PDA

View Full Version : Going to WDW 8 weeks after breast reduction

Gorechick
05-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Has anyone on the boards had breast reduction surgery and travelled to WDW soon after? Any experiences/advice appreciated!

ireland_nicole
05-26-2012, 01:14 PM
I've had a breast reduction (k cup to d, 8 lbs total); I didn't go to WDW right after, but did have a baby at home. I have to say, it was a very easy recovery; some discomfort but keeping things tightly wrapped at first and only wearing sports type bras for a while after helped a lot. I just needed tylenol for a couple days after. I'd say I felt pretty good by 2 weeks out. So I def. could have done WDW at 8 weeks. I would encourage you to be sure your overall fitness level is as good as possible before the surgery; that will make a big difference.

I Love Pluto
05-28-2012, 12:45 PM
I never had the surgery you're having, so I really don't know all of the recovery issues.

But - the first thing I thought of as I was reading was -- Don't let anyone bump into you at shoulder level where you could get hurt. We don't realize how often people walk into us in crowds, but you will realize big-time if you are still in any discomfort at all.

Be careful. Stay happy! :goodvibes

disneymarie
05-28-2012, 11:22 PM
Eight weeks out my dd was still in binding bra. SHe did not have the keyhole type surgery, they did from arm pit to arm pit. By 8 weeks you would know if the nip's are attaching right, any inflamation would have been delt with, but the area will be red, rawish, tender for any swimming, rough rides. Like that evil dinasour in Animal Kingdom that throws you about.
You will LOVE having normal tops to wear for sure!

Gorechick
06-20-2012, 03:32 PM
I had my surgery yesterday. I'm pretty sore, especially the undersides of my breasts. I haven't seen anything yet, I go for my follow up tomorrow. Then I will get my first look, get my dressings removed and incisions checked.

JennyDrake
06-20-2012, 04:14 PM
I have not had your specific surgery but I've had a few others. I find thet _I_ am about 75-80% "normal" after 6-8 weeks. I still tire more easily until about 12 weeks out. I wish you nothing but the best recovery and a great trip to WDW! And just wait until you can buy ANY top or dress you want!