PDA

View Full Version : June 5th, Nightime shows or wait?

zavandor
05-18-2012, 11:30 AM
I'm planning for my first visit to Disneyland Resort and I would like to ask for a suggestion.
I'll be there from 6/5 to 6/9. I've read about Hydroguy's rule about fireworks, so I was thinking to see both the fireworks and the second show of Fantasmic! the first night of my stay. That would allow me also to see those a second time before my trip ends if I'll love them (I know I'll love them :rotfl:)

But now I've noticed that 6/5 is the last day that the SoCal annual pass are not blocked out, from 6/6 to 6/9 are all blockout days.
So I think the parks could be very crowded that first day or my stay.

What would you do? Is it better to view the shows in a crowded day or skip them and try the rides (since the show should attract a lot of people out or rides)?

HydroGuy
05-18-2012, 12:31 PM
I'm planning for my first visit to Disneyland Resort and I would like to ask for a suggestion.
I'll be there from 6/5 to 6/9. I've read about Hydroguy's rule about fireworks, so I was thinking to see both the fireworks and the second show of Fantasmic! the first night of my stay. That would allow me also to see those a second time before my trip ends if I'll love them (I know I'll love them :rotfl:)

But now I've noticed that 6/5 is the last day that the SoCal annual pass are not blocked out, from 6/6 to 6/9 are all blockout days.
So I think the parks could be very crowded that first day or my stay.

What would you do? Is it better to view the shows in a crowded day or skip them and try the rides (since the show should attract a lot of people out or rides)?IMO do the shows on crowded days and save rides for less crowded days.

:wizard:

3Minnies1Mickey
05-18-2012, 02:38 PM
IMO do the shows on crowded days and save rides for less crowded days.

:wizard:

I agree. SoCal APs are less likely to wait around for shows they've seen many times already.

zavandor
05-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Great, so I'll stick with my plan.
Thanks for the suggestion.
And thanks a lot to Disboards, I've seen the news of the ticket price increase and just bought my tickets, I've saved a lot!