PDA

View Full Version : ECV Rental - The differences....

everylastbreath
05-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know of our experences last week in renting an ECV for my mom (85yrs) - I originally booked with Randy's (who I have used in the past without issue) the last time I used them was possibly 3 years ago, this time the ECV seemed old and huge, and I ordered the canopy for an additional $15, well the ECV was HUGE and the canopy made it difficult to fit the ECV into the elevators- it was hard to manuver thru crowds because this old canopy was just a huge metal square that covered the ECV and was much larger than the ECV, my daughter had to actually drive the ECV at times for my mom because it was impossible for her to manuver this thing, all around the parks we were seeing much nicer ECV, much smaller and def. much more compact canopys.

We had to break this thing down to transport it, and even the Valets at Contempory and beach club (where we stayed) said they had never seen such a dreadfully old and horrible ECV. The last day we used it we were switchining over to the Hard Rock and we had called Randy's to transport it because we did not think we could fit the ECV, 4 pieces of luggage, and a stroller in the minivan we had rented, and they were so uncoopertative about moving it, that we finally just told them to take it back- once we got to Hard Rock we called Walkers and they immediately brought us a smaller ECV that was like a dream, my mom felt so much more confortable driving it, I wished we had it from the beginning of our trip.

I would totally recommend Walker, their ECV's are brand new, and we even had an issue with it not starting they brought us a replacement immediately- I would not hesitate to use them again.

But just ask before you rent, "How this the most compact size ECV" my mom is well under 200lbs, so it was not an issue of needing a larger ECV for weight- Randy's said they always use this size ECV

Belle1962
05-24-2012, 02:53 PM
I LOOOOVVVVVEEEEEE Walker. I've been renting from them for for over12 years. I've had exceptional customer service and no issues with billing. My health insurance even covers it. Wouldn't even think about renting from someone else.

jm-mom
05-26-2012, 11:49 AM
I just used Walker a few weeks. I've used them several times before as well and have never been disappointed. The scooter was just as I requested, in great working order, and waiting for me when I arrived. I would recommend them very highly.

aubriee
05-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Another fan of Walkers. We use them every time my mom goes to WDW with me. Never had a problem.

SueM in MN
05-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Iím very surprised because this is the first report like this we have gotten about Randyís. Most of the reports have said they use Pride Victory 10 scooters, which are quite new and are very nice scooters. That is also the scooter for guests less than 300 pounds that they show on their website. THey donít specifically say that is the only not they rent for that size, so it is possible they have others besides.

wendylovesdisney
05-28-2012, 10:24 AM
Maybe they told her that because they didn't want/have another one to bring her...