt my neck problems.

I have done both and found both very restrictive but in different ways I think ww was better than SW though and their new propoints plan is more flexible than the olds point system. Good luck for the week :thumbsup2

Weigh in Wednesday (it seems to come round so quick!). Lost 1lb so that's me up to 11 1/2lbs now. On course for the first stone to go by the end of June.
(s).

well done :goodvibes

bee86
06-06-2012, 05:19 PM
well done on compleating the mini marathon. Have you tried my fitness pal I used to follow weight watchwers but got stuck have been eating normal food and tracking calories here and have lost 1lb every week so far.

(that totally didnt quote properly for me but anyway you get the idea lol)

Would you believe thats the app that I have downloaded!!!!SO SNAP!!!!! Yay for my fitness pal..........ok well maybe I cant say yay just yet as I have only been using it two days :rotfl2: BUT well done on loosing 1lb every week that is amazing! Totally the inspiration to keep me going thank you so much :hug:

Ps: thanks for all the nice wishes about the mini marathon twas hard work but well worth it :cloud9:

mandymouse
06-07-2012, 12:53 AM

:banana: Well done on losing another pound Louise, keep up the good work

mandymouse
06-08-2012, 12:57 AM
:cool1: I have just weighed in and I have lost 2lbs since Monday. I'm a bit annoyed now that I wasn't a bit stricter with myself as it could've been more

:wizard: Fingers crossed that I'm on track now, though I will be seriously tested this weekend as I'm off to Manchester, and that usually means a few nice meals and quite a few cocktails :rolleyes1

:wizard: Good Luck over the next week everyone :wizard:

jjk
06-09-2012, 02:42 AM
:cool1: I have just weighed in and I have lost 2lbs since Monday. I'm a bit annoyed now that I wasn't a bit stricter with myself as it could've been more

:wizard: Fingers crossed that I'm on track now, though I will be seriously tested this weekend as I'm off to Manchester, and that usually means a few nice meals and quite a few cocktails :rolleyes1

:wizard: Good Luck over the next week everyone :wizard:

well done on your 2lb loss Mandy and enjoy your weekend :thumbsup2

jjk
06-09-2012, 02:43 AM
I am really pleased as for the first time in ages I have lost during a half term another 1lb gone for me :)

bee86
06-09-2012, 05:40 AM
I am really pleased as for the first time in ages I have lost during a half term another 1lb gone for me :)

Well done!!! and well done mandy on your 2lbs thats brilliant :woohoo:

mandymouse
06-10-2012, 08:46 AM

:yay: That's great Rachel, well done :yay:

Netty
06-12-2012, 02:39 AM
I missed last weeks weigh in, was working til 10pm so missed it, had a really busy week in my new job, working over 50 hrs, so couldnt get to another meeting either :headache:
anyway, I'm off work tomorrow so can get there!
will catch up with this thread later to see how everyones doing :)

mandymouse
06-12-2012, 06:41 AM
I missed last weeks weigh in, was working til 10pm so missed it, had a really busy week in my new job, working over 50 hrs, so couldnt get to another meeting either :headache:
anyway, I'm off work tomorrow so can get there!
will catch up with this thread later to see how everyones doing :)

:wizard: Good Luck at your weigh-in Jeanette :wizard:

loobzuk
06-13-2012, 08:21 AM
Mandy - well done on 2lbs and getting back on track, hope your weekend doesn't see you falling too far off the wagon!

Rachel - well done on your loss, that's a great result for half term

Jeanette - fingers crossed for your weigh in, working that many hours though I'm sure you didn't even have time to eat!

As for me, well, I STS which I was disappointed in but it is what it is! I did re-do my measurements though which are heading in the right direction, a cm or 2 off every one - wish the diet would leave my bust alone now though :rotfl2:

mandymouse
06-14-2012, 12:57 AM
As for me, well, I STS which I was disappointed in but it is what it is! I did re-do my measurements though which are heading in the right direction, a cm or 2 off every one - wish the diet would leave my ****s alone now though :rotfl2:

:cool1: Well done on STS Louise. I think sometimes we focus far too much on the scales and not take into account that our clothes are fitting better or our measurements are getting smaller, keep up the good work ::yes::

Netty
06-14-2012, 12:20 PM
well done girls on your losses and well done on the sts as well :thumbsup2
I put 1/2lb on, its hard going for me now as my mealtimes are now eratic! this week is an easier week and i can get to next weeks weigh in to, so i'm hoping to lose next week, fingers crossed!!

mandymouse
06-14-2012, 02:43 PM
I put 1/2lb on, its hard going for me now as my mealtimes are now eratic! this week is an easier week and i can get to next weeks weigh in to, so i'm hoping to lose next week, fingers crossed!!

