PDA

View Full Version : Tropicana Inn and Suites

Nan5
05-19-2012, 09:03 AM
:scratchinHas anyone ever stayed at the Tropicana Inn and Suites across from Disneyland. I don't hear too much about this hotel.... thanks...

BlueBayou
05-19-2012, 10:28 AM
We stayed there once (HOJO 2, CCI, Desert Inn and Suites 2, GCH, DLH, PPH, BWPI, Camelot 2). It is owned by the same people that own Camelot, which we prefer slightly. Camelot's pool is on a roof and you can watch the firework from there.

Our stay at the tropicana was several years ago - and I think they have remodeled since. My only issue is that we got a room with a shower only. While my DH and DD now 11 take showers, I am a bath gal myself. And my now DD9 was preschool age and had never taken a shower and wanted no part of it. Had it been just me dealing with a shower only - it would have been fine. But man that little girl was NOT pleased.

If the price is right I would not hesitate to stay there again. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was like most of the other motels on harbor who offer breakfast.

Nan5
05-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Thank you BlueBayou!!!

BlueBayou
05-19-2012, 12:04 PM
No problem - Have a great visit, wherever you decide to stay.

DLR29
05-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Have stayed there a couple times and love it for the location! The rooms have been renovated and the last time that I was there it was definitely a lot better than our first visit. The breakfast is really limited, but it works for us because we only need a couple pastries and then we're good.

isisisme
05-19-2012, 02:22 PM
It is our go to place when we are in the park. We were just there last weekend and will be staying there again next month. It is clean and pretty quiet. Of course, we run the AC most of the time we are there because I cannot sleep if I am hot. :)

The breakfast is just little pastries, some fruit..nothing exceptional. The in room coffee is not really coffee..but coffee colored water (I like espresso so my requirements are to be taken with a grain of salt when it comes to coffee :rotfl:). We have never used the pool, but it is in the middle of the parking lot between the 2 buildings of rooms.

Our rooms were cleaned every day we are there. Carousel Inn, our room was only cleaned twice in our 6 day stay last year. We had plenty of towels, the beds were very comfy for us.

Lynzer Torte
05-19-2012, 02:28 PM
We just got back on Wednesday from the Tropicana- our second stay. It's a fine hotel for the price (we paid $139/night w/tax). Rooms are a bit small and the front desk staff have 0 people skills but those are my only complaints. They do have bathtubs in all rooms. The saltwater pool is wonderful and the walk is a breeze. There's also 2 shops onsite in case you run out of anything. :)

pixiewings71
05-19-2012, 08:27 PM
We have, but it's been years. It was a decent hotel when we were there, nothing spectacular but nothing terrible. We would stay there again for the right price. Be aware that they do charge for mandatory valet parking now, they did not used to do this.

reguilliams
05-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Have stayed there many times, The rooms seam small and the breakfast is nothing to write home about. They now charge for parking!
But it is a 5 min walk to the front gates of disneyland and they do have a minimart in house. The hot tub a large and alwas hot.:thumbsup2

mystic_path
05-20-2012, 02:14 AM
My family stays at the Tropicana inn and suites or the Carousel every year, but the Tropicana usually takes the cake. OK yah the rooms may be a tad bit smaller, but in comparison to most hotel rooms.... It's about average. The bathrooms all have tubs, the rooms are clean and were remodeled a few years ago. The rooms my family finds to be quieter and the beds are very comfortable and we always sleep like we are on a cloud. The hotel has a nice pool, and it has a free continental breakfast that you can bring back to your room and eat. The front desk staff are OK, never had any run in with them or any snarky attitude. But we have had a really good reception with the bell hops who are willing to help you to your room with the bags. The Tropicana is also PRIME location to Disneyland being almost directly on the crosswalk to the main entrance, and like others said it has late night convenient/gift stores which are very helpful when you need anything. I find it most helpful to buy milk and cereal packs for the morning. Saves a ton of money.

If I had to rate this hotel on a scale from 1 - 10 (1 being worst / 10 being best) I would rate this hotel a 8. I would take points off for them rarely having your room ready if you arrive even a half hour early. I have always had to store my bags a few hours and head to the park which is fine, but it would be nice to have my room ready. But also a point taken off for the strange fact that the floors in some (Not all, but some) of the rooms seem to be on a slant. It gives you weird off balance feeling at times. Other then that... It's a great place to stay.

My recommendation for you if you choose this place, is to ask for the 3rd floor. Its the floor with the free breakfast room, but also the fact that there is no floor above you reducing the stomping of feet.