PDA

View Full Version : Would it be cheaper for 7 people to take a taxi from LAX to HoJo than the DL shuttle?

bibbidibobbidibecky
05-18-2012, 06:32 PM
It seems so to me, but I wanted to ask here for advice.

In my limited taxi riding experience a mini-van isn't any more expensive than a regular-size taxi. And the shuttle is expensive, so I'm thinking it may end up being a bit cheaper...if traffic doesn't kill the meter.

Thoughts??

cp11
05-18-2012, 06:34 PM
In December we took a limo for eight of us and it was $10 more than it would have been for a taxi, but we did elect to leave a bigger tip because the limo service also sent an SUV or our luggage. It was the best hassle-free experience. So worth it to us, especially with four kids.

bibbidibobbidibecky
05-18-2012, 06:38 PM
In December we took a limo for eight of us and it was $10 more than it would have been for a taxi, but we did elect to leave a bigger tip because the limo service also sent an SUV or our luggage. It was the best hassle-free experience. So worth it to us, especially with four kids.

Do you care to share how much the limo was and what company you used?

lwilkison
05-18-2012, 09:06 PM

That sounds like a really nice ride...can you share who you used, what airport to which hotel and how much? We are coming with 5 people so extra comfort would be nice:goodvibes

Halloweenqueen
05-18-2012, 11:36 PM
Most taxis only allow 5 people. We are a family of seven and use American Limo out of Huntington Beach. We pay $99 each way for a super stretch that includes beverages. We also prepay the tip which is $19 each way.

We have used them for years and we have never been disappointed.

Eeee-va
05-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Per Mousesavers.com:

From LAX, Disneyland Resort Express is $22 one way/$32 roundtrip for an adult; $19 one way/$25 roundtrip for a child (ages 3-11), plus tip; kids under 3 are FREE.

There is also a "Family Pass" for up to 5 people roundtrip from/to LAX that costs $99.99. It must be purchased in advance online.

So assuming you've got at least 2 kids between 3-11, it's $94.45 plus tip each way on a roundtrip ticket ($188.90 total).

I'm not sure this is accurate, but http://www.worldtaximeter.com/los-angeles/LAX/Disneyland,+Anaheim has estimates of cab fare (with tax/tip/etc.) I think it goes by military time, but they say it'd cost $120 with little or no traffic. I'm not sure if that's right, but it may be.

http://www.limos.com/ is listed on Mousesavers.com as well--it lets you book transportation in advance. The limos are pricey from LAX but it also offers options like vans. I ran a random date from LAX and saw rates as low as $130, tip included, which is competitive with the shuttle. Not sure if they are like standard vans inside. (Frankly, if I had kids, I would personally want them in a standard car seat or at least a bus seat--I'm not sure if limos offer car seats or seat belts.)