Don't be too despondent Jeanette :wizard: Good luck for next week hun

I must admit I'm dreading my weigh-in tomorrow. After a fun weekend then missing a zumba class the other day, I feel quite bloated :(

irongirlof12
06-14-2012, 03:06 PM
Well, I bit the bullet and went back to SW tonight after about 7weeks away. I was expecting a big gain but not as bad as I thought at 6lb on. if I try really hard I will shift that in a couple of weeks:goodvibes

Netty
06-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Well, I bit the bullet and went back to SW tonight after about 7weeks away. I was expecting a big gain but not as bad as I thought at 6lb on. if I try really hard I will shift that in a couple of weeks:goodvibes

well done on going back, hard isn't it going through the door again but well worth it:) good luck for the coming week.

good luck Mandy with tomorrows weigh-in :wizard:

mandymouse
06-15-2012, 12:46 AM

Well done going back to SW Andrea :wizard: Good luck over the next week, I'm sure you'll shift that 6lbs in no time ::yes::

well done on going back, hard isn't it going through the door again but well worth it:) good luck for the coming week.

good luck Mandy with tomorrows weigh-in :wizard:

Thanks Jeanette, I've just weighed-in and I was relieved to have STS this week, which didn't look possible earlier in the week

:wizard: Good luck to us all over the next week :wizard:

Netty
06-15-2012, 01:26 AM
Well done going back to SW Andrea :wizard: Good luck over the next week, I'm sure you'll shift that 6lbs in no time ::yes::

Thanks Jeanette, I've just weighed-in and I was relieved to have STS this week, which didn't look possible earlier in the week

:wizard: Good luck to us all over the next week :wizard:

well done Mandy on sts this week :thumbsup2

jjk
06-15-2012, 04:07 AM

im sure youll shift that in no time good luck this week :goodvibes

well done for going back and good luck :goodvibes

[QUOTE=
, I've just weighed-in and I was relieved to have STS this week, which didn't look possible earlier in the week

:[/QUOTE]

well done on sts Mandy :)

I am pleased as another 1lb gone this week :banana::banana:

mandymouse
06-16-2012, 01:29 AM
I am pleased as another 1lb gone this week :banana::banana:

:banana: Well done Rach, you're doing so well :banana:

loobzuk
06-20-2012, 07:21 AM
well done to everyone - it sounds as though we're all on the straight and narrow for now. I'm happy to report a 2lbs loss this week which takes me to 131/2 lbs in total - and definitely on target to hit the 1 stone mark by the end of the month. It also puts me down into the next stone which feels so much better!

mandymouse
06-20-2012, 12:08 PM
well done to everyone - it sounds as though we're all on the straight and narrow for now. I'm happy to report a 2lbs loss this week which takes me to 131/2 lbs in total - and definitely on target to hit the 1 stone mark by the end of the month. It also puts me down into the next stone which feels so much better!

:cool1: Well done on losing 2lbs this week Louise pixiedust: I hope you reach your stone very soon

jackieleanne
06-21-2012, 01:51 AM
Well done everyone. You're all doing so well.

Count me in I need extra motivation and support. Been trying to lose for a while now but I've been up and down like a yo yo! I lost 1 stone on Slim Fast before I went to London in April but then three London trips later I managed to put it all back on. Lost a further 7ibs the past two weeks but from Monday I will be going on the South Beach Diet.

I ideally want to lose 2 Stone before October (my sisters wedding) and a further stone before next September when we go to Florida.

I go to the gym five times a week and also do Zumba and jogging (when the weather is nice). So hopefully I should start to see the weight drop off. :thumbsup2

mandymouse
06-21-2012, 02:07 AM
Well done everyone. You're all doing so well.

Count me in I need extra motivation and support. Been trying to lose for a while now but I've been up and down like a yo yo! I lost 1 stone on Slim Fast before I went to London in April but then three London trips later I managed to put it all back on. Lost a further 7ibs the past two weeks but from Monday I will be going on the South Beach Diet.

I ideally want to lose 2 Stone before October (my sisters wedding) and a further stone before next September when we go to Florida.

