PDA

View Full Version : Bats day at DLR this Sunday 5/20

Priory
05-17-2012, 01:37 PM
I just saw this on another site. There is an unofficial event happening this weekend that I was not aware of. It's Bats Day at Disneyland. It looks to be a goth gathering. I've been looking over their website and it doesn't seem that big that it will overly affect crowds, but it is worth noting.

http://www.batsday.net/events/events.html#bditfp

I will be in the park that day, so I'll be sure to report back.

CamoMama
05-17-2012, 01:46 PM
I'll be there as well. I have a friend who is going specifically for that event, although I'm not. I don't think I could goth it up if I tried. I doubt it will have a major impact on crowds, Sunday is predicted to be a 6 I believe right now, which seems about right.

jetskigrl
05-17-2012, 02:22 PM
We have been on BATs day before and found that it didn't have that much of an affect on the crowd. We did, however, really enjoy seeing how everyone was dressed. Some of the outfits were amazing :thumbsup2

Other than some people being dressed a little differently, I saw so difference between BATs day and a regular day :)

Porturican
05-17-2012, 02:37 PM
The most major impact i saw was they must have had a group meeting to ride The Haunted Mansion. That line was crazy, it wrapped around far out and you just saw a sea of black and goth. NOT trying to be offensive in any way its just what I saw.
popcorn::

CamoMama
05-17-2012, 03:33 PM
The most major impact i saw was they must have had a group meeting to ride The Haunted Mansion. That line was crazy, it wrapped around far out and you just saw a sea of black and goth. NOT trying to be offensive in any way its just what I saw.
popcorn::

Yes. If you read the website that a PP posted above it lists the time for the Haunted Mansion photo op and ride, I think it was 7 or 7:30. If I go on the haunted mansion SUnda it will be earlier in the day or I'll just do it Monday.

CamoMama
05-17-2012, 03:34 PM
We have been on BATs day before and found that it didn't have that much of an affect on the crowd. We did, however, really enjoy seeing how everyone was dressed. Some of the outfits were amazing :thumbsup2

Other than some people being dressed a little differently, I saw so difference between BATs day and a regular day :)

I love the outfits, my friend will be wearing a tutu, can't wait to see her in it, it's going to be hilarious.

Priory
05-17-2012, 03:43 PM
I am looking at the website and there are some very cool, almost steampunk outfits. I'm happy I'll be there on Sunday.

:)

Mary Jo
05-17-2012, 03:51 PM
My daughter, Daisuke on the DIS, goes every year. Sometimes she dresses up and sometimes she doesn't. I know she & a friend are going and she'll have pics to share afterwards.

Oregon Traveler
05-17-2012, 05:08 PM
My son's high school band is traveling down from Oregon to march before the Soundsational parade on the 20th. I told the kids they should play up the goth theme....denied. Aw well, shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Butterfly123
05-17-2012, 06:00 PM
Pictures would be great! I'd love to see the outfits. Some of those steampunk outfits can be very elaborate.