PDA

View Full Version : Redeeming Annual Pass Voucher on a Blocked out day

abouley
05-18-2012, 10:26 PM
We have a trip planned to disneyland in 2 weeks and had planned to buy annual passes at that time. The first day of our trip is a blocked out day but since we were buying our passes that day, I'd knew we'd be able to get in. Given the increase in annual pass prices, I want to buy them now. Will we still be able to get in on the blocked out day, if that's the day we actually redeem our vouchers?

Thanks!
Alison

Rhonna
05-18-2012, 11:36 PM
I went back and read the info. from a reliable site (not sure if I can link it here) but it makes it sound like it has to be the day you BUY the pass that you can get in on a blackout day. I guess vouchers don't work like that. Sorry. You could always try anyway but it may not work. Maybe someone else knows more than I could find.

abouley
05-18-2012, 11:55 PM
Thanks. I'm afraid that may be the case too. I may have to call tomorrow though I know getting a straight answer is not always easy! Thinking we may have to suck it up and buy all 4 of us the premium passes. Not excited about the extra $360 (we always upgrade 1 anyway for free parking and extra discounts) but now it's starting to seem like a bargain. With the kids in school now not being blocked out on 3 day weekends would be nice anyway.

I JUST booked our hotel on Thurs when we decided to surprise the kids on the last day of school with a trip. We had planned to wait until December to go back. Not sure if I'm glad we're going or now feeling trapped. I just ordered my disney rewards card that I had planned to use for part of the tickets but now won't be able to wait on that either. Ugh!

cmwade77
05-19-2012, 09:29 AM
The policy in the past has been that the blackout date does not apply on the day you redeem the voucher; however, as with all policies, this is subject to change, who knows what will happen after the price increase?

DLR29
05-19-2012, 12:57 PM
You indeed can buy a voucher and then redeem it on a blackout day. I've seen friends do this before. You have to get the actual AP card from a ticket booth sometime during the day, though. They also make you carry around a receipt because the pass will say that it's blocked out when it scans, but with the receipt they'll let you in. In fact, you have to be let in at least to have your picture taken by a Photopass photographer.

pixiewings71
05-19-2012, 07:25 PM
You absolutely 100% CAN use a voucher on a blackout day and get in without paying extra for the black out ticket. I have done this myself on 2 separate occasions. :)