I go to the gym five times a week and also do Zumba and jogging (when the weather is nice). So hopefully I should start to see the weight drop off. :thumbsup2

:wave2: Welcome to our dieting thread Jackie. It already sounds like you're already doing well in the exercise side of getting healthy, so I hope the South Beach Diet helps with the weight, what kind of things does it say to eat or avoid ? :wizard: Lots of luck hun

jackieleanne
06-21-2012, 06:53 AM
For the first two weeks it is carbs/dairy and Alcohol and then after the first two weeks you are allowed to introduce them back in but in limited portions.

I actually love getting the exercise usually helps me unwind after a hard day's work and Zumba is so much fun. :)

brer rabbit 28
06-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Hi ladies :goodvibes I'd love to join in please as I feel motivated just from reading these pages. You're all doing so well and all support helps doesn't it :hug:

I'm going to Disney in September and I'd like to lose about 2 stone by then. It feels like such a big aim but I hope I'll get there if I stay focused.

Diet wise I'm a juicer! I follow the Jason Vale juice plan which means getting up early every morning and making a right racket in the kitchen juicing down all the fruit and veggies for the day. I have 3 juices during the day (really filling) and a healthy dinner. The first week I did it I lost 7 lbs!

Exercise is always a battle for me. I love it when I start but it's the getting started! I zumba and go to the gym a few times a week. DH is also teaching me to play squash at the moment. Really tiring and I'm covered in bruises but hopefully worth it!

irongirlof12
06-21-2012, 05:39 PM
I lost 3.5 lbs tonight so very pleased with that.:goodvibes
Good luck we can do this!:banana:

mandymouse
06-22-2012, 12:48 AM
For the first two weeks it is carbs/dairy and Alcohol and then after the first two weeks you are allowed to introduce them back in but in limited portions.

I actually love getting the exercise usually helps me unwind after a hard day's work and Zumba is so much fun. :)

:wizard: Good Luck Jackie, I will be very interested to hear how you get on over the next few weeks

Hi ladies :goodvibes I'd love to join in please as I feel motivated just from reading these pages. You're all doing so well and all support helps doesn't it :hug:

I'm going to Disney in September and I'd like to lose about 2 stone by then. It feels like such a big aim but I hope I'll get there if I stay focused.

Diet wise I'm a juicer! I follow the Jason Vale juice plan which means getting up early every morning and making a right racket in the kitchen juicing down all the fruit and veggies for the day. I have 3 juices during the day (really filling) and a healthy dinner. The first week I did it I lost 7 lbs!

Exercise is always a battle for me. I love it when I start but it's the getting started! I zumba and go to the gym a few times a week. DH is also teaching me to play squash at the moment. Really tiring and I'm covered in bruises but hopefully worth it!

:wave: Welcome to our dieting thread Claire :wizard: Good Luck with the Jason Vale plan. Try not to focus too hard on your overal loss and take it in 1/2 a stone mini targets, that way you'll reach your mini goals quicker ::yes::

It's great to see how popular Zumba is, I love it :thumbsup2

I lost 3.5 lbs tonight so very pleased with that.:goodvibes
Good luck we can do this!:banana:

:yay: Yay ! Well done Andrea, that's brilliant, well done

Well I have just weighed-in too, and I have lost 2lbs this week, I am chuffed to bits :banana:

jjk
06-23-2012, 04:58 AM
sorry I havent kept up with this thread this week well done to everybody that has lost

I am pleased to report another 1lb loss:banana::banana:

mandymouse
06-23-2012, 06:05 AM
sorry I havent kept up with this thread this week well done to everybody that has lost

I am pleased to report another 1lb loss:banana::banana:

:banana: Well done Rachel, you're doing great !!

peachiepie
06-23-2012, 12:57 PM
I got my half stone award at slimming world last week!

Althought I've missed my weigh-in this week as I've been laid up with a chest infection :sick:

mandymouse
06-24-2012, 02:37 AM
I got my half stone award at slimming world last week!

Althought I've missed my weigh-in this week as I've been laid up with a chest infection :sick:

:cool1: Well done on reaching your 1/2 stone award :cool1: I hope you're feeling better soonn ::yes::

brer rabbit 28
06-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Well done on all these weight losses. I'm saving my weigh day for later in the week as I only jumped on the scales on Thursday. I find it hard to resist the urge to get on them everyday.

