PDA

View Full Version : Sea World in the Rain

freewill
05-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Hi, we've never been to SW but planning to visit over this coming week--with TS Beryl spinning nearby. Can anyone tell me how SW is on rainy days? Is show seating protected from the rain?

Thanks!

Little Flower
05-27-2012, 03:16 PM
Some of my favourite sea world memories are from rainy days:goodvibes

The shows are outdoors but there is a roof so you are protected and a lot of the exhibits are indoors. All I would say is that the air con makes it quite chilly if you've been rained on

CarolineB
05-27-2012, 07:37 PM
The Sky Tower was closed on Saturday due to high winds.

jdragr
05-27-2012, 10:11 PM
Sky Tower was closed today as well. They did shut down the coasters for a while today because of inclement weather. I never saw it raining hard but we didn't let the "sprinkles" bother us.

anorman
05-28-2012, 07:11 AM
We did Seaworld in the rain a couple of years ago and had a great day! There were very few people around so no lineups and since there was no thunderstorms that day (it was just raining) all attractions were a go. Riding Kraken in the rain is an experience I'll never forget....those raindrops hitting your face felt like pellets! It didn't stop us from riding it several more times though:thumbsup2. Don't let a little rain slow you down and have a great time.