I had my first real squash coaching session today (not just DH telling me what to do!). It was great but ooh do I hurt now. I just keep thinking about getting a peachy bum and toned thighs lol!

loobzuk
06-28-2012, 03:56 AM
sorry, I've let the side down this week! Weighed in yesterday to find I'd STS. Not a disaster in itself but I feel such a failure as it means I haven't reached my goal of shifting the first stone by the end of June (only 1/2 lb short). There is no pattern to my weight loss. Since I started in April I haven't had any gains but losses range from 1/2 lb to 2lbs a week with a few weeks of STS in between. I basically do the same thing week in week out so I'm not sure why it's so erratic.

Was so fed up yesterday I had white bread and butter (well Clover Lighter) for my tea. Managed to get it all written onto my tracker and it's not done any damage. I did enjoy it but am paying the price this morning as I have had a bit of an achey tummy since I got up.

At least we'll be due a new thread on Sunday so I can put this one behind me!

mandymouse
06-29-2012, 12:47 AM
Well done on all these weight losses. I'm saving my weigh day for later in the week as I only jumped on the scales on Thursday. I find it hard to resist the urge to get on them everyday.

I had my first real squash coaching session today (not just DH telling me what to do!). It was great but ooh do I hurt now. I just keep thinking about getting a peachy bum and toned thighs lol!

:wizard: Good luck with your weigh-in ::yes::

sorry, I've let the side down this week! Weighed in yesterday to find I'd STS. Not a disaster in itself but I feel such a failure as it means I haven't reached my goal of shifting the first stone by the end of June (only 1/2 lb short). There is no pattern to my weight loss. Since I started in April I haven't had any gains but losses range from 1/2 lb to 2lbs a week with a few weeks of STS in between. I basically do the same thing week in week out so I'm not sure why it's so erratic.

Was so fed up yesterday I had white bread and butter (well Clover Lighter) for my tea. Managed to get it all written onto my tracker and it's not done any damage. I did enjoy it but am paying the price this morning as I have had a bit of an achey tummy since I got up.

At least we'll be due a new thread on Sunday so I can put this one behind me!

:banana: Well done on STS Louise :wizard: Fingers crossed you get your stone next week, don't feel too bad, you've done really well

:cool1: I too have STS this week, I'm a little disappointed too as I melted in both of my zumba classes this week, so thought I'd have lost at least 1lb

Netty
06-29-2012, 02:00 AM
Lost 1lb this week :banana:

mandymouse
06-29-2012, 04:04 AM

:banana: Well done Jeanette, keep up the good work :banana:

jjk
06-29-2012, 08:43 AM

good luck with your weigh in and enjoy the Squash sessions :goodvibes

me!

well done on STS im sure will reach your target next week :)

:wizard: Good luck with your weigh-in ::yes::

:cool1: I too have STS this week, I'm a little disappointed too as I melted in both of my zumba classes this week, so thought I'd have lost at least 1lb

Im sure you;ll see a loss next week Mandy:thumbsup2

well done :banana::banana:

I am soo pleased as I have lost 1lb again this week and I tried on a couple of pairs of trousers that I havent been able to wear for a while and they fit plus a couple of people have commented on the fact I have lost weight this week which is always a bonus :banana::banana::banana:

mandymouse
06-30-2012, 01:06 AM
I am soo pleased as I have lost 1lb again this week and I tried on a couple of pairs of trousers that I havent been able to wear for a while and they fit plus a couple of people have commented on the fact I have lost weight this week which is always a bonus :banana::banana::banana:

:yay: Well done on losing another pound Rachel. I think people noticing you've lost weight is even better than seeing it on the scales ::yes::

sg1
07-02-2012, 08:15 AM
I had been doing well lost about 3kg then put it all back on :( Im going to Disney in 8 weeks so Im starting all over again today.. no more drink/junk food I mean it this time!

ariel_
07-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Hello everyone!

Have been so inspired reading this thread so I'm taking the plunge and joining in (while eating a Belgian waffle just to get rid of it for starting to be good tomorrow:lmao:)

I joined SW in November last year and found it really suited me - I lost a stone and a half by January. Not long after that I relocated from Scotland to the West Midlands and it took me until May to join down here, luckily for me I had managed to stay the same. Since I rejoined I've had no motivation, have lost 4 1/2 lbs in 2 months and got another 11lbs to go to target! I've not following the diet very closely and have been just managed to maintain most weeks or lose 1lb here and there.

So to motivate myself I bought a beautiful pink weighted hula hoop to try hula-hooping some pounds away! Has anyone tried this? A few of my friends swear by it!

Weighing in on Thursday so fingers crossed for at least a half pound off!

Good luck everyone, looking forward to reading all your updates!

crabbie1
07-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Not tried a hulahoop. Sounds a good idea though.
Well after having a rough 6weeks iv lost 13lb through stress but iv joined WW tonight. Not donenthe propoints before so will see how I get on. I have 18lb to get to target:rotfl: I need a 2lb a week loss to get to my goal before september:banana: sure there will be blips on the way.
Howmdoes anyone else find the diet? Are you hungry at all?:confused3

mandymouse
07-03-2012, 12:57 AM
I had been doing well lost about 3kg then put it all back on :( Im going to Disney in 8 weeks so Im starting all over again today.. no more drink/junk food I mean it this time!

:wizard: Good luck, I hope you see a loss at your next weigh-in

Hello everyone!

Have been so inspired reading this thread so I'm taking the plunge and joining in (while eating a Belgian waffle just to get rid of it for starting to be good tomorrow:lmao:)

I joined SW in November last year and found it really suited me - I lost a stone and a half by January. Not long after that I relocated from Scotland to the West Midlands and it took me until May to join down here, luckily for me I had managed to stay the same. Since I rejoined I've had no motivation, have lost 4 1/2 lbs in 2 months and got another 11lbs to go to target! I've not following the diet very closely and have been just managed to maintain most weeks or lose 1lb here and there.

So to motivate myself I bought a beautiful pink weighted hula hoop to try hula-hooping some pounds away! Has anyone tried this? A few of my friends swear by it!

I've not used a hula hoop in years, though I can imagine it's very good exercise :wizard: Good luck, I hope you see a loss straight away

Well after having a rough 6weeks iv lost 13lb through stress but iv joined WW tonight. Not donenthe propoints before so will see how I get on. I have 18lb to get to target:rotfl: I need a 2lb a week loss to get to my goal before september:banana: sure there will be blips on the way.

:wizard: Good luck at reaching your goal Alyson :wizard:

loobzuk
07-03-2012, 05:31 AM
I can't hula hoop to save my life, but I have been known to use my dd's skipping rope (much to the amusement of DS!)

Alyson, I follow WW and sometimes I think I'm hungry but it's usually when I'm not doing anything constructive (like watching tv). You can always eat fruit at these times. Since April I've started eating a bigger variety of fruit and currently in my fridge I have blueberries, raspberries, melon, kiwi, strawberries, apples, pineapple, green grapees, red grapes and cherries! Costs a fortune but it's working. My other saving grace is rice cakes (which I eat in place of bread and it's very rare that I now have bread).

jjk
07-03-2012, 10:05 AM

welcome and good luck :)

Hello everyone!

good luck for your weigh in and Happy Hula.ing I am rubbish at it much to the amusement of the children i work with :rotfl:

good luck with ww and pro points i used to be Hungry but ive switched to My fitness pal and am eating proper food 1290 calories per day and am managing much better now not hungry at all. infact to start with i found it a struggle to use all my calories but i stay away from bread as it just does not agree with me and weight loss :goodvibes

Netty
07-04-2012, 08:03 AM
i'm not going to get weighed today, as I have had a sugar overload the past few days, anything nice, sweet and loaded with calories- I have scoffed:rotfl: all due to time of month..I hope to be getting back on track, I have joined myfitnesspal anyone else have it? how does it work etc, I have downloaded the app but haven't got around to looking at it properly!

jjk
07-04-2012, 08:32 AM
i'm not going to get weighed today, as I have had a sugar overload the past few days, anything nice, sweet and loaded with calories- I have scoffed:rotfl: all due to time of month..I hope to be getting back on track, I have joined myfitnesspal anyone else have it? how does it work etc, I have downloaded the app but haven't got around to looking at it properly!

I use my fitness pal its really easy you just track allyour food and excersise and it tells you how many calories you have had etc and what you will weigh in 5 weeks time which I find a brilliant incentive you can also add your friends so you can encourage each other :)

ariel_
07-04-2012, 11:29 AM

I am exactly the same this week, I can't get enough sweet stuff! So many people on here are talking about myfitnesspal, I might give it a go and see if I can use it together with SW to try and give myself double motivation!

mandymouse
07-04-2012, 02:19 PM

I am exactly the same this week, I can't get enough sweet stuff! So many people on here are talking about myfitnesspal, I might give it a go and see if I can use it together with SW to try and give myself double motivation!

Unfortunately we all have weeks like this :(

:wizard: Good luck for your next weigh-in girls :wizard:

Netty
07-05-2012, 05:00 AM
I use my fitness pal its really easy you just track allyour food and excersise and it tells you how many calories you have had etc and what you will weigh in 5 weeks time which I find a brilliant incentive you can also add your friends so you can encourage each other :)

I have just had a look online instead of my mobile at myfitnesspal, i'm starting today with the calorie counting, i'll give it a go, my username is netsuk1 if anyone wants to add me as a friend! :wave2:

ariel_
07-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Unfortunately we all have weeks like this :(

:wizard: Good luck for your next weigh-in girls :wizard:

Turns out my hula hooping must have worked, just had my SW weigh in and I've lost 2lbs this week! :cool1: Only 9lbs more to go, think I'll go make a ticker to motivate myself!

I have just had a look online instead of my mobile at myfitnesspal, i'm starting today with the calorie counting, i'll give it a go, my username is netsuk1 if anyone wants to add me as a friend! :wave2:

Good luck! Still thinking of signing up but I don't calorie count with SW so might just be confusing!

jjk
07-05-2012, 01:15 PM

I have sent you a friends request :thumbsup2

Netty
07-05-2012, 02:40 PM
I have sent you a friends request :thumbsup2

Thankyou! :goodvibes
well i have just done my first full day, and i felt like i had to 'behave' so to speak -with my food intake, writing it all down helps!

Netty
07-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Turns out my hula hooping must have worked, just had my SW weigh in and I've lost 2lbs this week! :cool1: Only 9lbs more to go, think I'll go make a ticker to motivate myself!

wow well done on the loss!! :cool1:

jjk
07-05-2012, 02:51 PM

well done thats fab :cheer2:

mandymouse
07-06-2012, 02:37 AM

:cheer2: Well done, the hula hooping is obviously working :cheer2:

:blush: I'm avoiding the scales this week, I had a lovely Indian meal during the week, and I'm feeling a bit bloated and sluggish today, so I think I'd better get back on the treadmill

pixiedust: Good luck to us all over the next week

kirstinemma
07-06-2012, 07:51 AM
Hello! I don't think I;ve weighed in on here since maybe march? :rolleyes: but I'm back now as life just seemed to take over a little bit there! Over the past few months I've been a bit up and down with my weight, but I weigh now exactly the same as I did in March, so I'm happy with that! And hopefully I will look half decent in a swimming costume!!:lmao:

Good luck everyone for your weigh ins! :thumbsup2

mandymouse
07-07-2012, 02:00 AM
Hello! I don't think I;ve weighed in on here since maybe march? :rolleyes: but I'm back now as life just seemed to take over a little bit there! Over the past few months I've been a bit up and down with my weight, but I weigh now exactly the same as I did in March, so I'm happy with that! And hopefully I will look half decent in a swimming costume!!:lmao:

Good luck everyone for your weigh ins! :thumbsup2

:cheer2: Well done on maintaining your weight over the last few months Kirstin, I'm sure you'll look fab in your swimming costume ::yes::

sg1
07-07-2012, 04:47 AM
down two kilos!

mandymouse
07-08-2012, 06:35 AM
down two kilos!

:cool1: Nice one !! Keep up the good work :cool1:

crabbie1
07-08-2012, 12:15 PM
First weigh in tomorrow. Lost an inch of waist and 1.5 off butt yeah.

mandymouse
07-09-2012, 01:03 AM
First weigh in tomorrow. Lost an inch of waist and 1.5 off butt yeah.

:cool1: Well done on your inch losses, good luck with your weigh-in today Alyson ::yes::

mandymouse
07-13-2012, 01:02 AM
:blush: I haven't been too good over the last two weeks, but thankfully have kept up with my Zumba, so the damage is just a one pound gain. Hopefully I'll get back on track over the next few days

pixiedust: Good luck over the next week everyone

peachiepie
07-13-2012, 09:55 AM
I lost 1.5 pounds this week so I'm pretty happy. It's my birthday next week though so I'm hoping next weeks weigh in isn't tooooo bad!

mandymouse
07-13-2012, 02:46 PM
I lost 1.5 pounds this week so I'm pretty happy. It's my birthday next week though so I'm hoping next weeks weigh in isn't tooooo bad!

:cool1: That's great, well done

I hope you have a fab birthday next week ::yes::

jjk
07-14-2012, 01:14 AM
:blush: I haven't been too good over the last two weeks, but thankfully have kept up with my Zumba, so the damage is just a one pound gain. Hopefully I'll get back on track over the next few days

pixiedust: Good luck over the next week everyone

well done for keeping up with your Zumba and im sure that 1lb will be gone in no time :)

well done thats fab :cool1: and enjoy your Birthday x

I missed weigh in last week but pleased to report a 2lb loss today :goodvibes

mandymouse
07-14-2012, 01:30 AM
I missed weigh in last week but pleased to report a 2lb loss today :goodvibes

:banana: Well done Rachel, you must be chuffed to bit with how your diet is going, you've been a steady pound a week for a while now, well done :)

crabbie1
07-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Sorry for. Ot posting i couldnt go to the monday class so my first weigh in was wends and i lost 3.5lb !!!! Iv bought the monthly pass so i hv to go. Not hungry at all great diet.

mandymouse
07-16-2012, 12:57 AM
Sorry for. Ot posting i couldnt go to the monday class so my first weigh in was wends and i lost 3.5lb !!!! Iv bought the monthly pass so i hv to go. Not hungry at all great diet.

:cool1: Well done on losing 3.5lbs Alyson, that's great ! :cool1:

loobzuk
07-16-2012, 08:39 AM
haven't checked in after my last 2 Wednesday weigh ins so here goes! First week I STS - was gutted and really couldn't understand why. Then last week I finally lost 1lb which has taken me to 14 1/2 lbs; so pleased to have finally lost a stone - now to start tackling the next one.

Not sure if I'm going to weigh in this week as I have my diabetes check up Wednesday morning so I'll be tight for time. Hopefully my blood tests will show a vast improvement to my blood sugar levels.

Off now to check everyone's progress!

mandymouse
07-17-2012, 01:14 AM
haven't checked in after my last 2 Wednesday weigh ins so here goes! First week I STS - was gutted and really couldn't understand why. Then last week I finally lost 1lb which has taken me to 14 1/2 lbs; so pleased to have finally lost a stone - now to start tackling the next one.

Not sure if I'm going to weigh in this week as I have my diabetes check up Wednesday morning so I'll be tight for time. Hopefully my blood tests will show a vast improvement to my blood sugar levels.

Off now to check everyone's progress!

:woohoo: Well done on losing over a stone Louise, keep up the good work and I hope all goes well with your diabetes check

brer rabbit 28
07-19-2012, 10:40 AM
Hi :goodvibes

I don't seem to be losing any pounds but I'm definitely getting more toned up and losing inches. Still learning squash which is really working my muscles and going to the gym is helping too. Learnt how to use kettlebells last night as apperently they are really good for working your abs and tummy area as well as bum and thighs.

Everyone is doing so well and it motivates me reading all your posts.

mandymouse
07-20-2012, 12:47 AM
Hi :goodvibes

I don't seem to be losing any pounds but I'm definitely getting more toned up and losing inches. Still learning squash which is really working my muscles and going to the gym is helping too. Learnt how to use kettlebells last night as apperently they are really good for working your abs and tummy area as well as bum and thighs.

Everyone is doing so well and it motivates me reading all your posts.

:cool1: Well done, it's great that you're noticing that you're losing inches, I love it when I notice that clothes are looser on me :)

mandymouse
07-20-2012, 12:48 AM
:yay: I've just weighed in, and I have STS this week :)

crabbie1
07-20-2012, 01:59 AM
Well i put one on but was expecting more as tht time if the month due. Not eaten any different apart from the 2 twixes i had lol. Whoops!!

brer rabbit 28
07-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Well i put one on but was expecting more as tht time if the month due. Not eaten any different apart from the 2 twixes i had lol. Whoops!!

A little treat does you good or you'll start to resent the whole healthy eating kick.

I have M&S guilt free Mini choc chip cookies on hand for the desperate moments! 125 calories a bag and 5.9g fat

mandymouse
07-21-2012, 01:33 AM

A little treat does you good or you'll start to resent the whole healthy eating kick.

I have M&S guilt free Mini choc chip cookies on hand for the desperate moments! 125 calories a bag and 5.9g fat

I'm sure you'll shift that pesky pound next week Alyson ::yes:: There's nothing wrong with having the odd treat :wizard: Good luck for a loss next week

loobzuk
07-24-2012, 12:14 AM
lost another 1lb last Wednesday which takes me to 15 1/2 lbs (and have managed to either STS or lose every week so far, no gains since I started at the beginning of April).

Also really pleased to say that my diabetic check up went really well - I don't think the nurse could quite believe how far my blood sugar levels had dropped - she just kept shaking her head and saying wow! Having been at a high level (in the 80's or almost 10 in old money) I'm now down to 61 (which is around 7.7 in old money). I need to just reduce them slighty more (into the 50's/7.0) to get into the expected range. However in 4 months that is a brilliant result and I won't be going onto insulin again anytime soom!

Another weigh in tomorrow!

mandymouse
07-24-2012, 01:10 AM
lost another 1lb last Wednesday which takes me to 15 1/2 lbs (and have managed to either STS or lose every week so far, no gains since I started at the beginning of April).

Also really pleased to say that my diabetic check up went really well - I don't think the nurse could quite believe how far my blood sugar levels had dropped - she just kept shaking her head and saying wow! Having been at a high level (in the 80's or almost 10 in old money) I'm now down to 61 (which is around 7.7 in old money). I need to just reduce them slighty more (into the 50's/7.0) to get into the expected range. However in 4 months that is a brilliant result and I won't be going onto insulin again anytime soom!

Another weigh in tomorrow!

:yay: Well done on losing another pound, you must be chuffed to bits with your progress ::yes::

:wizard: Good luck with your weigh in today

mandymouse
07-27-2012, 01:04 AM
Well once again I have STS, I'm getting a bit fed up of this now, I guess my body knows that I don't have a holiday planned till next year :rotfl2::rotfl2:

crabbie1
07-27-2012, 02:04 AM
Mandy at least ur not gaining and tbh u really look great as u are. Xx
I lost 3.5 this week so after gaining tht pound due to monthly iv lost it and a bit more. Really pleased. X

mandymouse
07-28-2012, 12:42 AM
I lost 3.5 this week so after gaining tht pound due to monthly iv lost it and a bit more. Really pleased. X

:flower3: Aww, thanks Alyson

:banana: Well done on your loss this week hun, you're doing so well

TotallyAngelic
07-30-2012, 04:31 AM
As I am now heavier than I was in January due to yo yo dieting for the past 6 months and as I now actually have a holiday planned ( a week in Disneyland Paris in October ) I am hoping to kick my butt into gear and am staring on the Slimming World plan today. I have at least a stone to lose and ideally a bit more.
I haven't done SW before but I hope it works for me as it seems to work for lots of people :thumbsup2

mandymouse
07-30-2012, 08:10 AM
As I am now heavier than I was in January due to yo yo dieting for the past 6 months and as I now actually have a holiday planned ( a week in Disneyland Paris in October ) I am hoping to kick my butt into gear and am staring on the Slimming World plan today. I have at least a stone to lose and ideally a bit more.
I haven't done SW before but I hope it works for me as it seems to work for lots of people :thumbsup2

:wave2: Welcome back Sarah, that's great that you've got a holiday organised, that should keep you more focused :wizard: Good luck with your first weigh-in

jjk
07-30-2012, 09:45 AM
Well once again I have STS, I'm getting a bit fed up of this now, I guess my body knows that I don't have a holiday planned till next year :rotfl2::rotfl2:

well done on STS Mandy, you look great :thumbsup2

wow well done on a fab loss :yay::yay:

good luck with slimming world :thumbsup2

I have continued to lose a 1lb a week on MVP I only weigh in every 3 weeks as seems to work well for us next weigh in is saturday so fingers crossed. I was really chuffed today as bought some clothes in Tesco sale for Our October Holidayand they were all size 12. Its been years since I could get into that size :banana::banana::banana:

mandymouse
07-31-2012, 12:57 AM
I have continued to lose a 1lb a week on MVP I only weigh in every 3 weeks as seems to work well for us next weigh in is saturday so fingers crossed. I was really chuffed today as bought some clothes in Tesco sale for Our October Holidayand they were all size 12. Its been years since I could get into that size :banana::banana::banana:

:yay: Well done on your weight loss and reaching a size 12 too Rachel, you must be thrilled. How much further do you feel you need to go till you reach your target ? :)

jjk
07-31-2012, 01:23 AM
:yay: Well done on your weight loss and reaching a size 12 too Rachel, you must be thrilled. How much further do you feel you need to go till you reach your target ? :)

Im about half way Mandy, I want to lose another 14lbs hopefully I will almost be there before our October Hols :goodvibes

TotallyAngelic
07-31-2012, 01:55 AM
good luck with slimming world :thumbsup2

Thank you :thumbsup2 I did MFP for a couple of months and really found it worked but was rubbish at sticking to it. Once I have lost a stone I may well go back to it as it is more flexible than SW. Well done for dropping to a size 12 ... I look forward to being a 14 again :thumbsup2